Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
U-DO Burger
Nov 12, 2007

Thread title should say YHWACH. Kubo put a lot of effort into his bullshit spelling and we should respect that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

U-DO Burger
Nov 12, 2007

YWACH called Ichigo his son. Obviously, a portion of Zangetsu remained inside Masaki after Ichigo was born, which then fused with her soul and burst out of her body, killing her corporeal flesh. Masaki and Zangetsu then became YWACH.

YWACH is Ichigo's mom.

U-DO Burger
Nov 12, 2007

yum posted:

Rereading old chapters, don't know if this was posted already but I found it pretty neat

chapter 188
He regrets failing to save Masaki 20 years ago and at night. The grandfisher attack was 17? ish years ago and it was during the day. Kubo planning ahead??

And then their kids materialized out of nowhere many years later. Sounds like a solid theory.

U-DO Burger
Nov 12, 2007

Elysiume posted:

Why would he have spent three years unable to get over letting her die, before she died?

She died like 14 years after they met. If he's regretted something for 20 years, it was something else.

U-DO Burger
Nov 12, 2007

Batmasterson posted:

Is the number 9 significant in anyway here that I don't understand? 900 years for a heartbeat, 90 to regain reason, and 9 to regain power. Does 999 mean anything?

It means all of YHWACH's attacks hit the damage cap.

U-DO Burger
Nov 12, 2007

Silver2195 posted:

It was stupid because Shawlong did, in fact, state that the Espada were numbered from 1 to 10, Ulquiorra said that there were 3 Espadas above him, Ulquiorra bossed Yammy around, etc. Yammy apparently did a very good job of hiding his true rank for such a stupid person.

I like to think that Yammy really was just number 10 all along and Aizen was just trolling him by making everyone see '0' instead of '10' whenever Yammy released his power.

U-DO Burger
Nov 12, 2007

The_Frag_Man posted:

Assauchi are stupid. Ichigo pulled his sword out of nowhere originally, why does he need a assauchi now? It's dumb.
Why don't the captains who lost their bankai just get a new assauchi?

I'm assuming that getting a new sworddude means you start over from square one. Since it's a new sword, you have to learn the new sword's name before you can learn your shikai and bankai. In theory that takes decades/centuries.

U-DO Burger
Nov 12, 2007

TheHan posted:

And then it turns out that the reason the Sternritter can't steal his bankai is because he lacks a delta spiritron.

Haha this would explain Ichigo on so many levels.

U-DO Burger
Nov 12, 2007

treeboy posted:

I still want to know Zangetsu's release command

we'll probably never find out :smith:

Maybe it's "Save us", since that's what Orihime said to unleash Ichigo's inner Hollow.

U-DO Burger
Nov 12, 2007

Bleach Thread 14: This Asspull has been brought to you by the letter 'A'

U-DO Burger
Nov 12, 2007

Postal Parcel posted:

Secondly, the translation for Mangastream_Zaraki is hilarious:

wow so badass, thanks mangastream

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

U-DO Burger
Nov 12, 2007

Not really.

This week in Bleach: someone either negates all of his opponent's attacks through bullshit, or dies horribly. The bad guy smugs it up.

• Locked thread