Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Two Tone Shoes
Jan 2, 2009

All that's missing is the ring.

Swillkitsch posted:

I was looking at the OP image for several full minutes wondering what the gently caress I was looking at. This comic is a shitfest.

What? Ichigo's rear end whooping of Aizen was awesome.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Two Tone Shoes
Jan 2, 2009

SerSpook posted:

I still like Bleach and can be something of an apologist, but the entire final gestuga tenshou stuff was terrible. The transformation was fun, but all it did was let Ichigo launch one really powerful attack? At least give it a suite of abilities with mugetsu as just the final one. Make it clear that Aizen will just regenerate even against a crazy transformed perfect Ichigo. Make the rad demon thing Aizen became actually make the transformation necessary.

Basically, for something almost the entire series led up to (at that point) the entire fight was a letdown.

Horror monster Aizen and Ichigo bitch smacking him around despite his exuding smugness was what I waited years for, don't know about you guys.

Two Tone Shoes
Jan 2, 2009

Flashbacks have somehow been the best part of Bleach. Really enjoyed this chapter.

Two Tone Shoes
Jan 2, 2009

This was the weirdest chapter. Contrary to usual, lots of stuff happened, which was nice.

Two Tone Shoes
Jan 2, 2009

So Rukia's Captain Cold.

ok

Two Tone Shoes
Jan 2, 2009

Parrotine posted:

I dunno, seems like small potatoes compared to Aizen's 'stop hitting yourself' Shikai

Ten bucks he never even bothered to learn his Bankai

To learn your Bankai you have to defeat your sword spirit.

Aizen was pretty powerful but ain't no way he's ever gonna beat his Shikai.

Two Tone Shoes
Jan 2, 2009

Say Nothing posted:

Is Kenpachi's eyepatch now nailed to his face?

There's literally mouth underneath there that is permanently sucking him to get his sweet shinigami spiritron juice.

Two Tone Shoes
Jan 2, 2009

It's up.

http://www.mangapanda.com/bleach/577

:black101:

Two Tone Shoes
Jan 2, 2009

Serious Frolicking posted:

Eh, neither of those are really directly related to any of the main cast. It is more of a progenitor thing. It can't just be a dangerous contemporary character, it has to be the first, strongest and truest something or other. In terms of Bleach, it could have just as easily been the first hollow or fullbringer or some such nonsense if not for the fact that hollows are kind of played out and fullbringers are chumps no one ever cared about. For OP, it would be more like if Roger showed up and was secretly the true villain.

We might be going for something similar to this with the Gorosei, though with obviously a lot more foreshadowing that they're there and they're hiding poo poo.

Two Tone Shoes
Jan 2, 2009

Gyges posted:

Except they're an established part of the hierarchy of the Marines/World Government. In order to fit in Oda's Going to have to pull something out his rear end. So either Luffy's Mom, or the reveal of not actually dead for inexplicably heel turned Kuina, Belmare, Usopp's Mom, or Robin's Mom.

It was Laboon all along!!!!!!

I specifically mentioned there's more foreshadowing and that they're clearly involved with poo poo as opposed to just showing up without warning.

Heck, the post I was replying to didn't say anything about "pulling out of rear end." I was mostly referring to the, "first greatest truest" thing considering they're the head of the world that the marines base their justice on. Absolute Justice has been kind of a running theme in One Piece.

Two Tone Shoes
Jan 2, 2009

Yeah, I'm not surprised that Kubo made Ichigo's new clothes the most important thing ever.

Two Tone Shoes
Jan 2, 2009

Shoren posted:

In fact, she's really tiny. According to Kubo's end of chapter info sheets, she's about 4'8" and 70 lbs. How she was ever effective as a shinigami outside of kido is just beyond me.

Shinigami strength doesn't seem to necessarily be related to how big you are. I mean, Ichigo no sold Jidanbo at the start of the soul society arc and he's not super buff or anything.

Two Tone Shoes
Jan 2, 2009

Kortel posted:

Wasn't Orihime's whole twist that she had the power of gods? Was that never addressed?

Nah, Aizen just used her as bait to temporarily weaken Soul Society's forces for his invasion. Her reality warping power was shown to be fairly limited during the Ulquirroa(or however it's spelled) vs Ichigo fight anyhow.

Two Tone Shoes
Jan 2, 2009

Doctor_Fruitbat posted:

I was under the impression that Orihime's power was to turn back time, hence why she could heal anything.

So yes, take a corpse, give her a load of time and no-one need die of natural causes ever again.

Yeah but when Ulq blew a hole in Ichigo's chest her powers didn't work at all purely because Ulq's power level was too high.

Two Tone Shoes
Jan 2, 2009

Kild posted:

You think he has a bankai lol

Doesn't the typical Shinigami actually have to defeat their Shikai in their special place to get Bankai? Like Ichigo got to super accelerate the process and fight Zengetsu's test.

I doubt Aizen could actually beat his own Shikai considering it's easily the most powerful ability in the series to date.

Two Tone Shoes
Jan 2, 2009

Having the entire soul society squad combo stab Hinamori is the greatest moment in this otherwise dumb comic and anyone who disagrees is wrong.

Two Tone Shoes
Jan 2, 2009

Advice posted:

Because I'm bored let's list all the reasons Gin was the best thing in the series.

-Awesome design
-One of the first Captains we see release and instantly cuts off Jidanbou's arm and sends the Scooby Squad back outside the city.
-Taunts Rukia like a psychopath
-Fake setup for Big Bad, turns out to be The Dragon
-Is OTP with perverted fanboy favorite Matsumoto
-Dies offscreen before the series gets really bad
-Cool snake theme in his eyes, personality, and bankai
-Speaking of which, is the first person in the series to consider lying about what his release does
-Did all this while being bored the entire time. Much like Aizen, no explanation is given why he was born/trained to be stronger than 99% of the entire world
-Tried to kill Hiyori when NOT doing so would have posed zero threat to his "cover". He had no reason to kill her.

Both Aizen and Yumichika lie about their releases before Gin.

Two Tone Shoes
Jan 2, 2009

Fhate posted:

We know from Bach's encounter with Aizen that he can use his hypnosis to some extent on people near him even while he's sealed. It's possible that he hosed with Shunsui's perception and that he didn't unbind "mouth", but unbound something else, possibly a master seal that unlocks them all, or some such thing. It's also possible that unlocking a single seal lets enough of Aizen's power out that he can just crush all the rest of them with pure strength. It's also possible that Aizen didn't actually come walking up just now and that that was an illusion.

Basically...I have no idea. With Aizen it could be just about anything.

This is why Aizen is awesome. Bleach is stupid as poo poo but this is the best kind of stupid as poo poo thing. It's so stupid you can't possibly know what stupid thing is going on.

Two Tone Shoes
Jan 2, 2009

The only important detail about the Aizen-Momo switcheroo was how amazing an idea it was. It was the absolute capstone of everything we had envisioned about Aizen being a beyond smug, petty rear end in a top hat only doing this poo poo for the giggles because he's too overpowered for anything else to matter to him. We were right and proven right in the most hilarious way possible and I will always appreciate Kubo for it.

Two Tone Shoes
Jan 2, 2009

AIzen's great but Kyouraku's little speech at the beginning is my favorite part of this chapter. "You guys suck and aren't nearly as powerful as Aizen's ankles and I know that for a fact, so get used to it because I'm in charge and this is gonna save the world."

Aizen was great though. Apparently he wasn't bullshitting when Ichigo walloped him and he actually was becoming more powerful until Urahara Aizen'd him.

Two Tone Shoes fucked around with this message at 16:05 on Apr 2, 2015

Two Tone Shoes
Jan 2, 2009

Akumos posted:

What the gently caress was the panty shot? lmao. Kubo is just giving up.

You must be new to Bleach and Japaense Manga in general. That's pretty loving tame fanservice, honestly.

Two Tone Shoes
Jan 2, 2009

seizure later posted:

So if all of this is relative, is Ishida also another "giver" even though he could manifest a bow? Is it that just Yhwach loving with him?

Nah, It's Ichigo. Remember how all his friends got powers just by being around him for awhile?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Two Tone Shoes
Jan 2, 2009

Bleremiah posted:

With all the ridiculous bankai's from this arc, was aizen ever actually a threat way back when.

His shikai is still actually more powerful than anything we've seen so far from any other shinigami. Especially when they didn't know what it did.

He was only beatable the second he stopped using it.

Two Tone Shoes fucked around with this message at 11:53 on Apr 4, 2016

• Locked thread