Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Mulderman
Mar 20, 2009

Did someone say axe magnet?
It's a lack of effort really. Can't think of a cool name? Just grab some word from another language, preferably German. The Japanese got this thing for German words.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mulderman
Mar 20, 2009

Wow that was a pathetic attempt to retcon the death of Ichigo's mother. "Oh there just so happened to be this guy who at the EXACT same moment took away her awesome quincy powers!"

And stop it Ishida. You're not fooling anyone.

Mulderman
Mar 20, 2009

So... What exactly was the point of YWACH pretending to be Ichigo's Zanpakatu the whole time?

Mulderman
Mar 20, 2009

Uryuu now clad in white garb.

Oh Kubo... Unlike all those other times right?

Mulderman
Mar 20, 2009

Advice posted:

More importantly, if she has a reputation for this, how does she ever get away with it? The guy seemed totally convinced he was about to get laid, did she have sex and then kill him, or was her shirt unbuttoned as a ploy? If it was at least the former, maybe it's at least known that she's so good in bed that dying afterward is worth it.

I think it's more of a catch 22. You're gonna die anyways. Either refuse and die, or go along and "maybe" get lucky before you die.

Oh well. At least with the revelation that Bach wants to keep Uryuu on a short leash the whole "OMG an ally joined the enemy" trope might be over and done with pretty soon.

Mulderman
Mar 20, 2009

I can't wait for Aizen to come save the day. Knowing the jerk he probably replaced Captain Jobber with Hinamori

Mulderman
Mar 20, 2009

Yeah! This is Bleach after all. They'll get their Bankai back, beat the Quincies with it and thuse rendering their past training completely pointless

Mulderman
Mar 20, 2009

"We can't keep using it on a whim"
I... I don't even... Your entire goddamn world is being wrecked before you! How is this NOT a moment where you should use it!

Mulderman
Mar 20, 2009

Saradiart posted:

Regarding the eyepatch thing.

He also offers tea. Shunsui has always offered characters alcohol.

There is, however, a character that is quite fond of offering tea.

Since when were you under the impression that was even Shunsui?

His sliced off ear is also magically back...

Mulderman
Mar 20, 2009

Not using your mask. Explaining your ability... Why were these guys put in charge?
Also how is Mask still strong now that his fanboy bit the dust?

Mulderman
Mar 20, 2009

Eh... The charm of Mask is kinda gone by now. Should have ended on a high note, now it just feels like more of the same.

Mulderman
Mar 20, 2009

SerSpook posted:

Dude literally has star nipples, a championship belt, and his ultimate form gives him a cape of condensed reishi.

I'm glad we saw this before he's finally beaten.

Not me. It feels like Kubo strayed too far from the Luchador theme and went straight into... this.

And it could be interesting if this changed the battle in a significant way. But it literally feels like we've gotten the last chapter twice.

Then again this is Renji we're dealing with. At this point I half expected him to just dick around and show off his fancy new powers. Instead of trying to end the fight quickly and do more important stuff. I guess even with new super powers he still finds a way to gently caress things up.

Mulderman
Mar 20, 2009

I love crazy and over the top enemies. An undead Nazi Luchador, with a creepy but cute fanboy attached to him is a great concept.

And it's funny for a while, but this poo poo has been going on for over a month now, with nothing new happening. Even with a conceptually great character such as Mask. We're still reading the same old:" "This is my ultimate attack!" "Oh yeah!? This is MY ultimate attack!" "Oh Yeah!?" " Just because you dress is up slightly different doesn't mean it's suddenly fine to drag your series to a screeching halt whenever you're clearly suffering from writers block.

I guess you could argue that you're not supposed to take this poo poo seriously any more. But even then. There are series out there that do that sort of thing much better than Bleach at this point.

Mulderman
Mar 20, 2009

So Rukia has just been flying around the entire time? I mean she touched down the same time Renji did, and he had time to battle, and actually went to sleep.

Mulderman
Mar 20, 2009

Such a drat shame. This could have been a really cool Rukia moment. Showing how having dealt with the risk of death before during the SS arc, made her immune to his powers. But nope. That would be an interesting piece of character development. Let's just slap this convenient power up on her and call it a day.

Mulderman
Mar 20, 2009

Cao Ni Ma posted:

I can understand why he did this even though the other way would have been sort of cool. to have Rukia suddenly be capable of resisting a magic attack just because she's faced death before wouldn't really make thematic sense when just about everyone in the series has faced it before. The only way to fight bullshit magic is with even more bullshit magic

Those other guys were in the middle of a battle. Rukia is the only one who has been locked up, spending a lot of time coming to terms with the fact she's going to die.

Besides the "Oh I'm actually dead right now" thing isn't even a creative solution. Komamura did pretty much the same thing only a few chapters ago.

Mulderman
Mar 20, 2009

I get it now! Rukia's Bankai is summoning someone to save her rear end, whenever things go sour.

Mulderman
Mar 20, 2009

Either we're going to have Yachiru doing something awesome. Or the love duo is back in the picture.

Whatever the outcome, it'll be glorious!

Mulderman
Mar 20, 2009

So... Either this guy's power let his imagination be real. At which point he'll be scared shitless when he can't even begin to imagine what a complete insane bastard Kenpachi is.

Or EVERYONE'S imagination becomes real, which is the worst power ever.

Mulderman
Mar 20, 2009

In proper hands it'll be broken as gently caress yeah. Just have the dude imagine Kenpachi turning into Ted from the end of "I have no mouth and I must scream" Problem solved. Or suddenly have him crumble into dust. I mean if your power allows you to turn people's bones into loving COOKIES. Anything goes right?

Mulderman
Mar 20, 2009

And what about Yachiru's arm breaking without her even knowing about the cookie thing yet?
Just filling in gaps with conjecture doesn't explain it.

All we know at this point is that this dude can turn his fantasy into reality.

Mulderman
Mar 20, 2009

Rhygezenguro posted:

It's possible she just imagined that her arm would be broken by the attack. I feel like we haven't gotten an explanation about it when it happened so we won't be getting one ever.

Why would a batshit insane little girl, who fights purely on instinct "imagine" her arm would break after some pretty boy blocks her attack?

Why are people still so confused by this. Dude has the power to make his imagination real inside his little space. Which means he can pretty much do whatever the hell he wants. It's just a shame that he's a dumbass in a shounen fighting manga, so it'll never really live up to it's full potential.

Mulderman
Mar 20, 2009

Whelp. Time for Unohana.

Mulderman
Mar 20, 2009

I really don't like this development. Things just don't feel hopeless enough for Ichigo to make his big drat hero entrance. There's still plenty of captains capable of fighting.
The whole "OH NO! We NEED Kenpachi otherwise we're boned!" thing also just doesn't work. During the Gremmi fight things never looked too dire, and the way he was one shotted last chapter just made things worse. What was their plan? Send him against every single badguy, heal him, and repeat? And the badguys would just let him get away with this?

For the first time, I actually wish Kubo would stretch things out a bit more. Then again, this might be pressure put on him to put a freaking end to this series already. It is his final arc after all.

Mulderman
Mar 20, 2009

Whelp! Time for another 23 chapters of Deicide (2 electric boogaloo)

Mulderman
Mar 20, 2009

Did we really need to spend an entire chapter on showing how the main character is stronger than a bunch of mooks now?

Oh well... At the very least Panty there actually used a bow for once.

Mulderman
Mar 20, 2009

I think it's worth pointing out that he's been "fighting" with these mooks for like 4 weeks now. For a series that's supposedly on its last legs, Kubo sure is dragging this poo poo out.

Mulderman
Mar 20, 2009

Lumberjack Bonanza posted:

He really, really hasn't.

Hench the quotation marks.

Mulderman
Mar 20, 2009

Not your smartest idea 0 Squad. Sending Ichigo wrapped in the one thing the final boss needs straight at him.
Should have given him a fancy bow while they were at it.

Mulderman
Mar 20, 2009

This is what passes as a chapter these days?

Mulderman
Mar 20, 2009

That argument always bugs the hell out of me.
"It get's better if you read it all in 1 go"

We're reading a weekly manga here! It's supposed to be able to hold the reader's interest on a weekly basis.

Mulderman
Mar 20, 2009

Still though, should that be the focus?

Guys like Oda, with a few exceptions, always manage to make each week an interesting read. Kubo just has so many throwaway chapters lately. It's really starting to show.

Mulderman
Mar 20, 2009

Yeah... That was pretty great.

Mulderman
Mar 20, 2009

Pretty sure this was a case of the editors telling Kubo to get on with it already.

Mulderman
Mar 20, 2009

So he's basically using the Blast Sword from Slayers

Mulderman
Mar 20, 2009

That was so goddamn stupid. Just make the guy really REALLY weak against air or spirit particles or something.
This is just Gremmy 2.0 A completely BS overpowered ability, that gets beaten because the user is a loving idiot.
Sunglasses guy continues to be pretty awesome though. I kinda like how all the 0 Squad contribute a bit to this fight.

Mulderman
Mar 20, 2009

I'm having a really hard time determining what is a lethal blow at this point.

Mulderman
Mar 20, 2009

"A" The Asspull

Mulderman
Mar 20, 2009

Creativity. There are plenty of ways to reveal or explain a power without having the character describe what they are doing. Guys like Oda do this really well.

With some of the weirder powers you have to do it sometimes. But Kubo does it every single time. And It's always the one who explains it first that bites it.

It's as if he's unable to do cool stuff with it after he's done explaining it. There are so many really cool powers in Bleach that get benched because of his writing style.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mulderman
Mar 20, 2009

Aww man remember when last chapter monk dude did some pretty awesome stuff only for YWACH to shake it off by being bullshit?

Man there is such rapid progression in this story.

• Locked thread