Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

Prison Warden posted:

May as well do this for this thread too.

Top Posters of Thread 13

code:
Serious Frolicking 	623
tsob 			254
Nilbop 			231
Gyges 			211
Silver2195 		180
DrSunshine 		167
Kild 			160
RatHat 			154
VJeff 			140
Rainbow Pony Deluxe 	133
pixaal 			132
I barely break into the top 20 this time.
:toot:

140 posts of shameless Kubo apologism. :toot:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
Yeah, the pacing there left a lot to be desired. Maybe Kubo was under pressure to finish the arc quickly, but seeing Ichigo just stand there and whack Aizen with one big gently caress You attack (that didn't even kill him!) was kind of a let down.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

Scyantific posted:

Has this been explicitly confirmed exactly? All I know is that Isshin is from the Shiba clan, I don't remember them saying anything about being an immediate brother to Kaien.

Isshin is from the "branch" family of the Shiba clan, not the "main" family, whatever that means.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
http://www.mangapanda.com/bleach/531 It's up.

Hooray! Engetsu! :toot: But oh no! Aizen! :argh:

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

tsob posted:

Chad's fights have become so rushed you literally can't even see them anymore.

To be fair, Ryuuken and the rest of the Quincies almost certainly don't know about those guys.

I dunno about that. The Vandenreich DEFINITELY know about Ishida, considering Opie mentioned him (saying it was "impossible" that his arrows were stronger than Ishida's, which is :catstare: enough on its own), and the way Ishida was so dodgy about going to Hueco Mundo in the first place...

I mean I'm sure Ishida and Ryuken aren't evil, but I think they might know something here. if they didn't, and it was just like "here we have two good Quincy who have no idea about all these a-hole nazi quincy", those two would've shown up by now to be all "Who the gently caress are these guys!?"

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

MadHat posted:

From what we now know he most likely was referring to being the last Pure Quincy.

Especially considering that it now looks like Ishida isn't a pure Quincy, that'd make sense.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
:stare:

Ichigo's mom owns.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

:heysexy:

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

Lyrai posted:

How does Tousen know what color is?

Bear in mind, he called it the complete opposite of what it is. :v:

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

Syrant posted:

This is clearly an advanced technique Masaki is using, it comes right out of Zaraki's guide to hitting poo poo you can't see or keep up with.

Ichigo did the same thing against Grand Fisher. :allears:

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

Batmasterson posted:

but at some point you would think Aizen would get annoyed to a point where he just decides it wasn't working out and kill him.

He did.

He blew him up.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
Didn't Kubo mention in that interview that Rangiku's past would be elaborated on in this arc? With her being Isshin's former lieutenant, I'll be surprised if we don't find out what was going on with that, maybe straight from Aizen.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

Serious Frolicking posted:

Not much ever happens in these threads aside from speculation, pedantry, terrible jokes, and people wanking to their favorite characters, usually Kenpachi or Mayuri.

It could be worse, though. I'm sure that bleach threads on just about any other forums involve waifu debates.

Ichiruki vs Ichihime all loving day. It's horrible.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

Kild posted:

Some dude made a list of foreshadowed and easily missed things. I formatted it a bit better and added a couple comments.
:words:

Do I spot another purveyor of bleach.bugs3.com? :allears:

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
It's a site where I've seen a bunch of these theories and connections and stuff before. Guess it's just a coincidence, then. :v:

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
Yeah, I think that's just a recurring motif with the Quincies, I think Ishida's third bow came out of a badge that looked the same way too.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
I'm starting to think Ryuken's whole "I only give a poo poo about her 'cause Quincy futures and I am stoic" line was bullshit.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
What exactly would've stopped Aizen from just insta-loving Barragan with that level 90 kido he loves throwing around?

Seems like it hits a little too fast for Barragan to age it to death.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
Hitting Aizen at chest height would be roughly equivalent to sending it straight over Momo's head, so maybe she just whiffed and Aizen said some bullshit, just because.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

Serious Frolicking posted:

Wasn't Komamura's sole win against a fraccion? Dude is the biggest chump among the captains, though of course that still leaves him miles ahead of Chad, King of the Chumps.

Komamura is so cool, it bums me out that he exists just to get punked constantly. :smith:

Thoren posted:

And this arc, he has already been defeated off-panel once.

Not so much defeated off-panel as "shot in the back by a dude they all thought was dead." Even Urahara got owned by that one.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
Ichigo's parents are so drat cool, he better start acting cool after this arc.

So I wonder if Urahara was about to say "until she gives birth" or "until she dies" right here.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
So Urahara injected the Visoreds with Quincy arrows to stop them from undergoing Soul Suicide? I thought the implication was that he used his Hoagie to do that.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

SpazmasterX posted:

The Hougyoku wrote itself out of existence when Ichigo defeated it/Aizen.*

*This may not have actually happened and Kubo is a pretty bad writer.

I'd be okay with it if the reality of the situation was Kubo was like "whoa what the gently caress was I thinking this thing is dumb as hell" and never mentions the Hogyoku again.

vvvvv He's implying that it erased itself from existence entirely, past and future, after Ichigo beat Aizen. :v:

MJeff fucked around with this message at 01:10 on Apr 24, 2013

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
Bleach 536 @ mangapanda.

I think my favorite part of this one was Ryuken and Katagiri. :unsmith:

MJeff fucked around with this message at 08:46 on May 8, 2013

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

Kild posted:

Whats up with Isshin powering up or is that someones silhouette? So who killed Masaki? Soul Society or the Quincy or maybe Katagiri

I'm gonna guess a Quincy like YWACH so her soul is completely gone with no chance of resurrection.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

Fhqwhgads posted:

I thought that at first, too, but if that were the case, wouldn't Grand Fisher have mentioned something to that extent when they fought again?

Wasn't it a plot point that Grand Fisher's memory was kinda lovely?

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

Zogundar posted:

You know what I'd like to see to facilitate further exposition to fill in the blanks left in this flashback?

Most people are assuming sometime after this Ishida or maybe Ryuuken will teach Ichigo Quincy stuff, but how about this: Katagiri is alive and SHE trains Ichigo. :aaa: I mean, why introduce her now and then never mention her again, right? Right?

Yeah it'll never happen :smith:

Seems possible enough to me. I mean she was pretty obviously introduced so we could learn who Ishida's mom is, but hopefully she'll play some kind of role here.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
If Isshin is saying he regrets being able to protect Masaki from White, I think what he would mean was "I regret not being able to protect her from being attacked by the Hollow that almost caused her to commit Soul Suicide and forced her to give up on her life as a Quincy."

Which is a pretty reasonable thing to regret.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
I'm like 95% certain it's just constructs made of ash that take the form of people the Bankai's holder has killed, getting the image from the Bankai holder's memories. YWACH point-blank said to Yamamoto after he stole the Bankai, "shall I revive your own soldiers and have them attack you?"

The whole part where the ash zombies look like someone is probably just to psych the opponent out and it seemed to work pretty well on Loyd Royd!

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

Rigged Death Trap posted:

It's not literal zombification/resurrection.
It's like Aaroneiro's ability which remembers the faces and memories of things he eats/kills.

Yeah. Like I said, I think it's mostly a psychological thing.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
Ishida. Stop being a villain.

Stop.

Stop it, Ishida. :(

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
Yeah there's obviously sabotage afoot here, but we'll probably have to put up with an inordinately long time of Ishida pretending to be a bad guy and at least one Ichigo vs. Ishida fight (this might be the entire point!) before Ishida tries to shoot Juhabach in the back of the head as revenge for his mother, fails, and reunites with Ichigo for a chapter called THE UNITED FRONT [quincy brothers hate you mix] or whatever.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
Yeah, Mangastream makes it sound like he spent the time between regaining his reason and regaining his powers picking which Quincies to off, almost.

At any rate, I have a subscription to SJ, so in a week or so, I'll see if it corroborates.

Gyges posted:

Edit: And the Mangastream translation answers the question. Congratulations on specifically pissing on the last Quincy and his Omnipowered friend.

I imagine their widowers are pretty mad too!

Oh man, Ryuken calling himself "The last Quincy" is so much sadder now. :smith:

MJeff fucked around with this message at 13:08 on May 15, 2013

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

Wittgen posted:

I don't think they could do anything about it. If I'm remembering the Quincy invasion correctly, the Quincies just appeared out of nowhere and then disappeared back into nowhere. At least, from the Shinigami's point of view. The shinigami not knowing diddly about Quincy space is a viable answer.

I wonder if Aizen is still the main villain, and YWACH is just his latest and greatest pawn in his quest to become god.

It is possible that Isshin only knows from comparing notes with Urahara and Ryuken and the rest of the Shinigami don't know jack poo poo about Juhabach coming back.

On the other hand, Mayuri did rather pointedly say at the start of the arc to Yamamoto that "THIS IS BECAUSE YOU DIDN'T KILL THAT JAGOFF ALL THOSE YEARS AGO", almost definitely referring to Juhabach. It's hard to say how much Mayuri and Yamamoto knew about the situation though.

loving magnificent. :staredog:

By the way, it's worth noting, that Juhabach might be able to revive all the Quincies whose powers he jacked with Yamamoto's bankai. So. Y'know. Get ready to watch Ishida and Ichigo forced to fight ash zombie versions of their moms at some point!

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
The main reason her sword hasn't shown up is "Kubo wants to focus on hand-to-hand combat when Yoruichi shows up", obviously, probably with a backup reason of "when he does reveal her sword, he wants it to have a hell of a lot of meaning behind it.", same as Urahara's Bankai.

I mean, so what if she had used it against Aizen? It wouldn't changed that she got owned offscreen and didn't show up again for the rest of the arc. At least if she uses it in this arc, she'll probably get to beat the crap out of a Quincy. Maybe the one that jacked Soi-Fon's bankai. Yes, probably that. I'm betting on that.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

Akett posted:

I recall people in the last thread discussing that in the most recent databook it's explained that he found Starrk and Lillinette's hearts. Or something stupid to do with them. I guess the reason Kubo never mentioned it again is it became rather irrelevant when Starrk was killed.

A possibility that Kubo could BS his way into bringing back Lillynette and Starrk is never irrelevant. :colbert:

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

Rainbow Pony Deluxe posted:

So are the Nazis at least letting Haribel get weekends off? Hell, is that even a sanitary workplace for extracting quincy/hollow breeds?

Is that what they're doin' with her? I thought she was just chained up in Ywach's sex dungeon completely regular PG-13 dungeon as a big salty gently caress You to her and the Arrancar that might rebel.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
WOW THAT'S A LOT OF STUFF.

Ichigo: kinda lame in that he went back and dealt with the Asauchi INSTANTLY, but I guess the whole point of it was supposed to be Ichigo having a clear enough mind to be able to find Zangetsu, and last time he was ~plagued with doubt~ over what Ywach had told him or something? Whatever. I guess it's good that we're not wasting a lot of time with this. Apparently Zangetsu changed appearances again. I wonder if this is the first time Ichigo's seen Zangetsu since he did the Final Getsuga Tenshou.

Hitsugaya: :frogout: Also, shouldn't he still have a Shikai? I'd think working on that'd be a little more important than "starting over" with some basic kendo poo poo.

Kensei, Mashiro and Hisagi: Oh, I knew that fucker had Bankai. Also, Kensei is pretty baller but I question his logic of "they can steal our Bankais so we need more people to be using Bankai." I mean, I guess I get it - without Bankai, they can't lose, but he's kind of ignoring the problem that the more people that can use it, the more potential resources they're literally handing over to the enemy. Also, Mashiro continues to be great. SUPER VICE CAPTAIN. :allears:

Komamura: Oh man are we gonna get Komamura's backstory? I wanna see what made him decide to be a Dog Grim Reaper and what kinda awesome dog powers he gets to compensate for losing his Bankai. I bet that huge dog dude has a story too. This is awesome. :dukedog:

Kuroyama posted:

Who am I kidding, these are all gonna be resolved off-screen so we can focus on Ichigo again. :sigh:

I actually kind of doubt that! Kenpachi got his due, and this is the last arc and Kubo's last chance to get out everything he wants to do with these characters. I think he's gonna see all of these through.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

SpazmasterX posted:

Because then you're basically forced to try and become a Captain. Ikkaku kept his hidden because he enjoyed following Kenpachi.

In Hisagi's case, he's afraid of his own sword. I believe I recall him saying as much before he released it against that one Arrancar. I wouldn't call his feelings unjustified because Kazeshini is kind of a loving scary name.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
I believe it's Yamamoto who he owes a debt to - he owes him for taking him in. We'll probably find out the circumstances of that now. I imagine he did something to get kicked out of Dog God's cave, Yamamoto took him in, and he became a Shinigami to repay him.

• Locked thread