Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
TheHan
Oct 29, 2011

Grind, you poor fool!
Grind straight for the stars!

HerraS posted:

I was gonna say something about Quincies not having bankais but then I remembered this is Bleach so gently caress it

YWACH already has a sword as his main weapon.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheHan
Oct 29, 2011

Grind, you poor fool!
I specifically remember Uryuu punking Mayuri's bankai so hard it was split down the middle, I'm guessing when Mayuri modifies his bankai he gives it all the same abilities except this time it's a brighter shade of yellow, or the poison it spews is lavender.

TheHan
Oct 29, 2011

Grind, you poor fool!

tsob posted:

Sword spirits and by extension the abilities they grant their users are a reflection of a person's soul. Mayuri modified his spiritron body so much that he essentially modified his soul, allowing his sword spirit too to be modified. No-one else has modified themselves to even close to such an absurd degree, so no-one else has a bankai than can break the rules so thoroughly because their's are natural, while his is essentially built to spec by him rather than by arbitrary nature.

quote:

Mayuri modified his spiritron body so much that he essentially modified his soul

quote:

modified his soul

quote:

mod soul

The reveal nobody saw coming.

TheHan
Oct 29, 2011

Grind, you poor fool!

Caros posted:

No cats however. Cats go to double hell.

Why did Grimmjow and Komamura never fight.

TheHan
Oct 29, 2011

Grind, you poor fool!
So if Zangetsu is YWACH 1000 years ago is Tensa Zangetsu YWACH 2000 years ago as the teenage king of the Quincy?

TheHan
Oct 29, 2011

Grind, you poor fool!

lohli posted:

Wasn't that was supposed to be blut vein type stuff? Especially since they then mentioned stuff about the imprisoning ability not being meant to be used against quincies, or am I misremembering?

It was literally just blood pouring from a head wound, but everyone was so sure that this was a sign his hollow mask was forming.

TheHan
Oct 29, 2011

Grind, you poor fool!
A touching moment between ghost dad and ghost son. :unsmith:

I wonder if this means we'll see more of Shirosaki now that Zangetsu seems to have sodded off somewhere.

TheHan
Oct 29, 2011

Grind, you poor fool!

Batmasterson posted:

Ichigo is completely unique because of his origin. If White was created similar to the Auschi, and Ichigo is part White, then Ichigo is very similar to an Auschi. He's his own Zanpaktou and the equivalent of a Soul Society Redneck.

And then it turns out that the reason the Sternritter can't steal his bankai is because he lacks a delta spiritron.

TheHan
Oct 29, 2011

Grind, you poor fool!

Rainbow Pony Deluxe posted:

So any bets on the upcoming matchups? I'm thinking:

Ichigo v. Ishida
Kenpachi v. Ywach
Renji rematch v. Nodt
Captain Commander v. Hascwaltz (i.e. the real villain)

I'm thinking Ichigo will be facing against Ywach instead of Kenpachi, and if Hascwaltz is the real villain then Ichigo will probably be facing him too.

Nodt is dead, so that'll be a pretty close fight for Renji.

TheHan
Oct 29, 2011

Grind, you poor fool!
Thinking about it, now that Ichigo has a proper sword, can his bankai be stolen just like a regular Shinigami?

TheHan
Oct 29, 2011

Grind, you poor fool!

Zogundar posted:

From the Pre-Arc spoilers:
Eh, it said he was going recover before the arc started in the Repeat & Reboot notes. I guess it was just a case of the 500 year Flu.

Can't be sick when you're dead! :downs:

TheHan
Oct 29, 2011

Grind, you poor fool!

Kild posted:

Is it really winning if she committed suicide?

Considering she was in the process of being Chadded by loving Renji, suicide was the honorable way to go.

TheHan
Oct 29, 2011

Grind, you poor fool!
Didn't Ichigo leave before Renji and Rukia? How did they get there before a guy who has 'really fast' as one of his only powers?

TheHan
Oct 29, 2011

Grind, you poor fool!
What the hell are the Quincy doing wasting their time with anyone else when they can just all cheer on superstar Ric Flair and make him a juggernaut?

TheHan
Oct 29, 2011

Grind, you poor fool!
I think from a thematic standpoint it would've been more appropriate to have Rose use his bankai before killing the fan, then after Masc has crushed his own eardrums it renders his power useless since he can't hear his adoring fan.

drat does Renji look cool though.

TheHan
Oct 29, 2011

Grind, you poor fool!
So to put things in perspective: Renji steamrolled a guy that whooped two captains using bankai without even using shikai. He has truly become the UnRenji.

On another note, I just noticed Renji and Rukia have themed outfits. Cute.

TheHan
Oct 29, 2011

Grind, you poor fool!
Royd and Lloyd had their powers since they were kids, Ywawch is probably like Guru from Dragonball Z. He can unlock your full potential for you, it just depends on if you're a Gohan or a Krillan.

TheHan
Oct 29, 2011

Grind, you poor fool!
For a brief, awesome second I thought Masque was gonna close his stomach wound with pure muscle control.

TheHan
Oct 29, 2011

Grind, you poor fool!

Fhqwhgads posted:

I would laugh if they animated this and played Number One for him.

I hope they play it for Renji, but it's really off key and the singer's voice cracks all the time.

TheHan
Oct 29, 2011

Grind, you poor fool!
It'd be interesting if Rukia won not by hitting Äs Nodt with a bigger stick (so to speak), but just by bluffing until he shits his pants.
It'd be clever and something someone with ice powers would do.

Speaking of ice powers, whatever happened to Buzzbee?

TheHan
Oct 29, 2011

Grind, you poor fool!
This guy is so overpowered that the reason we're all so certain he's dead is that he's facing someone twice as overpowered. His letter might as well be I, for Ichigo.

TheHan fucked around with this message at 18:45 on Mar 12, 2014

TheHan
Oct 29, 2011

Grind, you poor fool!

slev posted:

I feel like there are going to need to be more bad guys introduced if Kubo wants most of the good guys to get a fight. Aren't there still like 15 known bankais that haven't even been shown? That isn't even counting how character like Ichigo, Rukia, and Kenpachi will most likely fight multiple times.

Maybe Kubo will do a Kubo thing and start having sternritter show up with umlaut letters. Or maybe he will just copy FKT and have Yhwach solo SS when all the sternritter die.

Bleach at this point has become a to-do list of superpowers, gotta get all the bankais shown and then wrap the show up. Multiple shinigami will probably have their bankais job against a single sternritter a la Rose. Renji and Rukia aren't getting poo poo because they're not really characters anymore but girl with ice powers and guy with monkey powers.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheHan
Oct 29, 2011

Grind, you poor fool!

slev posted:

There is no way that outfit lasts more than like 3 chapters

It looks too bulky to actually fight in, like one of the squad zero guys A Christmas Story'd him.

Man I hope the next chapter is Ichigo steamrolling the rest of the sternritter. My favorite parts of Bleach are when he lays the smackdown.

• Locked thread