Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

All ice cream is now for all beings, no matter how many legs.

Prison Warden posted:

May as well do this for this thread too.

Top Posters of Thread 13

code:
Serious Frolicking 	623
tsob 			254
Nilbop 			231
Gyges 			211
Silver2195 		180
DrSunshine 		167
Kild 			160
RatHat 			154
VJeff 			140
Rainbow Pony Deluxe 	133
pixaal 			132
I barely break into the top 20 this time.
:toot:

How the hell did I pull that off? I swear I don't post here much.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

Dr. Gitmo Moneyson posted:

I don't necessarily think they're unrelated. I just think we'll all get an explanation sooner rather than later, so any speculation on the matter is sort of pointless for the time being.

Pointless speculation? This entire thread is about speculation. Are you new here? We post the craziest theories we can come up with and sometimes they are right. I mean I think we once speculated what color Ichigo's socks were. (The correct answer is black)

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

And the other half if Ichigo and Ishida because the internet loves to ruin everything.

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

Zogundar posted:

Okay genealogy gives me a headache, someone tell me if I have this right or not please

Okay so assuming everything is exactly as it seems and Ichigo is a normal genetic offspring of his mother (Father doesn't even matter, though people who think Yh- Juha Bach are Ichigo's father are :rolleyes:), and assuming she is Ryuuken's first cousin, that makes Uryuu and Ichigo second cousins? Is that right?

By "My son" YWACH went it in a priestly fashion. I know the spoiler is calling these people incorrect but I want to make it clear they did not mean biological father. The catholic church has everyone call the priest my father and he called them "my son" that is exactly what is meant by that. YWACH is some religious leader that is crazy. I don't think Isshin would have raised Ichigo nor would YWACH allowed it if that was the case.

Its most likely interesting (and correct) translation choice people are taking it wrong, and I even mentioned a "priestly" "my son" when that chapter happened. The more that happens in Bleach the more I feel I was correct.

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

SerSpook posted:

Based on the whole keeping the blood pure thing, and that there likely aren't that many Quincy of sufficiently "pure" blood in the world (based on general unwillingness to risk them to even normal hollows) I don't find it that unlikely that Ryuuken and Masaki are cousins, making Ichigo and Uryuu more closely related.

At the same time, it really doesn't matter that much, beyond possible character development for Ishida. That's even if he's going to be relevant in this arc, which is likely but not certain. After all, the Fullbring arc was meant to be the Chad arc.

But chad was there! He had was training in a PSP then, um. Kubo forgot about him. I think I've seen him since but I honestly can't remember. Is chad still in that PSP?

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

Remember when a giant beam feel on top of Chad and he took it like it was nothing? He used to be so bad rear end.

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

Stairmaster posted:

See the difference is when did Yamcha ever try to give up his life for anything?

Face it Yamcha is worthless.

Well Yamcha was also always just in it for himself, he was a thief in Dragonball. The only reason he didn't get killed is Goku isn't that bright. Yamcha also eventually just kinda gave up trying to fight anything because he realized how outclassed he was. He never would have followed Goku and Bulma if he wasn't trying to steal the balls for himself.

I mean its completely in character that Yamcha would try and avoid a fight unless completely needed to save himself. Chad is as weak as Yamcha but feels he has to fight, I almost feel chad is Goku if Goku was a weakling. Trying too hard and not getting why he loses.

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

Always an option for a short side story, I'd read a well made one shot 2-5 chapter thing of bleach side stories. They would probably feel much better then the main story. Much like when Ichigo was missing from the story all together. Release one a year forever and Kubo is set for life.

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

So when do we find out bed Aizen is also the real Aizen?

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

Lumberjack Bonanza posted:

It's a safe assumption that everyone with bankai has spoken to their sword and had it manifest.

I wish they ran with that more in the manga.

Kubo could do a mini series were each week a different character from bleach meets their Sword and we get to see them learn Bankai for the first time. Would be a good way to show off any unseen bankai's at the end.

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

It actually had 100 times as many as it started with it now has 1 less after the spirit king punches it a single time.

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

Whenever Ichigo used his "Bankai" he tapped into his Hallow / Shingami powers more. So it would be a Hallow, Shingami, or an effect of his actual Bankai. Maybe we'll find out more in a day or two, but far more likely we wont figure that out for a few more months since this week we're probably going to go on a tangent and see someone else. Maybe we'll go see some new Kenpa... hahahah no someone else needs to be about to get something cool so they can all be revealed during their fights that are going to take 4 months each.

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

Autonomous Monster posted:

I may be alone in this, but I'm of the opinion that this is still the unreleased state, and we're going to see shikai later.

And it's going to be "Bite/Bark/Howl/Scream at the moon", calling it now. :colbert:

Kubo loves random English speaking bands, Bark at the Moon wouldn't surprise me at all if he's an Ozzy fan. I mean apparently the series is named Bleach because he liked how the album

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

Say Nothing posted:

So what is the official name for a Human-Shinigami-Hollow-Visored-Fullbringer-Quincy?
A Clusterfuck?

Apparently it's Ichigo.

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

CubanMissile posted:

I have no memory of this.

They showed up in soul society for a single panel (I think it was a pretty big one, but still single page) around the start of the arc, but not too early. You see they are dead, so now they are more powerful. I can't wait to see how powerful Ichigo gets when he dies. Wait I guess he already does "die" because he rips his soul out of his body to fight.

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

Pooptimus Prime posted:

Chad would still be offscreen somehow.

No Ishida has taken over of research and is experimenting on Chad to see how fullbringers work. He's about to start a genocide on them.

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

Advice posted:

Did we ever get an excuse for why the captains of SS sit around filling out paperwork or literally lounging around doing nothing while presumably tons of people in the real world are dying to hollow attacks? Surely a moderately powerful captain like Kyouraku or even Hitsugaya could be in charge of an entire region and take out these mook hollows with a single attack. Does nobody care?

They use limiters to prevent the captains and vice captains from completely destroying the mortal realm. This current arc probably 60% or more of the shinigami would require this. Basically they can only send worthless people down there or they create spiritually aware humans or some bullshit (basically what Ichigo did to the entire town). These people are flavorful and make hallows attack, basically Ichigo created the entire problem for himself even if Aizen "planned" it. If Ichigo's dad had been a good boy and stayed in Soul Society well actually gently caress the Quincy would have been murdered by Whitey and probably hosed poo poo up horribly.

Okay it's actually all Aizen's fault, but until like last month it was basically all Ichigo's fault.

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

I think Kubo taking the month off to plan things and declaring the final arc for realz this time guys I know I said that about the last one but I decided to split it up again sorry is more about him planning. I see Bleach being wrapped up in a year or two. Which I guess is "soon" when you see the "10 year" thing, but I'm pretty sure at that time it was before the full bringer arc. He planned for that to go on for another year or so.

I'm hoping during this one month he makes a story board goes okay what do I want to accomplish since this may very well be the best manga I ever make so I should try and go out on a high note despite the poorly received middle. Make a story board and makes a loving awesome ending equal or better then the soul society arc. I could see Bleach going down as one of the best manga of all time if they had the strong beginning and a strong ending. People can easily forget about a so-so middle because pacing is much less of an issue during a power read.

I'd very much love to see a complete "remaster" like Full Metal Alchemist: Brotherhood / DBZ Kai (which is kinda more just remove filler). I think a strong ending could see a remake of the anime from the beginning sans filler with better developed foreshadowing. Get Kubo on board to agree to new scenes that flesh out what he wanted and a directors to tell him to gently caress off about pointless poo poo and yeah we could have a fantastic anime.

Most likely though, like every time he's taken some time off, he's just gonna get high as gently caress and forget about bleach until the last few days remember he should start with astrong come up with a good plot point but realize he doesn't know how to get there. Write a few bullshit chapters and have a strong 3rd and 4th chapter, followed by more of the same.

Tite Kubo should be a monthly manga writer. I really think he'd write a good monthly.

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

Cipher Pol 9 posted:

So much hope. Nobody in manga/anime that I'm aware of has ever gone into a Hyperbolic Time Chamber without some kind of awesome moment or reward. Chad got nothing. :smith:

Have we seen him fight since? He could have some really awesome powers. I think Kubo had plans Chad went into there before he was basically told to wrap the arc up and that people hated it. So my guess (hope) is that his fight just got cut, possibly by accident. I kind of have a feeling it would be that time butler guy that Kenpachi said "loving boring" to because he had no fight at all. It was completely unexpected and different from what Kubo does (which is what makes it so awesome).

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

I always thought it was way too big and heavy to be a viable weapon. They made it look too heavy to use in serious combat without being a weight lifter. I'm also sure it will break if you actually tried its too long NOT to snap in half if you know how to break a sword with another sword.

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

Ramadu posted:

So, uh, is there some reason why there haven't been any new chapters published on mangapanda or any of the other sites since 546? It says 549 has been released but I don't see them anywhere to read. I just wanna read about dumb space Germans.

Your source lies, Kubo took a long vacation to collect his thoughts. The last chapter (546) should event mention it. kiss manga's translation on the last page mentions 5 weeks it came out 7/17. I think maybe next week we get a chapter, week after that maybe? I'm too lazy to actually count but nothing has come out.

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

Turn Back the Pendulum was all negative chapters.

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

Genocyber posted:

IIRC it's mentioned at some point that because the sword is forged from their soul, Soul reapers have no trouble swinging them, regardless of how unwieldy they'd actually be.

Wait they are made of their own soul? I thought we learned they are made of OTHER shinigami souls or something stupid now. Kubo loves reconning. I don't care about the world anymore I just want to see cool fights. "loving Boring" was like the peek everything, it should have been the last panel in the series it was that good.

I cared about the world during soul society, but it seems like Kubo had a plan and some fuzzy parts, but never filled in the fuzzy parts after he wrote them, and he's forgetting what he put in the fuzzy parts.

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

I'd love for the last one to just be a completely new character it would be so Kubo. Hell just make it Ichigo's mom, she didn't really die she ascended and is a super Quincy. She has magical powers and is in a super afterlife fighting off greater evils. Maybe the last part is a bit much but I would not put making her important and "alive" in the afterlife a thing. The Quincy have just been keeping her tied up in a rape power dampening dungeon.

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

The_Frag_Man posted:

Go robo-quincy! I'm glad you lasted more than 1 chapter, totally my favourite.
Also, an unexpected explanation for why those guys didn't get killed by Yama, nice!

Kubo probably forgot originally and asspulled. It did make sense I guess.

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

Wrist Watch posted:

Hold the loving phone.

Are you trying to tell me that after all this time, Renji has finally reached Aizen level?

No you see Renji is stronger but he's not Aizen level.

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

What Kenpachi needs is a magic bankai that lets him alter time to cause the current fight to last forever. To everyone else it looks like they are standing still, to Kenpachi and the other person they fight for all eternity. He gets what he wants, and his Bankai is magic. He is still upset about having a magic Bankai and bitches about it constantly. He has no way to turn it off. See no one can beat whoever he fights, so he just time locks them basically making them both unable to interact with the universe forever.

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

Robviously posted:

But that would mean we get less Kenpachi fights, so that's terrible. If it's gonna be a kido-based bankai, why can't it heal whatever it cuts so that they still feel the pain of it but end up just getting cut over and over and over. That seems :black101: enough for him.

Don't kid yourself Kenpachi is getting one more fight and that is it no matter what. Might as well have him go out with something interesting. At least if his Bankai is a forever fight time locking thing he could be the one to defeat the big bad instead of Ichigo.

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

Thoren posted:

Then the manga could have just followed Kenpachi on his journeys. He could have become the protagonist who fought off the Arrancar, Aizen, the Quincies, etc.

It would have made for a spectacular manga, with Yachiru, Ikkaku, and Yumichika as a supporting cast. Squad 11's adventures as a band of reckless shinigami thugs.

This would be the greatest spin off ever. Maybe have it start before Ichigo make it a prequel. It can end with his first defeat against Ichigo in SS, or maybe continue it past that and have it be whatever his last fight here is if its worth it and throw in him just completely stomping everything between arcs.

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

Kabanaw posted:

Plus I guess we don't really know what happens when a human is killed with a shinigami's sword, which purifies the soul or something like that from the first 20 chapters.

But Ichigo doesn't -have- a Shinigami soul to purify with he has a qui... wait how DID he do that to the like 3 souls he's purified if Zangetsu is bach. Or maybe it was anime filler the really early stuff is kind of a blur at this point between the manga and the anime.

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

Silver2195 posted:

Ichigo has Soul Reaper powers as the son of Isshin. He has Quincy powers from his mother as well, which were just keeping his Soul Reaper powers weaker. I think.

I thought Bach was pretending to be his Shinigami powers but his Shinigami powers were really his hallow powers because his hallow as his Sword Ghost and he never had a Ghost Sword just a Quincy Sword abomination pretending to be a Ghost Sword, which means he should put his old sword into a bow and shoot it. His new double bladed thing is his real Ghost Sword that would be able to purify souls.

When is the last time we saw Ichigo with his new swords? It's been like a year right?

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

Minus Green posted:

You know who else I'm interested in seeing return, in addition to Tatsuki? Mizuiro. He knows a lot more about the Shinigami than any average human (being able to identify Kyoraku by name and also his [former] division despite never seeing him before, among other things) so it kind of makes me wonder if he isn't also the child of a shinigami or something himself.

Pretty sure he said Ichigo told him.

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

Minus Green posted:

Well now I feel silly for forgetting that. :saddowns:

It was probably pretty easy to skim over, and it also happened years ago at this point. We all forget massive chunks of the story but together we remember every stupid detail.

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

Advice posted:

Yeah remember Yachiru was leading him around because she could feel where the invaders were and she kept getting him lost. If he can feel energy at all, he's terrible at it.

Which is why the pinnacle of the series was when Kenpachi showed up with three dead Sternritter on his sword and talked about how he killed them while they were busy explaining their powers.

Which just barely topped the previous peak of

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

Her Kenpachi wouldn't know any abilities she hasn't seen so of course he'll win. He'll have to show us at least shikai to win though unless his copy learns it as she now knows it. Then he'll have to pull out bankai and one shot the copy. If that happens it would be his last fight, but it would be entertaining and probably the best use of his power ups since there is no way he can beat the big bad since Ichigo is going to have to.

Or Ichigo is going to kill fake Kenpachi. Because as far as she is concerned Ichigo is the only person Kenpachi has ever lost to.

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

Maybe Kenpachi is bad at sensing because Yachiru has a stupidly high like that he can't sense anything else. Or he learned it during training and the reason he knows which one is her's is because she's always close to him so he knows what it feels like. Let's not get our hopes up about a Kenpachi vs Kenpachi fight even though it would be the best fight in the manga, nothing else could ever top it.

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

Rei_ posted:

Are they ever going to tell us why the gently caress it's called Bleach

Pretty sure Kubo said he just liked the way is sounded.

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

Well you see arrows can also point at things, they aren't just a weapon. I'm not sure how that helps any. This kid is shooting at parts of your brain with magic arrows that make you trip balls he's just a puppet master and Kenpachi is immune to his psychedelics.

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

Bacontotem posted:

Kenpachi doesn't actually move ever. His reiatsu pulls the rest of the universe towards him.

So like Planet Express.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

Oxxidation posted:

Kenpachi also left his eyepatch with Yachiru before going to his murder-off, so it's a bit of a mystery why he has it back.

Kubo has eyepatch amnesia remember? Hopefully someone points it out forcing Kubo to make it imagination Kenpachi even if it wasn't originally supposed to be. Someone that can type Japanese well should send him an email.

• Locked thread