Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Vicissitude
Jan 26, 2004

You ever do the chicken dance at a wake? That really bothers people.
I remember when I could look forward to making a post every week, usually between Sunday and Monday. Not anymore. :(

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vicissitude
Jan 26, 2004

Mangastream chapter is up.

Vicissitude
Jan 26, 2004

Pooptimus Prime posted:

I do sometimes wish we could get a version of Bleach that didn't even have the mortal players. That chain of fights guarding the pillars (Kira, Hisagi, Yumichika, Ikkaku) was one of the most enjoyable streak of chapters/episodes for me. I just really like the different zanpakuto concepts and the idea of getting to see more of that and Soul Society operations/life rather than endless asspull powerups for Ichigo would be far more appealing to me.

I loved the fact that Kira turns out to be a stone cold badass and Hisagi hates his zanpakutou. It's a lot of character development from characters who were, for the most part, pretty bland and boring characters. The fights themselves were definitely memorable (or scarring, in the case of Coolhourn :gonk: ).

Vicissitude
Jan 26, 2004

Omglosser posted:

That's really clever. Ha. I would've never thought about that. Did someone make that prediction at some point?

It was a fan name for the inner hollow. Kuro means black and shiro means white. So Kurosaki -> Shirosaki. Black and white.

Vicissitude
Jan 26, 2004

Watch this space for more Bleach release-related material.

That is all... for now.

EDIT: Anything Jerkface tells you is a lie.

Vicissitude fucked around with this message at 05:39 on Apr 5, 2013

Vicissitude
Jan 26, 2004

SpazmasterX posted:

When it was actually complete, it functioned almost exactly like his Bankai does. It provides a tremendous boost in his abilities, primarily speed.

Pretty much. Fullbringing, as I understand it, just uses an object of some sort to act as a focus for your power, whatever it may be. That whole arc seemed to imply that Ichigo was never a shinigami, he was just using fullbring to mimic the abilities of a shinigami. Shunpo, shikai, bankai, and later on, even the powers of a vaizard (though that could be the actual hollow reiatsu that infected his mom affecting him now that his powers are manifest). Before the Fullbring Arc, Ichigo was doing this unconsciously, using the substitute badge as his fullbring focus. Once his powers were 'lost' due to the final release thing, he had to learn how to do it consciously, which was much harder for him, being a meathead.

As for right now, it's hard to say if he actually has shinigami powers again. He was using Rukia's borrowed power until the Shattered Shaft training with Urahara, when he awoke his own powers. As was pointed out, the hilt of the zanpakutou he was using was basically Sode no Shirayuki, just bigger due to Ichigo's massive power backing it up. But at the end of the Fullbring Arc, she awakened his power again, supposedly, the same way she did the first time. But Rukia still has her power and Ichigo is back to using, more or less, his old gear. So maybe he's fullbringing his power again, but it's hard to say. Kubo's really inconsistent.

Vicissitude
Jan 26, 2004

Bobnumerotres posted:

Ichigo fights best when he fights like a god drat reckless animal. I wish Hichigo was just the main character sometimes. By sometimes I mean all the time.

I still think that the Hueco Mundo arc should have ended with Orihime's death and Ichigo basically throwing in the towel. She professes her love to him with her last breath and it just shocks him into giving up fighting. Shirosaki takes over, the body undergoes a partial hollow transformation and basically tears a ragged Garganta portal into the mortal world. There, Ichigo is more of a distant threat. Reports come in of hollows and human spirits attacked and partially devoured. Shinigami who are sent after him are either butchered, if they're no-name filler guys, or if they're someone like Renji or Byakuya they hold back because it's still Ichigo. Focus shifts back to the rest of the Karakura gang, training with Urahara and/or the vaizards to take down Aizen. Have Grimmjow show up to teach Chad how to use hollow-like powers, since the fullbringers don't exist, and to bitch about how he owes Ichigo a beating.

I'm running on the original assumption that Aizen wanted Orihime to reject the Hougoyku to its unsealed state, of course. She would attempt to reject it out of existence entirely, only to be stopped by Gin or Tousen when it's at the right state (since she'll be effectively rewinding its personal timeline). It would have made a better story than the stuff we got. Aizen kipnapped Orihime for no reason, apparently.

Vicissitude
Jan 26, 2004

Yeah, someone stuck his sword in Urahara's face while he was taking care of business in HM. Later, when Urahara contacted Ichigo and co in Soul Society, we saw a hint of who it was, but no face. The outfit pretty much gave it away, though. So Grimmjow is back and is now comic relief.

Vicissitude
Jan 26, 2004

Dickhead in name, dickhead in deed.

Vicissitude
Jan 26, 2004

Syrant posted:

I believe Vicissitude made that at my request a few years ago, credit where credit is due.

No, not that one. I made the Nnoitra one.

Dunno where Mayuri science came from.

Vicissitude
Jan 26, 2004

Cipher Pol 9 posted:

It was both a great moment since I got to use what I've learned, but also a bittersweet moment because nobody gives a drat that the next scene will feature Omaeda. :(

Hey, he was pretty cool in the Fake Karakura Town fights. :(

Vicissitude
Jan 26, 2004

I think that when it comes to Bleach, we can all agree:

It was always Wankershim.

Vicissitude
Jan 26, 2004

So what exactly happened to Soul Society, anyway? Did it get sucked into Hueco Mundo and replaced with Las Noches Aizengard? That's what it looked like.

Vicissitude
Jan 26, 2004

SerSpook posted:

The Seireitei or however it's spelled was replaced by the Quincy ice palace thing.

Oh, okay. I looked almost like a run-down Las Noches.

Vicissitude
Jan 26, 2004

At this point, you can't really help but try and rewrite the series in your head, can you? Well, what would you guys have done to change how Bleach ended up? I think I've gone on record with my idea that Orihime should've been killed and Ichigo is driven into a hollow-rage by the act. But what else could have changed? Let's make this a manga Elseworlds/What If?, drat it!

Vicissitude
Jan 26, 2004

Syrant posted:

Mayuri is loving FABULOUSSSSS.

Seriously, Nemu as well. That's amazing.

Since we're talking fashion, looks like Rangiku got a haircut. Hitsugaya still looks like a tool, though.

Vicissitude
Jan 26, 2004

Ugh, just caught up. Bleach Manga Thread 15: Thinly-veiled puberty metaphor?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vicissitude
Jan 26, 2004

Spiderdrake posted:

Tousen is unfortunately a joke character. His entire story arc is basically that Aizen had to recruit him because he's blind and immune to his shikai.

He's a captain, sure, but in the same breath as Komamura and the rest of the jobber tier. He turned into a bug.

I wish I hadn't lost my old bonus pages. I put in some quotes from The Fly and it fit almost too drat well.

• Locked thread