Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
alkanphel
Mar 24, 2004

Bleach is a manga series by Tite Kubo, the mangaka of Zombie Powder. It follows the life of Ichigo Kurosaki, a 15-year-old high school student with the ability to see ghosts, and a shinigami ("death god") named Rukia Kuchiki, who crosses paths with him one day while searching for a hollow (an evil spirit). During the ensuing confrontation with the spirit, she is wounded and forced to transfer virtually all of her powers into Ichigo. Thus the adventures of Ichigo and Rukia begin. Together they search for hollows and perform soul burials on wayward souls, cleansing the spirits and sending them to Soul Society. The early parts of the story focus mainly on the characters and their past, rather than the actual occupation of the shinigami. However, as events unfold, the story begins to delve deeper into the world of these shinigamis on the "other side" called Soul Society.

Useful Links
-MangaFox
-MangaReader
-MangaStream
-Mangahelpers
-Bleach Wikia

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

alkanphel
Mar 24, 2004

I guess this is how Aizen and Urahara also get tied up into knowing what was the secret behind Ichigo.

alkanphel
Mar 24, 2004

New Bleach: http://www.mangapanda.com/bleach/535

alkanphel
Mar 24, 2004

Woah.

alkanphel
Mar 24, 2004

I just gotta say, the thread title is soooo appropriate right now.

alkanphel
Mar 24, 2004

Comedy Jew posted:

We still have to see his shikai and bankai...so maybe there is hope for sword redesigns?

That is probably his shikai, so we'll get another nice bankai moment later on. I won't be surprised if his bankai is combining both swords together into another single weapon.

alkanphel
Mar 24, 2004

Gyges posted:

Man, that scarf/cloak has got to be a pain to draw with that detailed pattern. There's more detail in the part around his head than every background ever in Bleach combined.

It's CGI if I'm not wrong. They put it in at the end using a pattern layer.

alkanphel
Mar 24, 2004

Haha that entrance reminded me of when Ulquiorra and Yammi first landed in Karakura Town.

alkanphel
Mar 24, 2004

Darth TNT posted:

Also, if two people imagine one thing it's twice as big! I bet you didn't know you could quantify imagination.

If you imagine it to be, so it shall be.

alkanphel
Mar 24, 2004

Darth TNT posted:

Except that it is? He said his sword is always released like Ichigo's sword was. So wouldn't that make this his bankai?

Unlikely, from a writing perspective, gives Kubo another chance to hype the bankai up.

alkanphel
Mar 24, 2004

Actually now all i want to see is his bankai!

alkanphel
Mar 24, 2004

Wow that was a really really really long wait to see what Mayuri was experimenting on so long ago.

alkanphel
Mar 24, 2004

SyntheticPolygon posted:

Kubo killed the pacing when he created 26 alphabet men for the villain team, because that is simply way too much enemies to have the plot progress at a decent pace.

What I hated was just how overpowered and random they were for no reason, especially Gremmy's one.

alkanphel
Mar 24, 2004

Voted Worst Mom posted:

It's called zombie powder and it'll be finished and be good like veritas.

I really want him to pick up Zombie Powder again.

alkanphel
Mar 24, 2004

New chapter is out: http://www.mangapanda.com/bleach/630

alkanphel
Mar 24, 2004

Bleach 636: http://www.mangapanda.com/bleach/636

Mayuri is the best.

alkanphel
Mar 24, 2004

This whole battle really brought back shades of Zombie Powder.

alkanphel
Mar 24, 2004

Oh noes http://www.mangapanda.com/bleach/641

alkanphel
Mar 24, 2004

I liked that tie-in between Menu and Mayuri's bankai.

alkanphel
Mar 24, 2004

A new chapter is up: http://www.mangapanda.com/bleach/643

alkanphel
Mar 24, 2004

Stairmaster posted:

the soul king is a quincy

Considering how Juha said father to the Soul King, the Soul King is probably the originator of both Quincies and Shinigami somehow.

alkanphel
Mar 24, 2004

I wonder if this is the fight that makes him finally bust out his bankai.

alkanphel
Mar 24, 2004

I Love Annie May posted:

Wait, ghosts can have children now?! Since when? I thought spirits couldn't have babies because they're, well, spirits, and so they adopted other souls into their family, like Rukia and Renji. Only now we discover that they can have babies?

The spirits native to Soul Society can have spirit kids, if I'm not wrong.

alkanphel
Mar 24, 2004

Doresh posted:

In short: Since he already got his final sword upgrade ages ago, Kubo had to introduce more and more weird stuff to his backstory in order to justify further power-ups. If Ichigo were a Dungeons & Dragons character, you wouldn't be able to find a character sheet whose race and class entries had enough space to fit his absurd munchkin build.

Although there would still have been a lot of plot threads hanging, the defeat of Aizen and Ichigo losing all his powers to accomplish it would have really been the best place to end Bleach.

alkanphel
Mar 24, 2004

chumbler posted:

Who's to say that isn't how it will end? Ichigo even has more powers to lose now.

Well it might end like that again but we would have had to sit through the nonsense of everything that's happening so far.

alkanphel
Mar 24, 2004

Won't be a surprise if this is just a setup for Hitsugaya to get trounced yet again and then Zaraki comes back with yet another form to defeat the big guy.

alkanphel
Mar 24, 2004

Maybe lvl 2 of Kenpachi's bankai forcibly regenerates/repairs his arm or some crap like that. RIght now he's unconscious so probably the next "level" would be when he's consciously using the bankai.

alkanphel
Mar 24, 2004

Everyone posting in this thread must like Bleach, otherwise they wouldn't be reading or even posting in it.

alkanphel
Mar 24, 2004

ZepiaEltnamOberon posted:

3 days after Bleach ends, Shounen Jump announces its return.

The only return I want is Zombie Powder.

alkanphel
Mar 24, 2004

I think my reaction was, "what is Grimjaw doing on the cover?"

Or Aizen in a suit.

alkanphel
Mar 24, 2004

I legit remember nothing about Zombie Powder except that the main character had like, a saw for a sword?

That's a sign you should read it again.

alkanphel
Mar 24, 2004

I would think maybe one or two more longer wrap-up chapters maybe, besides the expected 5.

alkanphel
Mar 24, 2004

RatHat posted:

Isn't that just the order the series are in? It's only a rough estimate of a series' popularity.

The order is the popularity ranking.

alkanphel
Mar 24, 2004

Just get the mod to rename this thread to Bleach Manga Thread: THE END
It's gonna be an accurate thread title for the next few chapters anyway.

alkanphel
Mar 24, 2004

slev posted:

Bleach is ending at 685 according to the jump table of contents.

Wow wrapping it up in 2 chapters? I wonder if they will be extra long chapters.

alkanphel
Mar 24, 2004

Serious Frolicking posted:

we should close this thread as soon as the last chapter comes out, but make a new thread for the bleach postmortem.

That can be arranged. I'll let someone else create the new post-mortem thread...

alkanphel
Mar 24, 2004

The_Frag_Man posted:

If we move to a new thread please post a link in this thread before closing it.

Someone would have to create it the moment the chapter comes out then.

alkanphel
Mar 24, 2004

RatHat posted:

We get chapters a week in advance so there are 2 chapters left.

The chapters remaining keep multiplying!

alkanphel
Mar 24, 2004

And the mangas actually end.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

alkanphel
Mar 24, 2004

I actually really liked the most of the Ultimate series because they felt fairly self-contained.

• Locked thread