Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Lamebot
Sep 8, 2005

ロボ顔菌~♡
well he's spirit german so the w is actually a v so the "ba" makes more sense in that context

it's much more amusing to imagine yamamoto just make a confused coughing/gagging sound in an attempt to say his name.

Lamebot fucked around with this message at 10:12 on Mar 25, 2013

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lamebot
Sep 8, 2005

ロボ顔菌~♡

pseudonordic posted:

Did you not see page 19 when she makes the equivalent of a reiatsu snub-nose revolver in her right hand and blasts Whitey in the face?

Kill Whitey

Lamebot
Sep 8, 2005

ロボ顔菌~♡

Bacontotem posted:

Everyone is going to have Egg on thier face when it turns out Aizen has been tricking everyone into thinking he's Bach since the prison visit.

he really misses his couch

Lamebot
Sep 8, 2005

ロボ顔菌~♡
aizens gotta be free now

Lamebot
Sep 8, 2005

ロボ顔菌~♡
just sped thru yu yu hakusho and my word bleach certainly is inspired. it's like a retake, but with feudal japan instead of ogre secretaries.

i enjoy both for all their Badass moments. the pacing issue doesnt come up in yyh so thats a plus for it but kubo can really put out some really good pages too when he feels up to it.

Lamebot
Sep 8, 2005

ロボ顔菌~♡
i know from first glance its already obvious but its so blatant when youve gone through both series.

Lamebot
Sep 8, 2005

ロボ顔菌~♡

KittyEmpress posted:

Hunter x Hunter is legitimately the best shounen manga out currently.

But yeah, I've never thought of it, but Bleach and YYH are very similar.

theres even a rogue agent arc in both

Lamebot
Sep 8, 2005

ロボ顔菌~♡
well now that we're talking about the bount filler arc: the anime for yyh and bleach were directed by the same guy, noriyuki abe

Lamebot fucked around with this message at 05:07 on Jul 27, 2013

Lamebot
Sep 8, 2005

ロボ顔菌~♡
so has ichigo been corporeal as a shinigami since the fullbring arc?

Lamebot
Sep 8, 2005

ロボ顔菌~♡
huh, i just shouted 'asspull' at my monitor.

Lamebot
Sep 8, 2005

ロボ顔菌~♡
he's a were-man

Lamebot
Sep 8, 2005

ロボ顔菌~♡
where's ryuuken in all this

Lamebot
Sep 8, 2005

ロボ顔菌~♡
just floor eye guy 2 from the get go please.

Lamebot
Sep 8, 2005

ロボ顔菌~♡
this was a real long time coming. glad he didnt have byakuya do the cleanup

Lamebot fucked around with this message at 17:44 on Feb 19, 2014

Lamebot
Sep 8, 2005

ロボ顔菌~♡
I'm just guessing instead of ice her power is to control an area(aura?) of extreme cold. bankai brings it out of her body.

Lamebot
Sep 8, 2005

ロボ顔菌~♡

Shoren posted:

It's kind of like Iceman, she has the ability to drain thermal energy which just seems like she has ice powers due to the presence of water vapor. At least that's how I'm seeing things. Her bankai looks like it's a flash freeze ability, so anything caught in it's radius freezes, even her, which is fine because she's "dead" already, right? Wonder how Byakuya survived it then because if she could selectively freeze things then she wouldn't have frozen herself.

i'm also thinking the sword dances were just rituals to control a power she didn't fully grasp. her use of shikai seems completely different but then again it's consistent with the bankai.

Lamebot
Sep 8, 2005

ロボ顔菌~♡

Spiderdrake posted:

I think it's real simply because the whole imaginary angle is just too sweet. :(

We're only gonna know until Imaginary Kenpachi mortally wounds the kid and he fizzles out right after.

Lamebot
Sep 8, 2005

ロボ顔菌~♡

Caros posted:

If rose and kensai are dead but no one gives a gently caress, were they ever alive at all?

They're ghost swordsmen, of course they're dead.

Lamebot
Sep 8, 2005

ロボ顔菌~♡
his bankai is opening his face and peeling off his skin. he really hates it.

Lamebot
Sep 8, 2005

ロボ顔菌~♡
yeah thats cool and all you guys, but i think i've cracked the real mystery of the series

after some hard thinking i think ive figured out how to say 'YWACH'
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9Uy5UGNCGp0&t=12s

Lamebot
Sep 8, 2005

ロボ顔菌~♡

slev posted:

Who ever said the Sternritter are only ordered by the Latin alphabet?

i can't wait until we get to ghost nazi ß, for scheiße. wait no

Lamebot
Sep 8, 2005

ロボ顔菌~♡

Darth TNT posted:

Yumichika, 69 ichigo and Ikkaku haven't shown their bankai to the sternritter yet. And in the case of Ikaku we need to see how breaking his bankai made it stronger somehow. :shrug:

he's gonna intentionally have it stolen

Lamebot
Sep 8, 2005

ロボ顔菌~♡

Kin posted:

Chances are they are the rear end pull and because their powers are sourced from neither Quincy or Hollow (Orihima is some kind of magic god person no? and Chad is a full on fullbringer) they'll play some pivotal role in being the "true powers of humanity" or some poo poo.

In fact, i bet there'll be some super spiritron absorbing thing that Ywach uses, it absorbs all quincy, shinigami and hollow powers, all but wipes out squad zero and the god of souls or whatever, but because Orihime and Char are human with weird powers derived from some other things them they'll still be around and will deal the final blows against Ywach.

But who am i kidding. Orihime and Chad are going to chump some quincies and then try to appeal to whatshisface to not be a dick. Whatshisface will reveal "master plan" which will involve self sacrifice but temporarily weaken/allow an opening on Ywach. Ichigo will then merge every power into one and kill Ywach and the soul king (who will have now merged into one being because that was Ywach's true plan: to be the master of both Quincies and Shinigamis).

Then by killing them the whole deathgod/quincy powers are eradicated, ghosts just become ghosts and live in ghost land without swords, hollows are just bad people and live in hollow land and everything works out fine because of mcguffin.

Oh, and we never find out what happened to grimmjaw, or who's foot that was in HM a few years ago.

oh god when was the science espada fight

Lamebot
Sep 8, 2005

ロボ顔菌~♡
i'm surprised kubo would give matsumoto the axe, she's one of his favorite characters

Lamebot
Sep 8, 2005

ロボ顔菌~♡
With a mouth like that she probably could chew some mean dip.

Lamebot
Sep 8, 2005

ロボ顔菌~♡

Lumberjack Bonanza posted:

This is New Bleach, where people live from diagonal slashes but also die at will. Chaos reigns.

Well it's a plot point YWAAAAACH gets his powers enhanced through minion death.

Lamebot
Sep 8, 2005

ロボ顔菌~♡
She's got blood on her mouth. Guess she had to eat muscles girl.

Lamebot
Sep 8, 2005

ロボ顔菌~♡

Tonfa posted:

Shaz was Sternritter ß.

Sheiße

Lamebot
Sep 8, 2005

ロボ顔菌~♡
Not really caring about all this poo poo until Aizen jumps up through the hole in heaven Ichigo made.

Lamebot
Sep 8, 2005

ロボ顔菌~♡
Well, he has yet to show his checkov's gun of a bankai. That's why I feel he's still in it.

Lamebot
Sep 8, 2005

ロボ顔菌~♡

gently caress trophy 2k14 posted:

Aizen was using his bankai the whole time. That's why it's complete hypnosis.

You know what the shinigami use to send messages? Butterflies.

Lamebot
Sep 8, 2005

ロボ顔菌~♡
I'm sure it was also implied that he could absorb the powers of shinigami through the battles his quincy/sternritter fought.

Lamebot
Sep 8, 2005

ロボ顔菌~♡

Rynder posted:

I can only assume that while this is happening the real world has become a hellscape where regular old hollows are eating everyone.

It annoys me that there is no mortal peril in this drat series. Nothing of consequence to the actual life Ichigo leads (except maybe the aizen key thing and bookmark dude.) The only thing that matters is afterlife pre-modern japan

Lamebot fucked around with this message at 00:14 on Nov 30, 2014

Lamebot
Sep 8, 2005

ロボ顔菌~♡
i'd go for a pre seireitei movie to see the band of marauders that found it. these guys are crazy

Lamebot fucked around with this message at 00:40 on Dec 12, 2014

Lamebot
Sep 8, 2005

ロボ顔菌~♡
reminder that aizen survived losing his torso and monk will too.

Lamebot
Sep 8, 2005

ロボ顔菌~♡

KingPave posted:

So can I ask, when does Bleach finally finish?

When you drink it.

Lamebot
Sep 8, 2005

ロボ顔菌~♡
Realized when Ywach got his crazy eyes that the SK's eyes are the same and he doesnt have some asymptotical white iris. Makes sense.

Lamebot
Sep 8, 2005

ロボ顔菌~♡

hiddenriverninja posted:

Karin should tell Urahara to force access to her zanpakuto.

There's laws against that, even in Japan, you depraved sicko.

Lamebot
Sep 8, 2005

ロボ顔菌~♡

hagie posted:

No, no it wasn't. He is a horrible character.

Thank you, this needs to be said.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lamebot
Sep 8, 2005

ロボ顔菌~♡
I'm disappointed that we don't get to see Ganju in this arc running around avoiding being stomped on like an ant by ghost nazis with godlike powers.

• Locked thread