Search Amazon.com:
Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us $3,400 per month for bandwidth bills alone, and since we don't believe in shoving popup ads to our registered users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
TychoCelchuuu
Jan 2, 2012

This space for Rent.

Official Website | Official Forums | Steam Greenlight | twitter | IndieDB | Facebook

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bM_Ev7Ks8_o

What is Doorkickers?
Doorkickers is a pausable real time tactics game where you control a SWAT team. So far it looks like the SWAT team mostly does stuff like rescuing hostages, breaching doorways, defusing bombs, and so on. It is unknown whether the game will also include such things as baking cakes and watching TV. It's unlikely. It's probably just a game about shooting people.

Basically, with the left mouse button you drag out paths for your officers, and with the right mouse button you access the options menu, which lets you do stuff like throw flashbangs or stick a camera under a door to take a look.

Anything Else?
The game will have a mission editor and built in online mission sharing. Multiplayer is not currently in but they hope to maybe add it in some day. Enemy locations will be partially randomized which adds to the replayability of missions. Mulitple story buildings are in the game!

When is it Coming Out? What Platforms?
The target platform is Windows PCs in late 2013, although their engine also supports Mac OSX and Linux if they want to port it, and their goal is eventually to bring the game to tablets and smartphones too. They are also doing a preorder thing right now which is sort of crowdfunding for them too, because, being Romanian, they cannot do Kickstarter.

Links

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TychoCelchuuu
Jan 2, 2012

This space for Rent.

Also I hosed up the title, if some mod wants to end it with a ")" after "Tactics" that would be awesome.

tehsid
Dec 24, 2007

Nobility is sadly overrated.

I picked up the early bird alpha thing (7.99usd, only 500 available) for this and I'm about to give it a try. It looks neat. Will report back.

tehsid fucked around with this message at Mar 22, 2013 around 14:55

Kenshin
Jan 10, 2007

As have I. This looks pretty fun.

Sir_Seth
May 25, 2012

They couldn't think of a better name than 'Door Kickers'?

unpurposed
Apr 22, 2008

Sir_Seth posted:

They couldn't think of a better name than 'Door Kickers'?

That would imply that Door Kickers is not already the best possible title.

Mr. Pumroy
May 20, 2001

how i wonder what you are

"Dude Shooters"

Zaodai
May 23, 2009

Death before dishonor?
Your terms are accepted.

Mr. Pumroy posted:

"Dude Shooters"

Flashbang Gang, to get all those impulse buys from dyslexic perverts.

dongsweep
Nov 27, 2004

~ P * R * I * D * E ~

Make sure you guys vote this poo poo up on steam greenlight. Definitely deserves some love, not enough SWAT-2 type games out there.

KICK BAMA KICK
Mar 2, 2009

Hurry-up no-huddle posting

Do the goal times make sense? I'm spending 3+ minutes on missions where the 3-star time is like 25 seconds.

KICK BAMA KICK
Mar 2, 2009

Alpha 2 has been released, check your email for download link.

New features include:

quote:

Action Waypoints: Go here and do that has never been easier.
Go Codes: can now synchronize your team using “Hold for Go Code” waypoint actions
Door breaching: Some doors are locked - blow them up or use manual breaching
Trooper status: ammo/inventory/injuries are now displayed on each trooper's tooltip
RollCall trooper names: bought the game with the Roll Call tier or above? Your name is now in the game! Just wait until the campaign will be in the game...
Limited inventory of flashbangs/breaching charges, you'll have to think more strategically from now on.
New maps and improvements to existing ones - play them all again!
New Mission Type - Stop Execution: each second is critical as you race to get the bad guy before he pulls the trigger!
New voices/sounds with more variations
Many smaller improvements and fixes

TychoCelchuuu
Jan 2, 2012

This space for Rent.

New trailer too:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mjQY4vp7ubk

TychoCelchuuu
Jan 2, 2012

This space for Rent.

A demo is now out to coincide with the third alpha patch!

KICK BAMA KICK
Mar 2, 2009

Alpha 4 out, with a video explaining the new features. They also said they're hanging around #1 on Greenlight and expect to make it in the next batch.

KICK BAMA KICK
Mar 2, 2009

Steam keys going out! I did have to restart Steam to get it to show up in my list and install.

KICK BAMA KICK
Mar 2, 2009

Reviving the thread to note the release of Alpha 6, with shotguns, a stealth trooper and the first public mission editor.

punakone
Apr 30, 2009

Bought this game a couple of days back and it is really fun. It is a little repetitive in the end but gets me the tacticool takedown fix, with Takedown: Red Sabre being what it is.

Im having high hopes for this game. It is immensely satisfying when you get a nice fast flow for a mission and take out all the bad guys in one well executed clearing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KICK BAMA KICK
Mar 2, 2009

Alpha 8:

quote:

Features:
- Shield trooper class
- Snipers (off map asset available in select missions)
- Windows
- Troopers gain XP and advance in rank (though nothing to do with that, yet!)
- Better enemy AI + pathfinding
- Added "open replays folder" option + replays file name
- Improvements on trooper control