Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Zeluth
May 12, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Slip through the fingertips, because it never happened to you!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SRM
Jul 10, 2009

~*FeElIn' AweS0mE*~
Did anyone else go to their End of the Road show tonight? It was loving stellar and I was getting tossed around like 20 feet from the stage.

MIDWIFE CRISIS
Nov 5, 2008

Ta gueule, laisse-moi finir.
How long will they be out? I saw them at the beginning of August, is it still the same tour?

E. Actually looking at the setlist from the show I went to, it didn't really contain any of my favorites. I still remember it as a really good show
http://www.setlist.fm/setlist/queens-of-the-stone-age/2014/slottsskogen-gothenburg-sweden-23ce883f.html

MIDWIFE CRISIS fucked around with this message at 11:36 on Nov 1, 2014

SRM
Jul 10, 2009

~*FeElIn' AweS0mE*~
Yeah, it was the same tour. I saw them in Boston and Providence and it was part of the ...Like Clockwork tour. The setlist was different every night, here was last night's:
http://www.setlist.fm/setlist/queens-of-the-stone-age/2014/the-forum-inglewood-ca-6bcc26f2.html
Nick Oliveri was with them for the encore so they played a bunch of Rated R stuff.

tut
Nov 4, 2004

Josh said a few times last night that it was the last time they'd play for a couple of years. Great show, btw.

incoherent
Apr 24, 2004

SRM posted:

Did anyone else go to their End of the Road show tonight? It was loving stellar and I was getting tossed around like 20 feet from the stage.

It was loving fantastic, better than their last gig at the gibson and coachella.

grieving for Gandalf
Apr 22, 2008

tut posted:

Josh said a few times last night that it was the last time they'd play for a couple of years. Great show, btw.

Is it time to start looking at Them Crooked Vultures again, I wonder?

Bobby Digital
Sep 4, 2009

setafd posted:

I'm down for that. That album is still in regular rotation for me.

Jeff Wiiver
Jul 13, 2007
My bet would be more TCV but I wouldn't count out another Eagles of Death Metal or Desert Sessions album either.

tut
Nov 4, 2004

I thought I read a few different interviews where he said they had material ready to go for a new album. Stuff that didn't quite fit the direction of LC but was recorded at the same time.

Hedrigall
Mar 27, 2008

by vyelkin

tut posted:

I thought I read a few different interviews where he said they had material ready to go for a new album. Stuff that didn't quite fit the direction of LC but was recorded at the same time.

I would love an official b-sides CD with that material, Fun Machine, Era Vulgaris, etc :swoon:

incoherent
Apr 24, 2004

tut posted:

It just means "We'll be at festivals with large offers" in between the next album/tours.

SRM
Jul 10, 2009

~*FeElIn' AweS0mE*~

Jeff Wiiver posted:

My bet would be more TCV but I wouldn't count out another Eagles of Death Metal or Desert Sessions album either.
I read an interview last week that said they were already recording more Eagles of Death Metal. Does Josh tour with them too or just record?

They also said "first annual" for the Halloween show, so maybe they'll do it again next year, who knows.

Die Sexmonster!
Nov 30, 2005

setafd posted:

Please? They're easily my favorite musical act of the last decade and a half.

grieving for Gandalf
Apr 22, 2008

I thought I saw Eagles of Death Metal playing shows, maybe after they're gonna do recording. But I'm ready for some TCV.

Cheesus
Oct 17, 2002

Let us retract the foreskin of ignorance and apply the wirebrush of enlightenment.
Yam Slacker
While I love TCV, the latest Foo Fighters album is dropping now. I can't see Dave available for recording in the next 6-12 months.

I suspect Josh is playing "Dad" for the next year to let Brody continue to tour her album. I'd strongly suspect new QOTSA and EODM studio time during the next year and will continue to irrationally hope that not only a new Desert Session drops but the DS box set he's been bringing up for several years.

sout
Apr 24, 2014

I saw Josh's solo gig in London in June (which also had Troy and Mark Lanegan as guests) and he played a new song called 'Villains of Circumstance,' very curious to see if it appears on any album.

ICHIBAHN
Feb 21, 2007

by Cyrano4747
I would like to resurrect this thread to talk about KYUSS, QOTSA and Desert Sessions if I may

sout
Apr 24, 2014

ICHIBAHN posted:

I would like to resurrect this thread to talk about KYUSS, QOTSA and Desert Sessions if I may

I'll admit to only having listened to most of Kyuss and DS' stuff once. It's interesting going back and seeing where some Queens songs originated, like the original Millionaire and a part of one song that sounds a lot like the intro to Everybody Knows That You're Insane

SRM
Jul 10, 2009

~*FeElIn' AweS0mE*~
Desert Sessions 9&10 is regularly in my rotation, as is Blues for the Red Sun. It's totally worth going back and listening to.

Bobby Digital
Sep 4, 2009
Welcome to Sky Valley still owns.

Boywhiz88
Sep 11, 2005

floating 26" off da ground. BURR!
What about Eagles of Death Metal? Do they count? I think they're supposed to have something new this year.

sout
Apr 24, 2014

Good call, I listened to all of that a couple times too. I don't recall a lot of it strongly except for Miss Sanders because it's such an odd song

IUG
Jul 14, 2007

Is there any legal way to obtain the Desert Sessions besides ebay? I want to own them, but they're not even on Amazon as a mp3 download.

sout
Apr 24, 2014

IUG posted:

Is there any legal way to obtain the Desert Sessions besides ebay? I want to own them, but they're not even on Amazon as a mp3 download.

iTunes has 9/10 only which is really weird.

SRM
Jul 10, 2009

~*FeElIn' AweS0mE*~

Boywhiz88 posted:

What about Eagles of Death Metal? Do they count? I think they're supposed to have something new this year.
The announced a tour and the only US date was in a tiny club in Hollywood, but I'm hoping they'll come back and hit the East Coast. I'm really looking forward to something new from them.

Crackerman
Jun 23, 2005

I have an immensely hard time picking whether I like Blues for the Red Sun, Sky Valley or And the Circus Leaves Town more.

Boywhiz88
Sep 11, 2005

floating 26" off da ground. BURR!

sout posted:

Good call, I listened to all of that a couple times too. I don't recall a lot of it strongly except for Miss Sanders because it's such an odd song

I love all three of their albums but Speaking in Tongues is probably my favorite song. It's ridiculous how versatile and good Josh is on diff instruments.

Sir Lemming
Jan 27, 2009

It's a piece of JUNK!

sout posted:

iTunes has 9/10 only which is really weird.

I think that's the only one that had any sort of marketing push, at least by Desert Sessions standards. It was the closest thing to more QOTSA after SFTD so it got a lot of attention. I remember the music videos, late night show appearances, and a few songs popping up in unexpected places in the media.

But of the older ones, I think only 7 & 8 are on anything close to a major label.

ICHIBAHN
Feb 21, 2007

by Cyrano4747

Boywhiz88 posted:

Yup.

I'm going through everything Homme related. Kyuss, I had always liked but gently caress sake, after a concentrated listen, they own. Fantastic band. Desert Sessions, hit and miss, though I've only listened to the first two compilations.

Seen the boys last summer in Barcelona. Phenomenal stuff. Really superb in the warm Spanish climate. Hope they play there again this year.

ICHIBAHN
Feb 21, 2007

by Cyrano4747

Crackerman posted:

I have an immensely hard time picking whether I like Blues for the Red Sun, Sky Valley or And the Circus Leaves Town more.

No love for Wrench? Son of a Bitch is superb.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Crackerman
Jun 23, 2005

I don’t hate Wretch but I skip more tracks on that one than any of the others (which is usually none).

• Locked thread