Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Bulging Nipples
Jan 16, 2006
This album is going to be insane. I don't think I've ever been as excited for an album as I am this one. Era Vulgaris has become one of my favorite albums of all time and to see where they progress after that is so, so exciting

And I'm absolutely head over heels in love with their new single and can't wait for a studio version as well

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bulging Nipples
Jan 16, 2006
Noticed the Q sperm logo on the skulls forehead right away

Bulging Nipples
Jan 16, 2006

HairyNipple! posted:

They've got a bunch of tour dates up now. No Australia yet, but I believe.

http://qotsa.com/live/

Probably not in Oz til summer there I'd imagine. Hopefully I'll still be around here for it

Bulging Nipples
Jan 16, 2006
I've listened to this album a ton of times now, and besides really obvious standouts like I Appear Missing, My God is the Sun, and Kalopsia this album has really grown on me a ton. It took getting really, really messed up one night to click with I Sat By the Ocean and I adore it since then but my opinion of the rest of the songs have just grown really naturally. The only song I don't really absolutely love is If I Had a Tail, which is weird because I love Them Crooked Vultures and it feels in line with that record.

If I still had to pick a favorite album I'd be the odd duck that picked Era Vulgaris, but at the moment I feel like I Appear Missing is the best thing Josh Homme has ever done.

Bulging Nipples
Jan 16, 2006
Queens was a fuckin religious experience, and I was extremely impressed with NIN coming from a non-fan. They know how to put on a fuckin show. Was really disappointed they didn't do something like Kalopsia as a joint-encore though. Like why have a collaboration like that and tour together but not play that song? Ah well, was an excellent gig either way.

Bulging Nipples
Jan 16, 2006

baka kaba posted:

Never realised Smooth Sailing was a Rated R outtake

Wait, seriously? It sounds so influenced by his time with Them Crooked Vultures. Guess he always had it in him

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bulging Nipples
Jan 16, 2006

Hedrigall posted:

.....it's not.

I've been bamboozled. Seemed plausible it could have been an old demo/b side he dug back up from the desert session days, same way he sat on Make It Witchu for years before putting it on EV.

• Locked thread