Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Doodmons
Jan 17, 2009

Arashiofordo3 posted:

So then if I took 'Jury-Rig', I would also get the 'Gadget Belt' move as well as that is where the charge mechanic comes from? Wow, two for the price of one. I like it. Though if I'm completely getting that wrong someone feel free to correct me.

There's a note at the bottom of the Artificer that specifically says you get Gadget Belt with 1 Gadget if you take Field Test, so I would say that no, you don't get Gadget Belt as well if you take Jury Rig and since you have no Charge to give you can never take that option unless you later take Field Test or Gadget Belt.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Supreme Court
Feb 25, 2010

Pirate World: Nearly done!

Doodmons posted:

Considering that's from Pirate World, an advanced move that changes the trigger to "When you call the dead from the cold earth or cold ocean" could be cool and flavourful.

That's... really good! I'm trying to keep the Backgrounds independent of a pirate-y setting as it's more of an addon, but I'll have to change that before it goes to print. Thanks!

MANIFEST DESTINY
Apr 24, 2009

I went ahead and built my own Necromancer class over the weekend. Gave it a variety of variations on animating corpses and skeletons, buffing the minions, and an alternative path where they can use life draining/demonic magic where there is either a self-healing mechanism on the lower damage ones or a self-wounding mechanism attached to the powerful spells. Gave them a sub-theme of being able to survive Last Breath reliably, the idea being they can scale up their most powerful spells to the point where it kills them, in the knowledge that they have a pretty good chance of coming back from the dead. I'll post the whole write up if anyone wants but here are a few of spells and advanced moves I put in that aren't just the obvious raising dead ones:

Advanced Move - CHIMERIC NECROLOGY
Requires: Reassembling Skeletons
Your undead minions may replace or add the limbs of any corpse to their own bodies.

Advanced Move - OUT OF BODY EXPERIENCE
You may induce your spirit to leave your body, at which point it can freely move through walls and observe through the haze of undeath all around you. The GM will describe what snippets you are able to glean from the world of the living. You may be detected by those with attunement to the spirit world, and can communicate clearly with them if so desired. When you return to your body, you have forgotten all your prepared spells.

COMMAND EXTREMITY - Level 5 Ongoing
For as long as the spell is ongoing, you take control of one limb of a creature living or dead and command it to do your will. You cannot cast another spell while this is ongoing.

DUST TO DUST - Level 5
An object of non-living but organic material (bone, wood, leather etc) crumbles into dust.

DEMONIC TUTOR - Level 7
When you cast Demonic Tutor, you immediately forget the spell, and replace it with any known spell in your Necronomicon that you have not prepared or had previously forgotten, as long as it does not exceed your maximum spell level allowance. The demon extracts a toll of 1D4 damage, ignoring armor.

BIND TO HORCRUX - Level 9 Ongoing
Choose a target object small enough that you can lift it. As long as this object remains intact, any time you would roll for Last Breath, a roll of 6 or less becomes 7. You may only be bound to one Horcrux at a time. If the object is destroyed, immediately take 1D8 damage.

RSIxidor
Jun 19, 2012

Folks who can't handle a self-reference paradox are real suckers.

MANIFEST DESTINY posted:

I went ahead and built my own Necromancer class over the weekend. Gave it a variety of variations on animating corpses and skeletons, buffing the minions, and an alternative path where they can use life draining/demonic magic where there is either a self-healing mechanism on the lower damage ones or a self-wounding mechanism attached to the powerful spells. Gave them a sub-theme of being able to survive Last Breath reliably, the idea being they can scale up their most powerful spells to the point where it kills them, in the knowledge that they have a pretty good chance of coming back from the dead. I'll post the whole write up if anyone wants but here are a few of spells and advanced moves I put in that aren't just the obvious raising dead ones:

Advanced Move - CHIMERIC NECROLOGY
Requires: Reassembling Skeletons
Your undead minions may replace or add the limbs of any corpse to their own bodies.

Advanced Move - OUT OF BODY EXPERIENCE
You may induce your spirit to leave your body, at which point it can freely move through walls and observe through the haze of undeath all around you. The GM will describe what snippets you are able to glean from the world of the living. You may be detected by those with attunement to the spirit world, and can communicate clearly with them if so desired. When you return to your body, you have forgotten all your prepared spells.

COMMAND EXTREMITY - Level 5 Ongoing
For as long as the spell is ongoing, you take control of one limb of a creature living or dead and command it to do your will. You cannot cast another spell while this is ongoing.

DUST TO DUST - Level 5
An object of non-living but organic material (bone, wood, leather etc) crumbles into dust.

DEMONIC TUTOR - Level 7
When you cast Demonic Tutor, you immediately forget the spell, and replace it with any known spell in your Necronomicon that you have not prepared or had previously forgotten, as long as it does not exceed your maximum spell level allowance. The demon extracts a toll of 1D4 damage, ignoring armor.

Choose a target object small enough that you can lift it. As long as this object remains intact, any time you would roll for Last Breath, a roll of 6 or less becomes 7. You may only be bound to one Horcrux at a time. If the object is destroyed, immediately take 1D8 damage.

These are neat ideas and your posts should come with a seizure warning.

Strontosaurus
Sep 11, 2001

MANIFEST DESTINY posted:

I have lore that suggests otherwise.

MANIFEST DESTINY
Apr 24, 2009

Strontosaurus posted:

I have lore that suggests otherwise.

Lol, and thinking about it, the restriction doesn't even need to be there. Let them bind themselves to as many things as they want because a 7-9 on that kind of spell HAS to be fun.

Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

It's called a Phylactery, get it right nerd goyim

MANIFEST DESTINY
Apr 24, 2009

That's how I had it written originally, but I didn't think anyone knew the term, now I'm thinking I should change it back.

Some other spells and moves I'm toying with:

CURSE OF SHARED FATE - Level 9 Ongoing
Choose two targets. As long as they both remain in your presence, any damage to one will be duplicated onto the other as closely as possible.

SPIRITS OF THE DAMNED - Level 7
Restless spirits rise through the floor and attack any number of targets, dealing 2D8 damage to each and 1D6 damage to you for each target beyond the first, this damage ignores armor.

CORPSE EXPLOSION - Level 3
Choose a recently deceased corpse (includes those animated as your minions). That corpse explodes in a violent fireball, doing 2D4 damage which ignores armor to everything nearby.

ENDLESS RANKS OF THE DEAD - Advanced Move
When the Raise Dead or Raise Skeleton spell is ongoing, ignore the first two instances of -1 to cast spells caused by it.

GRAVE PACT
When you have time with a willing, helpless, or unaware subject you can mark them with a dark rune. When they die, they are immediately resurrected as a zombie under your service with all conditions of Raise Dead applying.

Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

2d8 damage ignores armor on any target you can see (or theoretically just have knowledge of) instantly with no rolls required seems a bit... up there. At most you're taking 6 damage which is like, nothing compared to a 70% chance to instantly nuke most creatures.

slydingdoor
Oct 26, 2010

Are you in or are you out?
It's just a better Harm with the same drawback.

MANIFEST DESTINY
Apr 24, 2009

Yeah I don't have a good sense for damage dice balance yet, being new to the game. I'm looking for an ability that can be a complete bomb at the risk of killing yourself in the process. My design for the necromancer has it as the lowest base HP of all the basic classes, so I was thinking D6 per target would be sufficiently threatening but I'm probably way off. Should probably replace "beyond the first" with just "for each target"

edit: and maybe get rid of the ignores armor?

Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

I'd probably drop the Ignores Armor bit, yeah.

The thing to keep in mind about damage is that most enemies will not have a lot of health. The ones that do have a ton of health aren't really designed to be used as anything but Big Time Target that you only fight alone or with small amounts of really weak friends, so doing huge amounts of damage might need a bigger drawback than potentially 1 HP loss.

A good rule-of-thumb that I use is, when doing multiple of die (like 3d4 or 2d6), use your playbook's base damage die. That way you can keep some kind of internal consistancy in regards to the amount of hurt your playbook can do in sheer, raw damage, and also it lets you know when you're going too far, because 4d4 is just a silly thing to roll, really.

What I would do is lower the damage you cause to maybe a 1d8 or a 2d4 (or whatever, depending on what your class' damage die is), add in an immobilization element (the restless spirits grasp and claw at your target), take away the hit-point penalty and require a roll, where a 10+ would allow you to split the effect of the move (which includes the immobilization and some damage) amongst targets by dividing up the damage you've dealt.

So, lets say you rolled a 10+ and you ended up doing 5 damage. You could put 3 on this guy, 1 on this guy, and 1 on that guy, then you do your armor calculations, and whether or not took damage (the downside is that they can completely resist it due to armor, the upside is:) they're held in place by the spirits.

Now, instead of another damage spike nuke, you've got a multi-use, fiction-reliant utility spell that can still put the hurtin' on a single target when you need it to do so.

Hugoon Chavez
Nov 4, 2011

THUNDERDOME LOSER

Babe Magnet posted:

What I would do is lower the damage you cause to maybe a 1d8 or a 2d4 (or whatever, depending on what your class' damage die is), add in an immobilization element (the restless spirits grasp and claw at your target), take away the hit-point penalty and require a roll, where a 10+ would allow you to split the effect of the move (which includes the immobilization and some damage) amongst targets by dividing up the damage you've dealt.

These are spells, though, not moves, right?

Rolling "cast a spell" only to roll the spell seems a bit clunky.

I'd tone down the damage, remove ignore armor and add a note that says the targets panics pretty hardcore. Lots of fun stuff you can do in the fiction with that.

Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

Oh I figured they were moves. I don't make much use of spellbooks, too D&D-ey for me, so I'm not used to seeing them.

Ignore the part about rolling the move if you're already doing that, then.

MANIFEST DESTINY
Apr 24, 2009

Some of what I was posting were moves, but that one and a few others were spells yeah. Still good advice on the damage though, I know the effects I want but have no idea what is balanced in terms of the raw damage yet so thanks.

sentrygun
Dec 29, 2009

i say~
hey start:nya-sh
I think the big thing is that it's just a plain old nuke in Dungeon World. A few of those spells look potentially really neat and then you've got a few 'deal damage' spells when that's usually the most boring thing you can possibly do in Dungeon World. The most interesting thing about that spell is if you gently caress up casting it on a 6- and have to go to fiction, otherwise you're just hitting a bunch of dudes and yourself really hard.

Rolling fat damage is still fun to have happen in Dungeon World, but flinging out damage isn't what makes the game interesting and unique. Things like Dust to Dust and Command Extremity have the potential to get real weird and fun and I'd suggest aiming for more stuff like that.

RSIxidor
Jun 19, 2012

An idea that stuck in my head for a Necromancy move, 6-10 advanced.

RAISE BATTLEFIELD
When you strain your abilities to raise the dead of a battle, roll+stat. On a 10+, all of the corpses are under your control. On a 7-9, choose 1.
- You are drained by the force it requires to control the undead. You suffer a debility to your magic stat that last as long as these undead are active.
- Only half of the undead are under your control.
- Your mind is ravaged by the memories once held by the spirits you have raised. Take 2d4 damage, ignoring armor.

Or something like that.

MANIFEST DESTINY
Apr 24, 2009

RSIxidor posted:

An idea that stuck in my head for a Necromancy move, 6-10 advanced.

RAISE BATTLEFIELD
When you strain your abilities to raise the dead of a battle, roll+stat. On a 10+, all of the corpses are under your control. On a 7-9, choose 1.
- You are drained by the force it requires to control the undead. You suffer a debility to your magic stat that last as long as these undead are active.
- Only half of the undead are under your control.
- Your mind is ravaged by the memories once held by the spirits you have raised. Take 2d4 damage, ignoring armor.

Or something like that.

Yeah definitely I was working on something like that for a level 9 spell, maybe it would work better as a move as you have it there, what I came up with so far was:

TRIUMPH OF THE GRAVELORD - Level 9
Upon successful cast, all deceased creatures in the vicinity, whether uninterred, buried, or under the control of another, will immediately rise and attack a target of your choice until they either successfully deal damage or are destroyed. Any minions successfully dealing damage to that target immediately crumble to dust.

so basically everything dead goes for a one-time suicide attack on whatever you like, and I figured that 6- or 7-9 results would mean some of them attack you or your own party instead.

MANIFEST DESTINY
Apr 24, 2009

Here's another Necromancer move I came up with, I'm thinking of making this a starting move, might need some tweaks though:

BAG O’ SKULLS
When you take the skull of a hated enemy as a token and place a rune of Soul’s Binding upon it, roll D4, the skull becomes an enchanted item with 1 weight and the following property:
•On a 1, the skull’s eyes glow intensely and it attempts to place a curse on you, then crumbles to dust
•On a 2, the skull becomes a store of dark power that may be shattered at any time for a +1 to your next WIS roll. In the meantime, it will frequently and loudly demand that you release its spirit and generally annoy you
•On a 3, the skull becomes a lucky talisman, the next time you would take damage that you didn’t see coming, the skull shatters and absorbs 1 of that damage. In the meantime, it will occasionally insult you
•On a 4, the skull becomes a powerful ward, the next time an enemy of the same species and alignment attacks you, the skull shatters and all damage is negated

Awkward Davies
Sep 3, 2009
Grimey Drawer
I'm running my first DW game tonight, and I was thinking of sticking my PCs into a Helms Deep type city, with zombies coming up from underground, and a besieging army at their gates (with apologies to The Escape dungeon starter made by Sage and Adam).

Having just read the Expanse series, I'd really love to incorporate some of the same behaviors from the aliens in the series.

I'm going to spoiler the main idea, just in case you don't want to have a main plot point from the Expanse ruined for you:

I'd like the zombies to exist as a semi sentient hive mind that infects living beings, breaks them down into their component parts, and then recreates them into zombies, abominations, etc.

I'd like to incorporate a special move for this, but having never led a DW session, I'm not sure how. Does anyone have any recs for zombie specific things to look at?

RSIxidor
Jun 19, 2012

Awkward Davies posted:

I'm running my first DW game tonight, and I was thinking of sticking my PCs into a Helms Deep type city, with zombies coming up from underground, and a besieging army at their gates (with apologies to The Escape dungeon starter made by Sage and Adam).

Having just read the Expanse series, I'd really love to incorporate some of the same behaviors from the aliens in the series.

I'm going to spoiler the main idea, just in case you don't want to have a main plot point from the Expanse ruined for you:

I'd like the zombies to exist as a semi sentient hive mind that infects living beings, breaks them down into their component parts, and then recreates them into zombies, abominations, etc.

I'd like to incorporate a special move for this, but having never led a DW session, I'm not sure how. Does anyone have any recs for zombie specific things to look at?

The Hive from this year's Destiny sound somewhat similar but also different.

Putting your player's into a position where they witness this happening seems like a really good idea. I could even imagine the horde ignoring the PCs as they finish their task if what they create is something really useful or powerful.

FromTheShire
Feb 19, 2005

Panzers on Russian soil, Thunder in the east.
One million men at war,
The Soviet wrath unleashed
Does anyone know of a DW arena or prison camp 'starter'? A friend is taking a turn GMing tonight and is looking to do some arena combat as an easier intro. I have a few things like the Slave Pits of Drazhu that have bits he can crib from for inspiration, but anything else anyone can think of would be great. Even non-DW sources would be ok for providing ideas for opponents etc. if one of those springs to mind.

100 HOGS AGREE
Oct 13, 2007
Grimey Drawer
I ran a game where the players started the session chained up in an ape fight arena, in the middle of ape city. They had to fight an opposing team of ape fighters.

Ape fights.

Error 404
Jul 17, 2009

MAGE CURES PLOT

Ape Fight!

Holy poo poo how is Ape World not a thing yet?

RSIxidor
Jun 19, 2012

Error 404 posted:

Ape Fight!

Holy poo poo how is Ape World not a thing yet?

It can even have super-heroes!

Vanor: Lost Treasures of the Empire and Vanor: The Unhallowed Cult.

I saw these two products go up on DTRPG earlier, but I'm sad that they are in Hebrew. I don't even know if it's good material.

gnome7
Oct 21, 2010

Who's this Little
Spaghetti?? ??
For people who like that sort of thing, my spookiest playbooks are on sale for Halloween.

Handgun Phonics
Jan 7, 2012
On the topic of halloween and spooky stuff, I'm trying to write up a Halloween one-shot for my group, with the players all as "spooky" characters. So far, we have a Survivor who has been reduced to a bare skeleton propelled by grit and bloody-mindedness.

I'm also chronically bad at designing dungeons, though, and making a good Halloween dungeon seems like the most important part- anyone have good suggestions for how to do one?

The Supreme Court
Feb 25, 2010

Pirate World: Nearly done!
Let them make it up! Just have a basic Halloween theme, e.g. Mad doctor's lair. Opening question: who has she stitched together in a crazy experiment, and why are they (in) famous?

I love the idea of the playbooks :)

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!
Don't you think you should put more thought into your battleplan?!

You could always do it like the classic D&D module "The Sinister Secret of Saltmarsh", where the premise is the haunted mansion of a now-vanished evil alchemist. The mansion isn't actually haunted (besides some skeleton servitors of the alchemist guarding his secret lab), its just being used by a band of smugglers who are using the stories (and accentuating them via their illusionist) as a cover to keep Meddling Kids and Their Dog Too away.

Basically, what I'm saying is Scooby-Doo Dungeon. :v:

RSIxidor
Jun 19, 2012

I know some of you don't like tremulus, but they had that one-shot starter. Primrose Path.

So, here's a quick bit of conversioning.

A lord has invited you to his keep for a feast. When you arrive, you find that you and your party are the only guests at the feast.
The lord has only one companion in the keep- a groundskeeper who is extremely distrustful of everyone, including his lord.
The lord brings you into feast and announces that he will be dead by sunrise and that the keep has deemed one of the party will be the next host to the spirit of the keep.

Dangers include the groundskeeper (who wants the keep and the power of its spirit for himself), shadow creatures which prowl the keep at night, a maze which players will inevitably find themselves entrapped in (the sort of maze that distorts reality, think Forgotten Woods / D&D Maze spell), and of course the spirit of the house which tests the players while trying to determine who will be the next host.

Generic Octopus
Mar 27, 2010
Got bored in class last week and started on a Dragon class for y'all to PEACH. Kinda want to use it now when I rotate out of being my group's gm. Sorta derivative of this so credit where it's due.

RSIxidor
Jun 19, 2012

Generic Octopus posted:

Got bored in class last week and started on a Dragon class for y'all to PEACH. Kinda want to use it now when I rotate out of being my group's gm. Sorta derivative of this so credit where it's due.

It would be good to clearly state that the player is a different size than normal. Then again, you could be playing a Wyrmling which wouldn't be too large. I'd give the option in the starting moves. Something like "pick your size." Wolf-sized, cart-size, as-big-as-a-house-size. Etc.

Generic Octopus
Mar 27, 2010
Could probably put that in the Look actually. Will write that down at some point.

RSIxidor
Jun 19, 2012

So, that Class Warfare book has me excited about one thing. It appears to be the easiest way to recreate a 4th Edition Paladin I played. He worshipped Kossuth (Primordial of Fire). I think I can even remain inside of one archetype (or maybe two) to do it.

After actually reading the released book, I really don't hate it.

Also, Blue Mage is an awesome idea. Was there a full-fledged playbook built around spell-thieving?

RSIxidor
Jun 19, 2012

Regarding the Dragon.

Clarify in Breath Weapon that +Str is for Mighty and +Cha is for Cunning. It's easy to see that as intended, but the plain English doesn't say it. Might also want to state what's possible in Mortal Guise. Aerial Ace seems like a no-go unless you have wings in the guise that are substantial enough to fly with. Aura of Majesty I don't think should work, but maybe I'm wrong. Breath Weapon doesn't seem so difficult to be able to use in this form. You might also just leave it up to the GM in a game.

alarumklok
Jun 30, 2012

I'm going to be using these guys in my next adventure, and I realized they'd make a pretty good random encounter so you guys can have them. If you can't figure out how to use a troupe of musical bears I don't know what to tell you.

Ursa Organized, Group, Large
Claws (d8+3 damage), 10hp, 1 armor
Reach, Close
Ursa are primitive tribal bear creatures with an unusual affinity for music. They look almost identical to normal bears except for a predilection for bipedal movement. Not particularly intelligent, most Ursa really only do four things: eat, hibernate, protect territory, and dance. A crew of coordinated, dancing bears is a most frightening sight. Instinct: to dance in their territory
• Dance the night away
• Strike out without stopping
• Gather dance partners

Ursa Musician Organized, Group, Large
Instrument (w[2d8]+1 damage), 10hp, 1 armor
Reach
In order to dance, you need music. A smaller subset of the tribe takes on the role of musicians, using scavenged items (they're not smart enough to make their own) as instruments. An assortment of pots, pans, out of tune human instruments, fencing, and other oddities accompany each musician, who plays their makeshift music with surprising skill. Instinct: to play music for the tribe
• Play their instrument
• Solo jam/play a wicked riff
• Get angry at an interruption

Ursa Conductor Organized, Group, Large, Magical
Soundwave (d8+1 damage), 10hp, 1 armor
Near
The smartest Ursa in the tribe takes on the role of a conductor, organizing the musical movements of the tribe with baton in hand. This particular Ursa is using a stolen telescope for its conducting. Whereas the rest of the tribe are little more than bears with unnatural coordination, the conductor taps into the magic of music, acting as a stand-in for a tribal shaman. The tribe's overall mood is affected by the music the conductor chooses to lead; very slow, downbeat music is the precursor to the tribe's biannual hibernation. Instinct: to lead tribal music
• Direct the music at a target
• Change the tempo
• Call more Ursa to play

Impermanent
Apr 1, 2010
You badly need an Ursa drum major.

Generic Octopus
Mar 27, 2010

RSIxidor posted:

Clarify in Breath Weapon that +Str is for Mighty and +Cha is for Cunning. It's easy to see that as intended, but the plain English doesn't say it.

Added a clearer version of that last sentence, will look at it again later.

RSIxidor posted:

Might also want to state what's possible in Mortal Guise...You might also just leave it up to the GM in a game.

That's kinda what I was going for, just let the fiction dictate what makes sense for when moves trigger. No wings/ability to fly? Probably no Aerial Ace...but if you do have wings large enough for it in your guise, well, that sets you up for being easily noticed which can be its own problem. Or maybe you're an Asian dragon that flies around with no wings in the first place (didn't think about that to be honest). Breath Weapon? Why not, describe how. Aura? Maybe, how does yours work? Is it a mental, magical thing or is your dragon shape so overpowering/imposing that it causes awe/fear?

Thanks for the feedback!

GEExCEE
Sep 19, 2012

Hey all, sorry if this is treading tired waters, but I don't really want to read 100 pages of posts and the GM advice thread is buried under pages and pages of threads about Butt Commander or whatever.

I'm running a PBP dungeon world game, and I would appreciate some advice. First - is there an official "these are the rules you should be using" document online? I've seen a few different things running around and there are sometimes minor differences between them.

I have online spreadsheet-type character sheets for every character but the druid. I couldn't find a template for him. Is there anything out there, or do I have to make my own?

How have you best dealt with end-of-session moves? Does the session just end when I feel like it's appropriate or is there are recommended number of encounters, failed rolls, etc. that should go between the end-of-session xpfests?

In battles, characters seem to overwhelm their opposition more quickly than in live play - everyone posts their moves between my posts, and I feel like the result is fewer actions for the baddies. Am I doing this wrong? Anyone have any suggestions on how to do turn order? Should I specifically call out a player at the end of my posts for action?

I appreciate your any and all of your responses to my ignorant question. Especially after I insulted Butt Commander.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

Yo lemme see if I can break this down for you.

GEExCEE posted:

I'm running a PBP dungeon world game,

My condolences

GEExCEE posted:

and I would appreciate some advice. First - is there an official "these are the rules you should be using" document online? I've seen a few different things running around and there are sometimes minor differences between them.

If you're talking about stuff like house rules and FAQs and the like, nah, the only thing that's official is the base rule book. Certain people handle certain things in certain ways, like multi-attacks or traps or whatever, but that is completely up to you how that goes down. There is no real official remark on some things that may seem a little vague, but that's by design, to give you a little more freedom to cater the game closer to how you and your players want it.

GEExCEE posted:

I have online spreadsheet-type character sheets for every character but the druid. I couldn't find a template for him. Is there anything out there, or do I have to make my own?

I can't find anything on the druid either. A few dead links to blank sheets and a bunch of D&D stuff. I'll look around today and post in the thread if I find anything.

GEExCEE posted:

How have you best dealt with end-of-session moves? Does the session just end when I feel like it's appropriate or is there are recommended number of encounters, failed rolls, etc. that should go between the end-of-session xpfests?

The session ends when everyone feels like it's appropriate. There are no encounter numbers to keep track of, no mob kills, no concrete marks or timers. When you feel like you've accomplished enough, or when you feel like you've hit a good stopping point, that's when a session ends. If you have to stop, and you don't feel like you're in a good place, or you don't feel like the group's accomplished anything, you don't have to give out XP, or at least the full round. I usually hold off on Bonds and Alignments until big moments like the ends of adventures, or if a character dies, or they radically alter the world in some way, or if a Bond or Alignment has been a big focus at some point in this session.

GEExCEE posted:

In battles, characters seem to overwhelm their opposition more quickly than in live play - everyone posts their moves between my posts, and I feel like the result is fewer actions for the baddies. Am I doing this wrong? Anyone have any suggestions on how to do turn order? Should I specifically call out a player at the end of my posts for action?

Again, my condolences for PbP Dungeon World. This is something you're going to have to try and develop you're own system for in the long run. You're not doing anything wrong, really, it's just a tough system to play asymmetrically like that. There's no right or wrong way to go about it, but what I feel is intended to happen is everyone reacting to each other on the fly. Turn orders kill combat in *World games, because they're built off of fiction first, and you stifle fiction when you put it in these rigid barriers of "who goes next, nuh uh it was my turn, you have to wait". The result is most definitely fewer actions for baddies, and since most bad guys don't survive on mountains of HP and resistances like in, say, D&D, they absolutely have to have their owns moments to shine and stretch their legs in the fiction in between getting pummeled by players.

Your best bet would probably be to call out certain players in your posts like you mentioned. You have to be on your biz, though, making more posts for your players to bounce off of, since you're not going to be able to involve every player in a single post like you can in other systems. Your players are also going to have to post quickly, since this is going to make things even slower than PbPs usually are.