Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Jack in!! MegaMan, Execute!

Soulcleaver posted:

This taste... it's of a cheater!!

Sometimes I forget how bizarre this manga actually is.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stoph
Mar 19, 2006

Give a hug - save a life.
Where's the manga thread?

Edit: ah, crap, is the anime thread closed?

Stoph fucked around with this message at 05:28 on Oct 21, 2014

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

This IS the manga thread.

Arsonist Daria
Feb 27, 2011

Requiescat in pace.

Stoph posted:

Where's the manga thread?

Edit: ah, crap, is the anime thread closed?

Yeah, closed for the off-season. Probably for the best, since they tend to devolve into online Stand creators.

Unlike us, who post about what Stand we got in a fan game.

Silver2195
Apr 4, 2012
I'm disappointed Joubin didn't say "GOOD."

Patware
Jan 3, 2005

Silver2195 posted:

I'm disappointed Joubin didn't say "GOOD."

There's time. I'm calling Joubin winning this one but Jousuke figuring out his stand ability in the process, making it all come down to a third match.

Because of course Jousuke is getting his eyeball licked. Araki cannot let an eye go unlicked.

Potsticker
Jan 14, 2006

Patware posted:

There's time. I'm calling Joubin winning this one but Jousuke figuring out his stand ability in the process, making it all come down to a third match.

Because of course Jousuke is getting his eyeball licked. Araki cannot let an eye go unlicked.

Earlier, Daiya had the chess piece coming out of Josuke's eyeball too. Is there other eye-related things other than that going on? I mean, besides the fact that Gappy has a weird split iris thing going on.

ZeroCount
Aug 12, 2013

Wow the art gets pretty bad in this chapter.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Beetle Tendency is the best thing.
JoJolion is shaping up to be the best part if it carries on like this.

I am kind of starting to feel bad for Joshuu though.

Arsonist Daria
Feb 27, 2011

Requiescat in pace.

ZeroCount posted:

How do you mean?

Aurain posted:

Beetle Tendency is the best thing.
JoJolion is shaping up to be the best part if it carries on like this.

I am kind of starting to feel bad for Joshuu though.

Eh, Joshuu gets rough treatment from time to time but he's an rear end in a top hat and has done everything to deserve it. I'm sure it won't be long before he reminds you why he gets treated like poo poo.

ZeroCount
Aug 12, 2013

Lumberjack Bonanza posted:

How do you mean?

Tsurugi gets pretty weird and deformed but I guess that's just a problem that Araki has with his style, a lot of the time it comes out looking great but sometimes people just stop looking like people

Kaiser Mazoku
Mar 24, 2011

Didn't you see it!? Couldn't you see my "spirit"!?
Tsurugi does look pretty weird here.

Begemot
Oct 14, 2012

The One True Oden

Eh, I dunno, didn't seem any weirder than usual.

I am so hyped for more bugfights. Jobin seems to have some sort of vibration-based stand? I don't think it has anything to do with the eye licking, that's just Araki and his eye thing again.

Patware
Jan 3, 2005

Potsticker posted:

stuff about eyes

Araki is really into body horror stuff, especially the really uncomfortable stuff - fingernails, toes, and particularly eyes. Jojo is chock full of eyes being sliced or stabbed in loving closeup.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Jack in!! MegaMan, Execute!
It's rather surprising Johnny's ability to shoot fingernails wasn't more graphic.

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

Kaiser Mazoku posted:

Tsurugi does look pretty weird here.

That's because you're looking at him through the door's peephole so the views are distorted on purpose.

Nahxela
Oct 11, 2008

Execution
I want to see Tower of Gray in these matches.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

*Tower of Gray cuts out some tongues*

WARNING, GORE!

Momomo
Dec 26, 2009

Dont judge me, I design your manhole

Hobgoblin2099 posted:

It's rather surprising Johnny's ability to shoot fingernails wasn't more graphic.

Yeah, that was pretty shocking to me, considering part 6 was probably the goriest of them all. I was definitely glad we didn't get constant shots of Johnny's bloody, torn up fingers though.

Ryaomon
Mar 19, 2007
Ask me about being a racist piece of shit with a racist gimmick

ZeroCount posted:

The faces in Jojolion drive me up a loving wall, everyone is so stiff and empty looking except for Joshuu sometimes and even he's not immune from it.

Edit: Here's a good point.

Answers here

Ryaomon fucked around with this message at 00:51 on Oct 23, 2014

Sinners Sandwich
Jan 4, 2012

Give me your friend's BURGERS and SANDWICHES, I'll put out the fire.

Hey Kids! Want to learn english the cool way?

Learning English through JoJo’s Bizarre Adventures! with Megadeath guitarist Marty Friedman

http://youtu.be/wuQZmOxXf-g

MelvinBison
Nov 17, 2012

"Is this the ideal world that you envisioned?"
"I guess you could say that."

Pillbug

Ryaomon posted:

The faces in Jojolion drive me up a loving wall, everyone is so stiff and empty looking except for Joshuu sometimes and even he's not immune from it.

Edit: Here's a good point.

Answers here

How the hell is #8 from Kars? It doesn't look like it fits at all.

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

Why does everyone think I'm going to get in trouble?

MelvinBison posted:

How the hell is #8 from Kars? It doesn't look like it fits at all.

It's new art from the Jojonium volume covers.

amuayse
Jul 20, 2013

by exmarx
Araki really did miss a critical detail of southern Italy when he was did Vento Aureo: There isn't enough trash. Seriously, like Naples is 90% trash due organized crime there.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Someone really needs to tell Araki to stop drawing his old characters if he can't do HnK mode anymore.
It just hurts to look at.

Especially his attempts at Pillar Men.
That's not the ultimate being at all, not even close.

Darko
Dec 23, 2004

I like his new faces; not only do they pose like models, but they now have model faces with model stares.

Butt Ghost
Nov 23, 2013

Sinners Sandwich posted:

Hey Kids! Want to learn english the cool way?

Learning English through JoJo’s Bizarre Adventures! with Megadeath guitarist Marty Friedman

http://youtu.be/wuQZmOxXf-g
This is it.

The most metal thing.

This is the highest level of metal one can achieve.

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon
Somehow Bruno got the worst redesign.

Wrestlepig
Feb 25, 2011

my mum says im cool

Toilet Rascal

amuayse posted:

Araki really did miss a critical detail of southern Italy when he was did Vento Aureo: There isn't enough trash. Seriously, like Naples is 90% trash due organized crime there.

In the world of Jojo, the mafia is too fancy for mess. They clean it up because otherwise it would sully the strips of fabric they strap on their chests.

hoobajoo
Jun 2, 2004

Aurain posted:

Someone really needs to tell Araki to stop drawing his old characters if he can't do HnK mode anymore.
It just hurts to look at.

Especially his attempts at Pillar Men.
That's not the ultimate being at all, not even close.

I kinda like it, it's as if Araki is doing fanart of his own old characters. I thank god he hasn't gone insane and insisting JoJo be George Lucas'd into the new style and the originals cease printing or something, but it's fun to see him remix his old designs into his new style.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
I want Araki to redraw "Awaken My Masters" and put it in every version of JoJo from there on out and it will be the only part of Part 2 that is changed.

Robviously
Aug 21, 2010

Genius. Billionaire. Playboy. Philanthropist.

amuayse posted:

To be fair, the trash thing only really got bad in the mid to late 2000s and Vento Aureo wrapped up in 99. Maybe they'll rectify this if they get around to animating it.

Edit: Also most of southern Italy is great, Naples is just their version of New Jersey.

Arsonist Daria
Feb 27, 2011

Requiescat in pace.

Beef Waifu posted:

I want Araki to redraw "Awaken My Masters" and put it in every version of JoJo from there on out and it will be the only part of Part 2 that is changed.

I want him to redraw as much as possible to piss off people who are mad about things that are different.

Arsonist Daria fucked around with this message at 01:32 on Oct 25, 2014

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Just redraw the most iconic panels and nothing else.

Let's Go!, Road Roller, Beautiful Duwang, Mona Lisa Boner, you pick it.

HitTheTargets
Mar 3, 2006

I came here to laugh at you.
Redraw Johnny as a 7-foot tall linebacker.

DamnGlitch
Sep 2, 2004

Lumberjack Bonanza posted:

I want him to redraw as much as possible to piss off people who are mad about things that are different.

Big fancy mans are better than androgynous fancy mans

(big androgynous fancy mans are the best)

Pomp
Apr 3, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Waffleman_ posted:

Just redraw the most iconic panels and nothing else.

Let's Go!, Road Roller, Beautiful Duwang, Mona Lisa Boner, you pick it.

I'd get some feelings so complicated.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

HitTheTargets posted:

Redraw Johnny as a 7-foot tall linebacker.

Redraw both Dannys as 7-foot tall linebackers.

Torquemadras
Jun 3, 2013

JoJo, in regards to style, was at its best during Part 4. There was a varied-looking main cast (Josuke, Jotaro, Okuyasu, Koichi are all easily distinguishable by faces alone), Kira was stylish as hell in both versions, and most people wore something that actually resembles clothes somewhat. Since then, those dang beautiful men with perfect skin and luscious lips have invaded every single character design. Seems to me one kind of homoeroticism has slowly eclipsed the other. (But then again, there's the entire first fight of JoJolion...?)

...there, I just wrote that

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Skull Servant
Oct 25, 2009

People who hate new style Jojo hate fun.

• Locked thread