Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Butt Ghost
Nov 23, 2013

I just realized the tragedy behind a frog with broken legs.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

darealkooky
Sep 15, 2011

You sayin' I like dubs?!?
whoops

darealkooky fucked around with this message at 06:06 on Dec 18, 2014

Tobaccrow
Jan 21, 2008

Don't smoke, kids... Unless you have to.
More Eyes of Heaven stuff. Including Jotaro and Kakyoin dual heat attack, and Kayoin fighting Stroheim in the background as Jotaro fights Diego? Whaaaat?

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

http://araki100p.web.fc2.com/jojolion038.html

JoJolion spoilers are here.

Kaiser Mazoku
Mar 24, 2011

Didn't you see it!? Couldn't you see my "spirit"!?
Eyes of Heaven site is up.

http://jojogame.bngames.net/

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Oh so it's one of THOSE games.

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

Beef Waifu posted:

Oh so it's one of THOSE games.

One of "those" games?

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

A bad game.

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

dogsicle posted:

A bad game.

Probably. Unfortunately. It'll probably have cool manga fanservice poo poo but I can't imagine it'll be anywhere near the capcom game as far as fun goes.

darealkooky
Sep 15, 2011

You sayin' I like dubs?!?
the only way to make ASB even worse was to make it a ninja storm game, sasuga CC2

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

FirstAidKite posted:

One of "those" games?

A dumb cash-in anime game which uses a silly gimmick like tag battles or full 3D fighting ala Power Stone. So yeah, CC2's definitely not working on this it's just gonna be some random dev they hand this off to to get an extra buck out next year.

Games comparable to this game are One Piece Grand Battle/Adventure, the Naruto PSP games, Bleach: Blade Battlers, and J-Stars Victory Vs. I would say that One Piece Grand Battle was fun on some level though even it was pretty silly in how it played.

Butt Ghost
Nov 23, 2013

That doesn't sound too bad to me. :shrug:

Tobaccrow
Jan 21, 2008

Don't smoke, kids... Unless you have to.

Beef Waifu posted:

A dumb cash-in anime game which uses a silly gimmick like tag battles or full 3D fighting ala Power Stone. So yeah, CC2's definitely not working on this it's just gonna be some random dev they hand this off to to get an extra buck out next year.
It actually is CC2. The game is on their website, and they are listed as the dev on the press release.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Then it's some small low effort team they made up then, there is no way in hell their staff is working on this when the new Naruto game is coming out.

Next-Jin Engine
Dec 7, 2013

Beef Waifu posted:

Then it's some small low effort team they made up then, there is no way in hell their staff is working on this when the new Naruto game is coming out.

Weren't CC2 also making a Naruto game when the first ASB came out? At the very least they could maybe save time/money on either game by reusing art assets.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
They started development and it was a Naruto game that has none of their usual flair and essentially acts as an update of the roster and mechanics like another game prior when most of their A guys were working on Asura's Wrath. The new Naruto game is straight up a new main game in the series with their usual flair, so their main focus is on that and it was only announced with screenshots like a week ago.

Hitlersaurus Christ
Oct 14, 2005

The number of players is listed as one... I hope that's an error.
I don't get why they didn't just make a sequel to ASB. Post-patches I think it was a pretty fun game, and the amount of fan service to the manga was nothing short of amazing.
At the very least I hope they have a soundtrack with homages and sections from the characters/stands' namesakes like before.

MelvinBison
Nov 17, 2012

"Is this the ideal world that you envisioned?"
"I guess you could say that."

Pillbug
The site mentions ASB ver1.05. Is that new? I can't remember how many times it got patched.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Those are probably the things the US version got like balance patches, Arcade Mode, and Campaign mode patches.

Nahxela
Oct 11, 2008

Execution
Fun fact, the US/PAL versions were never cross region compatible with the HK/JPN/etc games, as far as I'm aware.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

The game will probably suck, but more localised JoJo the better, so I'm totally going to pester them on twitter and their contact form to tell them the west wants it too.

Big Anime Fan Here
Sep 8, 2010

by XyloJW
I'd rather play a really goofy DBZ Budokai style Jojo game than another ASB style game which straddled the divide between taking fighting game mechanics seriously and being a ridiculous fanservice game so convincingly that it was boring

Sinners Sandwich
Jan 4, 2012

Give me your friend's BURGERS and SANDWICHES, I'll put out the fire.

Guys it has Strohiem and Diego. This game should have already sold it to you.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
It's going to be worse than ASB probably and I learned my lesson with that games, no thanks.

The Vosgian Beast
Aug 13, 2011

Business is slow

Big Anime Fan Here posted:

I'd rather play a really goofy DBZ Budokai style Jojo game than another ASB style game which straddled the divide between taking fighting game mechanics seriously and being a ridiculous fanservice game so convincingly that it was boring

Kaiser Mazoku
Mar 24, 2011

So apparently David is somehow involved in Eyes of Heaven.

hoobajoo
Jun 2, 2004

Big Anime Fan Here posted:

If the game can just have a solid framerate and responsive controls, I'll be sold regardless of the genre.

Uznare
Jul 15, 2010

It's not animation, but the real stories!

hoobajoo posted:

If the game can just have a solid framerate and responsive controls, I'll be sold regardless of the genre.

:cawg:

Game is going to suck. And to be honest a ninja storm style game would be better than the shitfest that was ASB.

Torquemadras
Jun 3, 2013

What was so bad about ASB, anyway? I only saw the Giantbomb Quicklook and a couple of highlight reels on Youtube, and I generally know jackshit about fightpunchman games.

Not that I plan on buying it (as I said, I am uniquely ill-suited to punchkick games), I'm just curious.

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

Why does everyone think I'm going to get in trouble?

Torquemadras posted:

What was so bad about ASB, anyway? I only saw the Giantbomb Quicklook and a couple of highlight reels on Youtube, and I generally know jackshit about fightpunchman games.

Not that I plan on buying it (as I said, I am uniquely ill-suited to punchkick games), I'm just curious.

Everything except the special attacks hits like a wet noodle, the special attacks take way too long to play out and the stage gimmicks suck. The fights take way too long and just aren't fun. That's what I'm told, at least.

cuntman.net
Mar 1, 2013

I just go on youtube and watch all the super moves and taunts and stuff and i'll probably do that for this game too

Kaiser Mazoku
Mar 24, 2011

Torquemadras posted:

Nothing. It's a fine game that has its flaws, many of which have been addressed with the patches. The one major flaw is the terribad netcode, which isn't a fault of the game per se, but it's still bad enough to have permanently driven me away from playing online.

LordLeckie
Nov 14, 2009
My main ASB complaint about ASB is that the movement in it feels awful, its fun to watch the characters move the way they do but to actually work with them feels like you're wading through a swamp half the time.

Kaiser Mazoku
Mar 24, 2011

Ehhh you get used to it. It would be nice if it was faster, for sure.

Sagabal
Apr 24, 2010

I just want HftF 2.

Arsonist Daria
Feb 27, 2011

Requiescat in pace.
It's not like anyone would ever be satisfied by any big release of a JoJo game anyway.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

Torquemadras posted:

Tons of animations that take a million years to go through even on just grabs and stage hazards (Specials are even worse about it). Slow rear end everything including normals, jumps, walking speeds, etc. The damage is low on normals and specials for the most part, damage scaling is really bad too so if you want to do combos into your supers there's a ton of dumb things. The game had a lot of mechanics that were added to it in the patches, but that overall didn't fix its actual issues. Campaign mode is a bad mode of the game where you basically just wait to unlock costumes and stuff. The story mode takes too long for what it is and is extremely uninteresting. The netcode is absolute loving garbage.

The music is nice for the most part, the game looks cool, the voice acting is great (It's a loving crime Isshin Chiba isn't voicing Iggy in the anime), and it's got like three in battle references in terms of supers to the series that all look fantastic. If you want a JoJo game with some amount of representation for every series and to see all of the characters you like animated into a fighting game, then that's your game, but don't expect much in the way of interesting or unique gameplay. It's another bad anime fighting game by CC2 who still have yet to make a good video game.

Kaiser Mazoku
Mar 24, 2011

Yeah campaign mode is absolute rear end solely because of how luck-based it is, and it's the only way to unlock costumes and taunts and all the neat stuff.

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

Why does everyone think I'm going to get in trouble?

Either way all of the interesting stuff's on YouTube for free.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hitlersaurus Christ
Oct 14, 2005

Beef Waifu posted:

It's another bad anime fighting game by CC2 who still have yet to make a good video game.

CC2's .hack//GU games were really solid, unique action games actually. I'd say the series in general is, but I haven't played Link and the old quadrilogy probably hasn't held up as well. IVe heard good things about Tail Concerto too but never played it.

Then again I thought ASB post-patches was pretty decent so

• Locked thread