Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Perigryn
Oct 22, 2010

TaJaaaaadoruuuuu
USELESS!

Oh please let the announcer yell it in tonight's episode :pray:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cipher Pol 9
Oct 9, 2006

David Productions has officially won manga adaptations. That is perfect.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Perigryn posted:

USELESS!

Oh please let the announcer yell it in tonight's episode :pray:

He doesn't.

Perigryn
Oct 22, 2010

TaJaaaaadoruuuuu

Waffleman_ posted:

He doesn't.
Eh, we didn't get "Even Speedwagon Is Afraid" either. So long as they do that final battle justice, I don't care. We have a great Jojo anime after all these years! :D

Cody Banks
Mar 7, 2013

Oh man, I can't wait to see the reactions to this episode. :allears:

Yon
Oct 7, 2003

Just one spice?
Just one spice
Just one spice...
What about the announcement? Wasn't that supposed to come with the episode?

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon

Lobsterman posted:

The announcement was that there's a special Jojo event June 23rd and for the DVD/Bluray Volume 4.

Yon
Oct 7, 2003

Just one spice?
Just one spice
Just one spice...

Kurtofan posted:

The announcement was that there's a special Jojo event June 23rd and for the DVD/Bluray Volume 4.

Well that's a letdown. :smith:

German Joey
Dec 18, 2004

Kaiser Mazoku
Mar 24, 2011

Didn't you see it!? Couldn't you see my "spirit"!?
The subbers are gonna have fun with that one.

Soulcleaver
Sep 25, 2007

Murderer

Lobsterman posted:

The announcement was that SEX = Useless, what more could you ask for?

Nihnoz
Aug 24, 2009

ararararararararararara

how long. how long have I waited. the best panel in manga history is finally here.

Pierson
Oct 31, 2004

College Slice
Going to watch the other thread like a hawk for people's reactions. So amazing.

JDRockefeller
Apr 26, 2010
Seeing Squirrel-Flower-Butterfly hand in motion was amazing. Also the Piranhas on a plane.

PowFu
Dec 31, 2010

JDRockefeller posted:

Seeing Squirrel-Flower-Butterfly hand in motion was amazing. Also the Piranhas on a plane.

I'm waiting for the sub to come out before watching the episode, but reading this is making me happy.

Squirrel hand was my favorite part of Battle Tendency.

Irritated Goat
Mar 12, 2005

This post is pathetic.
I've been catching up in JoJo over the past week or so. From part 4 to part 8, I believe the best way to put my experience is :psyduck:

Tobaccrow
Jan 21, 2008

Don't smoke, kids... Unless you have to.

PowFu posted:

I'm waiting for the sub to come out before watching the episode, but reading this is making me happy.

Squirrel hand was my favorite part of Battle Tendency.
I'm hoping Cars gets confirmed for All Star Battle. Squirrel-hand Vs. Frog-brooch!

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
ACDC and Wham are in ASB, Cars is gonna be in it, that shouldn't even be something you feel doubt with and he's still gonna be the most boring villain aside from his ultimate being stuff.

Cody Banks
Mar 7, 2013

Sex_Ferguson posted:

ACDC and Wham are in ASB, Cars is gonna be in it, that shouldn't even be something you feel doubt with and he's still gonna be the most boring villain aside from his ultimate being stuff.

The question is will Lisa Lisa be in it?

Rei_
May 16, 2004

The difference between confinement and rest is a shift in perspective

I'm up to Part 5 of the Manga now and man, this just keeps getting better and better. I love Josuke and GioGio, and some of the characters in both 4 and 5 are just amazing.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

Cody Banks posted:

The question is will Lisa Lisa be in it?

I feel that since Caesar got in, she might as well be a shoe-in too, but I can't really say that since I even doubt Old Joseph is going to be playable despite basically every other human member of the Part 3 group is in the game so far.

Perigryn
Oct 22, 2010

TaJaaaaadoruuuuu

Sex_Ferguson posted:

I feel that since Caesar got in, she might as well be a shoe-in too, but I can't really say that since I even doubt Old Joseph is going to be playable despite basically every other human member of the Part 3 group is in the game so far.
There was some new bit that her actress did some recording for the game but it was followed up with "there will be a lot of announcer voices".

LightningKimba
Nov 5, 2010

Unleashing my best...

LUMINARY UPPERCUT!!

Perigryn posted:

There was some new bit that her actress did some recording for the game but it was followed up with "there will be a lot of announcer voices".

If there's no Speedwagon announcer, we have a problem. :colbert:

SALT CURES HAM
Jan 4, 2011

Sex_Ferguson posted:

Honestly, there's not a huge reason for Old Joseph to be playable if part 2 Joseph is. Hermit Purple is primarily a non-combat stand, and if memory serves he doesn't actually fight anyone in part 3.

Kaiser Mazoku
Mar 24, 2011

WickedIcon posted:

Honestly, there's not a huge reason for Old Joseph to be playable if part 2 Joseph is. Hermit Purple is primarily a non-combat stand, and if memory serves he doesn't actually fight anyone in part 3.

He fights Empress and Dio.

Uznare
Jul 15, 2010

It's not animation, but the real stories!

WickedIcon posted:

Uh, yes there is? Hermit Purple alone would change his mechanics as proven by the CPS3 game where Hermit Purple made him into a grappler as opposed to a zoning character like Young Joseph was.

Cipher Pol 9
Oct 9, 2006

Kaiser Mazoku posted:

He fights Empress and Dio.

He fights Bast(?) with Avdol too, doesn't he? I think his whippy ripple style is different enough from young Joseph's, but I wouldn't complain if he was just a skin I suppose.

Perigryn
Oct 22, 2010

TaJaaaaadoruuuuu

LightningKimba posted:

If there's no Speedwagon announcer, we have a problem. :colbert:
He's the first one I want confirmed (along with Stroheim, if he's not a character too).

Perigryn fucked around with this message at 18:10 on Apr 1, 2013

Kaiser Mazoku
Mar 24, 2011

Cipher Pol 9 posted:

He fights Bast(?) with Avdol too, doesn't he? I think his whippy ripple style is different enough from young Joseph's, but I wouldn't complain if he was just a skin I suppose.

Yep. He also helps Jotaro defeat D'Arby the gamer too.

onepixeljumpman
Jun 23, 2010

In a world where one bear has a shotgun: Fuck.

Perigryn posted:

He's the first one I want confirmed (along with Stroheim, if he's not a character too).

Considering Speedwagon was a background character for one of the Part 1 based maps, I wouldn't be surprised if Poco ended up being the Part 1 announcer character. I will be infinitely disappointed, though.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

Kaiser Mazoku posted:

Yep. He also helps Jotaro defeat D'Arby the gamer too.

By playing the game for him.

Perigryn
Oct 22, 2010

TaJaaaaadoruuuuu

MonsterEnvy posted:

By playing the game for him.
YES YES YES YES

Flython
Oct 21, 2010

Perigryn posted:

YES YES YES YES

That really was an amazing sequence. So much tension with such a simple explanation.

Kaiser Mazoku
Mar 24, 2011

So considering what date today is, this could be awesome news or not.

http://25.media.tumblr.com/796b3d38bafbc19450ace95a8c6a7864/tumblr_mklp89XOuf1qbu8f0o1_500.jpg
http://25.media.tumblr.com/0203e69d980b421bf53c1ceda855335b/tumblr_mklp89XOuf1qbu8f0o2_500.jpg

STANKBALLS TASTYLEGS
Oct 12, 2012

Man, I want to, but the second photo just looks too off. Something about how the face and shoulders meet the coat, and the shading.

BUT I WANT TO BELIEVE.

YggdrasilTM
Nov 7, 2011

From the same guy that posted those:
http://kurilian.tumblr.com/post/46906414009/well-i-had-my-fun-happy-april-fools-you

I'm disappointed too. :(

YggdrasilTM fucked around with this message at 06:27 on Apr 2, 2013

Red Bones
Aug 9, 2012

"I think he's a bad enough person to stay ghost through his sheer love of child-killing."

So my friend pointed this out to me when we were playing Bioshock infinite and then I drew a picture of it. I kind of want to go back and draw it again because I'm never happy with poo poo I draw but oh well!

Perigryn
Oct 22, 2010

TaJaaaaadoruuuuu

Flython posted:

That really was an amazing sequence. So much tension with such a simple explanation.
And one of the best punchlines.

"Now, which hand am I gonna use to pummel you?"

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007

Sex_Ferguson posted:

If Cars is playable and has a squirrel hand move, he instantly catapults to the top spot in the game's roster.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Perigryn
Oct 22, 2010

TaJaaaaadoruuuuu

Serious Frolicking posted:

If Cars is playable and has a squirrel hand move, he instantly catapults to the top spot in the game's roster.
This and I want one of his alternate colors to be Baoh.

• Locked thread