Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Soulcleaver
Sep 25, 2007

Murderer

Lobsterman posted:

What about the announcement? Wasn't that supposed to come with the episode?
The announcement was that SEX = Useless, what more could you ask for?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Soulcleaver
Sep 25, 2007

Murderer
The miracle happen.

Soulcleaver
Sep 25, 2007

Murderer
This is a sacred relic of magic and wonder.

Soulcleaver
Sep 25, 2007

Murderer

Cerebral Bore posted:

That's why you have knives
Or stop signs.

Soulcleaver
Sep 25, 2007

Murderer
I'd make my own Jojo ripoff comic with stands named after musicians but the copyright gestapo would never let me.

Soulcleaver
Sep 25, 2007

Murderer
Vento Aureo is generally (and correctly) considered to be the lamest. A dull protagonist, a dumb villain, and not as many cool fights as the rest if the parts. The lousy translation doesn't help, either. It does, however, have some cool supporting characters and the greatest stand, Sticky Fingers.

Soulcleaver
Sep 25, 2007

Murderer
http://www.batoto.net/read/_/169614/jojos-bizarre-adventure-little-by-little-doujinshi_v1_by_no-group/27

This was just fantastic.

Soulcleaver
Sep 25, 2007

Murderer
There's a problem with your post here.

And a Diavolo who can teleport himself and his opponent around would be rad. It sorta fits his power in the comic and would work great for a fighting game. Always have a positioning advantage, get in sneak attacks, confuse human opponents with crazy crap. Kind of like how Dhalsim is in most of his incarnations.

Soulcleaver
Sep 25, 2007

Murderer
Dio's Bizarre Fighter: Dio Edition (with Dio as DLC)

Soulcleaver
Sep 25, 2007

Murderer
Ivan Ooze 2.0

If King Crimson is intended to be a ridiculously overpowered boss character then I have no problem with all of that. As per fighting game custom, he could be unplayable or have a weakened version for players or he could be playable in all of his glory and just be nearly unbeatable and force players to agree not to use him unless they're both playing him or someone equally strong. Or maybe he ends up being reasonable, who knows? But I'm glad he's true to the comic.

Soulcleaver
Sep 25, 2007

Murderer
Pucci's ability: Overclock the PS3 so fast that it overheats and has to reset.

Soulcleaver
Sep 25, 2007

Murderer
And insert a different game!

Soulcleaver
Sep 25, 2007

Murderer

Ineffiable posted:

Part 4 Diamond is Unbreakable hasn't been fully retranslated/recleaned yet right?
AFAIK it hasn't. I get updates from here.

Soulcleaver
Sep 25, 2007

Murderer
Early Jojo uses a mystical martial arts technique involving proper breathing to grant the user superpowers, which is completely different from Fist of the North Star's mystical martial arts technique that involves hitting pressure points to grant the user superpowers. Get it straight.

Though to be fair the concept of Stands was something that Araki knocked out of the park and completely eclipsed his predecessors and most of his successors with.

Soulcleaver
Sep 25, 2007

Murderer
Vento Aureo has some cool stuff in it and it kicks the rear end of most other fist punch fightman comics, but it still has some big problems and it's just not amazing like parts 2-4 and 7.

Soulcleaver
Sep 25, 2007

Murderer
Jolyne and Johnny are way better characters than Giorno, so there's that.

Soulcleaver
Sep 25, 2007

Murderer
My favorite Gold Experience power is the "instantly defeat anyone, be immune to all attacks, gently caress you hahaha" one.

Not Araki's finest moment. At least Sticky Fingers was pretty kickass.

Soulcleaver
Sep 25, 2007

Murderer
I watched the first episode of Axe Cop and didn't see a Jojo character anywhere. WHERE IS JOTARO, SPACEDAD?!

Spacedad lied, people died!

Soulcleaver
Sep 25, 2007

Murderer
Are NTSC PS3s region-locked? I want to import Jojo All Star Battle since it'll probably never be released in English.

Soulcleaver
Sep 25, 2007

Murderer
Hopefully it sells tens of millions of copies then they make a Super Jojo All Stars with all the DLC characters included and a Western release with GGPO netcode.

Is that too much to ask?

Soulcleaver
Sep 25, 2007

Murderer

Spacedad posted:

Akira Otoishi/Red Hot Chilli Pepper inserted by me into an episode of Axe Cop.

Along with several other familiar faces I added.

Bonus:

The resolution on this gif is crap, but in HD or the original flash file:

:cry:

Now it's also worth noting that in the next few moments, literally everyone in the room gets their head chopped off.
You're doing God's work, son. Dad.

Soulcleaver
Sep 25, 2007

Murderer

Robviously posted:

Thanks a lot. I just spent 20 on this. (I regret nothing.)
It's not even body-sized! Useless.

Soulcleaver
Sep 25, 2007

Murderer
Every comic should be like Steel Ball Run, period.

Soulcleaver
Sep 25, 2007

Murderer

Cerebral Bore posted:

Pucci was able to attract and manipulate the trio of forgettable Diospawn because they were down in the dumps and weak-willed for some reason or other.
One of them had what was probably the very strongest stand there is and he did dick all with it instead of easily taking over the world or creating a character with the ability of "make Ungaro invincible and unbeatable in any situation" or something. So yeah, weak-willed and stupid is pretty accurate.

Soulcleaver
Sep 25, 2007

Murderer
A stand that uses straight up time travel could be cool. It would need some kind of limitation, though, or the user could easily go back and kill his enemies when they're zygotes or something. But I have no doubt that Araki could do amazing things with it.

Soulcleaver
Sep 25, 2007

Murderer
I just hope it includes the gobs of DLC characters. I'm not paying extra for all that poo poo.

Soulcleaver
Sep 25, 2007

Murderer
It's pre-Stands but I think part 2 is kind of underrated. When people talk about their favorite Jojo moments, the chariot race with Wham is at the very top of mine. You have a steroids guy who can punch sunbeams fighting an ancient Aztec proto-vampire named after a lovely 80s pop group in order to get an antidote from his nose ring, undead horses, a gargantuan crossbow that humans can't even cock, a stone pillar used as a weapon, improbable aiming skills, and a guy deliberately and permanently blinding himself to avoid being fooled by his eyesight. The amount of back-and-forth trickery is astonishing. One might even say... bizarre.

Also, Joseph is easily the best Jojo there is and I've never heard a rational argument to the contrary. He's such a masterful bullshitter with his obnoxious personality, combat gimmicks, "Your next line is..." It's just a shame that he's so useless in part 3; I would have loved to see him do some crazy stuff with the Ripple like he used to.

I like to show this clip to people to instantly turn them into Jojo fans.

Soulcleaver
Sep 25, 2007

Murderer

Trollhawke posted:

FFF-

Suddenly the decision about which series to read next has become So hard. I was originally going to go onto Part 7, but then I read about Blind Chariot Races, and then this...
Every part of Jojo is great. Even 5 with its weak protagonist and villain and bafflingly bad translation is still a cut above any other shounen manga. Read them all, even if it takes years. Araki is immortal anyway.

Soulcleaver
Sep 25, 2007

Murderer
Gewd.

Soulcleaver
Sep 25, 2007

Murderer

Meme Emulator posted:

Ya, but Star Platinum was stealing books about mysticism and the occult for Jotaro while he was in prison (despite the 2m range put in place later on, wingo wango Araki Plothole). Since stands are a reflection of yourself like Zorak said, and Jotaro was trying to figure out what was going, he was controlling Star Platinum to an extent, since it was bringing him research materials.
Clearly the guards or other prisoners were reading books on esoteric poo poo for Star Platinum to steal along with the handgun and stereo. :colbert:

Soulcleaver
Sep 25, 2007

Murderer
In the next issue of Jojolion: Jo2uke is just a red herring and Joushuu is the real Jojo of part 8. :getin:

Soulcleaver
Sep 25, 2007

Murderer
Did they ever finish those non-lovely translations? Because what we had for a long time was even worse than Duwang in the fact that the translator just made up poo poo.

Soulcleaver
Sep 25, 2007

Murderer
And we'll never get an official translation of any of it because the sales of Part 3 in English were so poor. :(

Soulcleaver
Sep 25, 2007

Murderer

MelvinBison posted:

Your ASB dollars at work.
I'm buying a hundred copies of this game and the digital comics of Stardust Crusaders.

Kaiser Mazoku posted:

I'll wait as long as it takes to get a perfect, proper adaption of Part 3.
The 1993 series got the Darby poker game and the fight with Dio (minus the missing steamroller) perfectly. Everything else... not so much.

Soulcleaver
Sep 25, 2007

Murderer
Multiple rape attempts last issue and now waterboarding? What is this, a Go Nagai comic?

Actually it owned and I can't wait for the next issue. For the first time in my life I'm caught up with Jojo and now my balls will be bluer than smurf poo poo just like everyone else in this thread.

Soulcleaver
Sep 25, 2007

Murderer
Araki doesn't run out of ideas no matter how many decades pass. He's the most creative man on the planet, though you wouldn't know it from his character names.

Soulcleaver
Sep 25, 2007

Murderer

Schubalts posted:

I kind of wish that Dio had survived SBR, just so we could get a Giorno in Jojolion.
Maybe one of the many Dios slept with a chick at some point. Not inconceivable. Maybe GioGiolion might actually be interesting!

(Yes two Dios counts as "many".)

Soulcleaver
Sep 25, 2007

Murderer
At least part 6 has a good fan translation so we don't have to wonder if the confusion arises from Araki himself or from Altavista Babelfish.

Soulcleaver
Sep 25, 2007

Murderer

Meme Emulator posted:

Considering all the time based powers in this series, its wierd we havent seen a slow down yet, sort of like Foxys Noronoro beam.
Pucci's is mostly the same thing. Speeding himself up so much that everyone else is vastly slower.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Soulcleaver
Sep 25, 2007

Murderer
I used to say I was gonna wait for the re-translation before re-reading parts 4 and 5 but it's been years since they started and there's no progress in sight. Why can't manga translation groups ever keep it together? :smith:

• Locked thread