Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Tobaccrow
Jan 21, 2008

Don't smoke, kids... Unless you have to.

Silver2195 posted:

I thought Koichi was the main character of Part 4.
You don't have to remember him.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tobaccrow
Jan 21, 2008

PowFu posted:

I'm waiting for the sub to come out before watching the episode, but reading this is making me happy.

Squirrel hand was my favorite part of Battle Tendency.
I'm hoping Cars gets confirmed for All Star Battle. Squirrel-hand Vs. Frog-brooch!

Tobaccrow
Jan 21, 2008

DICKS FOR DINNER posted:

Actually, this is explained as Jonathan's body developing a stand with the same utility as Hermit Purple. It doesn't really come up again, but it does give Dio and Joseph awareness of when the other one is watching them. I don't think they ever show him using it other than right before everyone boards the plane with Tower of Gray on it, though.
I remember reading a theory that being able to accurately sense what Joseph and Jotaro were doing was the ability of Holly's stand since Dio seemed to be able to do that too.

Tobaccrow
Jan 21, 2008

Aside from Rohan, The ASB scans corroborate more "out there" things from the leaked roster: Specifically, Series 1 Dio. In "story mode", the last boss will be the main villain from your selected character's part. Dunno what they'll do with Jo2uke though.

Tobaccrow
Jan 21, 2008

Word on the street is that the new ASB trailer is going to be 10 minutes long. :woop:

Tobaccrow
Jan 21, 2008

Sex_Ferguson posted:

A ten-minute trailer for what's undoubtedly gonna be just showing new characters and story stuff is gonna be pretty obnoxious. I'm not saying I'm against the idea of seeing the new characters in motion, but if literally none of that 10 minutes is going to be showing off the game mechanics and I am going to be annoyed.
6-minutes of showing off the Gold Experience Box.

boom boom boom posted:

I found the stand users of the week in part 7 to be a little less memorable than normal, but Johnny and Gyro and their development and relationship was so great I didn't care.
I kinda feel like Araki only put stands in this part because someone above him flipped a poo poo like "Jojo has to have stands!" and he was like "OK. Fine."

Tobaccrow
Jan 21, 2008

So is the cast summary from the second half of the live showing going to turn up somewhere?

Tobaccrow
Jan 21, 2008

Story AND Campaign?
I'm gonna guess Story has cutscenes and the same fight lineups for each character every time, while Campaign is like a random arcade mode.

Tobaccrow
Jan 21, 2008

Kaiser Mazoku posted:

Is that the actual menu in the game? Or is that fan-translated?
Just saw it on this dude's tumblr: http://hurricanecrew.tumblr.com/ I assume it's unaltered.
Also some details on how some of King Crimson's powers work
-He's invulnerable during his forwards/backwards quick-step
-He can spend heart heat gauge to nullify an attack
-He can go into "Time erasure mode" where the opponent just does the same attack over and over and Diavolo is invincible. It ends after a certain amount of time or when an attack button is pressed.
-For his heart heat attack, he uses his ability to see the future to automatically dodge every attack without draining his guard gauge.

Tobaccrow
Jan 21, 2008

ASB League started this morning. Which is a tournament of AI matches that will also feature characters that haven't been announced yet.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ra8adHXwNWs
Buccellatti Vs. Josuke and Jonathan Vs. Dio

Tobaccrow fucked around with this message at 18:08 on Jun 19, 2013

Tobaccrow
Jan 21, 2008

Melone seems like such an odd choice. I thought I even heard he was one of the most disliked characters in the entirety of the series.

Tobaccrow
Jan 21, 2008

Eeevil posted:

Gold Experience seemed like it just kept getting new powers added to it for no real reason. Being able to turn objects into plants and animals is a pretty cool power, but then it had things like reflecting damage, making chunks of flesh that don't reflect damage for some reason, and punching people full of life. It could have been fine if it was just a stand that made life and was really good at punching, I think.

I don't remember the chunks of flesh thing, but the other two were each used once in the beginning. I think Araki realized how weird and dumb those were and canned them. It's a shame, "Son of DIO (on Jonathan's body)" had a lot of potential to be an interesting character with a cool stand, but alas!

Tobaccrow
Jan 21, 2008

Kurtofan posted:

Trailer :siren:

All the new characters and other features!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mqRjd3dxEOY

:911:

So story mode is only the Jojo's of parts 1-7. I was wondering how they were going to handle a Jojolion story. The answer is they won't. :v:

Tobaccrow
Jan 21, 2008

:siren: New ASB character! :siren:
Shigekiyo Yangu (Harvest)
No good scans yet.

Tobaccrow
Jan 21, 2008

quote:

Shigekiyo is voiced by Kappei Yamaguchi
Shigekiyo DLC will be purchaseable on launch for 600 Yen

The opening movie of the game is reportedly great. It reproduces scenes from the manga, with the in-game engine. It’s hard to tell sometimes if it’s in-game models or anime art. They apparently took about 4 months of production time to make the opening movie.

The article focuses a bit on the Secret Missions of Story Mode as a new gameplay element.

There will be more characters to announce in the near future.

They plan to have many more “tricky” and “technical” characters to balance out the variety of gameplay.

(2ch is crazy to navigate so here’s the SFW Source)
http://blog.hokanko-alt.com/archives/31736184.html
Source: http://hurricanecrew.tumblr.com/post/58499052736/jjba-asb-news

Kinda sucks he's going to be DLC, and that buying multiple characters at 600 yen will add up fast...

Tobaccrow
Jan 21, 2008

LightningKimba posted:

No joke, I'd love to see Trish be DLC in the game. I was really hoping on either FF or Annasui getting in, since while Weather Report is a stage hazard, the other two were significant enough characters to the main cast that I figured they'd be a shoe-in to get in the game.
Being a stage hazard wouldn't rule him out for being playable. Rohan appears in the manga panels announcing Morioh's stage hazard, and Dio is in the panels for Egypt's stage hazard (meaning he's inside the car that runs you over). Okyasu and Koichi's character models also appear in the background for the Kira residence stage, though they aren't part of the stage's hazard.

Tobaccrow
Jan 21, 2008

Here they are on Youtube and with subtitles on the hair-insult one.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gU-4XQ8Qd1g

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w5-c8s5-gAA

Tobaccrow
Jan 21, 2008

LvK posted:

He thumbs Jonathan in the eye.

This is nuts.

He also punches DIO where Star Platinum shattered his skull.

Tobaccrow
Jan 21, 2008

quote:

The town of Morio-cho appears in Parts 4 and 8, but they're in parallel worlds, so they aren't linked in time or space. The two Josukes would never meet each other normally. With this game, though, it becomes possible. At first I was bit taken aback. But then the bizarre nature to it all really got me interested. It's very entertaining. I would never allow something like this in the manga, but since this is a game, it's cool. Same thing with Jotaro fighting Dio Brando.
I would really like to see an official series of what-ifs and who-would-win Jojo stories.

Tobaccrow
Jan 21, 2008

RatHat posted:

He looked exactly like Josuke though, was even wearing a school uniform.

Well yeah, only delinquent high school kids wore their hair like that in Japan.

Tobaccrow
Jan 21, 2008

Giorno showing up would have been cool, but having him deus-ex-machina everything again would've made for a lame story. Pucci defeating GER could have been interesting, but only if it was by some clever means to circumvent GER's ability. If it was some wacky, magical nonsense like how (Silver Chariot) Requiem was stopped, it would just bog down a story already rife with weird magical ritual stuff that makes no sense.

Edit: Dio's second coffin was likely the first. When Erina was rescued, it's possible they didn't recover it and it ultimately sank not too far from the shipwreck where Dio was.

Tobaccrow fucked around with this message at 09:35 on Sep 6, 2013

Tobaccrow
Jan 21, 2008

It's been a while, but I thought that was him being unable to die differently from how Rolling Stone predicted or something. They just assumed it was Gold Experience.

Tobaccrow
Jan 21, 2008

Soulcleaver posted:

Also, Joseph is easily the best Jojo there is and I've never heard a rational argument to the contrary. He's such a masterful bullshitter with his obnoxious personality, combat gimmicks, "Your next line is..." It's just a shame that he's so useless in part 3; I would have loved to see him do some crazy stuff with the Ripple like he used to.

Yeah, but if he was anywhere near as awesome as he was in part 2, he would have completely overshadowed Jotaro.

Tobaccrow
Jan 21, 2008

(Discussing new Jojolion)

Ryaomon posted:

Kind of a useless Stand if it only changes faces to be similar and not clothes. Josuke's wearing a sailor outfit in the year of our lord 2013.
And they can call each other even if they still can't figure it out. I'm curious what conflict will arise from this. I guess Josuke doesn't know about the stand yet at least.

Tobaccrow
Jan 21, 2008

The name of Joshuu's stand has been revealed:

Tobaccrow
Jan 21, 2008

Cipher Pol 9 posted:

I got Kira vibes from him too. Maybe he somehow has the other half of Yoshikage Kira? But then who the hell is/was Jo2uke's other half? This series is painful at a monthly pace, now I know how SBR-readers must have felt, and we're only at chapter 26!

EDIT: Referring of course, to the half of Jo2uke that [Isn't Yoshikage Kira.] I know he has a half that is.

The problem with that being... Didn't they find Kira's corpse? Does Wall Eyes copy/paste things to other things or does it merge them?

Tobaccrow
Jan 21, 2008

Araki said they are different universes and completely unrelated, but since he hasn't really established that in the story, he could change his mind at any time.

Tobaccrow
Jan 21, 2008

I'll bet the voice actors will be the same from ASB. Not really a fan of ASB's Polnareff or Oingo & Boingo, but everybody else sounds perfect.

Tobaccrow
Jan 21, 2008

Sex_Ferguson posted:

I don't really care for Sugita's Old Joseph, but if they keep Suwabe as Gamer then everything will be just A OK.

You really should hear his "Ohhhh nooooo! :smith:" when he misses with his GHA in All Star Battle. You just can't hate that guy...

Tobaccrow
Jan 21, 2008

CodfishCartographer posted:

I'm already planning on a Johnny cosplay, I just need to get ahold of a wheeley horse. Also gotta figure out how to slap some yellow rectangles on everything.

Yellow EL wire?

Tobaccrow
Jan 21, 2008

dudermcbrohan posted:

He talks about when he was a kid his neighbors or something like that had a cat or dog that had 4 babies and they took the fourth one and it hosed up his eye and that made him hate the number four. At least I think since I can't remember where it's brought up.

He used that as an example as to why it was still bad to take away from 4 even if that makes it 3. Granted, I remember this from the "bad" translation...

Tobaccrow
Jan 21, 2008

Pretty sure the sucky translation always had his catchphrase (kono Giorno Giovanna yume ga aru!) as the accurate and 'I, Giorno'-ly: "I, Giorno Giovanna have a dream!"

Tobaccrow
Jan 21, 2008

Broseph Brostar posted:

If I remember correctly Jotaro even had a super to counter Dio's slow time. Apparently the game also had a bunch of cut content even though the game had a second revision. Like for instance, there's an almost complete sprite for Grey Fly and it's user.

Speaking of the Capcom game, I wonder if the anime is going to use their design for Midler or if they'll stay true to the manga and just show her legs.
-Pretty sure doing Jotaro's time stop allows him to move during Dio's for as long as his bar lasts.
-There was also sketches for an N'Dour sprite standing and fighting with his cane. He was probably going to be playable at one point.
-Capcom Midler is canon. Araki drew her that way in original art for JoJo-A-Go-Go. I bet the anime will show less than the manga did though. Just a hunch.

Tobaccrow
Jan 21, 2008

SunAndSpring posted:

That's the one. I wonder if that look on his face was intentional or not.
You'd have to check the blu-ray version. They've fixed less weird looking faces.

Tobaccrow
Jan 21, 2008

Dark_Tzitzimine posted:

I'm really glad than Norisuke's legit and an all-around awesome dude

Is he though? From chapter 9:

Could be it's just he's pissed about seeing Josuke on top of his daughter, but what's all this "turn him into a slave" stuff?

Tobaccrow
Jan 21, 2008

WickedHate posted:

It's almost shocking to see an anime about people fighting with psychic creatures and not a single card or video game to accompany it.

Well, I mean, aside from All Star Battle.

There's also a JoJo card game. It's where we got a first glimpse of Jotaro and P3-DIO in the style of the TV series.

Tobaccrow
Jan 21, 2008

Cerebral Bore posted:

You can gain a Stand by perfecting a skill hard enough. It's like how Tonio got his Stand by practising cooking like a motherfucker.

Also Stands and the Ripple are two entirely different things. Otherwise DIO would have disintegrated the first time he used The World.
Naw, more likely he wouldn't be able to use it at all. The explanation for why the ripple destroys the undead is because their inner ripple energy is weaker than that of sunlight. --Or something...

Tobaccrow
Jan 21, 2008

I thought for sure they'd do "I'm batting a thousand!" to retain a reason for it being 1000 hits.

Tobaccrow
Jan 21, 2008

MelvinBison posted:

But if they drop Abdul's "first" death, how do they set up Judgment?

Skip it entirely? All that we really need is "YES! I AM!" which can fit anywhere.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tobaccrow
Jan 21, 2008

Kaiser Mazoku posted:

They're getting really lazy with the ASB name changes.

In case you can't read it: Zipper Man

Comic by Mayoday

• Locked thread