Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
onepixeljumpman
Jun 23, 2010

In a world where one bear has a shotgun: Fuck.

scary ghost dog posted:

Bayonetta is really close to a JoJo's game. The way Bayonetta fights I mean. Wicked Weave is basically a stand power.

Maybe someone can make a Bayonetta mod where she's reskined as Yukako.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

onepixeljumpman
Jun 23, 2010

There's going to be one of these once a week on Fridays for the next three weeks each focused on a core main party member. This week's Joseph, next is Abdul, then Kakyoin, then Polnareff.

Unshou Ishizuka sounds as wonderful as I'd hoped. :allears:

onepixeljumpman
Jun 23, 2010

Kurtofan posted:

We're probably getting a new PV tomorrow right?

For those of us in the States, Abdul's PV should be out sometime a little past midnight tonight.

onepixeljumpman
Jun 23, 2010

Tobaccrow posted:

There's also a JoJo card game. It's where we got a first glimpse of Jotaro and P3-DIO in the style of the TV series.

Was that a real deal card game? I thought that was just a what if style project because the site I found them on took them a down a while ago.

Also, the flow on Jotaro getting slammed against the wall. :allears: Please don't be a fluke, please don't be a fluke.

onepixeljumpman
Jun 23, 2010

Ibram Gaunt posted:

I just recently caught up with Jojolion and now I'm kind of starved for more JoJos, is any of the side material worth reading? I dunno what's translated and what isn't.

I would read the Rohan Kishibe stories, particularly the Village of Millionaires one.

onepixeljumpman
Jun 23, 2010

Momomo posted:

Then he actively refuses to ever use the thing other than when he really needs to, so he can stop it less and less. It felt like something Jotaro really wasn't supposed to be known for, and just kind of a thing he can pull out.

No, he eventually perfects the skill to be able to use to the maximum human potential of 5 seconds. Using it like that wears him down so he can't do it for as long in rapid succession, but he got good at it.

onepixeljumpman
Jun 23, 2010

boredsatellite posted:

Hashimoto Jin as in the person who did the Karmen Rider music? If so that's definitely promising. And I approve of the song title greatly

The very same. Look up songs from Agito and you'll just stumble onto something he sang.

onepixeljumpman
Jun 23, 2010

If I had to guess, it might be a promo image for a JoJo art tour, "JoJo The World Tour," that's starting across Japan on the 29th.

onepixeljumpman
Jun 23, 2010

mikeycp posted:

I wondered that for a while, then came to the conclusion that it's a hat shaped pompadour.

Are the metal parts also hair? Like maybe super hardened with gel and dyed blond?

onepixeljumpman
Jun 23, 2010

Kabanaw posted:

We saw last chapter that he can break his body up into puzzle pieces and reform it elsewhere. It's how he opened the hatch.

That probably compliments the tracking power since it can break apart to follow things through abnormal areas. But the breaking up and having what looks like about Norisuke's level of strength has a lot of creative fighting potential, so the ideal JoJo zone.

onepixeljumpman
Jun 23, 2010

And the JoJolion version of Killer Queen only has the adjusted power of shooting air bubbles that are bombs. Like KQ Classic with Stray Cat.

^ Yeah, that. loving timing. :argh:

onepixeljumpman
Jun 23, 2010

Dark_Tzitzimine posted:

He could always run a repair shop on the side :v:

Mob needs a front.

Speaking of Passione, once Giorno got them out of the drug racket, what do you think they did? Protection racket from "rogue" stand users?

onepixeljumpman
Jun 23, 2010

Soulcleaver posted:

What was the one video that animated part 6 characters to the tune of the Ghost in the Shell Stand Alone Complex opening? I can't find it on Youtube.

Wasn't that Eva, not GITS?

onepixeljumpman
Jun 23, 2010

Volcano Style posted:

I have no idea how many of you guys are tabletop/pen and paper players, but I've been working on a JoJo RPG for the past week or so. I'm just testing it to make sure Stands aren't broken (in the bad way) and then I'll see if there's interest in a playtest or something.

I've been considering getting into tabletop. Playing with a lore/world set I'm already familiar with might make that easier.

onepixeljumpman
Jun 23, 2010

SunAndSpring posted:

The fan favorites amongst Western fans are Steel Ball Run and Diamond is Unbreakable, while the Japanese like Vento Aureo a lot.

The fangirls do at least. Pretty boys will win you a lot of fujoshi clout, but it's usually all about Part 3 otherwise.

But around here it tends to be Parts 4 and 7. 7 is generally considered to be the most solidly written JoJo, but I've always preferred 4 because I think JoJo functions better as a setting than for plot.

onepixeljumpman
Jun 23, 2010

Orgia Carnaval posted:

the train fight, holy poo poo the train fight.

This for Part 5. If you're unsure on it, at least read this far because it's one of the best fights in the whole of JoJo.

onepixeljumpman
Jun 23, 2010

Brought To You By posted:

I honestly like part 1 a lot just because Johnathan is such a likable character.

You are the only person I've ever heard say that. Everyone else I've heard, Araki included, thinks Jonathan was a particularly uninteresting exercise in shonen protagonist 101.

onepixeljumpman
Jun 23, 2010

Brought To You By posted:

No I agree with that sentiment. Johnathan is very plain and straightforward character as were a lot of others in Phantom Blood. Araki was playing the shonen genre conventions pretty straight but I guess I kind of like having a character who is unambiguously a gentleman and honorable person. He's good enough for what he does and his admirable qualities are a lot more endearing than most would give him credit for.

Oh, I'm not trying to give you poo poo for liking Jonathan. I think he's fine if a little too flat. I'm just not used to people cheering him on over Joseph/Josuke/Jolyne/Gyro, and Jonathan, unfortunately for him, has to be compared to those that followed.

Supersonic Shine posted:

Imagine if Kira slipped in a reference to "the brat with the god-awful hair" in his rant to Hayato. He would have spent the rest of eternity as a fancy watch.

And then Josuke gives it to his mom or Koichi gives it to Yukako or Hayato gives it to his mom so Kira can be always near his goal but never able to obtain it.

onepixeljumpman
Jun 23, 2010

Hobgoblin2099 posted:

I cannot believe I have to go through two more parts before I can read this.

While you can read how you want, don't feel so restricted. When I read for the first time, I went 5 1 2 7 6 3 4. JoJo parts being largely self contained is one of the best things about the series. And I know someone will probably say something about the effect of what was brought over being lost, but that never bothered me while reading.

onepixeljumpman
Jun 23, 2010

Dred Cosmonaut posted:

why would you read it in such a retarded order

Because, like I said, who gives a poo poo?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

onepixeljumpman
Jun 23, 2010

T.G. Xarbala posted:

Beyond that, though, I can't really bring any strong feelings to the matter. So someone reads it out of order like a crazy person, big whoop.

Like I said, someone will be bothered by the idea, but it didn't bother me then and still doesn't bother me now. I'll yield on 7 before 8, but if you're restless about waiting for SBR, then read SBR. You'll be fine.

• Locked thread