Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Big Anime Fan Here
Sep 8, 2010

by XyloJW
Part 5 also gave the main cast pretty restrained stands powerlevel wise other than Gold Experience and Purple Haze which only showed up once anyway. I'm pretty sure part of the reason Araki has Fugo leave the cast is because it'd be hard to make up excuses for Purple Haze not killing every adversary.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Big Anime Fan Here
Sep 8, 2010

by XyloJW

Broseph Brostar posted:

I will accept no less than fives Dios :colbert:. We need Dio Brando, DIO, Diego with Scary Monsters, Diego with The World, and Johnny/Jesus DIO from Jojolion.

Hell while we're at it, how about Dio's head in a jar carried by Wang Chung, premask rear end in a top hat Dio with boxing moves and dog kicking, Diego with no stand, and throw in shadow Dio for shits and giggles.

E: punctuation

Dio's Bone from Stone Ocean with Green Baby transformation super

Big Anime Fan Here
Sep 8, 2010

by XyloJW
Lmao seems good...

Big Anime Fan Here
Sep 8, 2010

by XyloJW
They'll probably just go the Seth route for and give him low health/low damage and hope it balances out

Big Anime Fan Here
Sep 8, 2010

by XyloJW
Slow projectiles are good tools in most fighting games. From the video it looked like Abdul could shoot a crossfire hurricane and then dash up behind it, using it to cover his approach. You really can't judge anything about the level of gameplay available based on these videos, its just a way for them to show off the characters and stages.

Big Anime Fan Here
Sep 8, 2010

by XyloJW

Kaiser Mazoku posted:

Diego is both a separate enough character from Dio and important enough to warrant being in ASB. Hell, if Akira can get in, there's no good reason why Diego shouldn't get in.

Equipped with a super that just changes his fun Dinosaur and horse mechanics into The World, again, for like the 5th time.

Big Anime Fan Here
Sep 8, 2010

by XyloJW
Jotaro also has a special button combo he can press during DIO's steam roller super to negate part of the damage. Basically what I'm saying is the game is cool and fun with lots of character diversity and silly stuff to do and look at and I play fighting games "for serious" but I'm not looking for the Jojo's button masher or DBZ Budokai to be anything other than a good fun time of watching Goku and Jotaro do the moves.

Big Anime Fan Here
Sep 8, 2010

by XyloJW
Gotta have my rods

Big Anime Fan Here
Sep 8, 2010

by XyloJW

mr. stefan posted:

The ever-increasing specificity of JJBA powers will reach a head when the next JoJo's stand's sole power will be to create comically-oversized bath tub drains on any surface.

Part 8 has super goofy stands right now but none of them are as stupid as Tubular Bells.

Big Anime Fan Here
Sep 8, 2010

by XyloJW
I just want them to animate the fight where Polnareff poops in the bath and 9 year old Jotaro punches out the child murderer

Big Anime Fan Here
Sep 8, 2010

by XyloJW
anime has power beyond death

Big Anime Fan Here
Sep 8, 2010

by XyloJW

Cipher Pol 9 posted:

Yeah, the bubble bombs were Killer Queen, the Kira of this world. Bomb-touch and time travel were the powers of Part 4's Yoshikage Kira, this world's Kira doesn't/didn't have the exact same power.

EDIT: Beaten like both Kiras. But yeah, we don't know who could steal things yet.

It's a white snake/killer queen combo

Big Anime Fan Here
Sep 8, 2010

by XyloJW
pucchi died on the way back to his home planet

Big Anime Fan Here
Sep 8, 2010

by XyloJW
Jojo's is cool because instead of power levels increasing over chapters until it's absurd like in most shonen style mangas, the powers just get increasingly convoluted until its really hard to tell what's happening or why and Stone Ocean is basically the epitome of this phenomena.

Big Anime Fan Here
Sep 8, 2010

by XyloJW

amuayse posted:

What would happen if Pocoloco fought Love Train Valentine?

His stand would keep him from encountering Love Train duh.

Big Anime Fan Here
Sep 8, 2010

by XyloJW

FirstAidKite posted:

I never said he was any good to begin with :v:

Seriously, from this

to this

Jesus Christ araki :anime:

lmao Araki is cool. I love and want to marry him.

Big Anime Fan Here
Sep 8, 2010

by XyloJW
It was better when the series was focused on hot teen jugs instead of this mystery imo.

Big Anime Fan Here
Sep 8, 2010

by XyloJW
Killing of Harvest serves the plot in a similar way to having Purple Haze leave the party. If Harvest is alive, there's not a coherent reason for them to not just send Harvest out to hunt down all the villains and find them in one day.

Big Anime Fan Here
Sep 8, 2010

by XyloJW

Thirty-Five Minutes posted:

Yeah, I feel weird about old Joseph cheating on his wife too. But Ask Jojos posted this a few days ago, and I found it weirdly plausible.

Actually the plot is that Josuke's mom is hot.

Big Anime Fan Here
Sep 8, 2010

by XyloJW
It's functionally the same as The World but even better

Big Anime Fan Here
Sep 8, 2010

by XyloJW

a cartoon duck posted:

it's pretty silly to expect THE WORLD to accommodate you

Big Anime Fan Here
Sep 8, 2010

by XyloJW
The part 5 gang goes harder than any other Jojo crew and don't loving play games

Big Anime Fan Here
Sep 8, 2010

by XyloJW
Too bad the cast of part 6 loses

Big Anime Fan Here
Sep 8, 2010

by XyloJW

FirstAidKite posted:

Stone Ocean: I can't actually think of anyone here who dies and then comes back to life as a plot point. Maybe Jotaro if you want to stretch death to include being a vegetable.

actually, everyone in the whole universe dies and comes back

Big Anime Fan Here
Sep 8, 2010

by XyloJW

Steve Jorbs posted:

So whatever happened to Jonathan's head?

I guarantee you that DIO ate it in a homoerotic way

Big Anime Fan Here
Sep 8, 2010

by XyloJW
Part 5 is sick. They fight Magneto, Ice Man, even stronger The World, and a special friend from part 3 makes a great appearance. It has the best dance, Notorious B.I.G., and a powerful zipperman who gives it his all

Big Anime Fan Here
Sep 8, 2010

by XyloJW
Hey, just realized that during the Paper Moon arc of Jojolion I forgot to say Barnacle Jostar has a Duwang face. Well, thanks

Big Anime Fan Here
Sep 8, 2010

by XyloJW
I don't care OP but congratulations on finding an inconsistency in the manga where the author routinely changes the rules put forth because he "forgot" or "just liked it"

Big Anime Fan Here
Sep 8, 2010

by XyloJW
Pocoloco does get closure. He wins the race. His stand power is that he has perfect luck and only good things happen to him so he never gets involved in any confrontations and just wins.

Big Anime Fan Here
Sep 8, 2010

by XyloJW
Nice trigger finger

Big Anime Fan Here
Sep 8, 2010

by XyloJW

Dred Cosmonaut posted:

Huge fist of the north star motherfuckers is better than pretty boy twinks

I want to kiss both of them, actually.

Big Anime Fan Here
Sep 8, 2010

by XyloJW
Actually, the part where the Old Man talks about drinking his pee and has a magic radar that tells people where there is a good place to stand, just in general, is good.

Big Anime Fan Here
Sep 8, 2010

by XyloJW

Voted Worst Mom posted:

So I just finished part 3 and I don't understand why jotaro is able move during the world's time stop or how he can stop time himself.

It's a manga.

Big Anime Fan Here
Sep 8, 2010

by XyloJW
Beating Diavolo was going to be easy except Polnareff can't stop loving up

Big Anime Fan Here
Sep 8, 2010

by XyloJW
Both mangaka are big on body horror so that's not a surprise

Big Anime Fan Here
Sep 8, 2010

by XyloJW
Looking back on it a lot of the panels from the Sports Max fight looked straight out of Ito

Big Anime Fan Here
Sep 8, 2010

by XyloJW
He got hot with special powers

Big Anime Fan Here
Sep 8, 2010

by XyloJW

Butt Ghost posted:

What the gently caress!? No way! No loving way.

http://i.imgur.com/J66wt4K.png

unlike the whole crew of 3 it takes johnny like 10 minutes to figure it out and beat it

Big Anime Fan Here
Sep 8, 2010

by XyloJW
oh yah I guess all he does is succeed in not dying

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Big Anime Fan Here
Sep 8, 2010

by XyloJW
I like the horny first lady

• Locked thread