Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Simon The Digger
Dec 23, 2010

Some Kind of Magical Idiot

I tried this out yesterday and it seems pretty neat so far, but how the hell do I save my game?

Also, be wary of glitches. The status menu randomly locks up, and if you don't hit Start immediately as the opening "Jotaro in jail" cutscene plays at the title screen, both the main menu and the first screen of the actual game get really bad graphical glitches.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Simon The Digger
Dec 23, 2010

Juda would just be a sentient, ambulatory feather boa.

Simon The Digger
Dec 23, 2010

So I was playing The 7th Stand User recently and I stumbled upon a secret area. Before you leave for Egypt, if you check the weird doorless brick building below the restaurant and inn, there's a suspicious blank spot on the wall. If you walk up to it a knocking sound will play. Keep walking into it/interacting with it and eventually you'll enter Emporio's room, with a computer he won't let you touch, a sink that produces infinite Bottled Water items, and a room that lets you talk to the ghosts of dead villains. Surprisingly enough Dario Brando's there, still being a huge shitlord.

Simon The Digger
Dec 23, 2010

Nahxela posted:

Random 7th Jojo question, does eating at Tonio's give you stat boosts, or is he just a full heal?

Tonio's whole deal is that after leaving Japan, you can find him running around like a coked-up squirrel (seriously why does he move so fast) in the various cities you travel to. In Japan he had an actual menu for his sit-down meals, which as far as I know just heal you and don't buff your stats, but when you find him around the world he just fully heals your party's HP and SP for 700 G. His takeout meals are pretty great; his Lamb and Applesauce takeout meal is basically just an Elixir, so if you get the chance to, you should grab a few of those.

Simon The Digger
Dec 23, 2010

For folks that haven't been keeping up with the 7th Stand User Wiki (here), the game's translator recently posted a guide to gaming Abdul's personality quiz so that you can get the Stand you want right away. It's better to do that than to go to Cinderella to change your Stand because according to the guide the answers you give also boost your stats, and those stat boosts are lost if you use Cinderella.

Simon The Digger
Dec 23, 2010

darealkooky posted:

it's specifically Kira, and you need to check it either in the house or just in japan.

it does exactly what you think it does, and he blew me up for about twice my HP before I could even move so it's very much a NG+ thing

speaking of NG+ I also ran into diavlo, although I'm not sure why. dude basically just hung out yelling at me at long range, before suddenly coming close and punching me in the chest for tons of damage and one shoting me

It turns out that the Bizarre Memo stays in your inventory until you reach the Harbor (which is where the game gives you free access to the other party members for the first time) so you can summon Kira in Hong Kong if you want.

NINJA EDIT: I just made it to the Harbor and the Bizarre Memo is still in my inventory. I'm gonna do some more experiments and see exactly when it leaves your inventory.

Simon The Digger fucked around with this message at 23:09 on Oct 12, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Simon The Digger
Dec 23, 2010

Hypocrisy posted:

I am in Egypt and it is still in my inventory. I don't think you ever lose it.

That's weird. I have a save that's at Cairo and the memo's not in my inventory. Maybe it got removed from my inventory due to a bug, possibly related to the fact that I took the Follow Polnareff/Submarine Route. If you're supposed to always have it, though, then I guess that means that you could summon and fight Kira whenever you wanted, including at the end of the game when you're actually at a high enough level to beat him.

• Locked thread