Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
NovaPolice
May 9, 2006

Cerebral Bore posted:

The best part of SBR was probably Johnny and Gyro's excellent bromance. Araki could have dropped the plot and fights entirely and just made a roadmovie type story with those two and I'd still read it no questions asked.

I liked that J & G were both JoJo-style masters of improvisational combat planning and top racers, but outside of that they were rather dopey in a fun way.

Also I've spent the past week shotgunning parts 5, 6, and 7 (resuming the series after quitting midway in Vento Aureo) and I think I'm going to have a beautiful aneurysm but before that I can't decide if I liked 6 or 7 more. I mean, I love Jolyne and co's all-out war against the extreme conclusion of insane Stand powers, but then 7 just had a great road story with a strong finish.

(big spoilers for Steel Ball Run)
I loved that it appears that a Zeppeli dying heroically and Dio being an rear end in a top hat are universal constants, like gravity and [Spin]. I also loved how Johnny was actually a rather uncertain, emotionally hurt hero that still gives his all, like the eponymous protagonist of Kaiji. It was a nice contrast to the confident heroes Araki writes about (and what battle-comics in general have); also I just like stories where a "sidekick" character turns out to the be the real protagonist. And, I'm still flipping out about the 23rd President of the United States dramatically intoning "Dirty Deeds Done Dirt Cheap" in a psychic battle and the majestic Diononychus antirrhopus, known for its markings shaped like DIO, its megalomania, and its infectious dinosaurism.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NovaPolice
May 9, 2006

Meme Emulator posted:

The little dinosaurs in the part 7 poster is the best part.

Also loving: the snail getting punched out, the line-up of referential character designs including Chef Excellence, Joespshiro's frown being upside down.

NovaPolice
May 9, 2006

WE ARE RICH

NovaPolice
May 9, 2006
It was a pretty good doujin.

Anyways:

NovaPolice
May 9, 2006

Jojolion you keep getting better, please continue greating away

Anyway, the final boss will be Jesus' head on Johnny's body, which is then merged with this reality's version of Okuyasu for some reason.

NovaPolice
May 9, 2006

HitTheTargets posted:

I just want goofy stuff, like young Joseph with Hermit Purple or Pucci trying to recruit Giorno to fight Jolyne.

Somewhere, there should be a story about Giorno going to Miami to see Universal Studios or something and just completely missing out on this whole "Stone Ocean" business.

NovaPolice
May 9, 2006
I'd rather have the Steel Ball Run style reboot of Battle Tendency, where the ancient president of Mexico and his glorious yet sinister cabinet must be outwitted for South America's ultimate prize...

(every continent should have an insane secret on the level of SBR's goal)

NovaPolice
May 9, 2006
Wasn't there some weirdness in a collection's side-details section or a light novel or something saying that Gio was the only person besides Pucci and Emporio to be outside of Made in Heaven's effects due to GER? Or am I like completely misremembering some fan's theory?

Regardless; agreeing with Soulcleaver on how everything should be like SBR; a more coherent reinterpretation of Le Bizzarre Avventure di GioGio would be great. Through, I also wouldn't mind the next arc of JoJo to be an original one and not a strange reflection of a previous arc like Steel Ball Run/Phantom Blood and JoJolion/Diamond is Unbreakable.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NovaPolice
May 9, 2006
All horses bow to Mountain Tim, so you know he's an authority on weirdness.

• Locked thread