Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
The Black Stones
May 7, 2007

I POSTED WHAT NOW!?

OxeHunden posted:

Old stuff I've been watching for the 2nd, 3rd or more time; Hikaru No Go, Hajime No Ippo, .Hack//Sign, Death Note, Baki The Grappler, Neon Genesis Evangelion, Fafner, Planetes and Prince of Tennis +++
Hopefully someone has some good suggestions to keep my running nose company this easter, as the tv will be my best friend.

Since you have a bunch of sports stuff on the list. I'd suggest watching Chihayafuru

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Black Stones
May 7, 2007

I POSTED WHAT NOW!?

SpaceMost posted:

e. Also, if anyone could recommend a line on Beck: Mongolian Chop Squad volumes, that'd be great. I think it's out of print now and I'm not a fan of buying off Amazon merchants, but I only have up to Volume 5.

It's out of print and was never finished, Tokyopop going out of the game and all that. Don't bother.

The Black Stones
May 7, 2007

I POSTED WHAT NOW!?

Keyboard Kid posted:

Just bad. Terrible show with an abysmal ending and easily the worst thing to ever touch Noitamina.

WHOAH THERE. Guilty Crown aired on NoitaminA, let's not say anything we can't take back now.

(Also, Fractale)

The Black Stones
May 7, 2007

I POSTED WHAT NOW!?

DamnGlitch posted:

Guilty Crown and Fractale were both pretty entertaining. I can understand not liking GC for being a pretty blatant Code Geass clone, but what was wrong with Fractale?

[I mean, aside for not being remotely what the creator hyped it up to be]

I didn't like Guilty Crown not because it ripped off of Code Geass, I didn't like it because it's the stupidest loving thing ever. The characters constantly made idiotic decisions, and suffered from the biggest case of personality whiplash I've ever seen in the extremes "Hey, I'm going to be a cruel dictator here, whoops didn't work out so now I'M JESUS". The whole thing is completely moronic that's only alleviated by decent animation and the occasional bit of fun craziness, but since I don't do the whole "It's so bad it's good!" shtick some people do with things I thought it was completely bad.

As far as Fractale? I didn't even finish that, it was absolutely boring

With [C], it definitely poo poo the bed on the ending but I could at least see it trying to be good and fun, and it had a really unique art-style that I liked and an interesting concept. That puts it above uninspired garbage like Guilty Crown anyday. Guilty Crown is terrible. I never finished Fractale so it's just me personally on that one, but there's no way I'd agree with [C] being worse than loving Guilty Crown.

The Black Stones
May 7, 2007

I POSTED WHAT NOW!?

Redcrimson posted:

Between the CLAMP designs and the hammy acting, Code Geass at least seemed self-aware about how stupid and absurd it was. Guilty Crown wanted you to take it dead serious despite how vapid and shamelessly paint-by-numbers the whole thing was.

Yeah, I think that's right and exactly why I like Code Geass, and hate Guilty Crown.

The Black Stones
May 7, 2007

I POSTED WHAT NOW!?

Smoking Crow posted:

All of these shows seem super depressing. Do you have any quirky slice of life stuff that involves romance and ridiculously happy characters? I wish I had something to compare it to, but I've already played most of my cards in my first post.

Edit: I take that back. I really like Robotics;Notes. I want one with a character as happy as Akiho.

Okay, do you want a show that just has romance and happy characters? Or you want quirkly and happy, but also with a horribly broken main character? Becuase if it's the second there is close to nothing that I can think of that would fit the bill because that character type and that style of story telling does not go together at all.

The Black Stones
May 7, 2007

I POSTED WHAT NOW!?

Cityinthesea posted:

I'm looking for something with... interesting characters (and a focus on them). My two favorite shows are probably Steins;Gate and Bodacious Space Pirates; they're different in tone, but they both have a focus on the cast rather than the plot machinations, for the most part.

I hope this isn't too vague?

Space Bros which is currently airing (and still ongoing at 50+ episodes)

Black Lagoon if you want something with some action mixed in

and I really think FLAG is a must watch if you can get past the shaky-cam type effect.

The Black Stones
May 7, 2007

I POSTED WHAT NOW!?

CommissarMega posted:

Okay, this might be a long shot, but does anyone have a recommendation for a good romantic (dark, slice of life- poo poo, I'll go for ecchi in a pinch) anime that has really sappy, happy endings? I'm talking shouted declarations of love, happy smiles all around, tears of joy, deep kisses only broken when they come up for breath, hugging, soaring music, cherry blossom petals every-loving-where, "And they lived happily ever after", the WORKS. Again, genre or even level of fanservice doesn't matter, and hell, neither does the orientation of the characters. Just an awesome love story with a gloriously happy ending.

Bonus points if it has metal as a soundtrack, but that's less 'recommend me an anime' and more 'if I won all the lotteries, this is the anime I'd make'.

Emma: A Victorian Romance is the very first thing that comes to mind, but don't go expecting any Metal soundtracks.

After that, It's been a LONG time since I've seen it but maybe Peach Girl and I'd also recommend Toradora as well.

The Black Stones
May 7, 2007

I POSTED WHAT NOW!?
E7:AO was one of the biggest pieces of poo poo I've seen. It starts off good and then just goes down until it hits dirt, then it starts digging.

The Black Stones
May 7, 2007

I POSTED WHAT NOW!?

Corte posted:

Just finished rewatching Samurai Champloo and looking for something in the same vein if possible, I've already watched Cowboy Bebop, Trigun and Fullmetal Alchemist which I figure would be go to recommendations. The recommendations in the wiki don't really sound like what I'm looking for either. Basically want something more adult that doesn't center around children and isn't just silly. I did some searching on myanimelist.net and the only thing that really stood out was Rurouni Kenshin but from what I know of it it doesn't strike me as in the same vein as the animes I've mentioned.

Black Lagoon

The Black Stones
May 7, 2007

I POSTED WHAT NOW!?

Corte posted:

Black Lagoon and Baccano definitely seem like shows I'll be into though I don't think they will have the same feel as the anime I listed. Which is okay I have to imagine I'm not doing the best job describing what exactly I'm looking for! I think what I really like about them is that the story is a journey and consists of characters I am able to become invested in. Also the art is gorgeous and the action entertaining.

Oh, then I'll change my answer to Moribito. Go watch that, it's amazing. I'd also recommend Escaflowne if you haven't seen it yet (TV, not movie).

Edit: GiTS:SAC is very different from the movie and I like it a lot better, but it's not really want you're looking for from your updated description. Should still watch it anyways.

The Black Stones
May 7, 2007

I POSTED WHAT NOW!?
I'm of the same boat to ignore the second half of the first FMA, but because even when it was the only FMA anime around I hated the second half. It just seemed to gigantically contradict the first half and characters acted in ways I thought they never would have, finding out that they started to stray from the source material made it all make sense. I hated the ending, and appreciate Brotherhood because even though the first half is weak, it's way better on the whole.

The Black Stones
May 7, 2007

I POSTED WHAT NOW!?

Ed Mungo posted:

I've been checking out posted recommendations looking for good stuff I might have missed (have seen most of what tends to be recommended); just gave this a shot and couldn't make it through the second episode. I got to the cat-maid cafe scene and had enough. Disappointing, because I like shows with older characters and the design of the main guy caught my eye.

Real edit: To clarify, I was more put off by the female characters in S;G than anything. It was starting to smell like a harem, especially the way most of them seemed to be standard dating sim personality types. I just don't have a lot of patience for that kind of stuff and it can ruin a show for me very quickly.

You gave up way too quick. Yeah, there's a good bit of female characters, but it doesn't ever go into harem territory and the show starts off a bit slow but jumps into full speed pretty shortly. It certainly isn't going to be everyone's thing, but you should give it more of a chance.

The Black Stones
May 7, 2007

I POSTED WHAT NOW!?

Ibram Gaunt posted:

So I just finished Jormungand and despite some issues with the ending I thought it was pretty much awesome from start to finish. Are there any other shows (manga is fine too) that are similar? I hear people throw around Black Lagoon and I actually have the dub of it sitting on my bookshelf but I never ended up watching it, but besides that is there anything else I should look into?

I saw Jormungand as a weaker Black Lagoon. So if you're looking for that, but even better, seriously go and watch Black Lagoon because it's really, really good.

Edit: The dub is also really good, and I was so happy when Funimation said they managed to get them back.

The Black Stones
May 7, 2007

I POSTED WHAT NOW!?

Bruc posted:

This may not be the best thread for it but is Eureka 7 AO worth watching if I enjoyed the original? I watched the first episode of it last night and didn't really know what to make of it.

NOPE. Do not bother with the show at all.

The Black Stones
May 7, 2007

I POSTED WHAT NOW!?

Corte posted:

Back again to take advantage of your fabulous suggestions.

What I loved about the animes I listed(notable expceptions being Toradora and K-On obviously) are the following:
-mysterious pasts that you learn about over the length of the show
-interesting and complex characters
-smooth over-arcing plot that doesn't always dominate the story but has some substance to it
-good balance between comedy, action and emotional moments
-gorgeous artwork
-mature themes
-great music

I'd suggest checking out

Darker Than Black
Vision of Escaflowne (doesn't hit ALL the requirements, but most of them)
Ergo Proxy

The Black Stones
May 7, 2007

I POSTED WHAT NOW!?

StandardVC10 posted:

While looking for the most recent episode of The Devil is a Part Timer, I found that Funimation has some episodes of Minami-ke on its streaming list. But only something like eight, and only really high numbered ones. I'm not sure if the show would be my thing anyway, but if I did want to watch it I would prefer to know where the rest of it is- does Funimation have the earlier episodes also or is it one of those piecemeal arrangements?

They only got the newest season.

The Black Stones
May 7, 2007

I POSTED WHAT NOW!?

KiddieGrinder posted:

Recommend me a good military anime that's somewhat down to earth and realistic. Mechas are alright but no Voltron type MEGA TRANSFORM MODE GO stuff.

I enjoyed the game Valkyria Chronicles for the PS3 but never watched the anime because I don't like subtitles.

So; military (ideally WW2 or something similar?), realistic, and dubbed reasonably well.

Any ideas?

Worst case scenario I'll go with subtitles.

Thanks!

I don't know of anything that matches all the criteria perfectly. The only 2 that jumped to my head is FLAG (modern day but has 2 mechs in it, mechs don't transform or anything and are made to be somewhat believable). Also there's an anime called Zipang which deals with WW2 stuff but it involves time travel and I have not seen it and cannot vouch for its quality.

Also the Valkyria Chronicles anime wasn't good at all so you dodged a bullet.

The Black Stones
May 7, 2007

I POSTED WHAT NOW!?

Mercrom posted:

I really liked the first 14 episodes of Death Note. I wanted to watch something else with a magnificent bastard of a main character, so I watched the 3 episodes of Code Geass. It's like everything terrible about anime except pedophilia combined in one gigantic clusterfuck, and so far it is the worst anime I have ever seen. Does it get better or what?

Here's the tip for how to enjoy Code Geass: Do not take it seriously one bit and enjoy that it's intentionally trying to be as over the top as possible in a fun way.

The Black Stones
May 7, 2007

I POSTED WHAT NOW!?

Barent posted:

Are there any more shows where a romantic relationship actually starts and develops as the show is still going? You know, instead of just starting right as the show ends. I haven't seen much, the only thing I can think of is Sword Art Online.

Paradise Kiss and NANA are fantastic shows. Big downside to them is in the first show's case the ending was rushed a bit, and in the second show's case it never finished, but still drat good regardless.

(The manga for PK is pretty much incredible and has no flaws, but the NANA manga is still unfinished thanks to the author having major health problems and is uncertain if she will ever return, but has drawn a teeny tiny bit since then which is hopeful)

The Black Stones
May 7, 2007

I POSTED WHAT NOW!?

Sinking Ship posted:

In my quest to find something similar I ended up watching a bit of shoujo anime, namely My little monster and Say 'I love you' because they were both on CR and I'm lazy at best. Anyway I found Say 'I love you' at least to have a lead character who was extremely similar (initially) to Hachiman (ie they were both morose and anti-social without seeing it as a character defect) then it went off to be about love and growth or something (haven't finished it yet to be completely honest) - so it's kinda what I was looking for.

I'm a man and as such I've never bothered watching anything that would fall under the shoujo umbrella but because I'm sort of burned out on other types of anime at the moment I was hoping that maybe I could be pointed toward anything that's considered to be high quality in the genre because trying to 3 episode test everything that the internet has tagged as shoujo would take forever. I don't really have anything super specific I'm looking for - though modern ('06 and up?) animation is a plus for me - I really don't feel I know enough to try to narrow down my search, those 2 shows I mentioned are literally the only shoujo I've ever seen. I guess I'm just hoping there are some shoujo shows that meet with near universal goon approval ala Legend of Galactic Heros because goons generally don't steer me wrong.

Paradise Kiss is a must and it's what got me into Shoujo to begin with, but if you like the anime at all, PLEASE pick up Vertical's release of the manga because the manga is better and Vertical's release is amazing.

If you get into that, I'd recommend looking into NANA as well with the warning that it doesn't end because of author issues (anime/manga are both amazing though). I'm probably guessing that you probably didn't watch too much Drama type anime to begin with? Because if that's the case I'd recommend watching Honey and Clover, Bunny Drop(anime only), and perhaps Sweet Blue Flowers as well.

If you haven't and like music, I'd recommend watching Beck: Mongolian Chop Squad as it's amazing, but I'm a weirdo who thinks the dub was amazing and you should watch it dubbed.

The Black Stones
May 7, 2007

I POSTED WHAT NOW!?

Stalins Moustache posted:

And does anyone have any recommendations for any good romance animes? Preferably ones that does not become all moe and poo poo.

Once again I will recommend Paradise Kiss and NANA (again with the caveat that it does not really end)

Kimi Ni Todoke is good, but is pretty standard and is pretty much the pinnacle of "hand holding is like sex" that Shoujo goes through. If you're looking for teen sex comedy type anime, there's always B Gata H Kei as well (also called Yamada's First Time for the Funimation release).

The Black Stones
May 7, 2007

I POSTED WHAT NOW!?

Captain Invictus posted:

Holy smokes, this poo poo's got like 300 chapters. Is it actually any good, or is it Status Quo Hell?

No clue, I just watched the anime. Considering how the anime ended though, I will say "Yes" for Status Quo hell, but the anime lasted just long enough to not get bored with how things were going. Just watch that.

The Black Stones
May 7, 2007

I POSTED WHAT NOW!?

a kitten posted:

While it is set in high school, the characters and their interaction is a large part of what makes Chihayafuru so great. (The other parts are: fantastic animation, direction, music, writing and voice work)

I will second this recommendation. Chihayafuru is a high-school show that doesn't feel stale because everything just clicks incredibly well.

The Black Stones
May 7, 2007

I POSTED WHAT NOW!?

Help Im Alive posted:

I was into anime for a little while a few years ago but I haven't seen all that much (I watched Cowboy Bebop/Welcome to the NHK and a bunch of movies like Paprika/Perfect Blue/Grave of the Fireflies. I also read Death Note and liked that a lot) Then out of nowhere a couple of weeks ago I somehow started watching Chihayafuru which I loved and I don't really know where to go from that. I guess I'm open to just about anything but I'd prefer some kind of drama. (Also I'm usually not all that into actiony/fantasy stuff if that helps)

The Devil Tesla threw out some good picks, but I'll also recommend

Paradise Kiss - It's super fantastic, but the anime suffers from a rushed ending. So if you love it, go read the manga, because as good as the anime is (and it is good) the manga is just that much better.

Beck: Mongolian Chop Squad - I absolutely adore this show and have seen it probably 3-4 times now. I would super recommend watching it dubbed because Funimation did an amazing job with it and it fits so much better than having engrish everywhere. The songs are in english and are really good as well.

Bunny Drop - Watch the anime, stay the gently caress away from the manga.

The Black Stones
May 7, 2007

I POSTED WHAT NOW!?

a kitten posted:

I want something that is both sad and good.

Here's some examples that are sort of what I'm looking for(in no particular order):
Everything by Makoto Shinkai but especially 5cm per second and Voices of a Distant Star, AnoHana, CLANNAD, Now and Then; Here and There, and Grave of the Fireflies.

However, I'm easily wrapped up and manipulated by storytelling so I've also cried at various points in all sorts of other stories including but definitely not limited to: Paradise Kiss, Honey & Clover, Aoi Hana, Haibane Renmei, and Madoka Magica.

It's more uplifting than it ever is sad, but it does have some really good sad moments in it. I'd highly recommend Beck: Mongolian Chop Squad which is by the same director of Paradise Kiss. There's some scenes that just hit you incredibly hard and have stuck with me to this day and I've seen the show about 3 times over now. Highly recommended.

The Black Stones
May 7, 2007

I POSTED WHAT NOW!?

ShadowMoo posted:

Any good philosophical/brain food/mental masturbation anime like GITS or FLCL made in the past 2-3 years? Tried looking in the wiki but it did not have this category.

not sure what you're quite looking for as you've mentioned Kill la Kill and Kyousougiga (which I haven't watched) but have you tried the Monogatari series? Bake, Nise, and the current run of Monogatari: Second Season sounds like it might be up your alley. Warning though, you have to have a tolerance for a bit of creepyness here and there from the main character, especially in Nise.

The Black Stones
May 7, 2007

I POSTED WHAT NOW!?

Chas McGill posted:

Is Witch Hunter Robin any good?

I've seen it...twice, 3 times maybe? Here's my answer.

Not really. It does a monster of the week thing for a bit before it goes full gear into story which I've seen people online complain about. It's kind of interesting with some good ideas behind it, and I think that anime from its era had a bit of a look to it that is lacking from anime today, but at the end of the day it didn't do anything special. I like it for what it is, and I bought it for around 20$ so can't go wrong there.

At worst, I'd say watch a couple of episodes and see if you're interested. If anything, if your ever bored and are desperate for something to watch give it a shot, you can do much much worse than Witch Hunter Robin.

The Black Stones
May 7, 2007

I POSTED WHAT NOW!?

Thunderfinger posted:

So I had watched Aoi Hana and Sasameki Koto and thought they were alright, anything else like that?

Anime-wise? Not really, there is "Maria Watches Over Us" (Maria-sama ga Miteru) which has 4 seasons and is a pretty good show, but the relationships don't ever actually go anywhere because the whole show is very much about just about crushing on other girls and never ever actually doing anything about it.

The Black Stones
May 7, 2007

I POSTED WHAT NOW!?
I haven't watched any of Shinkai's later works after 5 c/m. I pretty much found out about him shortly before the movie came out and watched Voices, Places, and then 5 c/m all right after eachother and they pretty much followed a "Shinkai" formula where he creates some kind of special premise, and the has characters talk about feelings while gorgeous shots happen with no action because that costs money.

The movies look great and if you like what he does it's amazing, but I burned out quick on him and really got tired after seeing him repeat the same thing again and again, while I can watch a director like Hosoda make completely different movies while still having a touch that you can tell belongs to him.

The Black Stones
May 7, 2007

I POSTED WHAT NOW!?

WickedHate posted:

How's Sands of Destruction? The trailer makes it look pretty sweet, but I have concerns about a show made to promote a game. If it's not any good I'll probably replace it on my to buy with list with another cheap show on DVD, like Chrome Shelled Regios.

Not good.

They pretty much took a Wikipedia summary of the plot of the game, looked at it once and said "we got this" then proceeded to get drunk and then make the anime.

So anything that was good about the game? Not in the anime. The story for Sands of Destruction game was kind good from what I remember.

The Black Stones
May 7, 2007

I POSTED WHAT NOW!?

Oasx posted:

So I guess I am looking for a Science Fiction or Fantasy series that is fairly serious, or at least avoids the worst overtly cute things.

Since the Sci-Fi stuff has already been recommended, I'm reeeeaaaalllly going to suggest you watch Mushi-shi and Moribito ASAP.

The Black Stones
May 7, 2007

I POSTED WHAT NOW!?

Jabarto posted:

I've watched a little anime over the years, but I'm just now starting to really get into it, so I thought I'd ask for some recommendations.

Mostly I'm interested in comedies, and Cromartie High School is my favorite so far. The comedy section on ADTRWiki mentioned Astro Fighter Sunred, which looks really good, and Azumanga Daioh, which I don't think I can get into. Beyond that, Panty and Stocking and The Devil is a Part-Timer! were great, especially the latter. Anything involving parody or absurd humor is a big hit with me, so is there anything else that might fit in with what I listed here?

Maybe give Humanity has Declined a shot? It definitely has absurdist humour in spades.

The Black Stones
May 7, 2007

I POSTED WHAT NOW!?

ManOfTheYear posted:

I dislike manga and anime to a great degree, but I just read Azumanga Daioh and Yotsuba and those were just absolutely wonderful. Anything similiar out there? Nothing supernatural or high adventure, just fun stuff.

Watch/Read Hidamari Sketch because it's amazing.

The Black Stones
May 7, 2007

I POSTED WHAT NOW!?

Tuxedo Catfish posted:

Maybe Katanagatari? It's got a pretty game-like narrative structure, it's absolutely gorgeous, and it's only 12 episodes long (although I think they're 30 minutes each since it was a monthly OVA rather than a weekly show).

They're 50 minutes long if I remember correctly.

The Black Stones
May 7, 2007

I POSTED WHAT NOW!?

The Devil Tesla posted:

The only shows I can think of that hit the same kind of mix of comedy and drama as successfully as Welcome to the NHK are Jonsi shows like Princess Jellyfish or NANA.

I know it's a typo, but I am laughing at thinking about anime that the lead singer of Sigur Ros would be involved in.

The Black Stones
May 7, 2007

I POSTED WHAT NOW!?

Vhak lord of hate posted:

My girlfriend is on a serious anime binge after randomly watching Ouran High School Host Club on Netflix. She's pretty steadfast in her desire for high school romantic comedies so I told her about the only two I knew were decent ToraDora and Lovely Complex which she blew through and now she's starting to settle on horrible poo poo that Hulu recommends. I'm out of ideas and want her to watch something halfway ok. Any suggestions? She's pretty dismissive of space stuff (old space anime is basically the only thing I know about) and prefers comedy to romance if it boils down to it, any suggestions?

School Rumble is awesome, and she should watch that. I thought that ToraDora was more drama and romance than comedy (though it did have a good amount of amusing bits), and if she liked that she might enjoy perhaps AnoHana or Hanasaku Iroha.

I'd suggest perhaps checking out things like Azumanga Daioh, Daily Lives of Highschool Boys, and Hidamari Sketch.

The Black Stones
May 7, 2007

I POSTED WHAT NOW!?

ViggyNash posted:

This season is good enough to be worth forcing your way through Nise-, regardless of what you eventually think of it. You'll see what I mean when you get into it.

I don't think anyone mentioned Servant x Service, Psycho-Pass, both are fantastic. From this season my picks that weren't mentioned would be Kyousogiga, Samurai Flamenco, Nagi no Asukara, and Log Horizon, but the last three are extending into winter season so they won't be completed by winter break.

Samurai Flamenco and Nagi are also currently airing, so it's really early to put them on any best of lists. Even if what has aired up to now has been really good.

The Black Stones
May 7, 2007

I POSTED WHAT NOW!?

SSNeoman posted:

This was posted a while back but I have a :haw: expression on my face now that I read this. He sounds like a cool dude.

Anyway, I'm looking for something actiony! Something akin to Black Lagoon. Something with guns preferably.

I saw Jormungand, Baccano! and Cowboy Bebop and liked them a good deal.

Hellsing: Ultimate will probably be up your alley.

Canaan I personally liked, but it's nothing amazing and is pretty "anime" with the special powers going on, there is some gunfighting though and it's a good action series if you want to kill some time. There's some decent action scenes in Ghost in the Shell: Stand Alone Complex but there's also a lot more talking going on, but it's all really good and amazing.

That's all I'd really recommend before dipping into the mediocre to bad territory.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Black Stones
May 7, 2007

I POSTED WHAT NOW!?

Violet_Sky posted:

Yay or nay on Magic Knight Rayearth?

The manga is pretty good and is compiled into two omnibus volumes in NA. So yay on that. On the anime? I'd lean more toward nay. I personally liked it okay, but it has a lot of bloat, and it definitely shows its age in a bad way.

CardCaptor Sakura is by far one of the better CLAMP series to be animated and I'd recommend it instead as it has held up remarkably well. If you're dead set on MKR though, you could do worse, but with so much stuff out there, why bother?

• Locked thread