Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Wheat Loaf
Feb 13, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Okay, I've a question.

I really like the three original Slayers series (Slayers Try maybe less so, I have to admit, but I appreciate it for what it is) but I have heard that Revolution and Evolution-R aren't quite up to scratch. Are they worth watching or would I be better not to bother?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wheat Loaf
Feb 13, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Further on my earlier question, have the Slayers movies and OVAs ever been compiled into a single DVD collection? Regardless of whether they have or not, are they worth seeking out? I've only ever seen one of them, though I can't remember which it was.

Wheat Loaf
Feb 13, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

Redcrimson posted:

I believe they have. A friend of mine has the collection of movies and specials that I think ADV put out. It was 5 movies and 6 OVAs, if I remember correctly. Unfortunately, I think the set is long out-of-print and going for a ridiculous price online now.

Sure, I think most of them are available individually. I've definitely seen Slayers Gorgeous and Slayers Premium on Amazon, at least.

Wheat Loaf
Feb 13, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

gmq posted:

I'm going on a 5-hour train trip so I'm looking for things to watch during it. I watched The Legend of Korra last trip so now I'm looking for something similar (actiony), like FMA if I hadn't watched it already.

Any suggestions?

Slayers might be worth trying out.

Wheat Loaf
Feb 13, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
My favourite anime series is Slayers (although I've not watched the two most recent series, despite asking about them in the second or third post in this thread), so can anybody recommend something that might be similar to it, maybe something which includes humour (optionally) as well as adventure and doesn't drag on for ages?

Wheat Loaf
Feb 13, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
I should've mentioned that I'm not necesarily looking solely for comedic fantasy series; I'm just keen to see an adventure series that isn't too long and supplements and leavens its dramatic moments with some that manage to be a little more light-hearted.

I don't know if that broadens to scope at all.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wheat Loaf
Feb 13, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

House Louse posted:

I don't know if it's like Slayers, but have you seen Trigun? It's a planetary romance-Western, very strong on comedy at first, though it darkens quite quickly.

I have not seen Trigun but, like Cowboy Bebop, it's a series I've often thought I'd like to watch.

• Locked thread