Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Which religion is the best?
This poll is closed.
Shintoism 59 9.58%
Buddhism 77 12.50%
Taoism 66 10.71%
FEAR CLOWNPIECE 414 67.21%
Total: 616 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

ElMaligno
Dec 31, 2004

Be Gay!
Do Crime!

Justus posted:

Goku is the best Touhou you fucks

goku:

1) is not a girl
2) doesnt wear a hat
3) or a frilly dress

goku is like the worst possible touhou

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JosephWongKS
Apr 4, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo

ElMaligno posted:

goku:

1) is not a girl
2) doesnt wear a hat
3) or a frilly dress

goku is like the worst possible touhou

So what you are saying is that Goku is Rinnosuke?

Ammat The Ankh
Sep 7, 2010

Now, attempt to defeat me!
And I shall become a living legend!
Goku is already a Touhou

Troglyfe
Jan 2, 2014

WeeabooJudas posted:

Goku vs. Yukari discuss

Yukari is very good at sending people to another dimension. And even if Goku sends her to the next dimension, she can just come back.

CuddlyZombie
Nov 6, 2005

I wuv your brains.

Troglyfe posted:

Yukari is very good at sending people to another dimension. And even if Goku sends her to the next dimension, she can just come back.

Dammit, I laughed.

Tengames
Oct 29, 2008

WeeabooJudas posted:

Goku vs. Yukari discuss

Like all opponents Goku faces, there would just be too much of a gap in their power levels.

amuayse
Jul 20, 2013

by exmarx
Yukari has been sleeping since SA. Mamizou is the new mysterious hotness in town

Tigey
Apr 6, 2015

Hi all, new guy here

Installed ULiL over the weekend. Been so long since I played HM - taking a while to get used to fighting game mechanics again.

Liking it a lot though - artwork is great, and Kasen is such a badass

WarpedNaba
Feb 8, 2012

Being social makes me swell!
I'm waiting until the translation patch comes out. Still, looks like a gas.

cuc
Nov 25, 2013
ULiL patch 1.03 has been released. Other than gameplay tweaks, it also added a camera flash to Sumireko's selfie-taking.

Meanwhile, here's ULiL generic patcher 1.1. It has removed one further check from the program, which should prevent some other cases of the game crashing.
http://1drv.ms/1Kx7rrl

Ryza
Mar 15, 2012

Disco Thunder
The fmw4 web demo is up now: http://www.sanbondo.net/gsw04/download.html

BlitzBlast
Jul 30, 2011

some people just wanna watch the world burn
Neither Reimu nor Septette placed first in the latest poll.

Touhou is truly dead.

(They both got second.)

El Burbo
Oct 10, 2012

Congratulations Koishi

The #1

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

She's so powerful

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

BlitzBlast posted:

Neither Reimu nor Septette placed first in the latest poll.

Touhou is truly dead.

(They both got second.)

What beat Septette?

If it's Hartmann's Youkai Girl, because of the Koishi association i'm going to be so mad.

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

Saigyouji
Aug 26, 2011

Friends 'ave fun together.

SyntheticPolygon posted:

What beat Septette?

If it's Hartmann's Youkai Girl, because of the Koishi association i'm going to be so mad.

U.N. Owen.

Saigyouji fucked around with this message at 22:04 on May 31, 2015

El Burbo
Oct 10, 2012

SyntheticPolygon posted:

What beat Septette?

Hartmann's Youkai Girl is number 3.

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

koishi deserves no.1 imo

ElMaligno
Dec 31, 2004

Be Gay!
Do Crime!

the wildest rear end posted:

Congratulations Koishi

The #1

Volt Catfish posted:

koishi deserves no.1 imo

im the op and i approve this message

ElMaligno fucked around with this message at 22:21 on May 31, 2015

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

the wildest rear end posted:

Hartmann's Youkai Girl is number 3.

Touhou fans have poor tastes in touhou music. Hartmann's Youkai Girl isn't even in the top 5 tracks for SA, and unlike UN Owen or Septette it doesn't even have the excuse of nostalgia. The voters are all hacks. :colbert:

KataraniSword
Apr 22, 2008

but at least I don't have
a MLP or MSPA avatar.
I am my own man.

SyntheticPolygon posted:

top 5 tracks for SA

Let's see... Nuclear Fusion, Green-Eyed Jealousy, Satori Maiden, Lullaby of Deserted Hell, Corpse Voyage, Last Remote... yep, checks out. I can agree with this without being one of those filthy hippies that thinks Flower Studded Dish on Mt. Ooe is any good.

EDIT: vvvv I'll concede that. It was the one that I didn't include in my list (Satori Maiden only came to mind first because it's been remixed more)

KataraniSword fucked around with this message at 00:22 on Jun 1, 2015

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

KataraniSword posted:

Let's see... Nuclear Fusion, Green-Eyed Jealousy, Satori Maiden, Lullaby of Deserted Hell, Corpse Voyage, Last Remote... yep, checks out. I can agree with this without being one of those filthy hippies that thinks Flower Studded Dish on Mt. Ooe is any good.

What the gently caress. Heartfelt Fancy should be up there in the top 5. It is better than Satori Maiden at least.

NuclearPotato
Oct 27, 2011

TerminusEst13 posted:

Let me tell you about a new release called Touhou Doom.

Presented without comment or context, a crosspost from the Early FPS thread in games.

NuclearPotato fucked around with this message at 02:36 on Jun 1, 2015

TOO SCSI FOR MY CAT
Oct 12, 2008

this is what happens when you take UI design away from engineers and give it to a bunch of hipster art student "designers"

KataraniSword posted:

EDIT: vvvv I'll concede that. It was the one that I didn't include in my list (Satori Maiden only came to mind first because it's been remixed more)
There are people who like Mt. Ooe? Who? How?

cuc
Nov 25, 2013
I considered Touhou in Doom engine (because dodging bullets is already the core Doom gameplay). But If anything, Reimu's arsenal is closer to the Halo/CoD trinity: two main projectiles (needles and talismans), one melee weapon (purification rod), and one grenade (Yin-Yang orbs).

CommissarMega
Nov 18, 2008

THUNDERDOME LOSER

TOO SCSI FOR MY CAT posted:

There are people who like Mt. Ooe? Who? How?

I think it's a nice party dance song :shobon: Mind you, all Touhou music is beautiful to me. Even Lonesome Werewolf, which is not only a pastiche of UN Owen and Heian Alien, but has to compete against Pristine Beat and Little Princess.

Justus
Apr 18, 2006

NuclearPotato posted:

Presented without comment or context, a crosspost from the Early FPS thread in games.

Can't try it since I'm on a tablet, but watching it on YouTube it looks like a very impressive mod actually, https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=ykr7IxhtdPI

Space Flower
Sep 10, 2014

by Games Forum

SyntheticPolygon posted:

Touhou fans have poor tastes in touhou music. Hartmann's Youkai Girl isn't even in the top 5 tracks for SA, and unlike UN Owen or Septette it doesn't even have the excuse of nostalgia. The voters are all hacks. :colbert:

Your complaints are lost on me. Popularity's influence on voting just makes the poll skewed by default. It's by no means a poor reflection on the songs that won. They're all awesome.

If you like an unpopular song you should stick your chest out and tell people why it's the best instead of being bitter and giving the popular songs even more attention! My favorite is Tomorrow will be Special; Yesterday was Not. It's beautiful, and it's title fits so well. It has such a perfect 'epilogue' feeling, reflecting on the past and greeting the future.

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

Hey man, I can be bitter if i want. My fav touhou songs were snubbed in this highly illustrious poll about the objective best touhou tracks. :colbert:

Anyway, Night Falls~ Evening Star never gets the attention it deserves as its Yukari's 2nd theme, but I find it to be one of Zun's best works. And the fact that it's so overshadowed by Necrofantasia saddens me greatly.

Another great track is Girl's Sealing Club, i'd love to see it pop up in one of the games or something, it's probably my favourite of all the Music CD songs. In fact, all the tracks in the Music CD'd rule hard and I hope Zun releases another one soon because they are all great.

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

Genso Rondo hits PS4 on June 11th. Get your JP accounts ready!

KataraniSword
Apr 22, 2008

but at least I don't have
a MLP or MSPA avatar.
I am my own man.

SyntheticPolygon posted:

Anyway, Night Falls~ Evening Star never gets the attention it deserves as its Yukari's 2nd theme, but I find it to be one of Zun's best works. And the fact that it's so overshadowed by Necrofantasia saddens me greatly.

Scarlet Weather Rhapsody didn't do it any favors either, since the SWR mix of Night Falls is disgusting ear rape garbage.

amuayse
Jul 20, 2013

by exmarx
Never thought the absolute worst character in ULiL would become this popular.

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

UN Owen was her is good, imo

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

Namtab posted:

UN Owen was her is good, imo

even if it's horrible English that I hope will get changed with an official English translation in the future

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Takoluka posted:

even if it's horrible English that I hope will get changed with an official English translation in the future

haha official english translations, look at this guy

Redmark
Dec 11, 2012

This one's for you, Morph.
-Evo 2013
Wait, what's the name of the song supposed to mean then?

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

Redmark posted:

Wait, what's the name of the song supposed to mean then?

A suggestion of "She was U.N.Owen?" has been made in the past, and I like it a lot.

Also yeah, official English Touhou will happen. Fight me.

Redmark
Dec 11, 2012

This one's for you, Morph.
-Evo 2013

Takoluka posted:

A suggestion of "She was U.N.Owen?" has been made in the past, and I like it a lot.

Also yeah, official English Touhou will happen. Fight me.

Honestly that reads exactly the same to me. I guess "U.N. Owen was her?" has more of a connotation of surprise that it was her and the replacement emphasizes that she was U.N. Owen.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CuddlyZombie
Nov 6, 2005

I wuv your brains.

Takoluka posted:

Genso Rondo hits PS4 on June 11th. Get your JP accounts ready!

Is this a game that can be enjoyed easily enough without an english translation? And how much is it priced at in USD, approximately? The trailer looks kinda cool!