Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Which religion is the best?
This poll is closed.
Shintoism 59 9.58%
Buddhism 77 12.50%
Taoism 66 10.71%
FEAR CLOWNPIECE 414 67.21%
Total: 616 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

Pureauthor posted:

You'd think after taking two steps out of the village Kosuzu would go "Oh wow the rain's gotten a lot heavier" and not continued on like a dumbass.

Most touhous aren't very smart.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

a cartoon duck
Sep 5, 2011

rip those books

Nages
Dec 31, 2011

Just yell at her like you always do. Bitch, get out of the way!

Golden Battler posted:

She'll be brought back as a ghost by Mima

NO LISTEN TO ME
Jan 3, 2009

「プリスティンビート」
「Pristine Beat」

Roasted
Toasted
Murder live on video

NO LISTEN TO ME
Jan 3, 2009

「プリスティンビート」
「Pristine Beat」
Also as long as we're talking about dragon gods and stormy weather I guess Iku might show up, for the first time since my grandpa was in the war.

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

Just how many mistakes have you suffered on the way here?

An uncountable number, to be sure.
I very much doubt Iku would have anything to do with this. The statue may be shaped like the dragon god, but ultimately it's just a kappa machine that predicts the weather (with a 70% success rate). And Iku may have lightning powers, but her job is just to predict earthquakes. This whole situation has nothing to do with either the dragon god or Iku at all. It's just a hurricane.

Clarste fucked around with this message at 00:14 on Sep 27, 2016

NO LISTEN TO ME
Jan 3, 2009

「プリスティンビート」
「Pristine Beat」

Clarste posted:

I very much doubt Iku would have anything to do with this. The statue may be shaped like the dragon god, but ultimately it's just a kappa machine that predicts the weather (with a 70% success rate). And Iku may have lightning powers, but her job is just to predict earthquakes. This whole situation has nothing to do with either the dragon god or Iku at all. It's just a hurricane.

Oh, huh, thought she had more to do with storms. I never replay the fighting games so it's been 5 decades

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

Just how many mistakes have you suffered on the way here?

An uncountable number, to be sure.
Well, her weather in SWR is Typhoon, but I don't think that actually means anything. No more than Sakuya's weather being Cloudy or whatever anyway.

BlitzBlast
Jul 30, 2011

some people just wanna watch the world burn
According to Komachi, all of the weathers in SWR had meanings.

quote:

Komachi: [...]You will become like a cloud.

Sakuya: I'm getting the feeling I'm being slighted somehow.

Komachi: It's alright, to become like a cloud means you won't be brilliant or wealthy,
but, you can avoid harmful light, and spend your days telling fortunes,
a very handy spirit to have, I'll let you know.

You just knew she was reaching with some of them though.

FractalSandwich
Apr 25, 2010

quote:

Komachi: [...]You will become like a butt.

Sakuya: I'm getting the feeling I'm being slighted somehow.

Komachi: It's alright, to become like a butt means you won't be brilliant or wealthy,
but, you can avoid harmful light, and spend your days telling fortunes,
a very handy spirit to have, I'll let you know.
Thank God for Chrome extensions.

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

FractalSandwich posted:

Thank God for Chrome extensions.

what do you have against people that like cloudberry kingdom???

FractalSandwich
Apr 25, 2010
I don't know what that is. I can't find anything about it on Google.

:shrug:

WarpedNaba
Feb 8, 2012

Being social makes me swell!
Buttberry Kingdom?

SirSlarty
Dec 23, 2003

that's wicked
Unzan is shaped like a cloud.

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

http://i.imgur.com/Vre5GwP.gifv

SmokaDustbowl
Feb 12, 2001

by vyelkin
Fun Shoe

SomewhatMystia
Sep 9, 2016

I'm also somewhat hungry.
I expected that to Clownpiece thing to get real weird, but it got real silly. You folks are pretty alright.

El Burbo
Oct 10, 2012

I'm really hosed up, actually

WarpedNaba
Feb 8, 2012

The destruction of the Kantai threaad hit him pretty hard.

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

WarpedNaba posted:

The destruction of the Kantai threaad hit him pretty hard.

they kill kantai but not the senran kagura mk. 2 thread, huh?

El Burbo
Oct 10, 2012

What's a kantai

Ammat The Ankh
Sep 7, 2010

Now, attempt to defeat me!
And I shall become a living legend!

El Burbo posted:

What's a kantai

It's short for "Why Kantai be playing Touhou instead"

ElMaligno
Dec 31, 2004

Be Gay!
Do Crime!

Ammat The Ankh posted:

Yes

FractalSandwich
Apr 25, 2010

El Burbo posted:

What's a kantai
Japanese for "fleet". hth.

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

Ammat The Ankh posted:

:perfect:

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

SomewhatMystia posted:

I expected that to Clownpiece thing to get real weird, but it got real silly. You folks are pretty alright.

Clownpiece is real

celeron 300a
Jan 23, 2005

by exmarx
Yam Slacker

Namtab posted:

Clownpiece Mima is real

Nages
Dec 31, 2011

Just yell at her like you always do. Bitch, get out of the way!

WarpedNaba
Feb 8, 2012

Namtab posted:

Clownpiece is Mima

Erg
Oct 31, 2010

I'm trying to find lps of skilled runs through the recent touhou games (DDC and on) but am doing badly. Does anybody here have some they can reccomend?

Erg
Oct 31, 2010

also: i'm trying to remember a touhou remix that sampled the song Shiny Disco Balls by Who Da Funk. I remember that vid had a picture of I think Nitori in it if that helps any. It's from at least 4 or 5 years ago

El Burbo
Oct 10, 2012

Erg posted:

I'm trying to find lps of skilled runs through the recent touhou games (DDC and on) but am doing badly. Does anybody here have some they can reccomend?

I don't think your gonna find anything with much commentary, but searching on youtube for stuff like "ddcperfect" will net you some skilled folks

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TrnzRI-WM7I

Sometimes there are annotations with commentary, or at least a detailed description like in the video i posted.

I dunno if there there any replay sharing sites that are still active.

El Burbo
Oct 10, 2012

Erg posted:

also: i'm trying to remember a touhou remix that sampled the song Shiny Disco Balls by Who Da Funk. I remember that vid had a picture of I think Nitori in it if that helps any. It's from at least 4 or 5 years ago

Also, here

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P4gjipByZ04

Erg
Oct 31, 2010

ahhhhh thank you for both of these

Justus
Apr 18, 2006

El Burbo posted:

I dunno if there there any replay sharing sites that are still active.

royalflare.net is still around. It's just a replay archive though of course, not lps.

NO LISTEN TO ME
Jan 3, 2009

「プリスティンビート」
「Pristine Beat」
Speaking of game chat I've 1cc'd about everything on normal now with every shot type (aside from individual IN characters, I did all the teams) but LoLK legacy mode is still kicking my rear end and I'm not sure what to do to get much better at it.

also by "about" everything I mean I mostly ignored UFO because I think it's a subpar video game.

a cartoon duck
Sep 5, 2011

NO LISTEN TO ME posted:

also by "about" everything I mean I mostly ignored UFO because I think it's a subpar video game.

I'm glad my favorite Touhou game is statistically proven to be everyone's least favorite Touhou game.

Also I've yet to even bother with LoLK legacy mode. After beating Hecatia I've been pretty much done with the game, those triple moons traumatised me too much.

NO LISTEN TO ME
Jan 3, 2009

「プリスティンビート」
「Pristine Beat」

a cartoon duck posted:

I'm glad my favorite Touhou game is statistically proven to be everyone's least favorite Touhou game.

Also I've yet to even bother with LoLK legacy mode. After beating Hecatia I've been pretty much done with the game, those triple moons traumatised me too much.

This also brings up another thing, that I'm not sure what EX boss I should start with. I'm thinking either Raiko or Suwako? I beat most of them once upon a time, like literally about 6 years ago, but this is the first time since then I've actually felt halfway decent at the games since I wanted to clear everything with everyone.

SirSlarty
Dec 23, 2003

that's wicked
I've 1cc'd all the games on Normal except for Marisa's shot types in SA.
LoLK's legacy mode is too tough.
I've 1cc'd IN on Hard :v:

EX bosses I've almost defeated (gotten to the last spell card) were Mamizou, Suwako and Mokou. So I would say those are the easiest EX bosses considering my skills.

UFO's EX stage has fun music, though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HMS Boromir
Jul 16, 2011

by Lowtax

a cartoon duck posted:

I'm ambivalent about UFO but I refuse to believe it's less popular than Ten Desires.