Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Which religion is the best?
This poll is closed.
Shintoism 59 9.58%
Buddhism 77 12.50%
Taoism 66 10.71%
FEAR CLOWNPIECE 414 67.21%
Total: 616 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

Clarste posted:

Reimu gets another power-up later in the game when she thinks long and hard about the true meaning of being a shrine maiden, falls asleep, and then accidentally beats everyone up while sleepwalking.

Seems even more appropriate.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dr Pepper
Feb 4, 2012

Don't like it? well...

Clarste posted:

Reimu gets another power-up later in the game when she thinks long and hard about the true meaning of being a shrine maiden, falls asleep, and then accidentally beats everyone up while sleepwalking.

Reimu owns just saying

WarpedNaba
Feb 8, 2012

Being social makes me swell!
I think I remember one canon occurrence of her training, and I think she plum forgot everything she learned in a few days.

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

WarpedNaba posted:

I think I remember one canon occurrence of her training, and I think she plum forgot everything she learned in a few days.

More like 15 minutes.

KataraniSword
Apr 22, 2008

but at least I don't have
a MLP or MSPA avatar.
I am my own man.

Incidentally, I'm pretty sure that was actually in Silent Sinner in Blue, which is part of FMW:E's plot.

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

Just how many mistakes have you suffered on the way here?

An uncountable number, to be sure.
Yukari prods her into training in SSiB so she can summon gods and power the rocket (and be a distraction), but she also trains with Kasen for one chapter of WaHH. That was more "discipline" than "skill" though. There's no indication that she's forgotten how to summon gods (actually, she does summon a god in WaHH, after SSiB), but after Kasen's training she immediately reverts back to her old ways.

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT KISSING A GHOST
Reimu is constantly annoyed by Yukari but she actually listens to what the Gap youkai has to say.

Plus invoking gods seems to be a 'do it once and you know how to do it for the rest of your life' kind of training as opposed to something that requires constant upkeep.

Dr Pepper
Feb 4, 2012

Don't like it? well...

Calling upon the gods for aid is just so much work.

WarpedNaba
Feb 8, 2012

If it's anything like Sanae's miracles, it actually could be a buttload of work.

BlitzBlast
Jul 30, 2011

some people just wanna watch the world burn
Okay so it looks like 9/27 will be the release date, they've just opened pre-orders or something. I guess most of the bugs have been fixed now, because the next patch will be a full on update to v1.1.0. Here's hoping they get all the unused stuff working.

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

So I tried out MegaMari.

Lily White is a giant rear end in a top hat.

WarpedNaba
Feb 8, 2012

Couldn't get past anyone but Cirno on that one.

Then again, I've never played Megaman games before.

Dr Pepper
Feb 4, 2012

Don't like it? well...

MegaMari is particularly hard even if you've played plenty of Megaman games.

Kanos
Sep 6, 2006

was there a time when speedwagon didn't get trolled

Dr Pepper posted:

MegaMari is particularly hard even if you've played plenty of Megaman games.

Once you get a few weapons it becomes trivially easy because the weapons in Megamari are violently overpowered, but out of the gate it's pretty rough.

Hedera Helix
Sep 2, 2011

The laws of the fiesta mean nothing!
I made it as far as the boss rush before giving up. How are you supposed to survive so many boss fights?

Kanos
Sep 6, 2006

Hedera Helix posted:

I made it as far as the boss rush before giving up. How are you supposed to survive so many boss fights?

The boss weaknesses are incredibly powerful against their respective bosses and you should have at least one or two mushroom tanks saved up, pretty much.

BlitzBlast
Jul 30, 2011

Doing a team 9 run in FMW3 at the moment, and Chen is living up to the role of sixth ranger. Maybe too well, it's kind of hilarious how much better she is than everyone else. She's easily matching Cirno (who has 4 WP levels) in damage, way dodgier, and crazy fast. Throw on Ran in the back and things just get stupid. Only thing you have to keep in mind is the G Gundam trap; she starts with a B in Air, so if you don't tack on Kanako's Blessing she'll get murdered.

As for the others, Cirno's new debuff is nice, but her aim still blows. Dai lost Cheer for some godforsaken reason, but she got Focus in return so she regularly has better odds than Cirno. Their combination is utterly worthless, I don't know why it exists. IN's night terrain and the greater abundance of laser attacks helps out Rumia again, but afterwards she's back to being pretty eh. But she's still the only thing resembling a tank, so. Mystia is Mystia, and Wriggle... uh... I dunno, she kicks crap a lot.

The opening chapters of the game are really tough on this gimmick run though; you're basically forced into Reimu's route (though if you're carrying over, you're probably on her route anyways), since otherwise you'll only have Wriggle. And even Reimu's route only leaves you with Cirno and Dai for two chapters. I just gave up and started using all of my other (heavily underleveled) characters until the gang gets back together.

BlitzBlast fucked around with this message at 00:31 on Sep 8, 2014

tupac holocron
Apr 23, 2008
The son of Maryam is about to descend amongst you as a correct ruler, he will break the cross and kill the pig!

AdorableStar
Jul 13, 2013

:patriot:

Yes please.

Hedera Helix
Sep 2, 2011

ANIME IS ALREADY PLURAL DAD UGH

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

Hedera Helix posted:

One person on these forums has actually managed the 25-mushroom code, which starts you in Patchy's castle with only the Broom item.

BlitzBlast
Jul 30, 2011

Ryza posted:

It also helped that my Reimu looked like this:

Man you don't even need that. I did it on a fresh carryover save by just spamming Accel and reaching the other side by turn 4. Then when the boss came over I had everyone attack (though I didn't really need to, Magic team did 15k with Valor :psyduck:), and presto.

I mean sure the map is an utter clusterfuck now and I have to survive two more turns without anyone dying for the bonus, but eh.

EDIT: So I totally forgot the boss had a MAP. But hey, guess what! You don't need everybody to be alive to get the bonus! :unsmigghh:

BlitzBlast fucked around with this message at 11:52 on Sep 9, 2014

Eeepies
May 29, 2013

Bocchi-chan's... dead.
We'll have to find a new guitarist.

BlitzBlast posted:

Man you don't even need that. I did it on a fresh carryover save by just spamming Accel and reaching the other side by turn 4. Then when the boss came over I had everyone attack (though I didn't really need to, Magic team did 15k with Valor :psyduck:), and presto.

I mean sure the map is an utter clusterfuck now and I have to survive two more turns without anyone dying for the bonus, but eh.

EDIT: So I totally forgot the boss had a MAP. But hey, guess what! You don't need everybody to be alive to get the bonus! :unsmigghh:

Speaking of that, I just threw the Three Fairies and once they died, the Prismriver Sisters at her, while everyone else ran. Grit + Evade + Focus meant that the unit could just sit there and take all the attacks with luck. Sunny could Guts up after the barrage, while Nitori was throwing faiths each turn at the Prismrivers to keep them alive. The boss never reached the white line.

Hedera Helix
Sep 2, 2011

I've been playing Perfect Cherry Blossom again, to try and get a 1cc with Marisa A, and I'm so rusty I can't make it past the fourth stage without getting a game over. :saddowns:

Quinn2win
Nov 9, 2011

Foolish child of man...
After reading all this,
do you still not understand?
I've always found the second half of PCB to be sort of brutal. What difficulty?

Hedera Helix
Sep 2, 2011

ProfessorProf posted:

I'm playing on Normal.

Cernunnos
Sep 2, 2011

ppbbbbttttthhhhh~

Hedera Helix posted:

I've been playing Perfect Cherry Blossom again, to try and get a 1cc with Marisa A, and I'm so rusty I can't make it past the fourth stage without getting a game over. :saddowns:

Stage 4 of PCB is some kind of ridiculous endurance test or something. It goes on and on and on and on and... you get the idea.

I've never been to Stage 5 of that game myself. Half the time I can't even get to the Prismrivers for how long Stage 4 drags on. :(

Prismrivers! :argh:

KataraniSword
Apr 22, 2008

but at least I don't have
a MLP or MSPA avatar.
I am my own man.

Cernunnos posted:

Stage 4 of PCB is some kind of ridiculous endurance test or something. It goes on and on and on and on and... you get the idea.

I've never been to Stage 5 of that game myself. Half the time I can't even get to the Prismrivers for how long Stage 4 drags on. :(

Prismrivers! :argh:

Stage 4 of PCB is a marathon, and stage 5 is a brick wall. (gently caress you, Youmu.)

IN decides to cut out the middleman and makes Stage 4 both a marathon and a brick wall.

Dr Pepper
Feb 4, 2012

Don't like it? well...

IN is wonderful in how it revels in revealing how much BS all the Youkai of Gensyoko have to deal with when Reimu and Marisa are on the warpath.

Master Sparks everywhere.

AdorableStar
Jul 13, 2013

:patriot:

ProfessorProf posted:

I can not use continues in PCB on lunatic until Youmu. And then I have to use continues. :smith:

BlitzBlast
Jul 30, 2011

Got the full version of Stardust Hero. Now I just need to get the save/quit messages for chapters 43-46 again, and I've 100%ed the library. :toot:

I can't wait to get nothing at all for all this effort. :negative:

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

So I got Touhouvania 2 but for some reason I can't play it. I can boot the game up fine but whenever I select 'Game Start' on the title screen it tells me 'koumajou2.exe has stopped working.'

I currently have it patched to 1.02a. I think that's the latest patch. I also have Touhouvania 1 and it runs fine.

I don't suppose anyone has any ideas on what's wrong?

Stelas
Sep 6, 2010

Are you running with Japanese unicode turned on? I remember Touhouvania 2 being really finicky about that.

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

Stelas posted:

Are you running with Japanese unicode turned on? I remember Touhouvania 2 being really finicky about that.

My current language for non-Unicode programs is Japanese. Is that what you were referring to?

BlitzBlast
Jul 30, 2011

So 48 Lunatic has an immediate, rather noticeable difference from Normal. Why are there so many bunnies aaaaaaa

Oh and unsurprisingly the boss' stats are complete and utter bullshit if you pick the challenge options. 238 Mobility and 2700 Armor? How am I even supposed to damage that?

Kanos
Sep 6, 2006

BlitzBlast posted:

So 48 Lunatic has an immediate, rather noticeable difference from Normal. Why are there so many bunnies aaaaaaa

Oh and unsurprisingly the boss' stats are complete and utter bullshit if you pick the challenge options. 238 Mobility and 2700 Armor? How am I even supposed to damage that?

Max weapon upgrades and WP on everyone with a healthy dose of +fight/shoot stats, I suppose. NG+++!

BlitzBlast
Jul 30, 2011

As it turns out, pretty much. With max upgrades on everyone and the +200 attack FUB, everyone consistently did around 4k. After that it was pretty much your standard 170 Power bonus boss "if you don't have Strike you're useless, if you don't have Alert/Grit you're dead". Throw in a healthy amount of save scumming and a couple suicide bombers and it actually wasn't that bad. Hell, getting to the boss was more annoying; I had to survive three turns of constant attacks before the ship could MAP through the huge bundle of support defenders.
In the end I won by save scumming until Reimu hit an 8%.

Now to get through the escape from the moon. :suicide:

Widdiful
Oct 10, 2012

I was really bored one day so I started making a program to run Touhou games if you play more than one and I thought that it would be good to share it here. It hasn't got all the features I would like it to have yet and if you have any ideas, let me know. You can download it here if you want to give it a go. Or don't. I don't really mind either way.

CuddlyZombie
Nov 6, 2005

I wuv your brains.

There is no Touhou fighting game called Unthinkable Natural Law. There is only Touhou Hisoutensoku* ~ Chase the Enigma of the Superdreadnought Guignol :colbert:

Other than that, though, that looks cool!

*lit. "Lacking the Perception of the Natural Laws of the East"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Widdiful
Oct 10, 2012

CuddlyZombie posted:

There is no Touhou fighting game called Unthinkable Natural Law. There is only Touhou Hisoutensoku* ~ Chase the Enigma of the Superdreadnought Guignol :colbert:

Other than that, though, that looks cool!

*lit. "Lacking the Perception of the Natural Laws of the East"

Yeah I had that in the first version before I realised that I was stupid and changed it immediately. I should update the screenshots, though. They're outdated.