Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012
Made it to chapter 12 and I'm about half and half on this series. I like the overall premise of super-powered humans versus a threat we unwittingly created; but given how easily a lot of characters have been dying I'm feeling like this is going to turn into another Gantz and I wasn't a big fan of killing off characters on a constant basis there either.

I'm not really expecting the body count to drop but do the teams start gaining the upper hand at all? Between the sudden infiltration and targeted destruction of key areas of Annex 1 and the possibility that the Terraformers have evolved a more intelligent caste capable of coordinating them future chapters look pretty bleak.

E:
Aaaaand now the terraformers have reverse engineered the abilities from the dead members of Bugs 2. That's just great.

Brought To You By fucked around with this message at 06:25 on Mar 27, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012

trucutru posted:

Keep reading, the whole thing is just an excuse for silly animal/plant-based superpowers. It's complete trash, but entertaining none the least.

I meant to respond back to this months ago. I finished the series up to the most recent translation and I'm glad I did. I think I get why the body count in the first two expeditions were so high but given what happens in volumes 3-8, the first couple of volumes don't do the series justice. It was right after the reveal that the terraformers had reverse engineered the bug organ that the fights started to feel less one sided. I like having characters that I can get attached too without worrying that they are going to bit it on the next page, some of them still die though but a main cast has formed out of the expedition group and they are actually getting closer to something resembling an answer about what is going down at mars.

Asimov is hands down my favorite character at this point because he's a massive Russian crab man who fights for his daughter and grandchild's future and he's awesome!

I also like the transition from Human vs Roaches to Human vs Human vs Roaches.

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012
Volume 9 went up today on Batoto.
Michelle get's to symbolically avenge her father's death and then the Chinese show up to troll everyone. Still no sign of the #6 squad though so things aren't looking too good.

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012
I can make an actual post about the headache inducing hilarity of volume 10 later but for now enjoy this page presented with no context whatsoever.

http://i.imgur.com/f2CWUkZ.png
(Obviously spoilers for anyone who actually wants to read the volume)

Brought To You By fucked around with this message at 15:51 on Oct 31, 2014

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012
This is literally the best moment of volume 11 and I will eat my own shoes before I hear otherwise.

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012
Honestly, at this point I'm actually invested in the characters and the conflict. Granted I read ahead through raws and the series is going to get a little silly but hey, right now everything is great.

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012

KoB posted:

Uh, did you miss the part with the ~ultimate human~ being too manly and sexy for the ladies?

Yeah, and I'm telling you that was a drop in the bucket compared to what is going to happen. I'll give you a hint though, think back to that one loose end from the first volume.

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012

He continues to be the best character in this series

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012
Remember that Live action movie being directed by Takashi Miike? We got a trailer
Looks like they are doing their own thing for the most part but the last 10 seconds finally show off the roaches.

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012

Tenzarin posted:

Kill you with LOVE!

So Joseph's turn was pretty bad for a lot of reasons. But the way they present his obsession with love is downright messed up, especially with how he tries to destroy his friends in the flashback. But we do get more Martial arts Hornet action so I'm still down for it.

Daxing Dan posted:

I think I've seen the translations you're talking about, if you mean the ones on Batoto, and calling them "translations" is really stretching the definition of the term. I'm not exaggerating when I say you could write a more accurate and coherent script just by flipping through the raws and making stuff up on your own. If I didn't know better, I'd say translations that bad have to be deliberate.

There was a time where Imperial Scans was handling the translations and they did a good job. They had to close up shop and some of their staff moved over to Mangastream to keep up translations. The guy currently doing translations on Batoto has been around for a while now and isn't known for very good translations. He did some decent stuff a couple years ago but then it got revealed that he was taking his translations from a spanish-based group and his quality has been dropping ever since. Last I read from him he started using some pretty gross images for his credits page and I just stopped reading TFM altogether.

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012

Tenzarin posted:

But who is Jack is that the hornet guy? And flashback Michelle was the same as the bugs member? Why didn't they like go hi we know each other like 50 chapters ago?

Had to parse that. Jack is not Komachi (hornet guy). This is a different Michelle and it's just convenient that the Michelle on the Annex mission has the same name.

Also we have a full trailer for the Live-action movie coming out this April. None of the transformations look that good.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=84MS4or_5u0

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012

Kurtofan posted:

So I'm watching this on crunchyroll, is there a version without the black screens?

You're going to have to find the blu-ray releases. The televised version was heavily censored.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012

Tenzarin posted:

The comics is in the 3rd arc and back on earth. The new guy translating said he was going to stop also.

I thought you meant xPearse but it looks like Display;None is closing up shop for good.

link
Sucks that we're losing another high quality scanlation group.

• Locked thread