Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ChronoReverse
Oct 1, 2009

buzmeg posted:

You need to play more games ... :colbert:

Never the wrong answer haha.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

buzmeg posted:

Pretty sure that making the school wallflower into The Most Popular Girl on Campus(tm) is a galge staple.

You need to play more games ... :colbert:

Truly, I have been floored by the almighty Wakaki :negative:

Another Poster
Apr 12, 2008
Elsie's face is the best face.

Zogundar
Dec 5, 2007
The rumor mill about the 3rd season has it that it's going to skip all of the conquests after the end of season 2 and just go straight into the Goddess arc (And probably just be 12 episodes long.)

Someone please say it ain't so. There's enough material there for like a good 60+ episodes (Counting all seasons.)

Also they aren't getting Rie Kugimiya to do Tsukiyo, dammit

cafel
Mar 29, 2010

This post is hurting the economy!

Zogundar posted:

The rumor mill about the 3rd season has it that it's going to skip all of the conquests after the end of season 2 and just go straight into the Goddess arc (And probably just be 12 episodes long.)

Someone please say it ain't so. There's enough material there for like a good 60+ episodes (Counting all seasons.)

Also they aren't getting Rie Kugimiya to do Tsukiyo, dammit

That's kinda impossible if they want to include all the goddesses. Unless Tsukiyo and Yui just kind of show up out of nowhere.

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich

cafel posted:

That's kinda impossible if they want to include all the goddesses. Unless Tsukiyo and Yui just kind of show up out of nowhere.

And I doubt that the whole arc can fit on 12 episodes :psyduck:

Zogundar
Dec 5, 2007
I think that's the official name now. It's not "III," it's "Megami-hen," so it's covering that specifically. They've even cast Lune/Ryuune.

Dark_Tzitzimine posted:

And I doubt that the whole arc can fit on 12 episodes :psyduck:
That's my fear right now. That they're going to try.

cafel posted:

Okay, assume they devote 3 or 4 episodes total to both of their captures. That leaves 8-9 episodes to do the entire Goddess arc. Rushed much? Or hell, even if you switch it up and have Keima capture Tsukiyo and Yui in just one episode each, that doesn't help with the 'rushed' aspect.

And then of course there's the problem that they're just completely skipping so many of the other girls, many of which I think show up during the Goddess arc in some form or another. I know Akari is pretty important.

Man, I was so excited when I heard this was going to CONTINUE because I assumed they'd pick up where they left off (I mean look how it ended, with a teaser for just that!) I wasn't expecting them to just skip to everyone's favorite part to make a quick buck and throw the rest in the garbage can.

I hope the rumors are wrong and that it's at least a whaddyacallit, a 4-cour? (At LEAST 3.)

I've heard that the bad DVD sales are all because of some stupid grade school console-war-like loyalty thing, where people wouldn't buy Kami nomi discs because they were made by Sega Manglobe. Is there any truth to that?

Sonata Mused
Feb 19, 2013

I'll show you... a nightmare...
Yui being skipped would be the worst thing.

Zogundar
Dec 5, 2007

Sonata Mused posted:

Yui being skipped would be the worst thing.
Hell, just her arc alone was on the long side, wasn't it? It seemed like that gender swap went on forever. Still, if we don't get to see Yui's mom getting an aneurism animated it will be a crime against nature.

The more I think about this the more it feels like something that will be talked about for years to come.
Like the Star Wars Prequels.

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry
It'd be kind of weird, but could they do the goddess arc now and then re-visit the older arcs in an actual "III" season?

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich

Nate RFB posted:

It'd be kind of weird, but could they do the goddess arc now and then re-visit the older arcs in an actual "III" season?

That's a possibility but is still odd that they made a pair of OVA's to introduce Tenri and Diana nad then skip a lot to do the Goddess arc.

sunburnedcrow
Dec 17, 2012
New chapter is up

Yes_Cantaloupe
Feb 28, 2005

I still have faith, but combining a swimsuit chapter and a tournament arc is about the least interesting thing I can imagine.

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry
I think more than anything else it'd be a nice twist if some of the higher ranked girls were some of the future captures.

sunburnedcrow
Dec 17, 2012

Yes_Cantaloupe posted:

I still have faith, but combining a swimsuit chapter and a tournament arc is about the least interesting thing I can imagine.

Hopefully, the tournament is quickly resolved as I want to see how Keima prepares his future captures.

Krinkle
Feb 9, 2003

Ah do believe Ah've got the vapors...
Ah mean the farts

Nate RFB posted:

I think more than anything else it'd be a nice twist if some of the higher ranked girls were some of the future captures.

I saw that nose pose thing for the first time in DR2 a few months back and this week I'm seeing it everywhere. Tengu confidence.

Amazingly Capable
May 7, 2008
Why the hell was Tenri's oxygen tank connected to her gloves and boots? Is this some kind of modern avant-garde moe? Is it okay for Keima to be bringing all this future moe technology back to the past? I'm worried about the stability of the timeline here.

jonjonaug
Mar 26, 2010

by Lowtax

Yes_Cantaloupe posted:

You're nuts. This arc is hilarious.

cafel
Mar 29, 2010

Amazingly Capable posted:

Why the hell was Tenri's oxygen tank connected to her gloves and boots? Is this some kind of modern avant-garde moe? Is it okay for Keima to be bringing all this future moe technology back to the past? I'm worried about the stability of the timeline here.

Keima's actions here are the inspiration for the wider moe movement of our time. He has doomed us all to watch lovely anime with his closed loop time travel shenanigans.

Mad Lupine
Feb 18, 2011

all the things you said
running through my head
Tenri's one line at the end made the chapter for me: I wanna go home...
Also this. :allears:

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

Actually I think I've got it. Little girl, rankings, ruthless gaming of the system...

This is a raising sim.

Hm... fights demons, is neglectful at best of his charge's desires, has a demon sidekick that he abuses... clearly this is all just leading up to Keima becoming Gendo Shinkicker.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
So this is how Tenri falls in love with Keima right?

failedninja
Nov 29, 2008
Those scenes with the boys were really creepy.

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich

Rodyle posted:

Actually I think I've got it. Little girl, rankings, ruthless gaming of the system...

This is a raising sim.

Hm... fights demons, is neglectful at best of his charge's desires, has a demon sidekick that he abuses... clearly this is all just leading up to Keima becoming Gendo Shinkicker.

Oh man, can't wait for Tenri to just gently caress up all of Vintage for herself :haw:

Super Jay Mann
Nov 6, 2008

RatHat posted:

So this is how Tenri falls in love with Keima right?

Hmm, Keima tries to bring Tenri to the top ranking because she has no desires to mess up Vintage's plan, unintentionally fosters desire in Tenri for him because apparently not a lot of his galges employ time loop shenanigans so he's woefully unprepared and/or naive, he'll have to fix it somehow...

Seems to be where this is going but hell, I stopped trusting my predictions of this manga ages ago.

organism
Sep 30, 2005
organism
Maybe I missed something but the number reflects the strength of their desires, right? But the kids are mistaking it to be a popularity ranking? Since Tenri still doesn't have a ranking after beating the bully girl, comedy duo and now child model, how is she going to be number one (and thereby mess up Vintage's plan) if a ranking doesn't show up on her?

buzmeg
Jul 8, 2004
The Megg of Buzz

organism posted:

Maybe I missed something but the number reflects the strength of their desires, right? But the kids are mistaking it to be a popularity ranking? Since Tenri still doesn't have a ranking after beating the bully girl, comedy duo and now child model, how is she going to be number one (and thereby mess up Vintage's plan) if a ranking doesn't show up on her?

Elsie made a fake ranking on her ...

http://www.batoto.net/read/_/170925/the-world-god-only-knows_ch228_by_red-hawk-scans/7

Kal-L
Jan 18, 2005

Heh... Spider-man... Web searches... That's funny. I should've trademarked that one. Could've made a mint.

failedninja posted:

Those scenes with the boys were really creepy.

Not really? The model girl is in the last grade, so she's older than most of the boys. The rest are probably old enough to start noticing girls It would been weird if they didn't show at least some interest on what was going on.

They can't all be like Keima, and just focus on 2-D girls, you know. :v:

failedninja
Nov 29, 2008
Oh I meant creepy like scary. To me they look like ghosts or zombies or something, esp with all their arms stretched out making ah~~ ah~~ ah~~ noises.

Renzuko
Oct 10, 2012

I imagine that the entire male population of a k-6 school being in a single classroom would be kinda...uncomfortable, and they'd want to get out?

sunburnedcrow
Dec 17, 2012
New chapter is up

Wait, we have evil clones too?! What is going on? :psyduck:

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

Just how many mistakes have you suffered on the way here?

An uncountable number, to be sure.

sunburnedcrow posted:

New chapter is up

Probably a demon from vintage using magic. I mean, if Elsie can do all this stuff then presumably anyone else could too.

cafel
Mar 29, 2010

sunburnedcrow posted:

New chapter is up

Doesn't seem to far fetched for Vintage to have a close eye on the event and figured out something is up with Kiema and Tenri. Not much of a stretch to use magic to take on Kiema's appearance to lure away Tenri.

Always nice to see Kiema cutting through the plot so quickly with his quick analysis of the situation. Such a refreshing contrasts to the oblivious protagonists who have obvious flags right in front of their faces.

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry
Hooray, Ayumi is involved.

Oh no, Ayumi is involved :ohdear:

Artificer
Apr 8, 2010

You're going to try ponies and you're. Going. To. LOVE. ME!!
Hell, toss in all the other conquest targets and let's make this a party! :allears:

Sidesaddle Cavalry
Mar 15, 2013

Oh Boy Desert Map
Finally caught up from all the way from the end of the Goddesses arc. I feel like it's been a rollercoaster ride on tracks that rattle like they might break but somehow don't kill me. I am terrified and laughing.

While the feel of the manga's certainly changed drastically, I do enjoy it when Wakaki drives the plot back to recurring characters and getting them a little more fleshed out each time.

I'm probably going to be let down hard when the next anime season doesn't cover the Hinoki arc, aren't I? :smith:

Zogundar
Dec 5, 2007

Sidesaddle Cavalry posted:

I'm probably going to be let down hard when the next anime season doesn't cover the Hinoki arc, aren't I? :smith:

I just remembered, that was the arc where they revealed Keima's teacher had achieved Bankai and could defeat Level 4 devils or whatever, wasn't it? How can they just skip these important plot points asdlkjad;l

AnacondaHL
Feb 15, 2009

I'm the lead trumpet player, playing loud and high is all I know how to do.

Nate RFB posted:

Hooray, Ayumi is involved.

Oh no, Ayumi is involved :ohdear:

Wasn't she and Chihiro childhood friends? Expectations for next week HAVE BEEN RAISED

JosephWongKS
Apr 4, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo
New chapter - http://www.mangareader.net/the-world-god-only-knows/231

Man, page 15. I couldn't decide whether to laugh or to wince.

JosephWongKS fucked around with this message at 11:20 on Jun 15, 2013

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Eddain
May 6, 2007
According to that chapter, the anime starts up again on July 8th?

• Locked thread