Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
pnumoman
Sep 26, 2008

I never get the last word, and it makes me very sad.
At this point, I would bet it all on the most difficult (on average) ending for dating sim games: true harem ending.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

pnumoman
Sep 26, 2008

This image (previous chapter spoiler) made by a gloating Chihiro fan pretty much sums up /a/'s response.

pnumoman
Sep 26, 2008

Sidesaddle Cavalry posted:

^^^BATTER UP

:downs:What did Cacao end up doing to the cake batter that was different from what Komugi did?

He actually did the same thing wrong, at least in the drawings. You're supposed to separate out the yolks and beat the egg whites with sugar until they form peaks, then gently fold the rest of the batter into the stiff egg white foam. Cacao's explanation is on point, but the drawing has him whisking a whole egg; you can try to whip air into a whole egg, but the fat in the yolk will prevent the egg white from holding any air. You can whip egg whites, but a whole egg beaten together will only ever become slightly foamy. A sponge cake rises because of those air bubbles trapped in the egg white foam, so screwing that step up ruins the whole cake. So Cacao explanations it correctly, but does it wrong as well.

pnumoman
Sep 26, 2008

GhostofJohnMuir posted:

Edit: Oh, or he just made a meringue, that makes a lot more sense. I thought the bit about heating the eggs referred to something other than the actual baking.

Yup. A sponge cake (a.k.a. chiffon cake, castella cake, pao de lo) is just a batter leavened with meringue. Most pre chemical leavener cakes use air for leavening somehow, whether it's egg whites trapping air, or the water in butter turning into steam, or water incorporated into the batter some other way (like in choux pastry).

• Locked thread