Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Angry Grimace
Jul 29, 2010

ACTUALLY IT IS VERY GOOD THAT THE SHOW IS BAD AND ANYONE WHO DOESN'T REALIZE WHY THAT'S GOOD IS AN IDIOT. JUST ENJOY THE BAD SHOW INSTEAD OF THINKING.
I'm really not digging this spin-off story with the worst capture target.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Angry Grimace
Jul 29, 2010

ACTUALLY IT IS VERY GOOD THAT THE SHOW IS BAD AND ANYONE WHO DOESN'T REALIZE WHY THAT'S GOOD IS AN IDIOT. JUST ENJOY THE BAD SHOW INSTEAD OF THINKING.

Annointed posted:

It's only a couple dozen chapter at most, it's also plot relevant so why not have the Yui Arc?

This is just going to be confusing for anybody who didn't read the comic.

If this was a viable strategy they should have skipped Jun's arc in Season 2 and gone straight to Tsukiko and Yui and condensed all four of the arcs in that season down. Its simply absurd to skip Yui and Tsukiko but have the plot revolve around them still. They could even have done Yui and Tsukiko in 2 episodes each this season. You can't simply loving skip them.

Angry Grimace fucked around with this message at 20:38 on Jul 11, 2013

Angry Grimace
Jul 29, 2010

I can't be the only one that just thinks the longer Keima is a child, the more TWGOK becomes a habit read.

Angry Grimace
Jul 29, 2010

zerosix posted:

As much as I enjoy TWGOK, Ill be glad when we get this whole future/past stuff out of the way or we see what has been happening while Keima's kid self is running around.

Reality is a lovely game, but its a game that Keima set himself up to play.

Its the TWGOK equivalent of being stuck on Namek forever.

Angry Grimace
Jul 29, 2010

chumbler posted:

I'm glad to see it as well because frankly that's all they've got going for them. They're by far the least interesting of the girl side of the goddess crew (though their goddesses are pretty great) without that.

I was disappointed that Wakaki brought back Tsukiyo (who had one of the least interesting long-arcs) instead of Kusunoki.

Angry Grimace
Jul 29, 2010

The entire "child" arc was abysmal. Series is really going out with a whimper. I honestly think Wakaki simply doesn't have any more ideas to keep the series fresh if he's going to Negima this series now.

Angry Grimace
Jul 29, 2010

The spoilers were semi-ambiguous, but its not ambiguous at all in the actual chapter.

For all the poo poo I gave that last arc, at least Wakaki let it end in a non-ambiguous fashion.

Angry Grimace
Jul 29, 2010

cafel posted:

Man, I find that /a/ stuff so bizarre. I mean for a while this was one of the manga series I enjoyed reading the most, and while it had been in a slump for a while I still followed it closely and enjoyed the ending, but I can't imagine getting this invested in who Keima ends up with. But then again I've always had a soft spot for Chihiro.

I honestly don't feel bad for most of the girls because they're in their teens, they'll get over it, but man, what the hell is Dokurou even going to do now? Can't go really go back to New Hell since she's human, has no family and probably not a hell of a lot of close friends because for her entire human existence she's been focusing on keeping watch over Keima and the Goddesses. It's a bit of a bummer.'

edit: Oh drat, we don't ever see what happens to Kaori, do we? I'm just going to assume Keima wrecked her so hard she just kinda of faded out of the fabric of the story.

She does have friends. Remember the teacher arc? That was supposed to be her close friend from college.

Angry Grimace
Jul 29, 2010

XboxPants posted:

Man, what are you guys on about?

Letting Tenri know she didn't have a chance wasn't cruelty, it was kindness. It made things easier on her, not harder. Compare the emotional rollercoaster that Ayumi had to go on because she didn't know it Keima was a lost cause, and how bitter she ended up about everything. Also consider that when he gave her that letter she was so young, she wasn't even really into him yet, I doubt it brought her world crashing down around her.

Keima was literally more of a dick to every single other goddess besides her. I mean, really, you guys didn't get that?

Not only that, but he gave her the rejection letter well before she even had developed any kind of feelings for him. Because she was like 6.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Angry Grimace
Jul 29, 2010

Dark_Tzitzimine posted:

Except that the letter in question was the one he instructed her to open 10 years later when they met again.

Ah. I guess I forgot about it. But still, she opened it before any of the adventures started, right?

• Locked thread