Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich

Nate RFB posted:

Was there a break this week?

Accoring to Red Hawk, yes. Is on break until issue 20, this week was issue 18

Edit:

And just as I said that, they release a new chapter :v:

So we finally know the reason for Keima's choosing.

Dark_Tzitzimine fucked around with this message at 19:00 on Mar 30, 2013

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich
New Chapter

Plot heavy issue

'Me haff no clue' :downs:

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich
New Chapter

I just don't know anymore :psyduck:

It seems that the Weiss were released before the expected

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich

Nate RFB posted:

Sorry for the double post, but here's Chapter 226.

I have no idea :psyduck:

Things keeps getting weirder and weirder :psyduck:

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich

Quixzlizx posted:

I hope this twist goes somewhere fast, because this arc is starting to feel like it's going off the rails a bit.

Yeah, is starting to feel like padding. It's still pretty entertaining but I would rather go back to the present and see what's the deal with the New Hell and the Goddesses.

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich
It would be completly amazing if thanks to this we end up with a confident Tenri not that different to Yui :haw:

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich
Gotta say, Keima is really good at crossdressing :haw:

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich

cafel posted:

That's kinda impossible if they want to include all the goddesses. Unless Tsukiyo and Yui just kind of show up out of nowhere.

And I doubt that the whole arc can fit on 12 episodes :psyduck:

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich

Nate RFB posted:

It'd be kind of weird, but could they do the goddess arc now and then re-visit the older arcs in an actual "III" season?

That's a possibility but is still odd that they made a pair of OVA's to introduce Tenri and Diana nad then skip a lot to do the Goddess arc.

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich

Rodyle posted:

Actually I think I've got it. Little girl, rankings, ruthless gaming of the system...

This is a raising sim.

Hm... fights demons, is neglectful at best of his charge's desires, has a demon sidekick that he abuses... clearly this is all just leading up to Keima becoming Gendo Shinkicker.

Oh man, can't wait for Tenri to just gently caress up all of Vintage for herself :haw:

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich
Is gonna be hilarious if Urara and Kaori shows on the present time trying to 'rekindle' their relationships with Keima in front of the godesses :haw:

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich

Allarion posted:

It's probably the snobbish foreigner girl of a high class family cliche, if I had to guess, though that character type might fall under princess or queen. Or you could go with a dirtier mindset and it's referring to a brothel mistress type, a la sexually mature older woman cliche who's usually in charge of younger girls, in which case Keima's been playing some hardcore stuff. The smoking Doctor is a fairly common cliche though, even already exists in the form of Keima's teacher already (the one who has some connection to Hell somehow).

EDIT: Clarste defined it better, but that's probably what it is.

Oh, he's certainly talking about the kind of character out of a Hardcore Eroge. After all, he did say that he wasn't interested on the Slave ending.

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich
This new season is gonna be a trainwreck :(

I don't even know how they're gonna fit the entire Goddess arc on 12 episodes :psyduck:

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich

PerrineClostermann posted:

That perfume feels a bit like an rear end-pull. Unless she's got some demon powers working for her, it just seems a bit...silly.

Maybe Wakaki is a fan of 'Perfume'? :v:

That being said, Kaori is really hosed up :stare:

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich
Kaori is loving bonkers, goddamn :stare:

I wonder if Kaori's manipulation is gonna remain a part on 'normal' Tenri's love for Keima.

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich
Now I really want to see Nikaido's ending :haw:

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich
New Chapter

This chapter totally wrecked me :smith:

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich

HerpicleOmnicron5 posted:

When he does show up, hes got a lot of explaining to do, namely about his illegitimate daughters...

Man, I feel so sorry for the guy. Keimom is gonna murder him.

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich
That was kind of underwhelming, and honestly felt a bit like padding.

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich
New Chapter

:3:

And it seems that we're approaching the end of this arc.

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich

ActionZero posted:

Also make sure not to skip the Goddess arc when you get to it in the manga. The anime has cut significant portions from it (never forgiving them for completely removing Fiore).

Woah, they removed Fiore? Awesome, I hated her on the manga since she was just another big bad wannabe and an awful character. That being said, the another Vintage gal isn't better but at least she has more personality.

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich
New Chapter

Keima's back! :dance:

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich
I marathoned through the third season this weekend and gotta say that's pretty great. Is still a drat shame that we skipped the summer arcs but the recap at the first episode does a good work of bringing everyone to speed.

Outside of minor details like Flonne and streaming certain plot points, is a fantastic adaptation of the Goddness arc, the music is wonderful (specially the full opening, twelve minutes of awesomeness) but goddamn if isn't a loving punch to the gut at the end, Chihiro :qq:

Hopefully we'll see anything more animated on the future. Now I'm off to watch the Magi-Kanon OVA :v:

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich
New Chapter

Never change Keima :allears:

And I guess we know now what Tenri told Diana during the Goddess' arc.

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich
New Chapter

Oh Kaori, you magnificent bastard.

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich
Sorry Kaori, you need to play more games :haw:

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich
Oh boy, can't wait to see what Kaori did these ten years :allears:

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich
:tviv:

That loving twist, that loving twist.

Yeah, I'm pretty sure that Nikaido's present day Dokuro. Another conquest for Keima :heysexy:

This arc have had it's downside but this 'almost ending' (since there's another task to accomplish' was worth it.

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich
Man, reading again their interactions after this reveal is really amusing, I wonder if we'll see a change on them once that Keima returns to the present.

Nikaido/Dokuro become a really good actor on those 10 years to be able to treat her oniichan like utter trash :haw:

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich

Einander posted:

Actually, I wouldn't be too surprised if she wasn't acting. She met Keima at the end of his character development, after he'd captured dozens of girls, matured as a person, and turned his personal drive and incredible competence to something other than video games, largely of his own volition. Keima's come kind of a long way since the start of the series.

So she finally gets to meet her oniichan again, after years and years! ...and he's kind of a shallow, apathetic little shithead. That's gotta be a downer.

Yeah, that seems to be the case and could explain why she has mellowed out on her last appearances, Keima's closer to her beloved oniichan now. That being said, the mental image of Nikaido saying somthing like 'welcome back oniichan' to Keima is hilarious :haw:

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich

Nate RFB posted:

To put it another way, it makes some of the stuff with Akari kind of weird. Why does Nikaido apparently need Akari to use her powers? Why is Akari ranked higher? We've learned very little of that relationship anyway, so again it could be a case of just not having enough information yet, but at face value it seems incongruous. I vaguely remember Nikaido mentioning going to college and such as well, when she should have been on the run from vintage this whole time. But then again Dokuro doesn't seem to really "know" the future, hence why she hedges her bets on whether they will meet again or not. There could be some memory manipulation shenanigans going on as well. Certainly an interesting plot thread either way.

Assuming that Nikaido= Dokuro, She's the trump card for New Hell but also, she doesn't want more unnecessary fighting, therefore she would need to lay low and have a 'normal' life to keep the timeline stable until Keima figures how to take down Vintage without causing another war. Akari's still a wild card here but is pretty obvious that she isn't a normal member of the runaway squad, I bet she's working with Dokuro Skull leaving only the question of if she's aware about Nikaido's true identity.

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich
I wouldn't say that we're grasping at straws, Wakaki's pretty good to have foreshadowing that we don't catch until dozens of chapters later, just see Chihiro's feelings for Keima, they were seeing us on the face since the beginning.

In any case, is been a while since we got a real discussion here and just for that this chapter was amazing.

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich
New Chapter

The way everything's falling into place is really impressive (even if we'll be seeing some differences on the present at the end of this arc)
Other than that, Keima's a stone cold motherfucker :drat:

And I'll say that the chances for Akari to be Elsie's sister have exponentially grown

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich
New Chapter

Now maybe I'm just a simpleton but I really liked this chapter, the interactions between the girls are solid gold and that ending, holy poo poo. :tviv:

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich

Nate RFB posted:

Chapter 253

Page 9 is a little weird... Is Lune talking to a human with a collar from Satyr? Kaori, perhaps?

Going for the context, it seems that it was an error on the art and is just a close-up of Lune talking with Satyr

Nice expository chapter but the obstacles on Keima's plan are kind of stupid.

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich
Loved the reveal, but this chapter felt like padding :(

Can we just enter the endgame already?

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich

Nate RFB posted:

On the other hand, we can look forward to the Runaway Spirit Squad getting their turn to shine again :buddy: If Akari turns out to be Elsie's sister, all the pieces are going to be there to wrap this up.

Given the opening color spread I was expecting to see an announcement for a Squad spinoff or something at the end of the chapter.

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich

Is it bad that I want to hug Elsie and tell her that everything will be okay?

This chapter actually made me cry :qq:

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich

vibratingsheep posted:

Or a visual novel/dating sim protagonist from the '90s through the early 2000s.

That would be the perfect twist and would explain why Keimom and Keidad's parents were so accepting of Elsie :v:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich
The heart of Jupiter arc is kind of lame anyways, is still surprise than sold so badly since I really enjoyed it. If someday it got sold here, I will buy it.

Is never gonna happen :smith:

• Locked thread