Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich
gently caress you Lune :argh:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich
Gotta agree with the feeling than the 'goddess' arc was the original end for the series, I still have to recognize Wakaki's writing skills since the retcons introduced these last chapters made sense and doesn't feel like an asspull (too much at least).

Since Urara's capture was made to write Deus Ex Granpa on the story, I'm hoping than Kaori's will have a good payoff.

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich

Clarste posted:

I did like that part, but it doesn't make the rest of the arc retroactively better.

Uh... I'd like to note that I'm not trying to say the whole thing was terrible or even unnecessary, but mostly that it was poorly paced. I feel like it could have been resolved in much fewer chapters in a much more satisfying way.

No doubt about it, since the story was pretty good before I'm blaming editors for this messed-up pacing. Maybe I'm just being optimist but it kind of feel like a transition stage while it sets a new overarching plot.
The manga is enjoyable but definitly is losing steam.

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich
Lune totally deserved that :colbert:

Hopefully this doesn't becomes an obstacle for Dokuro's tearful reunion with her beloved oniichan :haw:

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich

Dokaido keeps being loving awesome but this chapter felt like awful, AWFUL padding. C'mon Wakaki, get your head on the game :smith:

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich

The_Frag_Man posted:

The series has to get more popular somehow. :unsmigghh:
Keima gets a training montage after picking up fighting and wrestling games to brush up his physical skills, Chihiro turns yandere and becomes recurring antagonist. :getin:
Keima has to enter a underground fighting tournament in hell to capture girls that transform into weapons for some reason, ratings increase linearly as fanservice increases..

This is easier than I thought. :smith:

:v:

(but seriously, Date A Live is a good time waster)

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich
Shattered

gently caress YOU LUNE, gently caress YOU

Dokaido, no :ohdear:

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich
Ok is Wakaki best buds with the guy from Rosario to Vampire or what? I just wanted to keep reading a cute and smart harem comedy Goddamit, Dokkaido despair hit me really hard :smith:

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich
The Keima gag got a good laugh of me, but drat you Wakaki I want to know what happened on the main story :argh:

I actually wouldn't past of Wakaki than this is Tenri's solution to the clusterfuck of the past chapters :v:

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich

Sidesaddle Cavalry posted:

Magical girls can do anything. ANYTHING.

Indeed my friend, indeed

Well, that was fast.

(New chapter's out by the way :v:)

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich

cafel posted:

No, I'm pretty sure that the series is shifting gears and every chapter we'll have several grisly deaths of long time established characters. Expect Keima to go in the next chapter.

Nah guys you're only hosed if you're Vintage or Satyr, Dokkaido doesn't gently caress around.

Still I really liked this chapter since it finally something happened and is pretty obvious we're in the endgame of this arc, I do have the feeling than we're getting a push to the reset button and Lune will be around longer though. gently caress Lune

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich
And is out

Few thoughts:

*I like you a lot Ayumi but stop being so bitchy
*Keima, you magnificent bastard :allears:

*:qq: Chihiro

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich

CuddlyZombie posted:

I'm pretty sure he can't do anything bad enough to open up a gap in her heart, though, since Chihiro doesn't have one at the start of the series.

He can 'seduce' her to allow for her future gap to appear or plant the seeds for her inferiority complex though. In either case, Chihiro ALWAYS get the short end of the stick when Keima's involved :smith:

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich
Keima's letter is really sweet (and I wonder what was adressed to Tenri :heysexy:), seeing Tsukiyo's mom really tugged at my heartstrings :unsmith:

Is also fantastic than the arc is finally coming to an end but I wouldn't mind if things were to speed up a little.

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich

Zogundar posted:

So based on this page it looks like the latest Volumes have been averaging about 11 Chapters each. If we assume the next 11 Chapters not listed in a volume form Volume 25, that means there are.. 3 Chapters left. :suicide:

Did this get loving cancelled or something?

Are you kidding me?

THREE chapters?

Goddamit Wakaki, god-loving-dammit.

So much for a good ending then :smith:

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich

The few things can be read seems to be about Ayumi though.

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich

vibratingsheep posted:

The other option is the Adachi Ending, but I don't even think Adachi can pull those off very well.

Adachi ending? What ending is that?

The only Adachi I know is this fucker:

And I don't think you're talking about him :v:

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich

:smith:

It really is ending.

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich

Mikl posted:

Miyako ending or :frogout:

:colbert:

Who the gently caress is Miyako? :psyduck:

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich

Einander posted:

It's not too complicated to end things in three chapters, really. I mean, remember how the Goddess arc ended. Now, like then, Keima's job is to set things up, step back, and then let it all work out. All of the stuff with Satyr and the underlying social structure of Hell? That's someone else's problem. So what's left for Keima?

One chapter for the Goddesses (which is also when he gets back), one chapter for Dokuro, Elsie and Haqua (stuff happened in Hell! here's what it was!), one chapter for Keima himself (which is where the relationship question will be settled, if it is at all (it better be)).

Welp, you were right

But you know Wakaki will either pull a massive asspull to end the series next chapter or it really will branch on a spin-off. I thinking it will be the latter given this chapter ending

Also

Kanon/Apollo finally lost it :stare:

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich
Chapter 266

WHAT IN THE FLYING gently caress?

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich

Allarion posted:

Her full name is Elucia de Lute Ima though, so it's kinda a stretch. I assume the reason Keima was suspicious was due to the fact that he had basically caused the events of the future to happened himself, the one odd exception was the choice of Elsie, which basically up to this point probably raises a red flag in his mind given how everything else has been connected. Could have been foreshadowed better though but it kind of makes sense in a gamey kind of way.

Now than you mention it, how exactly Elsie ended on the past in the first place? I thought than the goddess only sended Keima.

Edit ^Fake memories? it still needs to be a really long con since Haqua met Elsie on school

Dark_Tzitzimine fucked around with this message at 22:26 on Apr 4, 2014

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich
I feel like a 'not enterely-retcon' is coming.

And also, on a second reading is clear than Elsie did existed and she was indeed an orphan, Dokuro got the drop on everyone by reincarnanting the 'ultimate weapon' as Elsie long before everything started plotting.

Dark_Tzitzimine fucked around with this message at 22:36 on Apr 4, 2014

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich
Reading on the internet I've found two theories about this twist:

*Elsie is Demeter
*Elsie is the giant than trashed the boat

And according to Wakaki's blog, he's ending the series on his terms since people wanted for him to continue. :psyduck:

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich

Zogundar posted:

Translation:
"Someone is holding a gun to my head. Send help!"

I'm trying to wrap my head around that statement. So if people HADN'T wanted him to continue, he would have? :psyduck: indeed!

Here's the original blog post:

http://blog.wakakitamiki.coolblog.jp/?eid=1311132

And here what the guys over Red Hawk Scans said about it:

quote:

'Based on this blogpost, is it right that the author is ending the series by his own will?
Also, I can't seem to understand this "これだけ長いこと続けてきて、まだやめないでと言ってくれる方がいてくれる。" part.
Any idea what does he mean by that?'

Yeah, he is ending the series by his own will (the excerpt この終了についてはボクが自分で決めました says it).

The Japanese part you quoted here say there are people that told Wakaki not to stop there yet after having come this far.
And he seems pleased to read that because he thanks them afterwards.

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich

Demicol posted:

I don't think we should throw in the towel just yet, there's still 2-3 chapters left, anything could happen, if this chapter was any indication.

Agreed I mean, there were foreshadowing:

http://www.batoto.net/read/_/218749/the-world-god-only-knows_ch257_by_red-hawk-scans/18

http://www.batoto.net/read/_/218749/the-world-god-only-knows_ch257_by_red-hawk-scans/17

http://www.batoto.net/read/_/218749/the-world-god-only-knows_ch257_by_red-hawk-scans/19

EDIT: Heck, the drat thing was foreshadowed since here:

http://www.batoto.net/read/_/166919/the-world-god-only-knows_ch225_by_red-hawk-scans/3

http://www.batoto.net/read/_/166919/the-world-god-only-knows_ch225_by_red-hawk-scans/14

:psyboom:

Dark_Tzitzimine fucked around with this message at 04:55 on Apr 5, 2014

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich
FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCK

I wanted an Ayumi end :negative:

It was a great chapter though.

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich
On the other hand, Wakaki took the name of the manga very seriously, now only he (god)knows his world :v:

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich

Clarste posted:

As a Chihiro fan I'm fairly unmoved because of the awkward execution, but as an anti-Ayumi fan I'm super excited to see people's dreams crushed. Sorry.

You're a monster :smith:

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich
Now that I actually thought a little about this chapter Kind of a dick move towards Tenri, she waited ten loving years and was instrumental for everything to happen and this girl who knows Keima for a year tops, is the true heroine

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich

Clarste posted:

Depends on what he wrote to her in the letter, doesn't it? I wouldn't be surprised if he told her his true feelings towards Chihiro and let her down gently from the very beginning. She's always been characterized as not really trying to win, much to the annoyance of Diana.

Super Jay Mann posted:

I'm willing to bet he explained how he felt in that letter, so she knew all along. That could also explain why she never even attempted to make a move even though she clearly liked him.

Maybe...

Wakaki should've used an Elsie ex Machina to clone Keima and so gave every girl a happy ending :smith:

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich
Haqua was the first one to call him out on his bullshit and the first to see his weakness.

So yeah, she was a legitimate contender.

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich

The_Frag_Man posted:

I really hope there's another big twist in the next chapter.

Urara/Kaori/Dokuro will be back and she will be Keima true love

:v:

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich
Well, gently caress. I'll better wait for the chapter to be released before say something.

And is out

FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCK YOU WAKAKI :argh:

Dark_Tzitzimine fucked around with this message at 18:35 on Apr 18, 2014

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich

Alpha Kenny Juan posted:

But drat I might not have cared what happened to Tenri, but holding onto that letter/rejection for so long. That was brutal.

That's my beef with the ending, Keima's a loving rear end in a top hat.

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich
Wakaki shoud've fully embraced the Elsie Ex Machina so: Hell's closed, the goddess are sent back to heaven and rewrite everyone memories so no one else aside of Chihiro and Dokaido remember Keima.

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich

Dexo posted:

She was the only non goddess, if Keima's lesson was going to be related to living in the "real world" The only option is the normal one.

A real world where demons and goddesses walk among mankind :v:

But seriously, the thing what happened with Chihiro is something that happens to everyone she would've gotten better eventually. Tenri has to live now with a goddess inside her as a permament memento of her failed first love. Dick move.

Dark_Tzitzimine fucked around with this message at 07:20 on Apr 19, 2014

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich

Angry Grimace posted:

Not only that, but he gave her the rejection letter well before she even had developed any kind of feelings for him. Because she was like 6.

Except that the letter in question was the one he instructed her to open 10 years later when they met again.

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich

Angry Grimace posted:

Ah. I guess I forgot about it. But still, she opened it before any of the adventures started, right?

And after fostering her love to Keima for 10 years.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich

Boogaleeboo posted:

Keima is incredibly intelligent and understands it's better for people to have a clean break rather than false hope.

He should've crushed 7 year-old Tenri hopes then or at least he should've told her personally.

And discounting how much of an rear end in a top hat Keima is there's a lot of problems with the ending itself:

- Why keep the goddesses on earth? (and that's if Diana wasn't the only one that stayed as an ultimate gently caress you to Tenri)
- What's gonna happen with Dokaido now?
- Urara and Kaori plots were a total waste of time
- The whole Ellie Deus Ex Machina thing
- Why Haqua and Nora are still on earth if the runaway squad went kaput
- How the gently caress is New Hell gonna work now...

gently caress, and I really liked this series :negative:

• Locked thread