Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
XboxPants
Jan 30, 2006

Steven doesn't want me watching him sleep anymore.
Well that seems like a problem.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

XboxPants
Jan 30, 2006

paragon1 posted:

My money is on Shiori.

I'd say it's gonna be Kanon based on how clearly unpopular she is.

XboxPants
Jan 30, 2006

HiveCommander posted:

I really want to know what Tenri meant by "That goes for Keima-kun too" just after Ayumi says that she really fell in love with him. Ayumi end? :swoon:

I just took it to mean that happened for every conquest, at least a little bit. It's kind of obvious, really; he specifically designs these scenarios to be something that would make anyone fall in love, so of course it would happen to Keima, too. Hasn't he said something about falling in love with every conquest when referring to games? Then, remember that he considers life to be just a "lovely game". There's no reason the same rule wouldn't apply, and the relationships he develops with real-life conquests are just that much more intimate, deep, and visceral. He just didn't have the emotional maturity to realize or accept that it was happening at first.

Something like that would go along really well with the way they've been developing his character; he gives off this image like he's only interested in the 2D world and isn't affected in the least by his interactions with real humans. But no matter what he says, he's a real human too. His whole "I don't care about real people" routine is total BS, even if he believes it himself, which all culminates in his total emotional breakdown after the Chihiro arc.

The_Frag_Man posted:

We still haven't seen all of it yet. I wanna know what it says about Chihiro. If you read the small writing, it indicates that he wrote about her.

What small writing?

XboxPants
Jan 30, 2006

Autonomous Monster posted:

I just like talking about Adachi, I guess. Maybe I should make a thread?

I wouldn't mind, Cross Game is pretty much my favorite baseball manga ever.

though maybe that's just because I like romance/sentimental manga better than sports, like you said

XboxPants
Jan 30, 2006

Do we know it's 3 chapters? Didn't someone say that the last volume might have a few extra? I could definitely see this ending in 4/5/6 chapters, even if 3 is a stretch.

Einander posted:

It's not too complicated to end things in three chapters, really. I mean, remember how the Goddess arc ended. Now, like then, Keima's job is to set things up, step back, and then let it all work out. All of the stuff with Satyr and the underlying social structure of Hell? That's someone else's problem.

Yeah. It's probably useful to look back at how the Vintage arc wrapped up. Remember that final battle? We barely even glimpsed it. That's just not what this manga's about. TWGOK is a fantasy and a comedy, but at its core it's a character drama about Keima and the people close to him, so that's what it's gonna focus on. And if they deal with the end of this arc as quickly as they dealt with the fall of Vintage, that'll leave them plenty of time to resolve Keima's arc, and maybe even his relationships with the goddesses, Chihiro, and Elsie.

XboxPants
Jan 30, 2006

yeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeessssssssssss

Yeah sure it was badly paced and kind of unfulfilling but, hey, anything else would have been terrible. Also the Elsie thing was a great direction to take her character. :unsmith:

XboxPants
Jan 30, 2006

Man, what are you guys on about?

Letting Tenri know she didn't have a chance wasn't cruelty, it was kindness. It made things easier on her, not harder. Compare the emotional rollercoaster that Ayumi had to go on because she didn't know it Keima was a lost cause, and how bitter she ended up about everything. Also consider that when he gave her that letter she was so young, she wasn't even really into him yet, I doubt it brought her world crashing down around her.

Keima was literally more of a dick to every single other goddess besides her. I mean, really, you guys didn't get that?

XboxPants
Jan 30, 2006

Namtab posted:

He probably could have worded it better than "you will never stand a chance" though.

Yeah that's totally fair. I took that as just a part of the rushed ending and was alright with it because of that, but that's not really an in-universe excuse.

XboxPants
Jan 30, 2006

Captain Invictus posted:

That's unfortunate but not the end of the world.

Just finished chapter 64, it'd be nice to have another more constant character aside from Elsie, Katsuragi, and mom. And she has a neat gimmick. Nora and Ryou seem to be the Team Rocket for TWGOK, wonder if they'll show up a bunch. I really liked the sudden shift to Elsie returning home to hell and interacting naturally with most everyone too.

Still cute, and Elsie still rules. :allears:

Edit, it's exposition time, it's exposition time!

I'm enjoying your updates as a new reader, please keep posting them. :) I'd also be interested to hear what you think of the various girls, who you think is interesting/lame/etc.

XboxPants
Jan 30, 2006

Captain Invictus posted:

Kaori sucks and is a boring character, this school thing is dragging on too long, looks like I'm heading towards the "mess of an ending" or whatever! :allears:

Personally I thought the school thing was fun. (the part after Urara that is)

You might want to start paying extra attention to things starting from here so that certain developments don't seem to come out of left field.

I really hope you didn't find that to be a spoiler, I'm sorry if you do. :(

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

XboxPants
Jan 30, 2006

Captain Invictus posted:

edit: I like how this double triangle-horned devil is just a gigantic sweets pig. Every panel with her in it it seems she has some kind of candy or soda.

If Elsie's cooking is representative of the kinda food they have in hell then I don't blame her one bit for taking sweet sweet advantage of being on earth.

• Locked thread