Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
colas
Feb 14, 2007

Every time I amazon search a Lego I'd be interested in assembling I find that for the price I could buy something way more enjoyable.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SybilVimes
Oct 29, 2011

colas posted:

Every time I amazon search a Lego I'd be interested in assembling I find that for the price I could buy something way more enjoyable.

Brick link is a far cheaper way, or maybe eBay but avoid the 'rare' stuff, just get generic 80s/90s sets

colas
Feb 14, 2007

I'm talking about the Guggenheim or other Frank Lloyd Wright sets, that or Star Destroyer.

Shifty Nipples
Apr 8, 2007

i had a ninja turtle blimp :colbert:

colas
Feb 14, 2007

I never had any of their vehicles. :( my two-finger scroll stopped working and I'm tabbing through this poo poo like a savage.

Coffee And Pie
Nov 4, 2010

"Blah-sum"?
More like "Blawesome"

colas posted:

I never had any of their vehicles. :( my two-finger scroll stopped working and I'm tabbing through this poo poo like a savage.

Holy poo poo, I just discovered I can do this on my laptop.

colas
Feb 14, 2007

I wonder if the big breweries will ever start making craft beers.

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Your life and your quest end here.

Coffee And Pie posted:

Holy poo poo, I just discovered I can do this on my laptop.

You can probably set up other stuff as well, like two-finger tapping for right-click. Mine also has configurable actions for two, three and four finger tapping and scrolling.

paragon1
Nov 22, 2010

FULL COMMUNISM NOW

colas posted:

No, but I can see some them making slightly thicker piss-water and calling it craft beer.

colas
Feb 14, 2007

I did a quick google/skim and someone compared them doing so to McDonald's serving high quality steaks. It's just not their market.

Fashionable Jorts
Jan 18, 2010

Maybe if I'm busy it could keep me from you

I think I just took the most perfect dump of my life.

Every poop I have from now on will make me sad, as they will not be as good as this one. Alternatively, this is the beginning of a life of great poops.

Sir John Falstaff
Apr 13, 2010

colas posted:

They already do, they just don't do it under their own names. Anheuser Busch owns Goose Island, MillerCoors owns Blue Moon, Henry Weinhard's, and Leinenkugel's, etc.

(Note: At least by some definitions, the big breweries can never make craft beers--for example, the Brewers Association defines a craft brewery as one that produces 6 million barrels of beer per year or less, and is not owned or controlled by a brewer that is not a craft brewer.)

Sir John Falstaff has a new favorite as of 03:29 on Feb 23, 2014

Grassy Knowles
Apr 4, 2003

"The original Terminator was a gritty fucking AMAZING piece of sci-fi. Gritty fucking rock-hard MURDER!"

kannonfodder posted:

I think I just took the most perfect dump of my life.

Every poop I have from now on will make me sad, as they will not be as good as this one. Alternatively, this is the beginning of a life of great poops.

If you get enough fiber and water in the day, almost every poop can feel that way.

AlbieQuirky
Oct 9, 2012

Just me and my 🌊dragon🐉 hanging out

Sir John Falstaff posted:

They already do, they just don't do it under their own names. Anheuser Busch owns Goose Island, MillerCoors owns Blue Moon, Henry Weinhard's, and Leinenkugel's, etc.

(Note: At least by some definitions, the big breweries can never make craft beers--for example, the Brewers Association defines a craft brewery as one that produces 6 million barrels of beer per year or less, and is not owned or controlled by a brewer that is not a craft brewer.)

Yes. There are lots of breweries that would be called "craft breweries" in terms of their production volumes and techniques, but don't qualify because they're owned by megabreweries.

Which is perfect for the megabreweries, because they get the $$ from craft beer drinkers with their craft-style subsidiaries, and still can run their high-volume breweries at top speed with lovely technique for people who just want to swill thin anygrain lagers.

Coffee And Pie
Nov 4, 2010

"Blah-sum"?
More like "Blawesome"
Got/stole this sweet sign from the library I work at:

It's sweet, makes my place look like some sort of superhero headquarters.

Sir John Falstaff
Apr 13, 2010

AlbieQuirky posted:

Yes. There are lots of breweries that would be called "craft breweries" in terms of their production volumes and techniques, but don't qualify because they're owned by megabreweries.

Yeah--but I'm a bit suspicious of the definition of craft brewery, at least the one put out by the Brewers Association. It seems to be a very political definition, in that it changed from 2 million barrels to 6 million barrels pretty much just because otherwise Boston Beer Company would no longer qualify as a craft brewery.

Fernhill
Oct 28, 2013

Just so no one else makes the same mistake I did, the McDonald's McCafé Shamrock Shake is not lime-flavored. It is a disgusting sugary vanilla-mint flavor, and the green is just coloring.

Hemingway To Go!
Nov 10, 2008

im stupider then dog shit, i dont give a shit, and i dont give a fuck, and i will never shut the fuck up, and i'll always Respect my enemys.
- ernest hemingway

Fernhill posted:

Just so no one else makes the same mistake I did, the McDonald's M

Got it, don't eat at mcdonalds

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
McCafe is poo poo, don't hate on the burgers man

StandardVC10
Feb 6, 2007

This avatar now 50% more dark mode compliant
I had an Orange Cream Milkshake at Fatburger tonight, I don't know why I was expecting it to be anything other than incredibly sweet. Pretty good I guess.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

I'd love an orange milkshake. Maybe with some liquorice.

Fashionable Jorts
Jan 18, 2010

bowmore posted:

McCafe is poo poo, don't hate on the burgers man

McDonalds burgers are by far the best fast food burgers, and are better than most restaurant burgers while costing half as much.

13Pandora13
Nov 5, 2008

I've got tiiits that swingle dangle dingle

Fernhill posted:

Just so no one else makes the same mistake I did, the McDonald's McCafé Shamrock Shake is not lime-flavored. It is a disgusting sugary vanilla-mint flavor, and the green is just coloring.

How the Christ did you not know what a goddamn Shamrock shake is?!

Fernhill
Oct 28, 2013

13Pandora13 posted:

How the Christ did you not know what a goddamn Shamrock shake is?!

Are you saying that I should have expected it to be shamrock flavored?

DJ Fuckboy Supreme
Feb 10, 2011

And when you stare long into the abyss, you become aggressively, terminally chill

Fernhill posted:

Are you saying that I should have expected it to be shamrock flavored?

Shamrock's always mint, man.

It's always mint.

You Are A Werewolf
Apr 26, 2010

Black Gold!

kannonfodder posted:

McDonalds burgers are by far the best fast food burgers, and are better than most restaurant burgers while costing half as much.

Either you are 7 years old, have brain damage, or you are Andrew Dobson.

Or are a combination of the three.

paragon1
Nov 22, 2010

FULL COMMUNISM NOW

kannonfodder posted:

Have you ever considered the possibility that you've never actually tasted a burger before?

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
The burgers are poo poo but also tasty at the same time

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Hamburgers in general are poo poo food for idiots :tipshat:

Fashionable Jorts
Jan 18, 2010

Jerry Cotton posted:

Hamburgers in general are poo poo food for idiots :tipshat:

Pretty much. Unless you make them yourself, they are borderline cardboard anywhere you go. Almost every place I've gone the meat is flavourless and it all comes down to the sauces used in preparation, which McDonalds happens to have one of the better.

Guaranteed that a blind taste test none of you could tell the difference between a $5 fast food and a $20 restaurant burger.

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

As far as lovely mass chain fast food burgers go, I'd say Sonic has the best. They actually taste like hamburger.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Fister Roboto posted:

As far as lovely mass chain fast food burgers go, I'd say Sonic has the best. They actually taste like hamburger.

Gotta burg fast :newlol:

venus de lmao
Apr 30, 2007

Call me "pixeltits"

kannonfodder posted:

Pretty much. Unless you make them yourself, they are borderline cardboard anywhere you go. Almost every place I've gone the meat is flavourless and it all comes down to the sauces used in preparation, which McDonalds happens to have one of the better.

Guaranteed that a blind taste test none of you could tell the difference between a $5 fast food and a $20 restaurant burger.

I'm sorry your taste buds are broken.

syscall girl
Nov 7, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

Jerry Cotton posted:

Gotta burg fast :newlol:

Humbug.

EXTREME INSERTION
Jun 4, 2011

by LadyAmbien

Fister Roboto posted:

I can't eat them :( they don't taste good to me

The ideology eater
Oct 20, 2010

IT'S GARBAGE DAY AT WENDY'S FUCK YEAH WE EATIN GOOD TONIGHT

kannonfodder posted:

Sorry about your poo poo restaurants. Are you eating at Applebees or some poo poo? Do you not have any restaurants around you that grind their own meat so you have to get them well done? Something is very wrong.

paragon1
Nov 22, 2010

FULL COMMUNISM NOW
Also McDonald's feels like a brick passing all the way through. Food should not make you intensely aware of every inch of your GI tract!

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right
Holy poo poo but the STOP REPORTING STUPID poo poo YOU IDIOTS stickied thread has some hilarious stuff, I love those glimpses behind the scenes.

So have the mods been getting concerned private messages over the fact that there's a new rule not to report memes outside the meme thread while the old rule about not posting memes outside the meme thread is still active? :v:

gleebster
Dec 16, 2006

Only a howler
Pillbug

Coffee And Pie posted:

Got/stole this sweet sign from the library I work at:

It's sweet, makes my place look like some sort of superhero headquarters.

If you have the storage space for all those Congressional Records and USDA reports and whatnot, more power to ya.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fashionable Jorts
Jan 18, 2010

I miss when this thread was stickied.

• Locked thread