Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
venus de lmao
Apr 30, 2007

Call me "pixeltits"

het posted:

if you allow open-faced sandwiches to be considered sandwiches, then pizza is a sandwich, and anyone who thinks pizza is a sandwich is an idiot by definition.

Are open-faced sandwiches pizzas?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

venus de lmao
Apr 30, 2007

Call me "pixeltits"

I like doing pushups and situps while watching Cosmos.

Also hiking. Hiking is great.

venus de lmao
Apr 30, 2007

Call me "pixeltits"

A GLISTENING HODOR posted:

Karnov or you're literally the smelly kid that said Sega was better.

I only ever had a Genesis as a kid. Was... was I smelly? :ohdear:

venus de lmao
Apr 30, 2007

Call me "pixeltits"

The fact that you don't know means you had no friends, who would tell you, so therefore yes.

I have friends now though so it's okay. :unsmith:

venus de lmao
Apr 30, 2007

Call me "pixeltits"

General Panic posted:

What exactly are Rivals.com puns and why do so many people get probated for them?

I had a look at the website, which is obviously something to do with American sport, but I don't want to have to actually read all of it and I can't think of another thread where asking the question wouldn't be derailing.

Take an athlete's name or a team name. Replace part of it with an insulting word. It's not funny and it's what they do at Rivals.com so that's how it got the name.

venus de lmao
Apr 30, 2007

Call me "pixeltits"

mysterious frankie posted:

bibimbap is pretty tasty and also fun to say

This is true of all Korean food.

venus de lmao
Apr 30, 2007

Call me "pixeltits"

You should learn to make pitas because there is nothing quite like a fresh pita that's still hot and puffy. :kimchi:

venus de lmao
Apr 30, 2007

Call me "pixeltits"

Eggplant Wizard posted:

True dis. Mine have never been as soft and puffy as restaurant ones though. More fat, maybe?

Are you cooking it on a stone? Make sure it's hot enough before you throw your bread on it. High-gluten flour also helps a lot, as long as you knead it enough. I wouldn't use too much fat, maybe a tablespoon or so of olive oil depending on how much dough you're making. Fat will make it softer (I use olive oil in my pizza dough for a nice chewy crust), but the best way to make it puffy is to knead it thoroughly and really develop the gluten so it can hold air better.

This may all be terribly obvious but the way I've always made bread is through trial and error. Try something different and see how it changes the final product. The best thing about making bread is that even if you gently caress it up it's still tasty.

venus de lmao
Apr 30, 2007

Call me "pixeltits"

OMG, it's so bouncy! :3:

Picture that, only about three times the size with a big fat pink nose.

That's a ferret.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8QHWoOHL8_c

venus de lmao
Apr 30, 2007

Call me "pixeltits"

Those fuckin' ears, holy poo poo :kimchi:

venus de lmao
Apr 30, 2007

Call me "pixeltits"

A teacher once told me a story of a friend of hers who had a little poodle with a little pillbox hat. The poodle loved that hat. Put it on one day when company was over and strutted proudly into the living room. Naturally everyone cracked up, but poor doggie ran away and hid the hat and never wore it again.

venus de lmao
Apr 30, 2007

Call me "pixeltits"

Infinite pierogi sounds like a very Polish superpower.

venus de lmao
Apr 30, 2007

Call me "pixeltits"

lidnsya posted:

My favourite highschool stereotype is the lone wolf guy who takes shop classes and smokes behind the school and has a troubled home life and possibly plays guitar.

My friend Dan was literally this guy. Except maybe not shop classes.

venus de lmao
Apr 30, 2007

Call me "pixeltits"

A couple of y'all are alright, but a PYF goonmeet would have a handful of really funny people and three times as many dweebs getting angry at them for being funny.

venus de lmao
Apr 30, 2007

Call me "pixeltits"

Salvia, on the other hand, will make you realize just how fragile and imperfect this transient existence is.

Or it'll make you think you're a tree for an hour. One or the other.

venus de lmao
Apr 30, 2007

Call me "pixeltits"

I like framboise.

venus de lmao
Apr 30, 2007

Call me "pixeltits"

Cats are cool because they are pretty much masters of not giving a gently caress.

Have a cool cat. Be a cool cat. :c00l:

venus de lmao
Apr 30, 2007

Call me "pixeltits"

West007 posted:

Dinosaurs used to be my favourite thing, I wanted to be archaeologist when I grow up, that dream is long lost.

Archaeologists study the remains of human civilizations and peoples. Paleontologists study dinosaurs and such.

You can still do it! I believe in you! :unsmith:

venus de lmao
Apr 30, 2007

Call me "pixeltits"

Hambourgeois. :patriot:

venus de lmao
Apr 30, 2007

Call me "pixeltits"

Bash Ironfist posted:

The vet I go to has a store cat. He has no tail and has to have his anal glands expressed all the time because he was run over. But now he lives with the vet/at the clinic, and just chills in the reception area, getting all the pets by the people who come in. :3:

The vet clinic where I got my kitten spayed had a resident kitty. He had no tail and was a very friendly orange tabby who loved meeting everyone who came in.

This wouldn't happen to be in Jamaica Plain, MA?

venus de lmao
Apr 30, 2007

Call me "pixeltits"

I tried to make a shirt, forgot to mark some crucial spots on the pattern, and now cannot assemble it. :downs:

venus de lmao
Apr 30, 2007

Call me "pixeltits"

Does SAS have a golf thread?

venus de lmao
Apr 30, 2007

Call me "pixeltits"

Cease to Hope posted:

Organize a protest march.

That would attract their attention. :ohdear:

venus de lmao
Apr 30, 2007

Call me "pixeltits"

I picked some wild berries today. Blackberries. I think. Picking wild blackberries owns and I highly recommend it. Start in early summer, though.

venus de lmao
Apr 30, 2007

Call me "pixeltits"

I haven't had breakfast yet.

venus de lmao
Apr 30, 2007

Call me "pixeltits"

My first concert was Children of Bodom (I know :cripes:) with Trivium and Amon Amarth opening.

Amon Amarth was by far the highlight of the evening. Johann Hegg came out with a loving drinking horn full of beer and drank a toast to the audience. Trivium sucked and Matt Heafy acted like such an unbelievable rear end in a top hat.

My first festival was Sounds of the Underground 2006, at which I met a topless gal who'd gotten her tits autographed by two members of GWAR.

The best live album is Tom Waits' Big Time, as previously stated.

venus de lmao
Apr 30, 2007

Call me "pixeltits"

Tulip posted:

There is nothing to be ashamed of, and if CoB is the worst of it you got loving lucky

Hey, I didn't mention Amon Amarth's tour, the one Decapitated would've been on if not for the accident, that had Sonic Syndicate as an opening act.

Sonic Syndicate is a poppy screamo band that is so loving terrible that people sat down in the pit instead of moshing and pretty much booed through the entire set. The nicest thing I heard anyone say about them was that the bassist was kinda cute.

venus de lmao
Apr 30, 2007

Call me "pixeltits"

Tiggum posted:

Do people really say "ombudsperson"? Because that is really dumb. Just because a word has the syllable "man" in it doesn't mean it's referring to males. "Ombudsman" comes from the Norwegian word "ombudsmann", it's not a combination of "ombuds" and "man" like "policeman".

It's from Swedish, spelled the same as in English, and originally from Old Norse umboðsmaðr. And maðr actually means man. As in a male. For that matter, so does Swedish man and Norwegian mann.

I don't know what you're getting at but it's completely wrong except that "ombudsperson" is a really clumsy and dumb-sounding word.

e: For that matter, ombudsman sounds dumb too. Can't we use a different word?

venus de lmao
Apr 30, 2007

Call me "pixeltits"

MoonwalkInvincible posted:

"Ombudsman" is a fine word if only because it sounds inappropriately ominous. Like a job that should require you to wear a cowl.

I have completely reversed my opinion on the word and this is how I will picture ombudsmen in the future.

Chanting in a dead language is probably also involved.

venus de lmao
Apr 30, 2007

Call me "pixeltits"

VanSandman posted:

Yeah mocking dogs for being dogs is fun but then they wag their tail since they're just happy to see you so they usually end up getting my crusts in pizza situations.

Dogs have no idea what's going on most of the time, but they're happy to be included anyway.

venus de lmao
Apr 30, 2007

Call me "pixeltits"

Spanish Manlove posted:

The best part is that one of the models at the beginning in the orange mocha frappuchino/gasoline fight scene is Alexander Skarsgård who plays Eric Northman on true blood.

In Thor, the guy who plays the old scientist is his dad, Stellan Skarsgård, who is fairly famous in Sweden.

venus de lmao
Apr 30, 2007

Call me "pixeltits"

Tulip posted:

I can't think of a way in which it is bad.

Steamed into yellowish mush like everyone's grandma used to do. I suspect that this remorseless wholesale ruining of broccoli is why so many grown-rear end adults still hate it.

quote:

I'm gonna go have some with some homemade hummus, it's gonna be rad.

Nothing is ever not awesome with homemade hummus.

venus de lmao
Apr 30, 2007

Call me "pixeltits"

I eat cold leftover ribs from a restaurant I didn't go to.

venus de lmao
Apr 30, 2007

Call me "pixeltits"

I dreamed that I was late for class and/or was in a class I had never signed up for in a language I didn't speak for at least a couple years after I graduated.

gently caress you, brain. gently caress you.

venus de lmao
Apr 30, 2007

Call me "pixeltits"

Bullshit, I hated them in high school.

venus de lmao
Apr 30, 2007

Call me "pixeltits"

I made the mistake of learning a Xhosa song and now I can't stop singing it to myself. Here it is being sung by a white-rear end Belgian dude (just because it is a good recording):

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CmOFPnYRYzY

And here is half-Xhosa South African comedian Trevor Noah wowing Stephen Fry with it:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=baEiWB2aM9Y

I love Trevor Noah. Have some more of him making fun of South Africa's president, Jacob Zuma.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q12H1dpOwdE

Igqirha lendlela nguqongqothwane...

venus de lmao
Apr 30, 2007

Call me "pixeltits"

VanSandman posted:

What should I put into warm cider anyway? You know, cider stewed with a cinnamon stick in it and maybe a slice of grapefruit or something also. I DON'T REMEMBER, it's been a while.

Also, for Christmas: where's a good place to get real hard eggnog if you live in NC?

Aged rum, maybe? As for the eggnog, my answer is wherever you get bourbon, eggs, cream, and sugar.

According to Wikipedia, the French name for eggnog is lait de poule, or hen milk.

venus de lmao
Apr 30, 2007

Call me "pixeltits"

I, for one, enjoy watching terribly unfunny people try to be funny. It's funny, just not in the way they think.

venus de lmao
Apr 30, 2007

Call me "pixeltits"

I have the awesome Android keyboard app SwiftKey, which has a predictive typing feature that's usually pretty good. If I hit the suggestion over and over, though, without typing anything, just taking the suggested word that appears in the middle at the top of the keyboard, I get the sentence "I am a terrible Irish person and I can't drink Guinness."

I don't remember ever using that sentence. :wtc:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

venus de lmao
Apr 30, 2007

Call me "pixeltits"

Tulip posted:

Mad Men Costume Parties are the laziest, whitest goddamn poo poo.

Please tell me people don't actually do this. Even Jon Hamm has said that the suits only look as good as they do on set, surrounded by 1960s-era decor and fashion. Walk off set in a three-piece with a slim tie and a fedora, and you suddenly look very dated. Sharp, but dated.

• Locked thread