Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

I'd like to take the opportunity provided by this thread to say gently caress cabybaras and gently caress those who post them. They are my least favourite animal and all other animals by comparison are my favourite. I would like to form a community of like-minded individuals in this thread.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

I like working in

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

First you're going to have a post a picture proving that you do, indeed, hate pants.

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

The best Mario game is Mario 64 because if you leave the controls alone Mario will start listing his favourite foods under his breath in a drowsy trance and it reminds me of PYF.

Also it was amazing for its time.

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

Well, it finally happened, there's a new drama thread.

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

tbp posted:

Let's change the topic

Did you ever find it a bit worrying that in Donkey Kong Country II, Diddy Kong and Dixie Kong were cousins as well as boyfriend/girlfriend?

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

Well I mean if you look at this chart I found on the internet they might be brother/sister, nothing precludes that.

All we know is that Diddy is Donkey's nephew, Dixie is Chunky's cousin, and Chunky is Donkey's cousin. If Chunky is the father of Diddy then ahahaha you care about fictional ape incest

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

All art is, in fact, video games.

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

Please post videos of your rats being tonged. Well, tweezed, probably.

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

bunnybean posted:

"I'd like to report a hit-and-run," my husband observes

And then the police and the deer and the vomit stood up and clapped, and that accident victim is now his husband

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

Cut Gordon some slack, he (vaguely NWS) doesn't sleep very well.

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

tbp posted:

Are you a big comics fan?

I like German comics about apes.

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

My favourite PYF thread is probably that picture one they've got going in YOSPOS.

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

He only posts on SomethingSensitive now.

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

Are you crowdsourcing your lunch choice

It does sound pretty good though so yeah, get it.

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

There is one: http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3319674

I think there's still scope for a "PYF Jokes That You Didn't Just Make Up And Are Actually Funny" thread, though.

e: YOU

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

A lively maggot.

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

The only true dogs are dogs that can log onto internet forums and discuss for pages and pages what alcoholic beverages their owners should and should not drink.

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

Dr Snofeld posted:

Pugs are hilarious.

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

Evelyn Nesbit posted:

My dog is a terrier-chihauhau mix, which mostly means that he is really insane and really stupid looking. I love him.

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

I like the kind of burgers you queue for an hour at a no-booking hipster resturant to get.

Seriously though there are some pretty amazing burger places in London and if you go to a decent place to get them then at least you're able to pretend they don't contain horse.

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

Guys please post your fitness routines in the Post Your Routine thread and don't derail the Food, Anime, Animals and Cries for Attention thread.

To reiterate: there is a thread where people are typing up and sharing their daily routine.

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

Shine posted:

Did you just call me a coon?

Red panda, dude. I think it's some sort of obscure sexual slur.

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

Why would you want to meet PYF goons?

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

It'd be people talking about what they're drinking and if anyone tried to talk about anything else they'd get yelled at for derailing.

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

Phthisis posted:

This'll be the first year I'm not out of town for Anthrocon. Lets get some PYF goons to meet up at this bar for The Worst Goonmeet.

Sounds great! I'll make the website!

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

slingshot effect posted:

This is a real cool conversation and all but I just wanted to let you know that I made some rad goat curry for dinner and that, my friends, is A Real High.

Post your recipe. Not enough people eat goat.

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

Same.

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

I'm glad your dog is of decent size and is not pointlessly small.

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

Small dogs are usually cool. Large dogs are always cool.

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

NienNunb posted:

I don't follow.

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

Illegibly Eligible posted:

Why do such a large number of dogs do this when they're perplexed? It certainly isn't learned behavior and I fail to understand how it serves any evolutionary advantage. Did this come about due to selective breeding?

It's all vertebrates, actually. It's one of those weird parochial things that come from bottlenecks in the whole evolutionary process, like the fact that every creature has its nose above its mouth, or that life on earth uses L-chirality amino acids.

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

Flitter Reid posted:

Last night I had a dream about Shine. It wasn't a dirty dream or anything but we were best friends and moving in together. He was telling me how he met Lowtax in college and saved him from getting beaten up and that's why they're friends now. Have I been spending too much time lurking on here or is there some kind of subliminal messaging between threads or something?

Please advise.

There are no subliminal man-love messages in PYF.

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

Cool:

Not cool:

The secret is good haircare.

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

NienNunb posted:

The secret is Zip Zop Zoobity Bop.

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

Do you have a version of this .gif with a capybara instead?

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

Yonic Symbolism posted:

Do you have a version of this .gif with a capybara instead

Your turn.

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

Trauma Tank posted:

So it turns out I'm moving next week which is much worse than it was last week, because last week it was "I'm moving in a few weeks' time" which is much more comforatble than "next week"

Place has a nice garden though, gonna have to get a barbecue.

I am in this exact same situation only with the 1st of June instead of 30th of May and with "a square of concrete" instead of "a nice garden".

Thankfully I will be going to a place with pre-existing internet so disruption to my posting schedule will be minimal.

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

Trauma Tank posted:

Mine too! I was much more happy than I had any right to be when the BT engineer told me that internet would be turned off at the old place and on at the new place on the same day. How would I survive if I couldn't get my fix of posting and playing awful internet tank games?

Well my new place comes with a springer spaniel for some of the month, which is a Sufficiently Large Dog to be considered worthwhile. So that would solve your hypothetical problems - if you can't do internet stuff you can do dog stuff.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

Go to a shop and buy foam earplugs and roll them up and shove them in your urethra.

• Locked thread