Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
LumberingTroll
Sep 9, 2007

Really it's not because
I don't like you...

sansuki posted:

Would you be up to selling a Nethymaul? I didn't get one, and wish I did.

Come April (estimated) my distributor will have them in stock and I can sell you one.
They Retail for $75 whats it worth to you?

LumberingTroll fucked around with this message at 03:52 on Mar 29, 2013

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LumberingTroll
Sep 9, 2007

Really it's not because
I don't like you...

JackMann posted:

Oh, and while unrelated to the Kickstarter, they've started to prototype their CAV models (think Battletech-style mechs) in Bones. That might be of interest to some folks.

Yeah, too bad the rules for the game blow donkey dicks. Though a wargame with ultra cheap miniatures is a grand idea, I feel like its 1995 again and I only have to pay $2.50 for a Space Marine captain.

LumberingTroll
Sep 9, 2007

Really it's not because
I don't like you...
I don't know if you want to add it to the OP but when bones are commercially available, I can get and sell them at 40% off MSRP. I usually do orders once a month. I don't really make any money off this, but I don't keep my distribution account to make money so its no big deal.

Things I can get are listed here: http://www.warpathgames.com

LumberingTroll fucked around with this message at 19:33 on Mar 29, 2013

LumberingTroll
Sep 9, 2007

Really it's not because
I don't like you...

Fix posted:

I actually prefer passive poses in a lot of cases, both male and female. It gets a little boring to have everyone always in the motion of swinging an axe or whatever.

I agree, games don't feel right when you know your just moving your figure and it looks like the model is rushing to take someones head at that very instant.

LumberingTroll
Sep 9, 2007

Really it's not because
I don't like you...
Not sure I would call aiming a double barreled sawed off shotgun passive... But if he was holding it at his side or across his chest then yeah I would agree with that and the pose being passive.

LumberingTroll
Sep 9, 2007

Really it's not because
I don't like you...

Fix posted:

I backed down from ordering all the dragons, but once I start seeing pics I may be banging down your door, LT.

No problem, would be happy to order em for you.

LumberingTroll
Sep 9, 2007

Really it's not because
I don't like you...

Fix posted:

What's the retail price on Cthulu, anyway?

Retail is $39.99 so I can do $23.99 easily.

and hes just so handsome :cthulhu: :3:

LumberingTroll fucked around with this message at 16:48 on Mar 31, 2013

LumberingTroll
Sep 9, 2007

Really it's not because
I don't like you...
The clockwork dragon retails for $24.99 btw.

I think the fire giant bodyguard turned out very well.

He retails for $8.99

And small characters like this cleric

retail for $2.49

Some of the mid sized figures are between $3.99 and $5.99 as well. This marsh troll is $4.99

Its not really standardized, they seem to be pricing them based on the amount of material more than anything, the female storm giant for instance is $6.99 where the male is $9.99

LumberingTroll
Sep 9, 2007

Really it's not because
I don't like you...

sansuki posted:

To me, this is a fair and equitable way of pricing. Isn't their plastic injection machine in-house now, so they KNOW how much everything costs material wise?

Yep. They are all being made in Texas now. The Kickstarter was so that they could expand / accelerate the bones line and buy the equipment to start doing it inhouse.

LumberingTroll
Sep 9, 2007

Really it's not because
I don't like you...
Oh great can we have this conversation AGAIN?

More talk about small plastic toys please.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

LumberingTroll
Sep 9, 2007

Really it's not because
I don't like you...
I wonder how much of a pain it will be to remove their bases and put proper ones on. I always hate those irregular shaped already attached bases.

LumberingTroll
Sep 9, 2007

Really it's not because
I don't like you...
I personally think if that's the look you are going for a good primer base (gray or white) and a thick-ish wash is more effective, and less of a pain in the rear end. GW washes, or a make your own with acrylic inks, flowaid, matte medium and water.

And if you prime white and use multiple colors of wash you can get some pretty amazing results for very little work.

LumberingTroll
Sep 9, 2007

Really it's not because
I don't like you...

moths posted:

There's skill there but unless you're colorblind I hope you could pick out a better scheme.

I dunno it looks like a red dragon that has died and started to rot away. The purple seems to be the rotten flesh (scales?) to me.

LumberingTroll
Sep 9, 2007

Really it's not because
I don't like you...

Swagger Dagger posted:

I would hold off on the Pathfinder Dragon or Jabberwock Since they're only retailing for 15 and 13 dollars, respectively, and cost 10 each in bones bucks (tm)

I think you are talking about the WotC red dragon, not the Pathfinder Red Dragon. It retails for $40
http://www.reapermini.com/OnlineStore/dragon/latest/60028

LumberingTroll
Sep 9, 2007

Really it's not because
I don't like you...
That is the bones one, $14.99 retail. That's inline with the bones costs. Its also a pre-order, they wont be selling them until all of the KS orders are filled.

LumberingTroll
Sep 9, 2007

Really it's not because
I don't like you...

Fix posted:

Another update from Reaper: The final shipment from China should be leaving there in a week, and it takes about 5 weeks for the journey, so it's looking like the end of June at this point.

Well at least I dont have to worry about it getting shipped to my old address! I got so much poo poo to do, I want to have my new paint station up and running when they get delivered :D

LumberingTroll
Sep 9, 2007

Really it's not because
I don't like you...

berzerkmonkey posted:

Reaper has sent out Vampire only pledges at this point, correct? I only added a couple of additional models, but I assume that's the delay on my measly $170 order...

The delay right now is that they are waiting on the shipment from china. The went through their first shipment faster than expected.

LumberingTroll
Sep 9, 2007

Really it's not because
I don't like you...
Got my address check, cant wait for a big pile-o-plastic!

LumberingTroll
Sep 9, 2007

Really it's not because
I don't like you...

JerryLee posted:

Sorry if I've missed this, but has there been any indication of when all the new Bones will be available at retail? I've seen a place say nebulously (and perhaps unreliably) that they'll be available in July, but other than that...

My distributor has added more bones to their preorders. so its looking like "soon" is the best answer we will get.

LumberingTroll
Sep 9, 2007

Really it's not because
I don't like you...

Sefer posted:

Just checked the counter, they're down under 10,000 orders remaining. Based in it being 3:00 in Texas right now and them having completed 750 orders so far today, I assume they get through 1,000 orders a day, so it looks like the next couple of weeks should do it.

Keep in mind the larger orders at the end will take longer to pack.

LumberingTroll
Sep 9, 2007

Really it's not because
I don't like you...

JoshTheStampede posted:

Yeah, my 15 line item order will be a while, I assume.

How many individual line items were there? I got at least one of each, I have a feeling I got a while to wait.

LumberingTroll
Sep 9, 2007

Really it's not because
I don't like you...

Fix posted:

28 line items.

:negative:

Lucky...

I have 38 Line items... :emo:

LumberingTroll
Sep 9, 2007

Really it's not because
I don't like you...

Diosamblet posted:

The back of the WHQ Roleplay/campaign rulebook has a bestiary full of stuff the box doesn't include minis for.

Its a huge list.. I love that game :allears:

LumberingTroll
Sep 9, 2007

Really it's not because
I don't like you...
4100 orders left and I still haven't received my shipping notice :(

LumberingTroll
Sep 9, 2007

Really it's not because
I don't like you...

thespaceinvader posted:

:ohdear: me either. Where are all of us poor lasties located?

E: I'm in the UK, FTR

South Dakota, USA.

LumberingTroll
Sep 9, 2007

Really it's not because
I don't like you...
Bitch and ye shall receive!

quote:

Hi there! We're shipping out your Kickstarter stuff!

You're getting:
C'thulhu x1
Kaladrax Reborn x1
Golems x1
Owlbear x1
Griffon x1
Hydra x1
TownsFolk II x1
Dungeon Dressing x1
Nethyrmaul x1
Deep Dwellers x2
Jabberwock x1
Frost Wyrm x1
Vermin x2
Forces of Nature x1
Fire Giant Warriors x1
NOVA x2
Spider Centaurs x1
Red Dragon x1
We Be Goblins x4
Clockwork Dragon x1
Mythos Monsters x1
Undead Giant x1
Deathsleet x1
Demons x1
There Be Dragons x1
Mind your Manors x1
Frost Giants x1
Ebonwrath x1
Fire Giants x1
Dungeon Attack x2
vampire x1

Your shipment was postmarked on 07-09-2013 and is being shipped UPS Ground.

Should be here by Friday.

LumberingTroll
Sep 9, 2007

Really it's not because
I don't like you...

JoshTheStampede posted:

Kaladrax's base is so nice I'm considering just using it as terrain and not putting him on it.

I would buy the hell out of more terrain made from this stuff.

Clearly kala needs to be put on a custom rectangular base so you can use him in games. :black101:

Also I wonder if anyone has suggested to Reaper that they should do terrain elements from this stuff?

LumberingTroll
Sep 9, 2007

Really it's not because
I don't like you...
All unpacked, tomorrow I start to catalog.

So far I have only noticed 1 thing missing, and thats the Rats to one of my Dungeon Attack addons. No miscasts, missing parts or imperfections either.

LumberingTroll
Sep 9, 2007

Really it's not because
I don't like you...
Use a scissors instead of your fingers, there are a lot of little bags, and it make sit much faster, I did my whole 38 line item order in about an hour.

LumberingTroll
Sep 9, 2007

Really it's not because
I don't like you...
You guys crack me up every time, so offended by boobies on your figures.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

LumberingTroll
Sep 9, 2007

Really it's not because
I don't like you...
Its too bad CAV is a terrible game :( If it was 10mm I would buy to use in other games though... but it wont be.

If they do a full CAV Kickstarter, I think its going to flop pretty hard.

LumberingTroll
Sep 9, 2007

Really it's not because
I don't like you...

Bucnasti posted:

I've heard the game wasn't very good, has anyone played it?

A good minis wargame that used affordable bones miniatures would be wicked.

Its mediocre, and doesn't really have any flavor. BGG rating 6.82.

$5 for a bones figure doesn't really help their cause any. They also didn't put the dollar amount on the "stretch goals" The figures they show in the vid look ok as far as weapons and hard edges go, but I doubt that is practical full production quality and not cherry pick of the lot.

Edit: they do put the dollar amount, its on the ugly space map at the top, not on the images of the streatch goals. This KS feel bad all around to me...
Every stretch goal is another $12k so far. It adds a single figure to the core pledge, and another figure you can add on for $5.

LumberingTroll fucked around with this message at 20:27 on Sep 1, 2014

LumberingTroll
Sep 9, 2007

Really it's not because
I don't like you...
Check out those bent weapons....

LumberingTroll
Sep 9, 2007

Really it's not because
I don't like you...

Bucnasti posted:

I was under the impression that they could adjust the durometer of the plastic to give them harder edges and more ridged pieces. Didn't they do something like that with the clockwork dragon wings?

The wings are clearly another material entirely. Its sitting on my shelf right now, in all of its ugly glory.

Edit: holy poo poo the appologists in the comments on the KS.

LumberingTroll
Sep 9, 2007

Really it's not because
I don't like you...
Then they should have rethought the entire project and made it have greater appeal, doing anything with the intention of under performing your previous work is stupid, especially when you are banking on word of mouth and excitement.

LumberingTroll
Sep 9, 2007

Really it's not because
I don't like you...
No, its the exact same material, they are just adding a gray tint to the bones material now because its impossible to see any detail in them.

LumberingTroll
Sep 9, 2007

Really it's not because
I don't like you...

Rabbi posted:

I'm sure it's been mentioned somewhere in the thread, but does anyone play Warlord? I like the minis a lot so I was thinking about putting a couple of armies together to make someone play with me, but I can't find much info on anyone playing it. I found one really poorly done battle report on youtube that put me to sleep, but that's it. Is it fun?

I tried it about 8 years ago and no, it was not fun.

LumberingTroll
Sep 9, 2007

Really it's not because
I don't like you...
woo

quote:

Hi there! We're shipping out your Kickstarter stuff!

You're getting:
Cadirith x1
Thank You Set x1
Greedy Adventurers x1
Nathavarr, Dragon x1
Crumbling Tower, Upper Level x2
Crumbling Tower, Ground Level x2
Crumbling Staircases x2
Dragons Don't Share x1
Khanjira, the World Breaker x1
Mashaaf, Great Old One x1
Expansion Set 3 x1
Expansion Set 2 x1
Numenera Monsters x1
Master Series Paint Set 2 x1
Expansion Set 1 x1
Verocithrax Dragon x1
Master Series Paint Set x1
Cinder Dragon x1
Devils x1
Blightfang Dragon x1
Dungeon Decor 2 x1
Demon Lords x1
Hill Giants x1
Water Elementals x1
Greater Demons x1
Gelatinous Cube x1
Heroes and Villains x1
Oh, Rats! x1
Unleash the Kraken! x1
Mouslings x1
Lords of Darkness x1
Narthrax Dragon x1
Dungeon Decor x1
2013 Core Set x1

Your shipment was postmarked on 02-18-2015 and is being shipped UPS Ground.

24lbs of white soft plastic...

LumberingTroll
Sep 9, 2007

Really it's not because
I don't like you...

Captain Invictus posted:

Greetings, James! Your packages have been delivered! Says ups dot com.

Delivery location: front door!

Except he didn't take them to the front door. no, he literally left them in a pile in the middle of the loving driveway, where anyone could just back in, load them up, and drive away without anyone the wiser. Better believe I'm filing a report when I get to work tonight.

Order less poo poo next time, drat, think of the delivery guy. I mean sure its his job, but drat dude... that many packages of white plastic....

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LumberingTroll
Sep 9, 2007

Really it's not because
I don't like you...

Captain Invictus posted:

:ssh: I left a note on the door saying I would help him, and cleared the walkway entirely of snow for him. He never even went to the front door.

I was joking, if it wasn't obvious, I hate lazy delivery people.

• Locked thread