Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
NinjaDebugger
Apr 22, 2008

I'm in for
Vampire x2 $200
Fire Giants x2 $20
Frost Giants x2 $20
Orcapocalypse x1 $25
Owlbear x1 $3
Griffon x1 $4
Familiars x1 $6
Starter Paint Set x1 $18
Starter Set 2 x1 $18
IMEF Paint Set x1 $18
Undead Paint Set x1 $18

And I also kickstarted those double-headed paintbrushes a bit ago, and they should be arriving about the same time as my minis and paints.

I can't wait to start painting again.

I'm totally satisfied with what I ended up choosing, especially the part where I didn't splurge on any of the addon dragons. I hardly ever use dragons in my games, and I have plenty already. My most frequent needs are for sets of 3-20 identical or nearly identical minis of a given type.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NinjaDebugger
Apr 22, 2008

JerryLee posted:

^^^ Well, it was an addon, so I suppose this explains it. Thanks!

Let me clarify: I did not pledge for any figures, at all, at any level. I pledged $26 and got only the case ($1 plus the case as a $25 addon, if memory serves). It cleared their pledge management system and everything.

I'd suggest emailing them. They are willing to accommodate reasonable requests, you probably just got automatically slapped into the late queues by the sorting.

NinjaDebugger
Apr 22, 2008

Fauxtool posted:

Are they shipping in any order or just everywhere at once?

They're shipping smallest orders first. On the up side, you'll probably go before me.

NinjaDebugger
Apr 22, 2008

Iris of Ether posted:

Only one of my friends has theirs in hand, though he only had 4 line items. I'm sitting at either 10 or 12 line items, depending on whether they count my 3 cases as 1 line item or not.

I keep seeing my city (and multiple surrounding cities) pop up on the tracker, though. It's both exciting and a little bit tormenting, all at once. :v:

Three cases should be one line item, and would put you just before me, with my 11.

NinjaDebugger
Apr 22, 2008

moths posted:

Vampire Box: $400

And honestly, the Vampire box probably is worth around $400 - especially if you're just getting started or don't own any miniatures.

Isn't that 400 reduced from 500 for the individual models in it?

NinjaDebugger
Apr 22, 2008

Clearly my magic spell of preparing my work table sunday worked, because my bones are on the way. Cannot wait to start painting. Now if only I weren't going on call 24/7 for a week starting next tuesday.

NinjaDebugger
Apr 22, 2008

Received my bones. All my non-vampire stuff appears to be in order, and so far two bags out of each vampire set are also in order. And all the paints are good.

I'm not sure anything can quite prepare you for unpacking this stuff. It's a lot of bags to open.

NinjaDebugger
Apr 22, 2008

Bad Munki posted:

Yeah, I really hope they send me a whole new model instead of just the head, I don't really want to give up FistFace.

It's like a fantasy version of a Dick Tracy villain, or maybe The Tick.

NinjaDebugger
Apr 22, 2008

Azhais posted:

Piercers and Cloakers were the best

Sorry, the gas spore was the best. Looks like a beholder, but when you jump it, it loving explodes. It's the ultimate in "So you thought you had the upper hand!" bullshit.

NinjaDebugger
Apr 22, 2008

thiswayliesmadness posted:

So what's everyone's shopping list looking like?

2x Dragon Hatchlings,
2x Chronoscaope Pulp Heroes,
1 Mr Bones,
2 Basilisk,
2 Mouselings,
1 Dragons Don't Share.

Yes, that's $100. On a wave 1 core pledge. I would actually rather have duplicates of a bunch fewer minis than most of the stuff in the core pledge. Probably because I spent 300bux on the first KS.

NinjaDebugger
Apr 22, 2008

Ashcans posted:

I haven't done the exact math, but the bases are better priced than buying from any given game company, but more expensive than most hack jobs. I think it is probably worth it if you want plastic bases for your dudes or like the lipped look for detailing. If you are a scrooge like me, you can do better buying 100 little wooden cutouts that look worse but are incredibly cheap.

They're on par with Litko for 1.5mm cost, but if you're willing to use 0.8mm you can get it for much less. 10.99 for 100.

http://www.litko.net/products/Circular-Miniature-Bases%3A-25-mm.html#.UnAqEfk0BS1

NinjaDebugger
Apr 22, 2008

thespaceinvader posted:

Late for the first run, and godawful for international backers.

Hopefully they've gone some way to learning from their mistakes, but I'm still not expecting this to be fulfilled completely on time.

To be fair, if you weren't international, the lateness was kind of a joke. I recall their projection being may, and the actual delivery of mine being in august. Three months is a joke of a delay, given the sheer numbers involved.

NinjaDebugger
Apr 22, 2008

Oddly, I received THREE shipping emails, only one of which had my minis listed in them. Neither of the two provided UPS numbers works, though, and I was wave 2, though probably early, since I put in my order and confirmed shortly after the pledge manager opened.

NinjaDebugger
Apr 22, 2008

Lord Frisk posted:

So wave 2 conus guy here. When should I start getting concerned?

They sent an email out about having to do all the international stuff in a big blob, so conus people shouldn't be worried when international stuff goes out before theirs, I think.

NinjaDebugger
Apr 22, 2008

Iris of Ether posted:

Haha, one of my buddies apparently got accidentally sent 2x his original order. He's sending the other half back to them, pending a shipping label.

Either that happened to more than one person, or you know Sirin, and your username rings a bell somewhere.

NinjaDebugger
Apr 22, 2008

Iris of Ether posted:

I'm Sirin, Watts, & Kreeblah's friend. We all went to the same college. Main difference is that I'm a filthy EE. :science:

Edit: Also I think I've seen you kicking around in some of my hubby's LP threads here, some years back.

Man, I haven't talked to Watts or Kreeblah in ages. Pretty good chance you know me, actually, if you remember the MAGE movie contest, I got to (badly) pretend to be John Rhys-Davies.

NinjaDebugger
Apr 22, 2008

Diosamblet posted:

When my first Bones set arrived, I tried priming the usual way with my airbrush, with the expected "tacky forever" results. Tried brush-priming thinned down with water: It was hydrophobic as hell, refusing to stick. I refuse to apply primer straight with a brush, that's barbaric.
Now I can't use spray methods where I'm living, so today in anticipation of Bones 2 I tried brushing on primer thinned with airbrush thinner... it worked fine!
So... I might actually paint my bones. Eventually.

I initially did the toothbrush and dish soap thing, but I got tired of that and have had more than enough success priming with a simple black wash. It makes the areas that need more attention readily apparent, and a quick brushing with the wash does the job, and the black does a wonderful job of picking out the details without darkening the colors, so you can actually see what you're painting.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NinjaDebugger
Apr 22, 2008

If you end up parting out one of the Expansion #2, you've got a buyer for the three mounted heroes at the top. I wanted those bad, but not bad enough to pay fifty bucks for them and a bunch of poo poo I didn't want.

• Locked thread