Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Artificer
Apr 8, 2010

You're going to try ponies and you're. Going. To. LOVE. ME!!
Yeah. Oh yeah. Way to have THAT particular flashback, Shirogane, because that makes us all feel so less awkward.

Edit: Holy gently caress AHAHAHAH oh man that has got to be weird seeing her again.

Edit: Aww gently caress. :( That's super depressing. Dude...

Edit x2: Okay, I just realized. Where the gently caress IS Sumika in the other world? This is really weird.

Edit: And now its super sweet again. :3:

Edit: Flashbacks NOT HELPING, DUDE.

Edit: VV Ah yeah? I think I remember that.

Artificer fucked around with this message at 05:52 on Apr 2, 2013

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nephilm
Jun 11, 2009

by Lowtax
Regarding the XM3 trials (safe for everyone past that part) without anyone there to delay the BETA, they'd have probably beelined straight for the main base, which would've been much worse. Having the veterans remain behind to at least distract them with their presence while the rookies secured supply lines so they could get real weapons was likely the smartest move. And although the product of drug-fueled frenzy rather than a measured decision, Takeru facing off against the BETA also allowed the rest of the squad to get to the hangars unopposed. Ironically, it was Meiya coming back for him and administering sedatives what distracted him and got him shot down.

Artificer posted:

Edit x2: Okay, I just realized. Where the gently caress IS Sumika in the other world? This is really weird.

Yuuko answered that question back in Unlimited.

magicalmako
Feb 13, 2005
The PTSD train has no brakes!

Artificer
Apr 8, 2010

Holy poo poo Yuuko-sensei. Oh god what are you telling Takeru. :catstare:

Edit: Aaaand the PTSD train indeed has no brakes.

Edit: You're the best, Marimo.

Edit: Jesus Christ you are loving clueless when it comes to women, man. You did not just say that to Meiya.

Edit: Oh for gently caress'S SAKE. Marimo gets NO loving LUCK EVER.

Artificer fucked around with this message at 06:13 on Apr 2, 2013

Preechr
May 19, 2009

Proud member of the Pony-Brony Alliance for Obama as President
The next update is going to be magical. Popcorn, everyone!

E: ^^ IT BEGINS

Artificer
Apr 8, 2010

"...witnessed Jinguugi-san eating out with another man..." Really. Really? REALLY?!

gently caress this gay Earth.

Edit: OH GOD THE SOUNDS.

Edit: FUUUUUCK. FUUUUUUUUCK.

Edit: Oh for gently caress's sake they brought in new music.

Edit: :negative: :smithicide: :suicide:

Artificer fucked around with this message at 06:20 on Apr 2, 2013

Flappy Bert
Dec 11, 2011

I have seen the light, and it is a string

The brakes don't stop on this PTSD train Takeru.

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

Artificer posted:

"...witnessed Jinguugi-san eating out with another man..." Really. Really? REALLY?!

gently caress this gay Earth.

Edit: OH GOD THE SOUNDS.

Edit: FUUUUUCK. FUUUUUUUUCK.

Edit: Oh for gently caress's sake they brought in new music.

Upupupu

Artificer
Apr 8, 2010

Holy poo poo. Holy poo poo. If Yuuko-sensei is right, and she probably is, then it is ALL YOUR GODDAMN FAULT. Jesus Christ you're a gently caress up. :psyboom:

Edit: Oh gently caress. Takeru, you might've just hosed everyone.

Edit: :(

Edit: Takeru, you ruiner of all things.

Edit: Seriously, things are poo poo right now and Takeru is all sad and I'm still waiting for yet another shoe to drop.

Artificer fucked around with this message at 06:33 on Apr 2, 2013

Preechr
May 19, 2009

That shoe is going to drop from orbit square into your balls. Keep reading. You have only BEGUN to :(

Artificer
Apr 8, 2010

Oh loving hell dude. Oh jesus. Both girls want to go out? You're gonna pick one? This is going to end up more horrible than I can imagine.

Edit: She's so goddamn happy. :(

Edit: Sumika KNOWS, doesn't she.

Edit: WHOAH poo poo. What are you doing bro? ABORT. ABORT.

Edit: Wait. What the gently caress? Why does she not remember? Oh poo poo.

Edit: What the loving poo poo is going on.

Edit: Oh God. Welp. Don't be afraid to stain your hands with blood. That's what you learned, man.

Edit: This is soulcrushing.

Edit: There isn't an emoticon for endless fountains of tears right?

Artificer fucked around with this message at 07:07 on Apr 2, 2013

magicalmako
Feb 13, 2005
Muv Luv is the gift that keeps on giving!

Artificer
Apr 8, 2010

magicalmako posted:

Muv Luv is the gift that keeps on giving!

:( I hate you all. :negative:

Edit: OTHER SHOE. WHERE IS IT?

Edit: There it is.

Edit: THAT WAS THE FAKE OTHER SHOE. gently caress YOU GYM. This just isn't stopping! Aaargh!

Edit: The diaries? .......oh gently caress. Oh no.

Artificer fucked around with this message at 07:26 on Apr 2, 2013

Preechr
May 19, 2009

Welcome to MLA. Enjoy your stay.

Artificer
Apr 8, 2010

This is the beginning of Extra. :(

Edit: She knew. She knew. She knew? :(

Edit: This has been an amazing experience so far. Just saying.

Edit: Man I can't really blame him anymore. He's just getting shat on constantly at this point...

Edit: Wait. If he fixes it... then everything he's done so far will be undone...and it'll be a total reset? I...I don't think I want that. He's grown and learned so much, and the others have too. :(

Edit: Is he finally manning the gently caress up for real this time? Yesss...

Artificer fucked around with this message at 07:50 on Apr 2, 2013

Barent
Jun 15, 2007

Never die in vain.
This is amazing oh my god :allears:

Preechr
May 19, 2009

I'm going to hold off on endingchat until you've finished. You really deserve to play through this clean, with no spoilers. You're in for a hell of a ride.
E: ^^ there are no tears like MLA newbie tears.

Artificer
Apr 8, 2010

Oh gently caress it's time for a song. Oh poo poo it's time for this to get real.

God it's so depressing...

Edit: You had better be manly as gently caress after this song, dude.

Edit: What. The. gently caress. Just. Happened. :psyboom: That's it gently caress this poo poo I'm going to sleep.

Edit: Good loving God. :stare:

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

DamnGlitch
Sep 2, 2004

I'd be okay with the total invasion of privacy if Age released a version of Alt that turns on people's web cams and starts recording right after the combat trials go wonky, and doesn't stop until after the vacation arc

Artificer
Apr 8, 2010

DamnGlitch posted:

I'd be okay with the total invasion of privacy if Age released a version of Alt that turns on people's web cams and starts recording right after the combat trials go wonky, and doesn't stop until after the vacation arc

You'd have seen me selectively poisoning myself then.

DamnGlitch
Sep 2, 2004

Artificer posted:

You'd have seen me selectively poisoning myself then.

I'm not entirely sure what this means

Artificer
Apr 8, 2010

DamnGlitch posted:

I means :cheers:

Oh God I can't stop playing.

Barent
Jun 15, 2007

Never die in vain.

DamnGlitch posted:

I think it's some weird way to say drinking alcohol?

edit: Yup that's what it was.

The Something Awful Forums > The Finer Arts > ADTRW > Visual Novel General Thread 2.0 - Muv Luv Reactions Megathread

Preechr
May 19, 2009

Artificer posted:

I means :cheers:

Um. A word of advice. poo poo is going to get real heavy later. Don't be drunk when it does. You're probably fine for a while.

DamnGlitch
Sep 2, 2004

Pft. It's fine, it's a game. Drink on goon buddy.

Artificer posted:

I knew this was the case as soon as I saw an immediate reply to my post. Hah!

Artificer
Apr 8, 2010

Preechr posted:

Um. A word of advice. poo poo is going to get real heavy later. Don't be drunk when it does. You're probably fine for a while.

Pfffft. I'll be fine. I'm not dumb enough to get shitfaced over a VN. :v:

Edit: Aaaand there's the answer to who is unit 00

Artificer fucked around with this message at 08:38 on Apr 2, 2013

Bakanogami
Dec 31, 2004

Grimey Drawer
A+ Alternative reactions there.

Wish I could read it again for the first time. I had a free weekend when I was reading it and about when I got to this point I just kept going and barely stopped to even sleep all the way through the end of MLA and even a fair bit into Altered Fable before the PTSD cooled down.

Artificer
Apr 8, 2010

Dude. Takeru just gave one hell of a speech.

Why am I still reading.

Stall_19
Jan 2, 2013

Prodigy of Victor von Doom
Started going through Cross†Channel. Good lord this main character is quite the pervert. He has literally hit on every female he has crossed paths with.

Edit: Does this guy have some sort of mental disorder that causes everyone to overlook his blatant sexual harassment because they feel pity for him or something?

Stall_19 fucked around with this message at 11:07 on Apr 2, 2013

Nine of Eight
Apr 28, 2011

LICK IT OFF, AND PUT IT BACK IN
Dinosaur Gum

Artificer posted:

Dude. Takeru just gave one hell of a speech.

Why am I still reading.

Don't worry, Klapman once did approximately 10 hours in one sitting, you're still ok.

Barent
Jun 15, 2007

Never die in vain.

Nine of Eight posted:

Don't worry, Klapman once did approximately 10 hours in one sitting, you're still ok.

He did that more than once actually!

Outer Science
Dec 21, 2008

Daisangen
I started playing Rewrite. Good lord this VN is long--16 hours of gameplay time so far just to finish the Chihaya route.

Common route impressions: Protagonist is great. It seems like Key wanted to call back to Clannad with him, but Kotarou comes off as actually kind of a dick whereas Tomoya felt more like a good-natured prankster; still hilarious either way. I imagine his character traits will be explored more fully in other routes. Yoshino is also amazing but the fact that he never drops the stupid anger thing made him pretty grating after a while. Comedy is pretty spot-on, but drat if the length didn't start to get to me.

Chihaya route impressions: When the hell did I start reading a Type-Moon VN? Seriously the whole thing felt like a huge ripoff/homage to Unlimited Blade Works, not that that's a bad thing. Clumsy prodigal mage with overpowered Servant, who is also the MC's predecessor in using in his power. Enemy mages will attack the protagonist so he and the heroine have to live together. Certainly didn't have the compelling character conflict that UBW did, but I was pretty hyped up the whole way through the plot. Once the excitement started it stayed there. The transition from beating Akane to the summoning of dragon-Sakuya was awkwardly abrupt, but that's my only real major complaint plot-wise. Character-wise, apart from seeing the protagonist actually flirting which was a nice surprise, none of the characters really resonated with me. I'm really interested in the nature of Kotarou's power now, but it looks like I've got another 60 hours in store for me before that itch will be scratched :v:

So far I'm really liking the game. Skipping what I've already seen of the common route will make handling that a lot easier. Weirdly enough even though it felt really long, it never felt like it was dragging, since there was pretty much always something happening. It could probably be rewritten (:v:) to be more condensed but I don't really mind. The Chihaya route alone felt like such a ridiculous departure from usual Key work that I don't have any idea what to expect out of this game anymore.

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry
To be quite honest I think I enjoy other people's reactions to MLA more than when I played it myself.

DamnGlitch
Sep 2, 2004

Nate RFB posted:

To be quite honest I think I enjoy other people's reactions to MLA more than when I played it myself.

This is not true for myself, I was pretty floored when I read it; however, you can only really experience it for the first time ONCE, so getting to see other people experience it for the first time and mirror my own experiences is pretty novel no matter how many times I see it.

klapman
Aug 27, 2012

this char is good

Artificer posted:

:( I hate you all. :negative:

Edit: OTHER SHOE. WHERE IS IT?

Edit: There it is.

Edit: THAT WAS THE FAKE OTHER SHOE. gently caress YOU GYM. This just isn't stopping! Aaargh!

Edit: The diaries? .......oh gently caress. Oh no.

Oh god this is the loving best, I finally understand what you guys meant now :allears:

Blhue
Apr 22, 2008

Fallen Rib
Was surprised to see 49 new posts in this thread overnight, hoped something new had been released out of nowhere but Artificer hitting "that" arc in MLA is good too.

unpronounceable
Apr 4, 2010

You mean we still have another game to go through?!
Fallen Rib
After seeing a couple people post tons of black bar and emoticon posts, I'm scared of MLA. I was pretty emotional through parts of Ever 17, so I don't know how I'd be able to take it. I have a couple friends that have gone through it already, so I know I'm going to have to. You guys will help me with the PTSD when I get there, right? :ohdear:

DamnGlitch
Sep 2, 2004

unpronounceable posted:

After seeing a couple people post tons of black bar and emoticon posts, I'm scared of MLA. I was pretty emotional through parts of Ever 17, so I don't know how I'd be able to take it. I have a couple friends that have gone through it already, so I know I'm going to have to. You guys will help me with the PTSD when I get there, right? :ohdear:

Don't be a little wiener :getin:

klapman
Aug 27, 2012

this char is good

unpronounceable posted:

Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha. You'll come out a different person than when you went in, go for it. What's a little temporary insanity between friends? :getin:

*Note: Actually we'll probably just cackle in glee but really it's because all of us went through the same thing, so at least you'll know it's not because we're demons or something.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Artificer
Apr 8, 2010

I think I'll take a break today and instead watch Girls Und Panzer. It'll be relaxing. :smith:

• Locked thread