Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry

klapman posted:

poo poo poo poo poo poo poo poo poo poo poo poo poo poo poo poo ohhhhhhhhhhhhh poo poo
Yeah Tatarigoroshi is when Higurashi gets pretty real. At least now you can catch your breath a little bit with Himatsubushi, because Higurashi Kai is going to be pretty much at the same level as Tatari non-stop.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dr Pepper
Feb 4, 2012

Don't like it? well...

Silver2195 posted:

Even then, Kariya (Shinji's "emo" uncle) and Ryunosuke (who "killed indiscriminately and daily" and was "severely penalized" by the supervisor) are both mentioned in F/HA, though not by name.

F/HA and Fate/Zero were written around the same time, so there were some actual references.

Irisviel is mentioned by name by Illya too.

Krinkle
Feb 9, 2003

Ah do believe Ah've got the vapors...
Ah mean the farts

MLA has got me on edge. I'm expecting every character to kill and eat the skin of every other any minute now for it to justify its reputation. I'm bracing for some serious buffalo bill poo poo. Every smiling face is a walking dead woman to me. I don't know how it's going to happen but I hate it already. I went into this like the fez assassins from The Last Crusade. "My soul is prepared." But it just keeps dragging on with the light-hearted comedy. Things are even looking up? Rivers of blood await me. Not going to feel feelings. Not going to take my eyes of the sword of Damocles hanging above.

e: Having thought about it I believe I have deduced the nature of the slaughter to come. The teacher is going to murder anyone who knows I exist one by one until she finds the right balance of people who give a poo poo that I am alive on either side to allow me to switch worlds and get her notebook for her.

e2: Ughhhhhhhhhhh this is so much worse than what I was expecting. Why did I get PTSD and run back to my own world to gently caress it up. Now the rivers of blood are going to happen where poo poo matters and ugh. If I get back to BETA world: why? How? There is no satisfying "well I guess I fixed my problems better go back and retire in the real world." And if I stay here there's no satisfying "yeah I earned this I'm home" feeling. This is the worst decision. There's nothing to do but go crazy and strangle all my friends or whatever the gently caress is going to happen that makes everyone slit their wrists playing this game.

e3: RIP marimo x2

MuvLuv Alternative feels pretty irredeemable the instant I became an attempted rapist who fled my guilty world line for more than 24 hours. There's now no chance to return, no chance for catharsis, no chance to atone. What is there left to do but watch everything go to poo poo and my dumb already-observed-the-cat-box-status rear end to make five billion people die in this world too?

Also I'm amazed for a VN to miss the chance to talk about Schrodinger's cat since every single one I've read this year has and it applies pretty heavily here. MLA settled for the double slit experiment? Weird.

Krinkle fucked around with this message at 16:45 on Apr 9, 2013

Zeratanis
Jun 16, 2009

That's kind of a weird thought isn't it?
Welp, after not touching it for awhile and having 2 weeks of unsuccessful job hunts, I loaded ML:A back up. :downs: Last thing I remember (spoilers)was Takeru giving Sumika the gift he made, and the exact convo I'm at now upon loading is him talking to the younger Suzumiya after a simulation. Sooo let's see how this goes.

Ottumon
Dec 20, 2012

klapman posted:

What the gently caress is going on???

I'm regretting having watched the anime adaptation before the VNs. Looking at your posts it seems I could've enjoyed things so much more if I hadn't known what was going to happen.

Also, regarding the dog thing: I'm pretty sure Rika said something along the lines of "a couple kitties snuck in, I'll tell the dogs not to punish them". Unless I'm remembering it wrong, the dogs can't mean the Yamainu because (this next part can and will spoil you klapman, unless you already were spoiled) at that time Rika trusted in them and didn't know anything about their part in the murders. So she probably meant talking to the village elders. I think I recall something about it in the Meakashi arc too - that's the answer arc for Watanagashi, after all.

Tuxedo Catfish
Mar 17, 2007

You've got guts! Come to my village, I'll buy you lunch.
Thoughts on Rewrite:

The common route is awful. Kotarou is a jackass that hits on anything with a pulse, every character has one gag that gets repeated scene after scene, and Kotori and maybe Akane are the only ones who come off like actual people. It's funny in places and the hints of the supernatural are interesting enough to keep going, but I'm looking forward to autoskipping all of this on future go-rounds.

Kotori route's a bit better. I think it would have been interesting to spend a little more time on how Kotarou and Kotori's relationship changed while literally under siege, but I guess I'm just spoiled by F/SN. The ending threw me at first but on reflection I like it; I interpreted it to mean that a fresh start between them is not only possible, but necessary now that he's entirely human and not partly her familiar.

Yoshino would be awesome if he weren't constantly being run into the ground and had an emotion besides "angry." It's frustrating to see a character with such clear motivation and ideals who still manages to be written so poorly.

klapman
Aug 27, 2012

this char is good

Nate RFB posted:

Yeah Tatarigoroshi is when Higurashi gets pretty real. At least now you can catch your breath a little bit with Himatsubushi, because Higurashi Kai is going to be pretty much at the same level as Tatari non-stop.

How long is Himatsubushi? So far it seems like it's a pretty big breakaway from the normal presentation, what with it taking place during the Dam protests and i'm kinda itching to get back to the crazy stuff. It is giving me some time to think about the story so far though.

Some things i'm mulling over:

1. In Onikakushi and Watanagashi, this whole poisonous gas thing totally didn't happen. I'm basing this off the fact that it wasn't mentioned in either scenario, even though there was an investigation into Keiichi's murder of Rena and Mion in Onikakushi and Keiichi actually surviving for months after Watanagashi.

2. Only three "new" characters were introduced in Tatarigoroshi, and one of them was just the teacher getting a sprite. The other two were Teppei and Irie. Something about the two completely new characters introduced, going by my previous inference, bothers me. They didn't show up in the past two scenarios, and in this one poisonous gas swallows up Hinamizawa. Teppei is an idiot, so he really can't have anything to do with the whole thing - so that leaves me thinking of Irie, but he dies before the gas explosion even happens. Is this something like in Umineko?

(MASSIVE UMINEKO SPOILERS DO NOT READ FOR REAL)

2a. In Umineko, Kinzo had that whole dead man's switch trick, which ended up blowing up the island after all the events unfolded. If Irie had the same thing, that might explain it - but then, why would he commit suicide? He wouldn't not if it would mean Satoko's death - I think. So that means his death was staged, possibly by Takano if Keiichi wasn't just completely having a freakout at that point. He might have been acting a little crazy, but at that point his instincts were completely lit up, and there's some legitimate proof of that - he'd managed to track Teppei through the woods in the middle of the night with no problem, so he was definitely in a predator's state of mind. Given that, I don't think he'd make the mistake of misjudging Takano. It could have just been paranoia, as in the Onikakushi route, but she does seem pretty sketchy.

3. If Takano did kill Tomitake, who sets her on fire in a barrel? I really doubt it's a suicide, or that Keiichi suddenly got magical powers out of nowhere, so i'm assuming somebody did it. I'd guess that the Yamainu were behind it, but that's using speculation from what I got spoiled on a long time back and even if it's right it's not right for the correct reasons, but at the same time I can't really think of any other reason for it. I guess i'll just have to worry about it after I get more information.

All in all, some pretty interesting implications from the last episode. I'm all theorized out though, so I guess i'll just have to continue reading.

Ottumon posted:

I'm regretting having watched the anime adaptation before the VNs. Looking at your posts it seems I could've enjoyed things so much more if I hadn't known what was going to happen.

Also, regarding the dog thing: I'm pretty sure Rika said something along the lines of "a couple kitties snuck in, I'll tell the dogs not to punish them". Unless I'm remembering it wrong, the dogs can't mean the Yamainu

Yeah, I only ever read the manga and even then I only read Onikakushi and parts of Watanagashi, because I guess it's harder to translate a manga than a VN or the actual artists are doing that really stupid thing where they do all the chapters at the same time. And yeah, after reading that that was a saying of the elder's in Watanagashi, I figured that it wasn't the Yamainu. Speaking of which, i'm surprised they've only been mentioned explicitly all of once throughout this entire story so far, and even then it was a blink and you miss it deal. I'm excited to read more today, it's gonna be fun!

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry
Himatsubushi is the shortest chapter, though I can't recall by how much.

Using only information presented to the reader in Onikakushi and Watanagashi, we know the poisonous gas incident does not happen in Watanagashi because there are TIPS (or was it the credit roll?) in that chapter that reveal the characters' fates and several are still alive years later in Hinamizawa. We don't know what happens in Onikakushi after Keiichi's death because unlike the other chapters the story stops there and there is no information for the rest of the characters' fates, like Satoko or Rika. At least I don't remember any such information. So it may or may not have happened.

Nate RFB fucked around with this message at 16:19 on Apr 9, 2013

klapman
Aug 27, 2012

this char is good

Nate RFB posted:

Himatsubushi is the shortest chapter, though I can't recall by how much.

Using only information presented to the reader in Onikakushi and Watanagashi, we know the poisonous gas incident does not happen in Watanagashi because there are TIPS (or was it the credit roll?) in that chapter that reveal the characters' fates and several are still alive years later in Hinamizawa. We don't know what happens in Onikakushi after Keiichi's death because unlike the other chapters the story stops there and there is no information for the rest of the characters' fates, like Satoko or Rika. At least I don't remember any such information. So it may or may not have happened.

I dunno, I don't think it happened in Onikakushi because I believe that story ended a couple of days after the Watanagashi festival, just like Tatarigoroshi, and I think there was a case file on it that played just after everything ended. I figure that they wouldn't have bothered to keep an extensive case file on it if everyone in the village died just a day or two later anyways. Then again, I think i'll go back and check again because the file may have been finished before the date of the incident. I like reading deep into stories like this to try and puzzle things out, it's pretty fun.

e: Interesting, I guess that the manager they were talking about was just Irie, not some kind of evil mafia dude. I forgot about that whole bit.

Okay, after reading through it again it looks like there isn't any direct confirmation of the date of the report. However, judging by how deeply they investigated and how it talks about a year later people started thinking about the note Keiichi wrote, the murder was a pretty big deal. I don't think they would have had the time or inclination to actually investigate it if there'd been a huge explosion, so I think that Onikakushi is incident-free. We don't know if any of the main cast survived, but I think it'd be safe to say that the town surivived.

klapman fucked around with this message at 16:50 on Apr 9, 2013

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry
I wouldn't think too deeply upon it. Onikakushi has a couple of inconsistencies with the rest of the chapters, which in retrospect feel like RK07 simply not knowing what direction he was going to take the story just yet. At any rate, that incident happening or not happening later is irrelevant to the story being told in that chapter.

Silver2195
Apr 4, 2012

Tuxedo Catfish posted:

Thoughts on Rewrite:

The common route is awful. Kotarou is a jackass that hits on anything with a pulse, every character has one gag that gets repeated scene after scene, and Kotori and maybe Akane are the only ones who come off like actual people. It's funny in places and the hints of the supernatural are interesting enough to keep going, but I'm looking forward to autoskipping all of this on future go-rounds.

Kotori route's a bit better. I think it would have been interesting to spend a little more time on how Kotarou and Kotori's relationship changed while literally under siege, but I guess I'm just spoiled by F/SN. The ending threw me at first but on reflection I like it; I interpreted it to mean that a fresh start between them is not only possible, but necessary now that he's entirely human and not partly her familiar.

Yoshino would be awesome if he weren't constantly being run into the ground and had an emotion besides "angry." It's frustrating to see a character with such clear motivation and ideals who still manages to be written so poorly.

I think the biggest problem with the common route is that it's too long. I actually like Kotarou, though, precisely because he's such a jackass; I like Akane for similar reasons. Sakuya comes across as a little too much of a jackass in the common route, though.

klapman
Aug 27, 2012

this char is good

Nate RFB posted:

I wouldn't think too deeply upon it. Onikakushi has a couple of inconsistencies with the rest of the chapters, which in retrospect feel like RK07 simply not knowing what direction he was going to take the story just yet. At any rate, that incident happening or not happening later is irrelevant to the story being told in that chapter.

Oh, I see. Ah well, I guess I shouldn't be reading into it as much since it's his first story. Anyways, guess i'll go back to Himatsubushi. I'll post another reaction thing when I get to the next one, because if you're right about the rest of the series being as intense as Tatarigoroshi... it'll probably be pretty good.

Zeratanis
Jun 16, 2009

Okay, Muv Luv'd last night and most of today so far...(spoilers)Blasted through Sadogashima, and god drat that was so good. Loved the build up for it, love seeing Sumika become normal again(reminder: I really like Sumika) in a way, the fights themselves were amazing, I loved the development with Isumi. The thing that got me heavily concerned though was seeing well...images of Meiya pop up. Anyone who read my post knows I really don't care for Meiya much. I found her annoying in Extra, found her a lot more tolerable in Unlimited, then she got annoying again in Alternative. Regardless, it felt nice to later find out that it became a common thing with the others and that he still loved Sumika. But back on the battle, that sacrifice by Isumi was very nice in my opinion, and I loved how Takeru was dumb enough to call out Sumika's name in front of her. Overall that entire battle was amazing. Most of everything afterwords was nice too, if not a bit wordy when it came to Yuuko. I love how it keeps pulling my poor heart with Takeru and Sumika.

But...........

Okay, they could have just shown an equally gruesome scene as Marimo's death with Takeru being torn apart, a small description of what happened after and left it at that and it would have had an impact to match. But no, THAT happened, and I probably could have gone without seeing that and be all the happier. :stare: At first I was just "Uhh okay." Then it just kept going on. And On. And On. It almost felt like it was trying too hard. Certainly the lowest point of the series by far, but with everything else that's been happening before, its definitely not enough to give me a lower opinion of the series. One of those things though that just made me go "What the gently caress, WHY?" Really I'm just a sucker for the whole Takeru and Sumika dynamic and just wanna see how it keeps developing afterwords. :shobon:

Well, just got past there, so thought I'd share my thoughts, now to continue~

Chickenfrogman
Sep 16, 2011

by exmarx
Yeah, that scene is easily the stupidest and most awful part of the entire series. Try to blank it from your mind. It will be briefly brought up again but it's still something that the novel would have been stronger as a whole to not have.

Artificer
Apr 8, 2010

You're going to try ponies and you're. Going. To. LOVE. ME!!

Chickenfrogman posted:

Yeah, that scene is easily the stupidest and most awful part of the entire series. Try to blank it from your mind. It will be briefly brought up again but it's still something that the novel would have been stronger as a whole to not have.

I don't know about it being the dumbest. I sort of enjoyed it for what it was: yet another event making GBS threads on the main character's soul.

I finished the game about 3 hours before my probation was up. I can definitely say MuvLuv: Alternative deserves the high ratings it gets, and that the time it took to work to the previous two episodes was worth it. Unlimited wasn't even all that bad. On a whole, Alternative was horribly horribly sad, but it does have decent character development and the reader does get attached to the characters. Well worth my time playing, I think.

And now I'm going to go out and enjoy life and later come back and play a happier VN to clear my mind.

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

Oh you want a palate cleanser? Read Saya no Uta :getin:

ugh its Troika
May 2, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
:staredog:

So apparently Archer has a new move in Fate/Extra CCC. It's tracing loving Excalibur :pcgaming:

Sylphid
Aug 3, 2012

-Troika- posted:

So apparently Archer has a new move in Fate/Extra CCC. It's tracing loving Excalibur :pcgaming:

In Unlimited Blade Works, or just as a normal move? Either way, Shirou's technique has definitely improved.

Flappy Bert
Dec 11, 2011

I have seen the light, and it is a string

-Troika- posted:

Excalibur Image. Let's not get too ahead of ourselves.

Max Wilco
Jan 23, 2012

I'm just trying to go through life without looking stupid.

It's not working out too well...
I don’t mean to digress from the current conversation, but I had a question to ask. Hardcore Gaming 101 did an article on a visual novel called YU-NO and its English translation patch a year or two ago. I also found that when the patch was released, it was also brought up during the old VN thread.

However, where do you download the actual game from? (Is it a :filez: kind of thing?)

Artificer
Apr 8, 2010

Ibram Gaunt posted:

Oh you want a palate cleanser? Read Saya no Uta :getin:

I'm not that dumb. :v: Someone recommended My Girlfriend is the President at the beginning so I guess I'm going to roll with that.

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

Artificer posted:

I'm not that dumb. :v: Someone recommended My Girlfriend is the President at the beginning so I guess I'm going to roll with that.

Don't bother with any route but Putina, for hers is the best route :ussr:

magicalmako
Feb 13, 2005

Artificer posted:

I don't know about it being the dumbest. I sort of enjoyed it for what it was: yet another event making GBS threads on the main character's soul.

I finished the game about 3 hours before my probation was up. I can definitely say MuvLuv: Alternative deserves the high ratings it gets, and that the time it took to work to the previous two episodes was worth it. Unlimited wasn't even all that bad. On a whole, Alternative was horribly horribly sad, but it does have decent character development and the reader does get attached to the characters. Well worth my time playing, I think.

And now I'm going to go out and enjoy life and later come back and play a happier VN to clear my mind.

Kira Kira for the most part is pretty happy!

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.

Max Wilco posted:

However, where do you download the actual game from? (Is it a :filez: kind of thing?)

Yes, it would be considered :filez:, but it's not that hard to find.

Stink Billyums
Jul 7, 2006

MAGNUM

Artificer posted:

The day after I finished Alternative I read Planetarian. Everyone should do this.

Artificer
Apr 8, 2010

Gackt posted:

The day after I finished Alternative I read Planetarian. Everyone should do this.

It's...post-apocalyptic? That doesn't sound very cheerful. :(

MuvLuv Alternative: What I can't get over is that Takeru can't remember poo poo from his previous lives. Especially that last one. He grew a lot, learned a lot, and basically matured as a person. Aaaaaaaand now he's back at school and is a dweeb again. Goddammit. He doesn't even have a six pack anymore. Does this bother anyone else?

Blhue
Apr 22, 2008

Fallen Rib
Yeah that's the biggest complaint with the ending. Most people don't like that they chose to end it in a way that erased all the character growth Takeru went through over the series, but really the only other way I could see them ending it at that point would be him remaining there, continuing to fight, basically a broken man as the only people of value to him he hasn't watched die at this point are Yuuko and Kasumi. Possibly even less satisfying than what we got.

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Artificer posted:

That doesn't sound very cheerful. :(

That's the idea!

:getin:

It's a very good story, but if you've still got PTSD from ML, you might want to wait.

Zeratanis
Jun 16, 2009

Whew. (More ML Spoilers) After...well...THAT scene, the tone shot right back up to me with Sumika and Takeru resolving their issues. Sex scene aside, it was all a very sweet scene. :3: Immediately after though, holy crap at the BETA invading their base! That was probably one of the most intense things I have seen! The suspense was just so great, seeing how fearsome the BETA really are with their numbers. I usually lean back in my chair when reading, but this time I was right up to the edge, avoiding the pain in my tailbone injury(minor thankfully) just wondering what was gonna happen next involving the hanger they were defending and the mission to the Hive Reactor. Seeing those two guards from the very start was great! It was pretty sad though to see them get killed along with older Suzimiya. Hell, overall it's sad to see all the old Valkyrie's go. With everything going wrong all I could think about was near the end of Space Balls "gently caress! EVEN IN THE FUTURE NOTHING WORKS!" Thankfully though everything turned out...kinda well, many casualties aside. Afterwords seeing the plan for the Original Hive was great, and I especially laughed at Yuuko's "By the way, that entire plan, was a lie. :smug:" Oh Yuuko~ Seeing that Takeru, Sumika, and Kasumi are all gonna be in the same machine looks to be great, as well as the rest of the team getting the special Honor Guard TFS's.

I must say though that the thing that made me smile the most, even now as I type this was seeing Takeru make Kasumi happy, with it topped off with Sumika giving Takeru a big hug upon seeing him. :3: I ended the night immediately after they go to their old houses, with them sitting on their hill together.

Some small issues aside, this entire series really does blow nearly anything I can remember out of the water. Hopefully tomorrow after working on other stuff, I can finish it.

planetarial
Oct 19, 2012
On a different note, I finally got around to finishing Rose Guns Days last week and I gotta say it's kind of funny how even though it's about basically a prostitution ring it ends up being a lot more classier than most VNs. The music is very superb, as to be expected from a 07th Expansion work.

And now I'm working on Hakuouki. I bought it a while back, played it for like an hour and forgot about it for months. What do you guys think about it? I saw it mentioned once or twice on the old thread when it first came out but nothing beyond that.

Einander
Sep 14, 2008

"Yeh've forged a magnificent sword."

"This one's only practice. The real sword I intend to forge will be three times longer."

"Can there really be a sword as monstrous as that in this world?"

"Yes. I can see that sword... Somewhere out there..."

Max Wilco posted:

I don’t mean to digress from the current conversation, but I had a question to ask. Hardcore Gaming 101 did an article on a visual novel called YU-NO and its English translation patch a year or two ago. I also found that when the patch was released, it was also brought up during the old VN thread.

I'm going to give you the warning I have sworn to give everyone who mentions playing YU-NO:

If you've finished all the routes, collected all the orbs, and you get to a point where you lose access to the map and time travel, I'd strongly suggest you stop. That's the halfway mark, and the second half is bad. It's nothing like the first half in game style or setting, does not satisfactorily resolve the plot points of the first half, and adds a lot of creepiness besides.

The first half of YU-NO is fun! The time travel is used very well, the mysteries are interesting, and there's no real striking flaws (beyond an unhealthy obsession with panty shots). I just wish it wasn't attached to the second half. They're like night and day.

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

I don't think the second half would have been anywhere near as bad if it didn't have the whole spend eternity flying through space while loving your daughter who reached 18 years of age in three of your years thing. The rest of the intrigue about that half, the world itself, Sayless, Eriko and Ayumi being there somehow, etc I liked. On the other hand, it did give us Nephilim's current red text.

planetarial
Oct 19, 2012
I think we can all agree YU-NO had a good OST. The PC98 original one that is. But the sheer amount of fanservice in it is really bad (both in the first half and the second where it gets creepier), like bad enough to where I almost wanted to quit the game in disgust.

Krinkle
Feb 9, 2003

Ah do believe Ah've got the vapors...
Ah mean the farts

Zeratanis posted:

Okay, Muv Luv'd last night and most of today so far...(spoilers)Blasted through Sadogashima, and god drat that was so good. Loved the build up for it, love seeing Sumika become normal again(reminder: I really like Sumika) in a way, the fights themselves were amazing, I loved the development with Isumi. The thing that got me heavily concerned though was seeing well...images of Meiya pop up. Anyone who read my post knows I really don't care for Meiya much. I found her annoying in Extra, found her a lot more tolerable in Unlimited, then she got annoying again in Alternative. Regardless, it felt nice to later find out that it became a common thing with the others and that he still loved Sumika. But back on the battle, that sacrifice by Isumi was very nice in my opinion, and I loved how Takeru was dumb enough to call out Sumika's name in front of her. Overall that entire battle was amazing. Most of everything afterwords was nice too, if not a bit wordy when it came to Yuuko. I love how it keeps pulling my poor heart with Takeru and Sumika.

But...........

Okay, they could have just shown an equally gruesome scene as Marimo's death with Takeru being torn apart, a small description of what happened after and left it at that and it would have had an impact to match. But no, THAT happened, and I probably could have gone without seeing that and be all the happier. :stare: At first I was just "Uhh okay." Then it just kept going on. And On. And On. It almost felt like it was trying too hard. Certainly the lowest point of the series by far, but with everything else that's been happening before, its definitely not enough to give me a lower opinion of the series. One of those things though that just made me go "What the gently caress, WHY?" Really I'm just a sucker for the whole Takeru and Sumika dynamic and just wanna see how it keeps developing afterwords. :shobon:

Well, just got past there, so thought I'd share my thoughts, now to continue~

I just finished this part and I don't understand your second spoiler at all. Just in case it's something immediately afterwards that I'm missing I didn't read it too hard. Right now Takeru is being dumb as poo poo not mentioning that 1)he thought about meiya naked literally the instant the prototype piloted by his mind reading girlfriend crashed 2) she literally told him this was the reason she crashed.

Why is he saying "huh, unknown reason? weird." in this interview to Yuuko right now? Pretty frustrating to read because they're setting it up to happen again? Great. Is your second spoiler really "they made me look at meiya's rear end for .25 seconds harumpf"? The alternative is Sumika is going to murder Meiya while I'm in this room debriefing like a shithead.

E: Thank christ he said it. Nothing more frustrating than a main character not saying the most obvious loving thing.

e2: Ahahaha I just saw someone say they went to someone who I thought was dead, went to the wiki to confirm I can tell Japanese names apart, and saw the official picture for marimo http://muvluv.wikia.com/wiki/Jinguuji_Marimo holy crap I needed that laugh.

Krinkle fucked around with this message at 09:27 on Apr 10, 2013

Nephilm
Jun 11, 2009

by Lowtax

-Troika- posted:

Gil has Ea. Nothing else loving matters.

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

planetarial posted:

I think we can all agree YU-NO had a good OST. The PC98 original one that is.

Absolutely. Some of the best FM synth you'll ever hear. I miss Ryu Umemoto.

Tamba
Apr 5, 2010

Krinkle posted:

I just finished this part and I don't understand your second spoiler at all. Just in case it's something immediately afterwards that I'm missing I didn't read it too hard. Right now Takeru is being dumb as poo poo not mentioning that 1)he thought about meiya naked literally the instant the prototype piloted by his mind reading girlfriend crashed 2) she literally told him this was the reason she crashed.

You're not at that part yet, what he's talking about happens a bit later.

e: oops, sorry about that

Tamba fucked around with this message at 19:36 on Apr 10, 2013

DamnGlitch
Sep 2, 2004

Fix the spoiler you broke ya goof.

Re:mla's ending it's pretty implied the takeru has some sort of memory of what has happened, even I it's repressed. The game went out of its way to demonstrate how bad an idea it is to stick takeru with his new experiences In the non beta world. The end combines both the world of extra with the hint that he hasn't reeeeally bene completely restarted.

My primary problem with the ending (aside from lacking subs) is that it wraps so quickly compared to every other part of the game that it seems sudden.

Final thought: remember, this series is still aimed at filthy eroge players. Having a return to normal isn't a bad thing, and havin the other character from alt along is sweet.

Artificer
Apr 8, 2010

I'd love to have an Altered Fable translation. I hear Major Walker is back with a vengeance in it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zackarotto
Dec 25, 2005

Ha! Ha! I'll now calculate your brain age.
I'm interested in playing Higurashi/Kai/Umineko/Whatever, but the art looks pretty bad.

Anyhow, that's the series that got PS2 or PS3 ports with redone visuals and voice acting and stuff, right? What's the chance of getting a more definitive PC re-release if I wait a few years to check all this stuff out? I'm not in a hurry.

• Locked thread