Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Hirayuki
Mar 28, 2010

KKKLIP ART posted:

Donked it is the peak of runbutton verbiage
I seem to have added that to my repertoire as of yesterday. :(

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Coffee And Pie
Nov 4, 2010

"Blah-sum"?
More like "Blawesome"
I use "donked it" on a semi-regular basis. I'm waiting for it to catch on in my friend group, so far they're sticking with the inferior "goofed it."

simplefish
Mar 28, 2011

So long, and thanks for all the fish gallbladdΣrs!

Hirayuki posted:

I seem to have added that to my repertoire as of yesterday. :(

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=t_MNI8qRb6s
Give it til 1:11 and watch the sign language interpretation

Sartorius
Dec 30, 2012
Lipstick Apathy
Speaking of vintage Run Button Jokes Time Cube is gone :(

ColdPie
Jun 9, 2006

Jack Gladney posted:

You're chill thoughtful guys with perspective and grace and good ethics. You give me hope for the future and confidence in the younger generation.

You're a couple of good eggs and I'm glad I watched your videos.

It does kill me that I'm pretty sure K&K are both younger than me. I grew up with the Internet, so it's weird not being young on the Internet anymore.

19LettersLong
May 8, 2011

...let's just put this away.

Super Mario 64 (1996)
Part 6/? (LP pt.104) [Youtube]

Dresh
Jun 15, 2008

hrmph.
You guys need to be careful around that Chuckya in Wet Dry World, dude's totally unbeatable.

Arrhythmia
Jul 22, 2011

Dresh posted:

You guys need to be careful around that Chuckya in Wet Dry World, dude's totally unbeatable.

Literally impossible to defeat.

Aces High
Mar 26, 2010

Nah! A little chocolate will do

he's never going to live that post down is he?

Pidmon
Mar 18, 2009

NO ONE risks painful injury on your GREEN SLIME GHOST POGO RIDE.

No one but YOU.

Arrhythmia posted:

Literally impossible to defeat.

Look, Nega-Me, everyone knows you're from the Bad Universe but don't bring memes from there to here.

stubblyhead
Sep 13, 2007

That is treason, Johnny!

Fun Shoe
Was this a flagship game or whatever for N64? Cause it honestly doesn't seem all that fun of a game.

ChairMaster
Aug 22, 2009

by R. Guyovich

stubblyhead posted:

Was this a flagship game or whatever for N64? Cause it honestly doesn't seem all that fun of a game.

It's not only a flagship title but it's also like the best 3D platformer ever made. I dunno if it looks fun or not to someone who never played it but it's great.

Franchescanado
Feb 23, 2013

If it wasn't for disappointment
I wouldn't have any appointment

Grimey Drawer
It has only ever been considered or acknowledged as a classic by anyone I know that plays video games.

Pneub
Mar 12, 2007

I'M THE DEVIL, AND I WILL WASH OVER THE EARTH AND THE SEAS WILL RUN RED WITH THE BLOOD OF ALL THE SINNERS

I AM REBORN
Perfect Dark's pretty straight-forward on Agent difficulty.

Judge Tesla
Oct 29, 2011

:frogsiren:

stubblyhead posted:

Was Super Mario 64 a flagship title for the Nintendo 64? Yes, yes it was.

simplefish
Mar 28, 2011

It's a great game overall but wet/dry world is a terrible level in it - the goomba mountain one is forgettable too. Also Double K* suck at sliding and are playing it in a weird way where they keep flitting between levels (probably so it's more varied to watch). Part of the appeal when in control of Mario is learning more about the level and seeing the subtle changes every time you try for a new star. That's lost if it's been (months? Weeks?) since you last played a level, and the disconnect is larger if you're only watching.

Go watch Vicas beat the game with his feet.

*for all that I say here I really like the dynamic between them

Somethingdumb
Nov 19, 2011

Wicked grosso, dude

ColdPie posted:

It does kill me that I'm pretty sure K&K are both younger than me. I grew up with the Internet, so it's weird not being young on the Internet anymore.

Kyle is 25 and I'm 23

NeverKnowsBests
Jun 8, 2013

Somethingdumb posted:

Kyle is 25 and I'm 23

we have the same age... i feel special!

morallyobjected
Nov 3, 2012
Super Mario 64 is one of those games that was super impressive when it came out and great for the time but honestly hasn't aged well in many ways. the controls are a bit clunky, and there isn't a whole lot that it does that Super Mario Galaxy doesn't do better. one of the few things it has going for itself is that, like some people mentioned, all the stars are in the same level, to a certain degree, and it's more about figuring out how to get to them (there are some things that change from star to star, like King Bob-Omb not being at the top of the mountain when you race Koopa the Quick in Bob-Omb Battlefield).

Judge Tesla
Oct 29, 2011

:frogsiren:
It's probably heresy to say but I just prefer Mario Sunshine to 64, I will always have a soft spot for that game, it was just so much fun blasting around with FLUDD and exploring Isle Delfino which was a super nice environment in itself.

Death Bot
Mar 4, 2007

Binary killing machines, turning 1 into 0 since 0011000100111001 0011011100110110
Agreed. It feels a lot more cohesive and aged a lot better

Mooseontheloose
May 13, 2003

morallyobjected posted:

Super Mario 64 is one of those games that was super impressive when it came out and great for the time but honestly hasn't aged well in many ways. the controls are a bit clunky, and there isn't a whole lot that it does that Super Mario Galaxy doesn't do better. one of the few things it has going for itself is that, like some people mentioned, all the stars are in the same level, to a certain degree, and it's more about figuring out how to get to them (there are some things that change from star to star, like King Bob-Omb not being at the top of the mountain when you race Koopa the Quick in Bob-Omb Battlefield).

Mario 64 does have it's issues (the camera being the biggest one) but it has to have some credit for being the 1st 3D platformer or at least the first good one. Plus, as much as I love Galaxy, there isn't a lot of exploring the worlds unlike 64. 64 was more about exploring than anything and it's something no Mario game has been able to recapture since.

19LettersLong
May 8, 2011

...let's just put this away.
:siren: WHOOPS, completely forgot to post the previous episode here. Sorry bro, I donked it:

Super Mario 64 (1996)
Part 7/? (LP pt.105) [Youtube]

10/11/15

Super Mario 64 (1996)
Part 8/? (LP pt.106) [Youtube]

Captain Lavender
Oct 21, 2010

verb the adjective noun

Eagerly awaiting Baby Amy and Gavin spinoff series.

Dresh
Jun 15, 2008

hrmph.
Amy's voice brings back memories of Yoshi's Island. :allears:

e: I'm also disappointed you chose not to go into the pyramid.

Dresh fucked around with this message at 08:24 on Oct 12, 2015

Arsonist Daria
Feb 27, 2011

Requiescat in pace.

Dresh posted:

Amy's voice brings back memories of Yoshi's Island. :allears:

e: I'm also disappointed you chose not to go into the pyramid.

It reminds you of the babe?

Scaly Haylie
Dec 25, 2004

How old is Keith, again? My SO's three years older than me and that's never really felt weird, so I'm curious.

ChairMaster
Aug 22, 2009

by R. Guyovich

Lizard Wizard posted:

How old is Keith, again? My SO's three years older than me and that's never really felt weird, so I'm curious.

Somethingdumb posted:

Kyle is 25 and I'm 23

(23/2)+7=18.5

Not creepy.

Scaly Haylie
Dec 25, 2004

ChairMaster posted:

(23/2)+7=18.5

Not creepy.

All right, you're gonna have to explain the reasoning behind that math.

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

Lizard Wizard posted:

All right, you're gonna have to explain the reasoning behind that math.

Legally speaking, you are not allowed to be called creepy if you're dating a person whose age is at least half your age plus seven years. It's part of the same bill that gives students the right to leave if the teacher is at least 10 minutes late to class.

Arsonist Daria
Feb 27, 2011

Requiescat in pace.
Age doesn't really factor into the creepy thing being suggested.

Scaly Haylie
Dec 25, 2004

Lumberjack Bonanza posted:

Age doesn't really factor into the creepy thing being suggested.

All else being equal, I'm sure most of us here would find a couple with an immediately perceptible age difference creepier than one without, so yes it does?

darealkooky
Sep 15, 2011

You sayin' I like dubs?!?
why are you guys shaming random people just for being in love?

did you guys forget that #lovewins

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

My mom was one of my dad's students in college (he was grad she was undergrad), so *shrug*.

Fortis
Oct 21, 2009

feelin' fine
I kinda wanna keep this age derail and do something gay to it, like pee on it.

Scaly Haylie
Dec 25, 2004

darealkooky posted:

why are you guys shaming random people just for being in love?

did you guys forget that #lovewins

I'm not shaming anyone, just saying that it's really dumb to think that an age difference in a relationship doesn't impact an outsider's view on said relationship.

JFairfax
Oct 23, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
if both parties are adults it really doesn't loving matter you idiots

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kEl5RvbGdik

Arsonist Daria
Feb 27, 2011

Requiescat in pace.

Lizard Wizard posted:

All else being equal, I'm sure most of us here would find a couple with an immediately perceptible age difference creepier than one without, so yes it does?

wait I misunderstood the context

simplefish
Mar 28, 2011

You use the shell to get that red coin on Bobomb Battlefield

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Coffee And Pie
Nov 4, 2010

"Blah-sum"?
More like "Blawesome"

Fortis posted:

I kinda wanna keep this age derail and do something gay to it, like pee on it.

Here is the video of that, for the curious.

• Locked thread