Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Zeikier
Jan 26, 2010

"This woman...she's killed before, and not just once..."

Lumberjack Bonanza posted:

Gamecube controllers were pretty rugged, I dunno what you're talking about.

Out of frustration, I spiked a Wavebird into the ground and it bounced down two floors, then it unpaused my game and I had to rush down to grab it.

Gamecube controllers are good enough, but the joysticks will die. A lot later than the N64 ones probably, but they still die.

I'm talking more about when their central function craps out than their resilience.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

Yeah, joysticks are about the only part of controllers not made out of Nintendium. I've had buttons go soft on me, but even on systems I use all the time like my 3DS they still respond fine. Joysticks suffer, though the N64 was worst for that and they've gotten better. Wavebirds in particular seem to be tanks.

Death Bot
Mar 4, 2007

Binary killing machines, turning 1 into 0 since 0011000100111001 0011011100110110
for gamecube controllers the only problem i ever had was that the padding on the joysticks would come off, and you would end up with this horrifying jagged piece of plastic that inevitably had a broken part or two to really stick into you

19LettersLong
May 8, 2011

...let's just put this away.

Mario Party (1999)
Part 3/5 (LP pt.111) [Youtube]

Death Bot posted:

for gamecube controllers the only problem i ever had was that the padding on the joysticks would come off, and you would end up with this horrifying jagged piece of plastic that inevitably had a broken part or two to really stick into you

I never had that problem, but every Gamecube demo station I ever saw did!

Arsonist Daria
Feb 27, 2011

Requiescat in pace.
Okay Keith, regardless of Kyle's reasoning, surely you can see why wearing poo poo on your ears could make them relatively more hot than they would be under the same conditions without wearing something on your ears.

you were warned
Jul 12, 2006

(the S is for skeleton)
They had the same argument elsewhere (shenmue, maybe) and they mentioned that Kyle's wearing earbuds, not on-ear/over-ear headphones like I was picturing. I was on Kyle's side until I heard that. Your ears and all their highly vascular surface area are still freely giving off heat, dude.

Davinci
Feb 21, 2013
Maybe the earbuds are irritating his ears so they're getting warmer in response.

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

What's the story with the drunk Sonic 06 poo poo that's popping back up on your channel? You're not going back to that tire fire, are you? Is some patreon person making you do it? Do you need help? It's abuse and it's not your fault.

Arrhythmia
Jul 22, 2011

Jack Gladney posted:

What's the story with the drunk Sonic 06 poo poo that's popping back up on your channel? You're not going back to that tire fire, are you? Is some patreon person making you do it? Do you need help? It's abuse and it's not your fault.

yeah one of their patreon, or maybe stream?, goals was to finish sonic 06. and oops they passed that mark. whoops!

Inkspot
Dec 3, 2013

I believe I have
an appointment.
Mr. Goongala?
Dude. You're not supposed to, ... Just, ... Just let them do their Sonic 06 LP.

Testikles
Feb 22, 2009
Keith, Kyle, I've been watching your LPs for a long time and let me just say I'm appalled at your choices in alcohol.

19LettersLong
May 8, 2011

Mario Party (1999)
Part 4/4 (LP pt.112) [Youtube]

Arsonist Daria
Feb 27, 2011

Requiescat in pace.
This was the best piss-centric LP of Mario Party I've ever seen.

Glazius
Jul 22, 2007

Hail all those who are able,
any mouse can,
any mouse will,
but the Guard prevail.

Clapping Larry
Man, you just sitting there playing random voice clips from the parrot was surreal and sometimes terrifying.

Who's the announcer even supposed to be? Toad?

19LettersLong
May 8, 2011

Super Mario 64 (1996)
Part 11/? (LP pt.113) [Youtube]

stubblyhead
Sep 13, 2007

That is treason, Johnny!

Fun Shoe
Yo your should check out Master of the Flying Guillotine for a good kung fu movie, poo poo is dope.

you were warned
Jul 12, 2006

(the S is for skeleton)
I just found myself thinking the other day, "wait, does run button even have any LPs going on any more?" I'd completely forgotten the recent videos of trying to guess whether or not Keith and Gavin found that pee on a rock video hilarious.

Anyway, this made me want pico de gallo more than life itself. Thanks a lot. :saddowns:

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

Wing Chun is a fun movie. It's kinda like a Shakespeare comedy with martial arts. Mistaken identities, clown characters, a bunch of bawdiness, jumping 10 feet and kicking someone in the face...

It's in the "wire fighting and rubber staves" style of kung fu movies though, so if you want something "realistic" it's not gonna fit.

General Ironicus
Aug 21, 2008

Something about this feels kinda hinky
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z1PCtIaM_GQ

Please enjoy this video about why Jackie Chan movies are so good.

Pneub
Mar 12, 2007

I'M THE DEVIL, AND I WILL WASH OVER THE EARTH AND THE SEAS WILL RUN RED WITH THE BLOOD OF ALL THE SINNERS

I AM REBORN
I'm pretty sure Police Story is agreed upon by most people as objectively the best Jackie Chan movie, so get on that.

Also, I was REALLY hoping you were gonna say you were buying a Steel Reserve or Four Loko or something when you dropped the 'and you as well' at the package store.

you were warned
Jul 12, 2006

(the S is for skeleton)
I also kept thinking "and also with you" when I watched some of the Star Wars movies recently. Not catholic, but I did watch that John Mulaney special more than once.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=63RcymipKuY

Dresh
Jun 15, 2008

hrmph.

you were warned posted:

I also kept thinking "and also with you" when I watched some of the Star Wars movies recently. Not catholic, but I did watch that John Mulaney special more than once.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=63RcymipKuY

I couldn't stop thinking of this.

Testikles
Feb 22, 2009
You're actually not far off with the whole "And also with you" force thing. Gary Kurtz who was one of the producers for Star Wars said in an interview that the phrase "May the force be with you" was inspired by medieval Catholicism.

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

'Goodbye' is a short form of 'god be with ye'.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

congrats on your mention on the giant beastcast this week.

F. Lobot
Jul 6, 2010

The endless stairs podcast was a great callback to the Sonic Adventure 2 episode where Kyle spindashed in a straight line for 30 consecutive minutes while they talked about random poo poo.

BioEnchanted
Aug 9, 2011

He plays for the dreamers that forgot how to dream, and the lovers that forgot how to love.
Great jump right at the end there Kyle.

stubblyhead
Sep 13, 2007

That is treason, Johnny!

Fun Shoe
This LP isn't going to finish before this kid leaves for college, is it.

SorataYuy
Jul 17, 2014

That... didn't even make sense.
By the time we finish it, it'll be time for Mario's 50th anniversary, just you wait.

19LettersLong
May 8, 2011

Super Mario 64 (1996)
Part 12/? (LP pt.114) [Youtube]

Sneaking Mission
Nov 11, 2008

I heard you punks were talking poo poo about hydrogen.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

Careful what you say about Hydrogen, that guy reacts pretty violently.

Death Bot
Mar 4, 2007

Binary killing machines, turning 1 into 0 since 0011000100111001 0011011100110110
just wanna point out for next time that the pause menu in the main castle lets you look at which levels you've gotten stars on

also there's a few 100 coin stars you can get pretty easily if you want

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

stubblyhead posted:

This LP isn't going to finish before this kid leaves for college, is it.

Happy 3rd anniversary, thread!

19LettersLong
May 8, 2011

Super Mario 64 (1996)
Part 13/? (LP pt.115) [Youtube]

Aurora posted:

Happy 3rd anniversary, thread!
:stare: ............................
:stare:

stubblyhead
Sep 13, 2007

That is treason, Johnny!

Fun Shoe
Ways that this game has not aged well:
  • all of them

Seriously, this does not look like a fun game at all.

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

At least it's not that loving awful nightmare Yoshi game with the crying baby.

Judge Tesla
Oct 29, 2011

:frogsiren:

stubblyhead posted:

Ways that this game has not aged well:
  • all of them

Seriously, this does not look like a fun game at all.

As the Father of 3D Platforming games it gets a free pass from me, I'm aware its got its issues from a modern perspective and that Mario Galaxy and even Sunshine are vastly superior but its still pretty playable today.

MR. J
Nov 22, 2011

Chuck and Fuck
It's actually still pretty good by today's standards. Kyle's just not very good at it. :v:
Plus there's still one world they've yet to even touch.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Death Bot
Mar 4, 2007

honestly i feel like the last quarter of the game or so is pretty rough. the levels are harder but not really more fun, and you've exhausted a lot of the more fun parts of the game

• Locked thread