Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Captain Lavender
Oct 21, 2010

verb the adjective noun

I actually like the damage-to-distance model in the first Smash Bros better than the other ones. Starting with Melee, it felt like players wouldn't start flying around until they took a lot of damage, and then the distance would shoot up exponentially - kind of like there was a damage threshold. In the first one, it was a more predictable, x=y type line of damage vs distance thrown. I just really preferred that, even it is makes the game slower, and you waste more time closing the distance.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pidmon
Mar 18, 2009

NO ONE risks painful injury on your GREEN SLIME GHOST POGO RIDE.

No one but YOU.
Song time was amazing.

19LettersLong
May 8, 2011

...let's just put this away.

Super Smash Bros. (1999)
Part 1/1 (LP pt.125) [Youtube]

Mario Golf (GBC) (1999)
Part 1/1 (LP pt.126) [Youtube]

19LettersLong
May 8, 2011

...let's just put this away.

Mario Golf (1999)
Part 1/1 (LP pt.127) [Youtube]

FractalSandwich
Apr 25, 2010
As far as I'm concerned, the only Nintendo 64 golf game worth mentioning is Waialae Country Club: True Golf Classics.

Death Bot
Mar 4, 2007

Binary killing machines, turning 1 into 0 since 0011000100111001 0011011100110110
http://www.thedailybeast.com/articles/2016/05/02/why-have-millennials-fallen-out-of-love-with-diamonds.html

I cant even bring myself to process the words in this article because of how angry the premise makes me, in combination with thinking about my bank account.

stubblyhead
Sep 13, 2007

That is treason, Johnny!

Fun Shoe
Those little things on the outside of strawberries you think are seeds are actually the fruits. The red yummy part is just surrounding tissue.

FractalSandwich
Apr 25, 2010
Australian schools don't have cafeteria the way Americans know them, so I've never seen a real food fight either.

This comment will make sense whenever Kyle gets around to posting the latest episode here.

The Merkinman
Apr 22, 2007

I sell only quality merkins. What is a merkin you ask? Why, it's a wig for your genitals!
I'm in DC and see signs for re-electing David Grosso, I don't know how wicked his is, though.

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

Keith do you hate Mystery Science Theater 3000 at least in part because you went to Castleton and the first word out of everyone's mouth when they know that is guaranteed to be related to that show?

you were warned
Jul 12, 2006

(the S is for skeleton)
I'm pretty sure that specific GI Joe video came up in some conversation I had recently, either with a friend or one of my sisters. I don't think I was the one who brought it up, but it definitely delighted me. I'm kinda old, though. :( I remember downloading them as they came out when I was in college. Oh, those pre-youtube days.

Actually, I recently thought of the porkchop sandwiches one when I set off the smoke alarm while cooking. :cripes:

I loved N64 Mario Golf, despite hating golf (dad always took over the TV to watch it) and not knowing how to play it. It might be the soothing soundtrack. I automatically remember this music whenever I think of the game:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qyMQh8Uhi_8

Death Bot
Mar 4, 2007

Binary killing machines, turning 1 into 0 since 0011000100111001 0011011100110110
There's a paper Mario episode up but there's also a how are you today minisode that I am halfway through, and also am insane as a result of

stubblyhead
Sep 13, 2007

That is treason, Johnny!

Fun Shoe
19LettersLong are you mad at us??

Franchescanado
Feb 23, 2013

If it wasn't for disappointment
I wouldn't have any appointment

Grimey Drawer

stubblyhead posted:

19LettersLong are you mad at us??

They've lost interest in SA now that they have their own pay service site and following.

you were warned
Jul 12, 2006

(the S is for skeleton)
Just head on over to their youtube channel for the latest episode of GBC Mario Tennis! It has all the fun of being the designated driver.

Sneaking Mission
Nov 11, 2008

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Somethingdumb
Nov 19, 2011

Wicked grosso, dude
C'mon guys you know we didnt lose interest in SA because we use a paid service and that its actually because using a forum is a pain in the rear end.

anyway i talked to Kyle about needing to be better about posing in here (though im doing all the editing and its been my fault for a month now oops)

anyway

Mario Tennis (2000) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jRnklF9bMf8

Dr Mario 64 (2001) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g_AIwTEoc4Q

jesus christ making this post sucked so hard i love you guys but man what an effort

Jack Gladney posted:

Keith do you hate Mystery Science Theater 3000 at least in part because you went to Castleton and the first word out of everyone's mouth when they know that is guaranteed to be related to that show?

nope! i barely went to castleton and only 1 or 2 people have ever made the connection

Scaly Haylie
Dec 25, 2004

Hey, are you going to do Mario Party 2 and 3 or what?

Somethingdumb
Nov 19, 2011

Wicked grosso, dude
we are definitely going to do at least MP2 and i would be shocked if we didnt do all of them

Sum Mors
Feb 21, 2008
I don't know if i can finish the video. How is it possible for two adults to not beat the first level of a Dr. Mario game.

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

Somehow I expect ZOG Log to make a comeback under the Trump administration.

An Actual Princess
Dec 23, 2006

Sum Mors posted:

I don't know if i can finish the video. How is it possible for two adults to not beat the first level of a Dr. Mario game.

I had this exact thought and then I went it and tried it myself and it was WAY harder than I thought it would be, and that's without having to carry on a conversation during

TechnoSyndrome
Apr 10, 2009

STARE
I can't believe Kyle sold out and used the virtual console version of Mario Tennis

Dresh
Jun 15, 2008

hrmph.
I find it kind of funny that most of the cast from Dr. Mario 64 game is from Wario Land 3, like the only other actual Mario character is Metal Mario.

Somethingdumb
Nov 19, 2011

Wicked grosso, dude
yeah someone on youtube said that every additional character was taken from Wario Land 3 except metal mario

Somethingdumb
Nov 19, 2011

Wicked grosso, dude
Hey guys im not going to make a full post for this, but here's some bonus stuff kyle and i accidentally recorded after the mario tennis ep (between tennis and dr mario)
I legit cant even remember what we were even talking about and i edited the drat thing. I'm sure its fine though or i would have thrown it away.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RKYxZOAvv5E

oh yeah and kyle plays some amiibo zelda stuff and then mega man VII. :confuoot:

Somethingdumb
Nov 19, 2011

Wicked grosso, dude

Game & Watch Gallery 3 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DUfwmQ6jpRs

Great news: the first one of these is still the only good one!

morallyobjected
Nov 3, 2012
goddamn there are so many Mario games

Dresh
Jun 15, 2008

hrmph.
Oh my god, this is the second LP I'm watching that's started talking about cloacas.

Somethingdumb
Nov 19, 2011

Wicked grosso, dude
I hope that run button will be your number 1 stop for cloaca talk

Scaly Haylie
Dec 25, 2004

Dresh posted:

Oh my god, this is the second LP I'm watching that's started talking about cloacas.

Go on.

FractalSandwich
Apr 25, 2010
How was your experience with Soylent, Keith? I don't think you ever followed up on that in a video.

Dresh
Jun 15, 2008

hrmph.

The D-Pad LPs bring up cloacas a lot, especially in their more recent Kirby marathon episodes. I will be impressed if K&K manage to supplant them as the number one cloaca LPers.

Somethingdumb
Nov 19, 2011

Wicked grosso, dude

FractalSandwich posted:

How was your experience with Soylent, Keith? I don't think you ever followed up on that in a video.

it was fantastic and the only reason im not still on it is because they were on back order (of the powder) for 3 months. i plan to return to it next month

FractalSandwich
Apr 25, 2010

Somethingdumb posted:

it was fantastic and the only reason im not still on it is because they were on back order (of the powder) for 3 months. i plan to return to it next month
That's cool. I was talking to someone about it the other day. I was interested in trying it, but you can't get it in Australia, and I didn't want to get involved in under-the-table black market Soylent smuggling. That's a bad scene.

Scaly Haylie
Dec 25, 2004

Dresh posted:

cloaca LPers

How does one play a cloaca?

The Merkinman
Apr 22, 2007

I sell only quality merkins. What is a merkin you ask? Why, it's a wig for your genitals!

Lizard Wizard posted:

How does one play a cloaca?
very carefully

Death Bot
Mar 4, 2007

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zpn2OIFAJ0s

Somethingdumb
Nov 19, 2011

Wicked grosso, dude

Mario Super Circuit (GBA)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=enMd9DVhdA4

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FractalSandwich
Apr 25, 2010
Some quality boner-related editing in this episode.

• Locked thread