Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Runa
Feb 13, 2011

Also since I started relistening to 30 years o' mario again, in SMB2 I got blindsided by Keith's offhand joke about Final Destination and now there's kombucha on my desk.

You guys remain funny as heck and it's a shame people on youtube don't "get" you.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Somethingdumb
Nov 19, 2011

Wicked grosso, dude

Super Mario Sunshine
Part 6/? (LP pt.143) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LdoCdGRx92U

Xarbala posted:

Also since I started relistening to 30 years o' mario again, in SMB2 I got blindsided by Keith's offhand joke about Final Destination and now there's kombucha on my desk.

You guys remain funny as heck and it's a shame people on youtube don't "get" you.

I feel its less that we're not gotten than that we can't seem to break out viewer ceiling. That seems more like the issue.

FractalSandwich
Apr 25, 2010

Somethingdumb posted:

It's literally nothing. I think we made an offhand joke about finding clues in maybe the Jet Grind Radio video and we just kept saying it.
Speaking of, I just got around to watching those videos tonight. I noticed someone in your Youtube comments being extremely wrong about this, so I wanted to bring it up: "Tokyo-to" is just the full official name of Tokyo in Japanese. The second "to" means "metropolis", in this context.

In the specific case of Jet Set Radio, there's a bit more to it than that, and Kyle was still right that the game doesn't take place in the real Tokyo, but that's not why. That wasn't, in fact, a clue.

FractalSandwich fucked around with this message at 13:34 on Jan 18, 2017

Somethingdumb
Nov 19, 2011

Wicked grosso, dude

Super Mario 64 GameShark Codes
LP part 145 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l18ufWJti9A

you were warned
Jul 12, 2006

(the S is for skeleton)
Did the "NES sound" just not record, or...? Most Glitchiest Code did not disappoint, though.

I remember finding gameshark codes for Ocarina of Time with super dumb names like Text Is Big And Weird and Specific Things Lean. I don't think either of those actually worked. My favorite was one that horribly, horribly deformed all the horses.

Just a few years ago, a friend and I discovered the magic of Wave Race 64 codes. Even the built-in ones make everything go batshit crazy. Highly recommended.

Somethingdumb
Nov 19, 2011

Wicked grosso, dude
oh oops i might have accidentally deleted the audio when i was lowering it to a non deadly volume

Somethingdumb
Nov 19, 2011

Wicked grosso, dude
okay here's a reupload that has that audio fixed https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=psOMbVNDxZo

you were warned
Jul 12, 2006

(the S is for skeleton)
:staredog: Wow. Now we know what Mario's pokemon R/B/Y cry would sound like.

Somethingdumb
Nov 19, 2011

Wicked grosso, dude

Luigi's Mansion
Part 5/? (LP pt. 145) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a0xmEU8gFiU

Somethingdumb
Nov 19, 2011

Wicked grosso, dude

Super Mario Sunshine
Part 7/? (LP Part 146) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rRTqlnQAKWI

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

That was a genuinely sick action shot.

morallyobjected
Nov 3, 2012
in case anyone is actually getting their updates from here and not YouTube

Super Mario Sunshine Episode 8
Super Mario Sunshine Episode 9
Super Mario Sunshine Episode 10
Super Mario Sunshine Episode 11
Super Mario Sunshine Episode 12
Super Mario Sunshine Episode 13

Franchescanado
Feb 23, 2013

If it wasn't for disappointment
I wouldn't have any appointment

Grimey Drawer
Yeah, it's better to just subscribe to Run Button's YouTube.

morallyobjected
Nov 3, 2012
in the last one, I loved Kyle trying to kill that wind ghost at the top with Keith warning him to just ignore it and run past, and then Kyle gets hit and falls all the way back down again

MR. J
Nov 22, 2011

Chuck and Fuck
That's depressing.

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

Happy almost fourth anniversary, thread.

Death Bot
Mar 4, 2007

Binary killing machines, turning 1 into 0 since 0011000100111001 0011011100110110
I listened to the Switch+Zelda podcast episode and want to reiterate that I love Keith because he's a crazy person and it's nice to feel represented.

Patter Song
Mar 26, 2010

Hereby it is manifest that during the time men live without a common power to keep them all in awe, they are in that condition which is called war; and such a war as is of every man against every man.
Fun Shoe
Catching up on this after bailing 2 years ago: for some reason, I really like your Mario Sunshine stuff. It's interesting watching you guys go from "This game is a lot better than people say it is!" to "gently caress this game!"

EDIT: I will say that I miss the really short "what the gently caress is this" one-shots on Famicom/NES stuff. I kind of hate that this format ends up going into longer and longer titles, though that's naturally how stuff like this works.

Franchescanado
Feb 23, 2013

If it wasn't for disappointment
I wouldn't have any appointment

Grimey Drawer
Episode 154 - Super Mario Sunshine pt. 15 went up.

Patter Song
Mar 26, 2010

Hereby it is manifest that during the time men live without a common power to keep them all in awe, they are in that condition which is called war; and such a war as is of every man against every man.
Fun Shoe
I have a suggestion for their next series...

The worst project ever.

Play 27 years of Madden.

funky not a junkie
Aug 5, 2011

Patter Song posted:

I have a suggestion for their next series...

The worst project ever.

Play 27 years of Madden.

No they should do every pacman game

Scaly Haylie
Dec 25, 2004

Extremely hosed up that we still haven't seen Mario Party 2 or 3, guys.

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

That pinball game is what's hosed up.

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

Jack Gladney posted:

That pinball game is what's hosed up.

Extremely.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

Keith, I think about your Illuminati-expert sister sometimes. Did she go alt-right?

• Locked thread