Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
gardenald
Jul 23, 2007

In the end, it comes down to throwing one pitch after another, and seeing what happens. With each new consequence, the game begins to take shape.

leekster posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VuKN_wt527E

I know this is the wrong LP but I thought this was still relevant. This has so many layers to it I'd have to think it's satire. They've also done Mario related stuff but it was just mushroom cupcakes, and didn't have the "professional" cosplay.

No lie those are some professional looking chili dogs

Despite the stupid video concept

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
What stupid video concept? I think this poo poo is great :haw:

DarthBlingBling
Apr 19, 2004

These were also dark times for gamers as we were shunned by others for being geeky or nerdy and computer games were seen as Childs play things, during these dark ages the whispers began circulating about a 3D space combat game called Elite

- CMDR Bald Man In A Box
Can anyone lend me £1400 for this beautiful machine.

No Mario time line would be complete without it.

FinalGamer
Aug 30, 2012

So the mystic script says.

DarthBlingBling posted:

Can anyone lend me £1400 for this beautiful machine.

No Mario time line would be complete without it.
Holy christ that looks gorgeous.
I don't get pinball machines having different themes when most of them seem all the same (unless some pinball wizard would love to sperg out on this topic) but that is pretty gorgeous, and I love that Nintendo Blue.

Somethingdumb
Nov 19, 2011

Wicked grosso, dude

FinalGamer posted:

Holy christ that looks gorgeous.
I don't get pinball machines having different themes when most of them seem all the same (unless some pinball wizard would love to sperg out on this topic) but that is pretty gorgeous, and I love that Nintendo Blue.

The theme is kind of what is trying to separate one machine from another. That and different objectives and effects. My favorite machines are the ones where completing objectives physically change the table in some way.

But I don't know a ton about pinball and I only play it sometimes.

DarthBlingBling
Apr 19, 2004

These were also dark times for gamers as we were shunned by others for being geeky or nerdy and computer games were seen as Childs play things, during these dark ages the whispers began circulating about a 3D space combat game called Elite

- CMDR Bald Man In A Box
Only one in the UK apparently and he's local to me. Tried to convince my boss it would be a good for the office, but he gave me silence.

Coffee And Pie
Nov 4, 2010

"Blah-sum"?
More like "Blawesome"
I remember they used to have a sweet Twister pinball machine in the pizza place by the movie theater. I played it one time and it broke.

Glazius
Jul 22, 2007

Hail all those who are able,
any mouse can,
any mouse will,
but the Guard prevail.

Clapping Larry
I do like how they worked one of the new engine features (tossing things in various directions) into the final boss. That's always nice, when you can show off what you improved in the final battle.

19LettersLong
May 8, 2011

...let's just put this away.

Super Mario All-Stars (1993)
Part 1/3 (LP pt.53) [Youtube]

Let's Play Games We've Already Played

Zeikier
Jan 26, 2010

"This woman...she's killed before, and not just once..."

So while watching Lucas Plays Sonic 2, a lot of your commentary sounded like you were observing a scientific specimen performing trials of something, noting how he was doing new things he wasn't before and stuff. It prompted me to do the following:

Dresh
Jun 15, 2008

hrmph.
Those are arms on the Bullet Bills, definitely not supposed to be wings.

Suspect Bucket
Jan 15, 2012

SHRIMPDOR WAS A MAN
I mean, HE WAS A SHRIMP MAN
er, maybe also A DRAGON
or possibly
A MINOR LEAGUE BASEBALL TEAM
BUT HE WAS STILL
SHRIMPDOR
Post pictures of the poor abused and neglected cat. Then have her play Sonic 2.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

I agree that the mario all stars versions of the nes games just don't look right

Potato Jones
Apr 9, 2007

Clever Betty
Buzzy Beetles are the best, you are incorrect.

And, yeah, looking at the All-Stars version of the NES games again, they ... look off.

Potato Jones fucked around with this message at 06:49 on Apr 18, 2014

FinalGamer
Aug 30, 2012

So the mystic script says.
Oh my god Lucas, he called them coins too it's practically genetic

I totally missed this video and oh my god he's adorable :allears: also he plays pretty drat well for his age, I can tell he's figuring stuff out and getting really curious about stuff, but he can totally wreck the game if he wanted to. He definitely learns faster than I did at his age, I had to get my sister to teach me.

Davinci
Feb 21, 2013
As always , watching you tango with those hammer brothers is harrowing as gently caress.

Pneub
Mar 12, 2007

I'M THE DEVIL, AND I WILL WASH OVER THE EARTH AND THE SEAS WILL RUN RED WITH THE BLOOD OF ALL THE SINNERS

I AM REBORN

Real hurthling! posted:

I agree that the mario all stars versions of the nes games just don't look right

2 is probably the best looking one.

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

drat guys, just hug that loving cat. All she wants is love and community. You can post a video of hugging the cat.

Scaly Haylie
Dec 25, 2004

Doting up cats is a slippery slope.

Scaly Haylie fucked around with this message at 01:09 on Apr 19, 2014

NeverKnowsBests
Jun 8, 2013

Jack Gladney posted:

drat guys, just hug that loving cat. All she wants is love and community. You can post a video of hugging the cat.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TOZnDVrfwm8

the cat most prove himself worthy by doing something like this first.

BottledBodhisvata
Jul 26, 2013

by Lowtax

NeverKnowsBests posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TOZnDVrfwm8

the cat most prove himself worthy by doing something like this first.

I think this may be the worst video I've ever seen and I've seen a LOT of cat videos.

19LettersLong
May 8, 2011

Super Mario All-Stars (1993)
Part 2/3 (LP pt.54) [Youtube]

Bonus second video:

PAX East Classic Console Freeplay: Yoshi's Cookie
Bonus: Yoshi's Cookie: Second Bite [Youtube]

(Sorry the audio is so hosed. There's really nothing much I can do to fix it. Or at least, nothing I could do that would be worth the effort.)

19LettersLong fucked around with this message at 01:39 on Apr 22, 2014

Aishlinn
Mar 31, 2011

This might hurt a bit..

It was only a matter of time before the disturbing birdo cosplay showed up. As Ron white said: Things that make you go "Buh.."

19LettersLong
May 8, 2011

Aishlinn posted:

It was only a matter of time before the disturbing birdo cosplay showed up. As Ron white said: Things that make you go "Buh.."
I actually posted that a year ago, back when we were playing SMB2. In the spirit of Mario All-Stars, I've been bringing back old cosplay pics I've used before.

Ometeotl
Feb 13, 2012

It's MISSEL! Or SISSLE!
I confused myself...

This video contains Kyle being right about everything. The ninji-like enemies from Kirby are in...Amazing Mirror, I believe, and Luigi is by far the best character, the potions always immediately falling when thrown.

Somethingdumb
Nov 19, 2011

Wicked grosso, dude

Ometeotl posted:

This video contains Kyle being right about everything. The ninji-like enemies from Kirby are in...Amazing Mirror, I believe, and Luigi is by far the best character, the potions always immediately falling when thrown.

I think you mean Keith (me) being right about everything. The little star things are also in Kirby 64.

Ometeotl
Feb 13, 2012

It's MISSEL! Or SISSLE!
I confused myself...

To-may-to, to-mah-to.

Novum
May 26, 2012

That's how we roll
One of you should change your name to something cool like Razz or Psycho to prevent confusion.

Trash Boat
Dec 28, 2012

VROOM VROOM

While you're doing re-releases of old games, I demand that you go back and retroactively play Sonic the Hedgehog Genesis. :colbert:

Trash Boat fucked around with this message at 03:27 on Apr 22, 2014

MR. J
Nov 22, 2011

Chuck and Fuck

19LettersLong posted:

I actually posted that a year ago, back when we were playing SMB2. In the spirit of Mario All-Stars, I've been bringing back old cosplay pics I've used before.

You gonna do it again when we get to the GBA? :v:

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Novum posted:

One of you should change your name to something cool like Razz or Psycho to prevent confusion.

a leprechaun accent on one of them would be easier to tell them by

Blenheim
Sep 22, 2010
I agree with whoever voiced it earlier that SMB2 looks the best in All-Stars, and I actually think the desert stages look neat at night. I don't like that they lowered the tone of the boss music, though.

Squallege
Jan 7, 2006

No greater good, no just cause

Grimey Drawer

Novum posted:

Lyle and Keyman!

Zebia
Oct 10, 2012

How's my volume?

MR. J posted:

You gonna do it again when we get to the GBA? :v:

You somehow just reminded me that Super Mario Bros. Deluxe exists. I forgot how many remakes they did.

Tuskin38
May 1, 2013

Have you seen these posts?
They're pretty popular on Reddit.

Zebia posted:

You somehow just reminded me that Super Mario Bros. Deluxe exists. I forgot how many remakes they did.

That game was I think the first time I played the original Mario to the end.

Loren1350
Mar 30, 2007

Ometeotl posted:

Clearly this is a joke, as Toad is the best character and potions are definitely flingable.

Turtlicious
Sep 17, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Did you guys make enough to do your "Video a day" thing?

e: Never mind yeah they did, but I just realized that a "new video everyday" will only be applicable to the dudes who pay a subscription fee for their LP.

Turtlicious fucked around with this message at 06:14 on Apr 22, 2014

Scaly Haylie
Dec 25, 2004

Turtlicious posted:

Did you guys make enough to do your "Video a day" thing?

e: Never mind yeah they did, but I just realized that a "new video everyday" will only be applicable to the dudes who pay a subscription fee for their LP.

Yeah, just like the continuing Digimon World LP is only being distributed to the dudes who support them monthly. :thumbsup:

Shifty gimbal
Dec 28, 2008

Hey you... I got something to tell ya
Biscuit Hider

Blenheim posted:

I agree with whoever voiced it earlier that SMB2 looks the best in All-Stars, and I actually think the desert stages look neat at night. I don't like that they lowered the tone of the boss music, though.

Mario 2 might look better in All-Stars, but it certainly sounds like poo poo. Birdo's death sounds like a wet fart:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m63Vppg6eRg&t=450s

Especially if you compare to the death rattle of the 'Panic:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=650VeGAclUM&t=386s

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Yeah All stars was really unsatisfying presentation wise for people who grew up with the originals

• Locked thread