Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
frankenfreak
Feb 16, 2007

I SCORED 85% ON A QUIZ ABOUT MONDAY NIGHT RAW AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS LOUSY TEXT

#bastionboogerbrigade
Oh, Alleyway. I don't now if I ever beat it, but I sunk so many hours into it trying to. Looking back, it's baffling since it's literally the same thing over and over again with little variations. I guess it's because we didn't have anything else back in the day, so stop complaining about it, you spoiled youngsters! :corsair:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

frankenfreak
Feb 16, 2007

#bastionboogerbrigade

Carbon dioxide posted:

- Jumping on the button is one way to finish 1-3. If you have balls, you can shoot like 20 of them at the boss to kill it, giving you a lot of points you wouldn't get otherwise. Points are kinda important because having an enormous crapload of them (100000) when you game over will give you a Continue.
I think it was 10 hits for bosses in normal levels and 20 for bosses in sidescrolling levels like 2-3.

While I never had a problem with the running rock enemies, I know some people just can't handle them. Back in the day, my mom would play Super Mario Land and thought of them as the worst thing ever. In other words, you're as bad at Mario as my mom.

frankenfreak
Feb 16, 2007

#bastionboogerbrigade

Law posted:

I'm not sure if anyone's mentioned it but what's up with Daisy's giant curly moustache?

Mario's got nothing on Princess Daisy.
Oh god, I can't unsee it now!

Choco1980 posted:

Between that and Kyle's 10 year old mentality of he being bad at the game meant the game itself was bad (it really really isn't, and once you've practiced it, it's arguably easier than any of the NES titles) made this one of the less fun videos by the guys I've watched.
I'm more turned off by the bitching about how this game is not "proper Mario". They even noted at some point that the "Mario formula" was far from tied down when SML was published, yet go on with how it feels off.

Well, it doesn't matter anymore. The game is over and I'm looking forward to where they take us next.

frankenfreak
Feb 16, 2007

#bastionboogerbrigade

Mulderman posted:

I love Dr. Mario and you know who else? Every dad ever! Seriously, try it out for yourself!
Moms, too, based on my anecdotal evidence. Both my mom and my aunt regularly relax by pulling out the old brick Game Boys and play Dr. Mario (or Tetris).

frankenfreak
Feb 16, 2007

#bastionboogerbrigade
I enjoy the Mario Party videos very much, so I hope they play at least a bit of all of them.

• Locked thread