Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
stubblyhead
Sep 13, 2007

That is treason, Johnny!

Fun Shoe
Wrong, it's actually pretty awesome

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

stubblyhead
Sep 13, 2007

That is treason, Johnny!

Fun Shoe

Gimbal lock posted:

Yoshi's island is good and and Kyle's hypothesis on "first played" age is wrong.
The sequels are dogshit though.

Agreed, I was almost done with high school when it was released and didn't play it at all until a few years later on an emulator. The game itself is great, but Keith and Kyle are both pretty lousy at it, sad to say.

stubblyhead
Sep 13, 2007

That is treason, Johnny!

Fun Shoe
Well it's a ghost house, maybe you have to go up the stairs 17 times to get to the next area. They're tricky like that.

stubblyhead
Sep 13, 2007

That is treason, Johnny!

Fun Shoe

Libluini posted:

So I guess you won't show any of the bonus levels? Some of those are pretty neat. Sadly, you have to 100% a lot of levels, if not all in a world to get them. (My childhood memories are a bit hazy here.) Since you guys kind of do the opposite of that, well. Though poo poo for us I guess.

Yeah, if memory serves there's one bonus level for each world, and you have to score 100 on all the normal levels before it's available. It also unlocks a reuseable bonus game or something like that as well. I think it goes without saying that we're not going to see any of those on this playthrough, but I challenge them to score 100 at least once, even if they have to go back to the first level to do it.

stubblyhead
Sep 13, 2007

That is treason, Johnny!

Fun Shoe

Dr. Buttass posted:

And then people just ignore the whole subject and complain about how annoying Baby Mario is because they don't think for two seconds about what happened to babies whose parents didn't think their crying was annoying.

I bet they got a decent night's sleep once in a while, that's for sure.

stubblyhead
Sep 13, 2007

That is treason, Johnny!

Fun Shoe

darealkooky posted:

You are unironically saying that a mario game needs a mechanic that's intentionally unfun because it's realistic.

The game where the cartoony dinosaur mutant eats turtles and turns them into eggs and can also transform into a car, and is doing so to protect a baby who sometimes dons a superman cape and runs up walls, needs an incredibly lovely and annoying feature because it makes it more realistic.

Point of clarification, Yoshi can only turn turtles into eggs if he stomps on them first to knock them out of their shells, otherwise he just spits the shell out.

stubblyhead
Sep 13, 2007

That is treason, Johnny!

Fun Shoe
Watching you guys play Yoshi's Island is like watching Pentacostal Christians have sex. Just going through the motions with only the end result in mind, while totally missing out on all the fun and joy of the act itself.

stubblyhead
Sep 13, 2007

That is treason, Johnny!

Fun Shoe

Sum Mors posted:

Yoshi's Island is entirely too long of a game. It's definitely cute, and there are some mechanics to it, but it is incredibly boring most of the time. There would be nothing to the videos if they only talked about the game. And who thought a baby screaming would be fun to listen to every time you got hit?

I don't care about them talking about other stuff, and I agree that it's a pretty long game. It's just baffling to me that Kyle can blow right by a flower and say eh I don't need that thing, or just completely ignore the little message box guys or the big brightly colored arrow things without even a bit of curiosity about what it might do.

stubblyhead
Sep 13, 2007

That is treason, Johnny!

Fun Shoe

Railing Kill posted:

Is it ok to like more than one Mario RPG?

No, you have to pick one.

stubblyhead
Sep 13, 2007

That is treason, Johnny!

Fun Shoe

dude789 posted:

The boss of the second castle in world 5 is really cool so that's something to look forward to.

It is, and I predict that boss alone will be an entire installment.

stubblyhead
Sep 13, 2007

That is treason, Johnny!

Fun Shoe

Real hurthling! posted:

timestamp plz.

Starts around 24:00.

stubblyhead
Sep 13, 2007

That is treason, Johnny!

Fun Shoe

Devious Vacuum posted:

You did a great job playing in this episode, Kyle, especially after taking a break from playing since the marathon. It looks like the final world is more amenable to speedrunning than the previous levels.

Agreed, I was legit surprised how quickly he got through that boss fight. When he said how surprised he was that the castle didn't take 45 minutes, I laughed a little bit because I was sure that loving bird was gonna wreck their poo poo. Have you two been hustling us this whole time??

stubblyhead
Sep 13, 2007

That is treason, Johnny!

Fun Shoe

Dango Bango posted:

I completely expected this to happen and I kept laughing more and more as Kyle kept running away from the spot where you're supposed to throw an egg to follow the arrows.

Literally a big red arrow pointing at the thing you need to do. Also pretty funny that he complains about the object permanence when he couldn't remember which way to go 30 seconds later. Just out of curiosity, how long is the last video? I'm thinking 1:20 for the O/U.

stubblyhead
Sep 13, 2007

That is treason, Johnny!

Fun Shoe
Freedom, horrible horrible freedom!!

stubblyhead
Sep 13, 2007

That is treason, Johnny!

Fun Shoe

19LettersLong posted:

Super Mario RPG: Legend of the Seven Stars (1996)
Part 2/3 (LP pt.93) [Youtube]

In which Keith shows Kyle his butt.

stubblyhead
Sep 13, 2007

That is treason, Johnny!

Fun Shoe
Goddamn, Mario is stoned as gently caress in that game over screen.

stubblyhead
Sep 13, 2007

That is treason, Johnny!

Fun Shoe
Don't like breakfast food? What kind of Communist are you?

stubblyhead
Sep 13, 2007

That is treason, Johnny!

Fun Shoe
Only scrubs user picross hints.

stubblyhead
Sep 13, 2007

That is treason, Johnny!

Fun Shoe
Was this a flagship game or whatever for N64? Cause it honestly doesn't seem all that fun of a game.

stubblyhead
Sep 13, 2007

That is treason, Johnny!

Fun Shoe
The hot rumor when I was a kid was that if you shot enough fireballs at Bowser in smb1 you could kill him, and then somehow be able to have fireballs as regular Mario.

stubblyhead
Sep 13, 2007

That is treason, Johnny!

Fun Shoe
When Kyle said "were you like, 'I'm out now, let's gently caress a boy'" youtube's auto generated CC said "are you like him out now, let's avoid approval." Youtube is clearly antiqueer and Keith should sue.

e: Also if you think Rick and Louis don't go off and be gay together at the end of Casablanca you need to rewatch.

stubblyhead fucked around with this message at 19:03 on Oct 26, 2015

stubblyhead
Sep 13, 2007

That is treason, Johnny!

Fun Shoe
That rabbit stoned AF

stubblyhead
Sep 13, 2007

That is treason, Johnny!

Fun Shoe
Sorry about your dog.

stubblyhead
Sep 13, 2007

That is treason, Johnny!

Fun Shoe
A couple of the sounds that I really like are the sounds of a switchblade and a motorbike.

stubblyhead
Sep 13, 2007

That is treason, Johnny!

Fun Shoe
Yo your should check out Master of the Flying Guillotine for a good kung fu movie, poo poo is dope.

stubblyhead
Sep 13, 2007

That is treason, Johnny!

Fun Shoe
This LP isn't going to finish before this kid leaves for college, is it.

stubblyhead
Sep 13, 2007

That is treason, Johnny!

Fun Shoe
Ways that this game has not aged well:
  • all of them

Seriously, this does not look like a fun game at all.

stubblyhead
Sep 13, 2007

That is treason, Johnny!

Fun Shoe
I'm going to agree with K2 that pokemon picross was a fun game, but at best slightly free. I think I got about two hours out of it before I skills need to insert coin to continue. However I am a cheapskate and refuse to spend money on things like that on principle.

stubblyhead
Sep 13, 2007

That is treason, Johnny!

Fun Shoe

you were warned posted:

On the plus side, the stamina meter meant that my average playtime (as per the 3DS's log) was 20-30 min, rather than like an hour and a half with Mario's Picross and the e series. :v: I get wrapped up in "okay, fine, just one more puzzle. ...wait, why am I playing the next one already? oh well, just one more. ...wait,"

I admit having a built-in time limit was a nice side effect. It seems like the more effective way of getting money out of players it to make it possible to play for free, but annoying enough to make that couple dollars seem like a good investment. That way people that don't mind shelling out some real money can do so, and leeches like myself can pay for it with their own aggravation. Everybody wins.

stubblyhead
Sep 13, 2007

That is treason, Johnny!

Fun Shoe
Someone posted this in another thread, and it made me think of you guys. I've never seen a single episode of this show, but from what you were talking about it sounds pretty accurate.

stubblyhead
Sep 13, 2007

That is treason, Johnny!

Fun Shoe
I didn't think Keith ate tacos.

stubblyhead
Sep 13, 2007

That is treason, Johnny!

Fun Shoe
Wow, way to cockblock your cousin, man. Not cool.

stubblyhead
Sep 13, 2007

That is treason, Johnny!

Fun Shoe
Yoshis island was an awesome game, and Keith's inability to see that is testament to his terrible taste in games.

stubblyhead
Sep 13, 2007

That is treason, Johnny!

Fun Shoe
Those little things on the outside of strawberries you think are seeds are actually the fruits. The red yummy part is just surrounding tissue.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

stubblyhead
Sep 13, 2007

That is treason, Johnny!

Fun Shoe
19LettersLong are you mad at us??

• Locked thread