Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
General Ironicus
Aug 21, 2008

Something about this feels kinda hinky
I'm hyped for this thread and I can't wait to see how long the side game list gets. Mario's been in more games than anyone else ever and I'm hoping for triple digits. Let's go nuts.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

General Ironicus
Aug 21, 2008

All the talk of Wreck-It Ralph and King of Kong made me want to share this intersection. Disney made a fictional documentary to go along with their fictional video game but decided not to include it on the home release. As a comedy short the characters are more ridiculous and more ridiculed than the actual Kong people:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QXdTecBRYq4

General Ironicus
Aug 21, 2008

Capilarean posted:

What baffles me is why would anyone want to make a Popeye game in the first place. Did anyone even remember Popeye in the 80's?

You're remembering Popeye right now 30 years after that.

General Ironicus
Aug 21, 2008

The opening music sting from Tennis was also used in Baseball (an NES game where you play baseball).

General Ironicus
Aug 21, 2008

Why do you have to stop to refuel but everyone can get a new paintjob at top speed?

General Ironicus
Aug 21, 2008

Somethingdumb posted:

I love Chip on YTR, but I have no idea who he actually is. I'd like to hear a podcast or something but, goddamn, I don't think I could watch an LP. (I dont want you guys to think I hate the format you like, I feel the same way about video podcasts. Adding video just makes it so inconvenient for me)

You can make an exception just this once, P.A.L.S. is something else entirely: http://www.chipandironicus.com/videos/mgspw/54.html

General Ironicus
Aug 21, 2008

I'm over this topic and I'll put you under the ground.

General Ironicus
Aug 21, 2008

I played Yoshi all the time as a lonely child with a bad NES library and the music really took me back. Love that song.

General Ironicus
Aug 21, 2008

This is an auditory nightmare. Mario Teaches Typing is the sound a demon makes.

General Ironicus
Aug 21, 2008

Mario Teaches Whitewashed Public School History (1991)
Part 3/3 (LP pt.40) [Youtube]

General Ironicus
Aug 21, 2008

I hope this episode is also added to the Sonic playlist on your youtube page.

General Ironicus
Aug 21, 2008

Earthing is totally real. That's why astronauts are the unhealthiest people there are.

General Ironicus
Aug 21, 2008

Jack Gladney posted:

Watching Lucas play a sonic 2 warms my heart so much. I want to watch him beat that game so much.

The end sequence isn't as funny as Sonic getting spiked, so I don't see why he'd want to. Also Lucas needs to be congratulated on discovering a new Sonic 2 glitch that I don't think anyone had seen before.

General Ironicus
Aug 21, 2008

Please do not put bare feet in any future videos.

General Ironicus
Aug 21, 2008

FRINGE is a great show. It sounds like you stopped when they were still feeling out the tone and slowly laying groundwork, before the cast gelled and the constant threat of cancellation made them get to the point. The best part of the names of the alternate versions of characters is that they were just B-Olivia, B-Walter, etc in the scripts until they saw fans making up the portmanteaus online and put them in later episodes.

poo poo, now I'm spending my whole day watching FRINGE clips.

General Ironicus
Aug 21, 2008

Reveilled posted:

I'm impressed by how long Keith left "Kyle <3 hard candy" up there without comment. Since Kyle did not deny it I'm assuming it's true!

He's a big Ellen Page fan.

General Ironicus
Aug 21, 2008

If an official OCB twitter account did not exist, it would be necessary to invent one. This is one of many ways Old Country Buffet is akin to God.

General Ironicus
Aug 21, 2008

I know Gavin can't be around in every episode, but Keith needs to be tickled anyway.

General Ironicus
Aug 21, 2008

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z1PCtIaM_GQ

Please enjoy this video about why Jackie Chan movies are so good.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

General Ironicus
Aug 21, 2008

Lazerbeam posted:

If the shine sprites are supposed to be the islands guardians, why does a guy have loads of them that he sells for profit?

Capitalism.

• Locked thread