Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
deadly_pudding
May 13, 2009

who the fuck is scraeming
"LOG OFF" at my house.
show yourself, coward.
i will never log off

ThisIsACoolGuy posted:

Despite how excited I am for dream team this never even occured to me. Yeah I'd rather not see a full video let's play of every mario rpg that isn't part of the super star saga.

Not because they're bad, but christ this thread would be way to loving long :psyduck:

I'd like to see a full LP of Super Mario RPG, because I am every variety of nostalgic for that game. That said, VLPs of a JRPG are sort of insane, and I worry that pre-recording the gameplay so the battles can be fast-forwarded might weird up the improv thing that K&K have going.

I hope the RPGs get an episode to kind of discuss them, though. Superstar Saga is notable, too, just for the sheer explosion of fanwank that formed around it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

deadly_pudding
May 13, 2009

"LOG OFF" at my house.
show yourself, coward.
i will never log off

KKKLIP ART posted:

When I was in high school gym, it was funny to pants people. We weren't all totally cruel and usually tried to get the bottom of the shorts so your boxers/briefs would stay up, but one time while we were running warm up laps a guy pantsed another and underwear and shorts went around his ankles mid stride. His hands went over his junk, but due to his speed, he also fell face first on the floor, so there was bare rear end and ballsack all over the place. Pretty sure nobody did any pantsing after that, but slapping each other in the ballsack continued.

High school boys are strange.

You went to a weird-rear end school. If that happened to me in high school gym, I would probably be a super-villain now.

Edit: You guys better go all-out in Mario Party. I expect to see one Star exchange owners like 8 times via Mr. Boo :colbert:

deadly_pudding
May 13, 2009

"LOG OFF" at my house.
show yourself, coward.
i will never log off

FinalGamer posted:

That sounds a real diagnosis to me.

For being yanno, just a kid because holy gently caress trains are awesome what's wrong with you guys. Seriously, look at those things, they're huge, they're loud, they go SUPER FAST, it's everything a kid wants to be!
That said, this kid seems pretty rad and he reminds me a lot of me back when I was a younger age because I somehow totally followed his train/fog logic. Is this game impossible to lose or something?

That "I like your choice" soundclip just loving cracks me up though, god drat. I hope you're able to bring back the kid again for any future appropriate Mario videos though, just to fit the theme.

I didn't give a gently caress about trains when I was a kid. Come back when you've got some PLANES:swoon:

Trucks were also p. ok, I guess :colbert:

deadly_pudding
May 13, 2009

"LOG OFF" at my house.
show yourself, coward.
i will never log off

Seshoho Cian posted:

Y'know, for kids!

I rented the NES version of this when I was a kid and I thought it was awesome. So, mission accomplished, I suppose? I don't remember much about it. I was super young and easily entertained, and I think I just liked walking around the towns and talking to the people.

deadly_pudding
May 13, 2009

"LOG OFF" at my house.
show yourself, coward.
i will never log off

Mico posted:

I basically lost my poo poo at this:

^^^:horse:

Lotta people being pretty mean in this thread. I still think Keith and Kyle are cool :shobon:

Thanks for suffering through edutainment for us.

deadly_pudding
May 13, 2009

"LOG OFF" at my house.
show yourself, coward.
i will never log off

sebzilla posted:

Bloody hell, Americans shouldn't be allowed to do politics. It's just embarrassing.

Think of like the dumbest and most infuriating American you've ever seen talking about politics on TV.

That's like 80% of our population :v:

deadly_pudding
May 13, 2009

"LOG OFF" at my house.
show yourself, coward.
i will never log off
Has YT taken down the Super Mario Bros. movie commentary you guys posted yet? I kinda wanna watch it this weekend as a Bob Hoskins memorial event :ohdear:

deadly_pudding
May 13, 2009

"LOG OFF" at my house.
show yourself, coward.
i will never log off

CJacobs posted:

They did it like Rifftrax does their videos: They upload the audio only and give you, the viewer, a point at which to sync it with the normal movie.

Oh, brilliant. This is the thread that keeps on giving.

Pidmon posted:

They only posted an audio commentary, what're you talking about? You should listen to their commentary anyway.

I wasn't sure lol. I skipped over that one completely because I mostly watch LPs on my phone during my lunch break, so I've got a time limit.

deadly_pudding fucked around with this message at 12:59 on May 2, 2014

deadly_pudding
May 13, 2009

"LOG OFF" at my house.
show yourself, coward.
i will never log off

bathroomrage posted:

See, K&K? Do you see what happens when you let your video quality slip? Lizard Wizard starts posting Chip-style derails start happening!

It also makes me fight with my girlfriend about whether anybody should give a poo poo about internalized racism in media and marketing :colbert:

e: the worst new page

deadly_pudding
May 13, 2009

"LOG OFF" at my house.
show yourself, coward.
i will never log off

19LettersLong posted:

Super Mario Bros.: The Lost Levels (1993)
Part 1/? (LP pt.59) [Youtube]

It's shorter than my lunch break! A Kyle & Keith update I can get behind. Thanks for continuing to broadcast your suffering for us, you guys :unsmith:

deadly_pudding
May 13, 2009

"LOG OFF" at my house.
show yourself, coward.
i will never log off

you were warned posted:

My high school's sports rival was another school in the same town. It was in the suburbs, where all the "towns" just bleed together, so the boundaries were different (I technically lived in a different town from the schools, as did many of the students), but still, give me a loving break. The sports teams actually made a deal of it, too! "Hahaha man Other School SUCKS" even though they were literally a few neighborhoods away from going to that school. It's amazing how easy it is to "other" and then vilify similar groups of people.

More over on the tribalism point, there's this idea of Dunbar's Number, which states that you can only ever really give a poo poo about 150 or so people at a time, though some studies have seen it approach 300 in certain cases. So, roughly a high school class in a not-huge district.

Your idiot monkey brain is only physically equipped to acknowledge a couple hundred other people as "actual human beings", and all the rest just get lumped into "I dunno, people? gently caress those guys."

deadly_pudding fucked around with this message at 20:53 on Jun 18, 2014

deadly_pudding
May 13, 2009

"LOG OFF" at my house.
show yourself, coward.
i will never log off

Death Bot posted:

Lmao

I'd honestly be surprised if they even played every Mario Party.

I kind of hope they play one board from each Mario Party. An important part of these "Let's Play Every ____ Game" series is the suffering.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

deadly_pudding
May 13, 2009

"LOG OFF" at my house.
show yourself, coward.
i will never log off
I had Mario Party 2 when I was a kid, and was pretty fond of it. I recall liking the wild west board a lot. I also played Mario Party 4 at a friend's house a couple times. I was only able to identify which one just now by googling "Koopa Kabana" :shobon:

• Locked thread